Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

There's 2 Paranormal Actiivity films coming out next year, that raises the chance of getting a PA maze next year.

it's pretty obvious that Pumpkin is not IP based.

don't you guys think that "Pumpkin" is too much of a dead giveaway for maze based on Halloween (Holiday not movie) or Sleepy Hallow?

Im petting my money on other Mexican legend maze.

• Like 1

El Cucuy would be the perfect choice and a good spin off maze to La Llorona. If it's not El Cucuy, then Pumpkin will be a heck of a suprise.

So

Evil Dead: Book of the Dead

The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven

Black Sabbath: 13-3D

Insidious: Into The Further

El Cucuy: Cabeza De Calabaza

Universal Monsters Remix 2.0

The Walking Dead: Terror Tram II

Our line up looks pretty good this year along with us finally getting a soundstage. And who knows we may even get a 7th maze?

And I'd be happier if I knew Chucky's Insult Emporium was coming back.

F**k you auto correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways Cucuy? yeah JillV. made a good point when she brought it. Cucuy is said to smell like pumpkins

now if you don't mind Im gonna go pet some 20's.

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

Well Mexican folklore has proven to be fertile grounds for HHN, so there's a decent chance. Buuuut then again according to Jimmy there isn't (other) houses being shared and they are getting a South American folklore maze...so hmm. It's a bit too close to La Llorona, especially with us getting another TWD and 3D music maze and HOH being whatever HOH is. That's four mazes that aren't repeats (at least compared to how closely other repeats resembled past years') but close-ish.

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

Well Mexican folklore has proven to be fertile grounds for HHN, so there's a decent chance. Buuuut then again according to Jimmy there isn't (other) houses being shared and they are getting a South American folklore maze...so hmm. It's a bit too close to La Llorona, especially with us getting another TWD and 3D music maze and HOH being whatever HOH is. That's four mazes that aren't repeats (at least compared to how closely other repeats resembled past years') but close-ish.

YES!!!!!!

Well just cuz they are both based on Mexican folklore does not mean they are exactly the same thing. Actualy Cucuy is was more of the hunter of children then La Llorona was, but unlike La Llorona who is stuck wondering the Riverbed and rural mexican villiages El Cucuy normaly shows up anywhere kids are being "bad", and chooses his victums accordingly and with a theater scene in the maze it kinda sounds to me like it could a mexican city and not a villiage. IF we are correct about El Cucuy my assumption would be it could be a pinocchio "Pleasure Island" kinda theme as in kids out at night being mischivous such as going to a late night movie when they should be home, being out after dark, being places they should'nt be are hunted by El Cucuy. It would be different from old abandon viliiages, farms, and cemetaries.

• Like 1

There would certainly be differences between La Llorona and El Cucuy. In the same way that TWD season 3 is going to have different scenes/possibly characters and that 13 3D is going to be pretty different from GTH. Different enough that it's different enough, but if there's two things we know are pretty close to what we saw last year already, a third kinda close to it maze could be a poor choice. Especially since that one screaming at the baby lady in Insidious looks a lot like La Llorona. Of course, this far from kills the chances, but it's just stuff to consider. Like I said, Mexican folklore did very well in the past and Murdy said that he's done with the La Llorona character, but didn't say Mexican folklore was done. He also talked about using scents to trigger memories in that micechat interview. When I think of using memories and fear I always think of childhood fears, such as folklore. For those who grew up with those tales it's great because it reminds you of childhood fears thus putting you in a childlike mindset. That right there, the ability to make a fully grown person momentarily become a child, is something magic. That's part of the reason Trick or Treat at KSF worked so well, it reminded you of what it was like to be a scared child. Again, that's freaking magic.

So there's a lot working for the El Cucuy maze, but some stuff that works against it. Not that I'd mind seeing El Cucuy this year. Sounds terrifying if they do it right. One of my friends is terrified of Mexican folklore. He's white but his mom wanted to make him appreciate other cultures by exposing him to Mexican storytellers. So in the end he became legitimately terrified of La Llorona etc.

• Like 2

I think that El Cucuy is like the top dog in Mexican folklore followed by La Llorona and El Chupacabra in close 3rd. From all my family being Mexican el Cucuy will scare me to death. When you live in a Mexican folklore you will hear about El Cucuy in every bad thing you do. Do your Homework or El Cucuy is gonna get you. Behave or El Cucuy is gonna get you. My mom even sung me a lullaby that said, Go to sleep son, go to sleep right now, because here comes El Cucuy and he's gonna eat you. (Poorly translated to English :P)

• Like 2

Screaming Baby Lady? LMFAO oohhhh I got more fuel for my make fun of Insidious fire haha

but something the long of what I think would be cool and like Ferox said bring back some of those childhood fears. I'm mexican but mostly white washed (Im not even that dark but probably cuz I'm also a quarter Irish) but My grandma who is from Mexico used to tell me about El Cucuy all the time when I was little (of course being curious and a troublemaker usualy did'nt scare me to death) but I can picture going through a dark road or street where your not to be at night, a movie theater where kids are not allowed at night, a closed arcade thats off limits, a run down abandoned amusment park, the woods you are never supposed to go to, the bridge your not supposed to go under ect all while being hunted by El Cucuy you might even visit his liar where he keeps all the kids he takes.

• Like 2

Screaming AT a baby lady. She isn't a baby lady that screams, she screams at or around the baby! Come on get with it Grindhouse. You could also call her The Screaming Woman if you want to keep with the she looks like La Llorona thing.

El Cucuy certainly has drawbacks in 2013 with the issue of already announced similar to last year mazes (and even if HOH isn't UMR2.0 for some reason, it's still HOH) but it would draw on a very proven market and has a ton of scare potential. Personally I think the pros outweigh the cons, but we'll see what A&E decides. Something else to factor in is that KSF is bringing Trick or Treat back and Dominion. So that's the Latin demographic and the childhood fears theme, if HHN could get a really strong maze that has both of those elements they could knock KSF down a bit more. They are becoming very real competition so it could be a good move. And you know, make a killer maze.

• Like 1

Screaming Baby Lady? LMFAO oohhhh I got more fuel for my make fun of Insidious fire haha

but something the long of what I think would be cool and like Ferox said bring back some of those childhood fears. I'm mexican but mostly white washed (Im not even that dark but probably cuz I'm also a quarter Irish) but My grandma who is from Mexico used to tell me about El Cucuy all the time when I was little (of course being curious and a troublemaker usualy did'nt scare me to death) but I can picture going through a dark road or street where your not to be at night, a movie theater where kids are not allowed at night, a closed arcade thats off limits, a run down abandoned amusment park, the woods you are never supposed to go to, the bridge your not supposed to go under ect all while being hunted by El Cucuy you might even visit his liar where he keeps all the kids he takes.

Imagine if the environments turned out to be a barn, a cornfield, and a lair where El Cucuy hides his children. If that were the case, lots of fans might get their wish on a Jeepers Creepers maze after all. ;)

But assuming this whole bit of speculation is true, it looks like this will take place in a more "suburban" environment unlike La Llorona.

Screaming AT a baby lady. She isn't a baby lady that screams, she screams at or around the baby! Come on get with it Grindhouse. You could also call her The Screaming Woman if you want to keep with the she looks like La Llorona thing.

El Cucuy certainly has drawbacks in 2013 with the issue of already announced similar to last year mazes (and even if HOH isn't UMR2.0 for some reason, it's still HOH) but it would draw on a very proven market and has a ton of scare potential. Personally I think the pros outweigh the cons, but we'll see what A&E decides. Something else to factor in is that KSF is bringing Trick or Treat back and Dominion. So that's the Latin demographic and the childhood fears theme, if HHN could get a really strong maze that has both of those elements they could knock KSF down a bit more. They are becoming very real competition so it could be a good move. And you know, make a killer maze.

too late she is the Screaming baby lady now "ALL FEAR THE SCREAMING BABY LADY, she will RUIN your theaters and Plane rides!" Insidious: Into The Further only at Halloween Horror Nights 2013 check it out guys ;).

anyways, Dominion at knott's is latin based? honestly it would be a wise move on HHN's part you know what they say you have a perfect formula don't mess with it.