HHN 2012: Universal Monsters Remix

Grindhousehero13

I agree that it is kind of random. The musice kind of just slaps you in the face once you get in, but it does still look really cool, probably the best hog overlay yet. My one wish is that they make the music more progressive. Have the maze start of with a more subtle tone, a little more dialog, and then progressively get more extreme and bassy

I agree that it is kind of random. The musice kind of just slaps you in the face once you get in, but it does still look really cool, probably the best hog overlay yet. My one wish is that they make the music more progressive. Have the maze start of with a more subtle tone, a little more dialog, and then progressively get more extreme and bassy

Yeah. I agree. I wish the maze had more of a build, with the Frankenstein room being the "climax" while everything before was a build up.

btw, was that a giant bat eating a human towards the end or a werewolf?

Werewolf. I think it was re-purposed from The Thing last year.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I laughed at your "HoH" typo.

A hog overlay.. Lol. DEM PIGGIES, MAN.

On topic: That would actually be really kool. Being a semi-fan of techno, (NOT dubstep) and knowing they actually have progressive techno, and build-ups before it 'drops' are one of the main parts of techno, it would of been kool to see if they could pull that off in UMR. It'd be kinda difficult, since it basically has to be one song to have the right effect, but I'm sure if they just chose calmer songs at first and built it up that way, it would've worked a little nicer than what they're currently doing.

Though, people who aren't fans of techno probably would have complained about how boring the beginning is.

I wanna say Wolfman was better because it took itself more seriously... but honestly there was more new stuff in this one to differentiate it from the other overlays. However, that still doesn't stop me from hating this abomination. The horror gods who worked so hard to create these classic monsters are probably rolling in their graves... I laughed my ass off throughout the entire thing though (at it, not with it). And yes, people were dancing (the DJ at the end kinda wants you to by the way he's trying to hype up the crowd haha). Never ran into any shufflers though, THANK GOD.

So new stuff-wise, it's at least better than Wolfman. As an actual maze, this is the worst maze they've done post-hiatus. I was expecting it to be bad. Actually, I was expecting it to be worse. So it COULD'VE been worse, but for what I was expecting, it was at a decent bad and I was at least entertained by its silliness, although to think of all the monsters as a joke (in a bad way, because they were TRYING to be scary) and not having any scare land isn't something I look for in a maze... Knotts joke mazes like TerrorVision, Hatchet High, Killer Klown College, etc. at least had some scares in them, but the music in the maze totally distracts from anything working in the HOH.

I think my girlfriend described it best: "I never got scared because I was too busy enjoying the music."

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

I honestly didn't think it was that bad despite the fact that I hate the music so much.

It's a good thing they mixed songs and didn't play one all the way through, that would've been annoying.

My main complaint is the inconsistency. I hated going through a room with music blasting and lights everywhere into a dark room with nothing happening at all.

Edited by Kurseddragon

• 2 weeks later...

Loved. It. A lot. I can't believe I'm saying this buh Remix and Silent Hill are my favorite mazes this year!!! They know they can't really make HoH scary anymore. So they tried to make it more fun to go through, and they did it well! :D Its not that scary, buh its an absolute blast to go through! :)

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone cares to know...here are some of the songs i've found (i put a * by the ones im not sure about)

entrance/facade-Monster, Murder, Kill

Dracula room-Vampires

*Phantom of the Opera room-

Chucky room-Chucky

*Night of the living dead room-zombies

Wolfman room-werwolf

Frankenstien room-Frankenstien/The Monster's Revenge

The psycho one is called Bates Motel revisited, but it's no where to be found on youtube. you can hear a demo of it on itunes though

Edited by Ridesandstuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...