Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

A Del Toro maze, along with Evil Dead, and then Insidious, plus with a great TWD come back... forget about it. Best year of HHN ever.

Don't forget the possible soundstage house and the Black Sabbath maze.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think we'll get more than one show this year to alleviate congestion?

• Like 1

Hey guys, found some stuff that could really aid with speculation and whatnot. First, info on SS28;

Specs:

Area (Sq Ft) 13,916

Length 142 ft
Width 98 ft
Height 43 ft 11 inches
And has a pit/ tank in the center that is 54' x 25'
The same website also has info on the backlot sets, including New York . And... has maps. And.... offers virtual tours! :D
Here's a shot of the virtual tour for the New York set. The point of view is from #10 on the smaller inset map.
BRMcrLECYAEYW8n.png
When using the virtual tour you can see that there are large doorways in the facade to access our possible construction sites from streets on the other side (example in pic above).
  • Like 3

Hey guys, found some stuff that could really aid with speculation and whatnot. First, info on SS28;

Specs:

Area (Sq Ft) 13,916

Length 142 ft
Width 98 ft
Height 43 ft 11 inches
And has a pit/ tank in the center that is 54' x 25'
The same website also has info on the backlot sets, including New York . And... has maps. And.... offers virtual tours! :D
Here's a shot of the virtual tour for the New York set. The point of view is from #10 on the smaller inset map.
BRMcrLECYAEYW8n.png
When using the virtual tour you can see that there are large doorways in the facade to access our possible construction sites from streets on the other side (example in pic above).

Ahahaha I found about that website a few days ago. Very useful information indeed. Loving your fidelity towards this Jill.

• Like 1

in response to a fan about a SS house

"No...all the sound stages on the front lot are booked"

where exactly is SS 28? Maybe he's pulling a carny trick

That's how I would take it. I mean if he specifically says front lot, and not just all sound stages. That seems like a confirmation to me. Yet again, maybe thats just what I want to believe.

JP Queue = Insidious. Here's the comparison shot of the house used VS the shot I took at Uni today:

2013-08-08151951.jpg

insidious-movie-poster.jpg

That confirms it. Are you ready to venture into the Further?

Oh, and not that we need more confirmation on backlot houses, but the tour guide on the tram pointed out the construction and was saying that HHN would extend out on the backlot for the first time ever.

• Like 4

JP Queue = Insidious. Here's the comparison shot of the house used VS the shot I took at Uni today: 2013-08-08151951.jpginsidious-movie-poster.jpg That confirms it. Are you ready to venture into the Further? Oh, and not that we need more confirmation on backlot houses, but the tour guide on the tram pointed out the construction and was saying that HHN would extend out on the backlot for the first time ever.
I member seeing a vid of the construction of the house in the JP venue and I seen like a red face. I saw it briefly but Insidious came to mind. So... Black Sabbath = *New* Persian Square Venue Insidious = Jurassic Park Venue Evil Dead = The Mummy Venue The Walking Dead = Soundstage TWD is the biggest property so it's probably going to be in the soundstage. And I was off speculation for a lil and to see we could get a Coco maze. Damn that would be sweet.

I member seeing a vid of the construction of the house in the JP venue and I seen like a red face. I saw it briefly but Insidious came to mind. So... Black Sabbath = *New* Persian Square Venue Insidious = Jurassic Park Venue Evil Dead = The Mummy Venue The Walking Dead = Soundstage TWD is the biggest property so it's probably going to be in the soundstage. And I was off speculation for a lil and to see we could get a Coco maze. Damn that would be sweet.

Don't jump the gun just yet. Black Sabbath seems likely for Persian Square, but I wouldn't say it for sure just yet. You guys remember how we were all convinced Silent Hill was going in T2 last year? We actually found that out with the wrong code name, the wrong clues, and wrong location. LOL

Walking Dead in a sound stage, I'm going to say no on that. If you watch HHNFanboy's latest const. update, you can see large rooms that can resemble a prison on the backlot location.

• Like 1

Ah nice! I kinda figured it would be Insidious since I saw a door from the gates of hell hanging around the venue. Good job connecting the outline of the facade to Insidious.

Freak, did the tram guide mention the soundstage? Or just the NY area stuff?

Ah nice! I kinda figured it would be Insidious since I saw a door from the gates of hell hanging around the venue. Good job connecting the outline of the facade to Insidious.

Freak, did the tram guide mention the soundstage? Or just the NY area stuff?

He just mentioned the black tent on the NY backlot.

We officially have a better event than Orlando this year in my opinion. Insidious has been #1 on my wishful thinking list for houses to come to Horror Nights since I saw the movie on opening night back in 2011. And finally 3 events later it comes and I can't wait!!!!

I would take Insidious over any house Orlando has that we don't (CITW, RE, AWIL)

If our lineup was the following I think this year would be the best year by a long mile. This is a mix of all the houses I would take from both events.

Insidious

Evil Dead

Cabin in the Woods

Resident Evil

American Werewolf in London

BS: 13

• Like 2

Since I don't want to clutter up the construction thread with my jibber or jabber...

In the past Murdy said that soundstages were booked for production. When he said that we speculated that he could have meant that they were booked at the moment, as this was long before construction was being done.

https://twitter.com/search?q=hororrnights%20%22for%20production%22&src=typd

Note that he used the same phrasing in 2010.

----

Now a fan asks "hey John, have you ever considered renting out a sound stage for a maze?"

John says "No...all the sound stages on the front lot are booked"

Now, what is John saying no to? Clearly he has considered using a sound stage. He's wanted to for...well forever I imagine. So he could be assuming the fan is suggesting if he wants to book a sound stage for a maze. If there is a maze (or two) being built, the sound stage is booked. If right now he's not thinking about booking a sound stage, he's clearly not interested in booking a sound stage. Since he's already done it. Some pictures got out of open gates and a very mazey looking exit for 28...since they went on the web (which Murdy keeps tabs on) the shots that would potentially give away whatever is inside are being blocked off. But something's going on.

For an analogy...let's say you are in the shower. Somebody asks you if you want to take a shower. You can honestly say no you don't want to shower, since you are already taking one. You can also honestly say that the shower is currently occupied.

And as others have pointed out, there's currently nothing listed "in production" for 28 right now at the park.

• Like 2