HHN 2012: Universal Monsters Remix

Grindhousehero13

The music is just a novelty, kind of like the "dance mix" of Glenn Miller and other songs of the 40's-60's that was briefly popular in the 90's. When I listen to what djevilclown posted, I hear past the thumpa thumpa wumba wumba and hear the original scored music. Once again, just a novelty.

I think you said it perfectly

Id like to also add fomMr. Murdy

Q) Are we doing more with HOH than we have done in the past (i.e. Wolfman, Vampyre, etc). A) Yes...that's the idea

Q) Dubstep? A) Well I'd call it "Darkcore" Horror-Inspired electronica soundtrack for the attraction. Not exactly "Monster Mash"

Q) Why? A) Sometimes creatively you have to take chances, keep an open mind, try things instead of doing the same old same old.

Here come the squares again! Heaven forbid someone should dance in a maze because it will shatter the perfect believable atmoshpere and ruin everything for everyone! You guys are hilarious. If dancing in a haunted maze is fun for some people then they should do it, If it isn't fun for you then don't. It's as simple as that. This event is about EVERYBODY having FUN, not a few hardcore fans living out their personal HHN fantasies. I have gone through many mazes over the years (even at HHN) where jerky guests tried their best to ruin it for everyone in their general vacinity. When I find myself behind these types I just hang back for a while and let them get well enough ahead of me so that I don't run into them anymore. Actually I try to do this even if the people ahead of me are not particularly annoying - it generally leads to getting more of the scares/gags. Sure the security will occassionally tell you to move it along but it can be done.

At the end of the day, just do whatever it is you gotta do to have the most fun in any given maze or SZ. This event is chock full of people and if you let every idiot guests ruin your time then why are you even going? People that are really worried about this type of thing can g to Knotts and pay an extra $60 to go through their VIP maze deal.

Also, Trev is right - nothing funnier than some kid dancing or goofing off and then getting the living shit scared out of them.

you have never been behind a drunk guy at a maze? Im not being sarcastic either, the problem is not people dancing, the problem is drunks and teenagers dancing,

HOUSE OF HORRORS HATERS VS UNIVERSAL MONSTERS REMIX!!

Updating of House of Horrors....check.....Universal Classic Monsters.....double that!!......Bringing it up to date for the 21st century.....always a pleasure to see the youngin's get immersed with THE Universal property....Dubstep or Electronic Music to accompany the maze?.....more on that in a minute.

John Murdy's carny ways have already exceeded his expectations; think about it, PT Barnum once said "any publicity is good publicity". Look how many pages that this property has developed over the past few hours. Sure, most if it is in fear of what may or may not be an overuse of the form of digital music and sampling (ie stealing) of real music. Outside of DTH, I think just about everyone will go through the maze, have their thoughts good or bad, and enjoy the event in totality! If this maze is enough to cause your world to come crashing down. we are missing the point of HHN.

So, maybe a few more people will utilize HOH, gain an awareness or appreciation of Classic Monsters, alleviate some of the attraction congestion, and set a precedent for creating different content at Halloween Horror Nights. Can someone check on the welfare of DTH; I am worried :)

if this house is a success what if they make Silent Hill 2 Dubstep nightmares, or Saw the Remix

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.... and i'm pretty sure I only skimmed through the past 3 pages with very little worth reading. Currently over on the Orlando front, they're pissing and moaning about "oh god, we better not get that too". :rolleyes: On top of that, people seem to have this notion that if its any kind of club music, the setting has to be in a club. I don't see why its so hard to just keep an open mind and think outside of the box. This honestly seems like it has a lot of potential to be great. Obviously, execution is key. Since its the classic monsters though, that already eliminates the non-classic monster scenes found within HoH...

Phantom of the Opera is my favorite classic monster (originally Dracula, but he is now 2nd)...

anyway, since the monsters are "remixed"... I'm just going to throw this out there...

217253_1967127054424_3067711_n.jpg

This is the music that will probably be used. John said he was looking at this artist so im guessing we'll here it, expecially since it's horror related.

that was awful lol

The music is just a novelty, kind of like the "dance mix" of Glenn Miller and other songs of the 40's-60's that was briefly popular in the 90's. When I listen to what djevilclown posted, I hear past the thumpa thumpa wumba wumba and hear the original scored music. Once again, just a novelty with adding a little fun to the mix.

I guess it would be the same as using this:

you can hear the song behind the rap, but, doesn't make it good

the songs are even catchy, I must admit, I would listen to this at a party, but i would really dislike it if they used them at HHN

the funny thing is that lol, I would rather listen to these than to dubstep

Edited by black mask

I think thats kind stretching it a bit.

yeah that was just an example, it won't happen for real, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dubstep comes back with another maze if it works,

And at least Murdy has just come out and admited its a risk and an experiments so its not like Uni's shoving it down our throats, this has realy high potential to either be one of best mazes we ever had or the worst maze we ever seen Im having an open mind.

it is true about the open mind, but to me it feels a little bit like when a horror franchise has to reach out to bring new fans, like when Jason went to space or Leprechaun went to the Hood, Michael Myers went to the hood as well, and they did a reality TV Halloween movie, none of those were good,

I am not saying this maze will fail completely, but it kinda feels like when those movies were made, to bring in the youngsters

And at least Murdy has just come out and admited its a risk and an experiments so its not like Uni's shoving it down our throats, this has realy high potential to either be one of best mazes we ever had or the worst maze we ever seen Im having an open mind.

Remember Grindhouse, before today, most of the people posting were adamant that the HOH overlay was, well, the devil's poo. Now we get something more, and its Meltdown City. I doubt that this "inspired by" maze will tarnish the reputation of past HOH overlay or the Classic Monsters.

yeah that was just an example, it won't happen for real, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dubstep comes back with another maze if it works,

it is true about the open mind, but to me it feels a little bit like when a horror franchise has to reach out to bring new fans, like when Jason went to space or Leprechaun went to the Hood, Michael Myers went to the hood as well, and they did a reality TV Halloween movie, none of those were good,

I am not saying this maze will fail completely, but it kinda feels like when those movies were made, to bring in the youngsters

but I feel its a contrast bring in Dubstep to bring in the youngsters on the other hand last year and this we had Alice Cooper who realy hasnt been big since the 70's

Remember Grindhouse, before today, most of the people posting were adamant that the HOH overlay was, well, the devil's poo. Now we get something more, and its Meltdown City. I doubt that this "inspired by" maze will tarnish the reputation of past HOH overlay or the Classic Monsters.

thats my point exactly I just don't get how this is a travasty cuz appreantly the only good overlay we had was Vampyre, and also Im rooting for this maze but I understand that it has a 50% of falling flat, and that its the most random idea someone could come up with.

that was awful lol

I guess it would be the same as using this:

you can hear the song behind the rap, but, doesn't make it good

the songs are even catchy, I must admit, I would listen to this at a party, but i would really dislike it if they used them at HHN

the funny thing is that lol, I would rather listen to these than to dubstep

A novelty is something that may have its time, but eventually wears out. If the music matches the maze, then it will make sense. Never said I like it; just that it does not bother me in the context it will be used. IMO, most Electronic music is "soulless", lacking recorded instruments. The sampling is basically just stealing with permission and in no way takes the place of the original song its copying.

but I feel its a contrast bring in Dubstep to bring in the youngsters on the other hand last year and this we had Alice Cooper who realy hasnt been big since the 70's

I guess the difference is that they didn't do a Rap Alice cooper song to go along with the house?

I mean, I guess I see what you are saying,

I don't know, I still think party music is not the best choice, even remixes of the horror soundtracks would work, but the fact that they are saying Dubstep sound wrong, but, who knows, maybe it ends up being awesome,

A novelty is something that may have its time, but eventually wears out. If the music matches the maze, then it will make sense. Never said I like it; just that it does not bother me in the context it will be used. IMO, most Electronic music is "soulless", lacking recorded instruments. The sampling is basically just stealing with permission and in no way takes the place of the original song its copying.

I get what you are saying, I still see it like those Hip Hop remixes of horror songs people do, just one thing doesn't go well with the other, the halloween song made into a rap even though is catchy feels kinda wrong, specially for a maze

I wonder how would the music match the Maze?

I guess the difference is that they didn't do a Rap Alice cooper song to go along with the house?

I mean, I guess I see what you are saying,

I don't know, I still think party music is not the best choice, even remixes of the horror soundtracks would work, but the fact that they are saying Dubstep sound wrong, but, who knows, maybe it ends up being awesome,

I get what you are saying, I still see it like those Hip Hop remixes of horror songs people do, just one thing doesn't go well with the other, the halloween song made into a rap even though is catchy feels kinda wrong, specially for a maze

well I wouldnt catigorize Halloween Rap songs with Dubstep though some Dubstep is not party music, some of it stems from Gothic or Rave scenes (I used to have a ton of Raver friends -___- feel my pain) some if it is dark without trying use horror or Halloween as a gimmick and also I agree with you with the marketing on this, they shoudlnt of even used Dubstep when describing it, it leaves a nasty taste I have a feeling they could of explained it better and alot of people wouldnt of got this worked up.

As of today Black Mask, that will be the question that most will ask leading up to the maze. I am hoping that the reviews will end up focusing on if the maze had a consistent flow or theme, had good use of lighting or effects, with a comparison of the "Classic" versus "Inspired" Monsters.

well I wouldnt catigorize Halloween Rap songs with Dubstep though some Dubstep is not party music, some of it stems from Gothic or Rave scenes (I used to have a ton of Raver friends -___- feel my pain) some if it is dark without trying use horror or Halloween as a gimmick and also I agree with you with the marketing on this, they shoudlnt of even used Dubstep when describing it, it leaves a nasty taste I have a feeling they could of explained it better and alot of people wouldnt of got this worked up.

Eh, those who know what Dubstep is will know when they're hearing it immediately even if it's under a different name.

I don't think it would've made a difference.

Probably even more of a disappointment with the expectations of what the music might sound like and then hearing 'dubstep.' It would probably more of a terrible situation.

Okay Haunt fan, basically techno is more similar to a traditional rock song, with steady beats, pitchy highs and bassy lows, just with computers.

Dub step is the 21st century Michael Bay remake of old dial-up modem noises. Hard to figure beats and very bassy, with less highs. Easy to dance to, as there is no beat so no one can say you're doing it wrong.

Google Skrillex, as he's basically king of the dubs now.

Dubstep might have some roots from Goth or rave scenes,

but so far, from the searching I did, and the horror dubstep vids from Figure, I have not heard anything good, or dark, or horror like,

I mean, Im not saying there aren't Im just saying so far I have yet to hear a good dark dubstep song, or horror related, it all sounds like party techno to me,

IF they do pull this off, they would make amazing songs, if they pull of Dark sounding Dubstep,

the reason I showed the rap songs was because of what AsylumSBt said about hearing the horror theme underneath, with Hip Hop horror remixes you still hear the themes underneath, but it doesn't sound too good, and my rap songs post was also related to the Songs shown by Figure, you can hear the horror themes but it sounds like a mess with the Dubstep added

Okay Haunt fan, basically techno is more similar to a traditional rock song, with steady beats, pitchy highs and bassy lows, just with computers.

Dub step is the 21st century Michael Bay remake of old dial-up modem noises. Hard to figure beats and very bassy, with less highs. Easy to dance to, as there is no beat so no one can say you're doing it wrong.

Google Skrillex, as he's basically king of the dubs now.

don't forget the Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub through the whole song LOL

Edited by black mask

You guys are chatting about this excessively! I leave for an hour and there's already 2 extra pages! Madness.

Outside of DTH, I think just about everyone will go through the maze, have their thoughts good or bad, and enjoy the event in totality! If this maze is enough to cause your world to come crashing down. we are missing the point of HHN.

So, maybe a few more people will utilize HOH, gain an awareness or appreciation of Classic Monsters, alleviate some of the attraction congestion, and set a precedent for creating different content at Halloween Horror Nights. Can someone check on the welfare of DTH; I am worried :)

Make no mistake, there's no if's, and's or but's about it, I AM GONNA GO THROUGH THIS!!!! I have to see how shitastic it is. In fact, I'm actually expecting this to be better than Wolfman last year. Because no matter how stupidly horrible this may turn out to be, it should at least be bad in a fun way while Wolfman was just... bad.

gotta admit the mummt one is freaking annoying but I like the other 2, but from the press release its not gonna be the same ol monster they're gonna be revamped (no pun intended) but seriously where Murdy? wait wheres DTH? oh god he has murdy hostage!!! :o

Buahahahahaha... you guys are funny...

Really, Grind, one of the BEST mazes ever? Even if it does turn out good, that's a very far stretch.

Haha, great analogy!

• Like 1

Ok 2 things:

Basically this is the exact same HoH maze only thing is that they are probably going to replace Chucky & Psycho for creature of the black lagoon Dracula and maybe also the invisible man plus the annoying Dubstep.

Does anyone know if SKIRLEX or what ever its called is Dubstep.... That is the only Dubstep if it is Dubstep that I would want in HoH because I heard some songs today and the names of the songs are kinda dark.

Dubstep might have some roots from Goth or rave scenes,

but so far, from the searching I did, and the horror dubstep vids from Figure, I have not heard anything good, or dark, or horror like,

I mean, Im not saying there aren't Im just saying so far I have yet to hear a good dark dubstep song, or horror related, it all sounds like party techno to me,

IF they do pull this off, they would make amazing songs, if they pull of Dark sounding Dubstep,

the reason I showed the rap songs was because of what AsylumSBt said about hearing the horror theme underneath, with Hip Hop horror remixes you still hear the themes underneath, but it doesn't sound too good, and my rap songs post was also related to the Songs shown by Figure, you can hear the horror themes but it sounds like a mess with the Dubstep added

Im not talking about Hallowen/horror themed Dubstep, there is Dubstep that is dark.

You guys are chatting about this excessively! I leave for an hour and there's already 2 extra pages! Madness.

Make no mistake, there's no if's, and's or but's about it, I AM GONNA GO THROUGH THIS!!!! I have to see how shitastic it is. In fact, I'm actually expecting this to be better than Wolfman last year. Because no matter how stupidly horrible this may turn out to be, it should at least be bad in a fun way while Wolfman was just... bad.

Buahahahahaha... you guys are funny...

Really, Grind, one of the BEST mazes ever? Even if it does turn out good, that's a very far stretch.

well for HOH standerds

^It would be good in there dont you think Kursed

yeah skrillex has some dark songs like Kill Everybody, First Of The Year, and Devil's Den