HHN 2012: Universal Monsters Remix

Grindhousehero13

Can't wait for Snoop Dogg's House of Horrors next year!

(Apparently nobody sees the consequences of what Alice wrought last year and what's to come but me lol)

Correction! Snoop LIONS House of Horrors

Snoop Dog Did a horror movie hahahaha, They might even adapt that movie into a Maze :D :D

best thing is that is a New Line Cinema, and they have already worked with them so, could happen lol

bones.jpg

Edited by black mask

Forgot... Snoop Lions buahaha it'll be the reggae maze. Or start off rap, until it is destroyed by the power of raggae half way through.

Seriously, this is the future people

(Murdy's reading this now, thinking "I don't see what the problem with that is..." lol)

Apperantly Murdy expected all the outcry on this maze

when asked about the negativity he said this......

@stuartnewsom It certainly does...I knew that would tweak people.

@mcjunebug2 That's what I hear but I haven't looked too much. Too busy creating this thing. Can't worry about that

@stuartnewsom Well I was sketchy on La Llorona before we did it, I don't do just what I want to do...so have to find the passion in it

he seems to know where hes going with this, that more then we can say about Scream 4 Your Life last year, I figure his favorite thing in the world are Uni's monsters so I dont expect him to massacre them. Not like he's Micheal Bay haha

@GrimmJackson Its not just reimagined versions of the monsters...other characters too

@AbominableDonut Adding a lot of props, making some changes inside to get more scares, etc

warning this is more aimed for twitter and FB peeps, I just feel, minus DTH who always brings up good points with his rants, alot of people are taking this way too out of context, look Dubstep has been around since like the early 2000's before I was a teen and im 22 now, but the diffrence now is that people like Skrillex have made it more main stream over the last 3 years or so and since its populer its automaticly associated with teens (the bane of humanity apperantly). But I see it this way, HHN is aimed at teens to (13-19) to young adults (20-40) majority of people who go are I would say 15-30 (I proclaim this the party age) so an event that aimed for this age group is being accused of selling out because they are trying to real in the crowd that it was created to attract? even so if they did "Sell out" it's a buesiness! not a band, an artist, a writer, ect. they set out to throw a halloween event to draw in crowds each years and thats what they do there not trying to establish values, or take a stand on anything. I can respect the fact that its not everyone's cup of tea thats cool, but look I didnt like Alice Cooper, and didnt think the maze was scary but it was fun, this looks like it promises to be fun. I can see what DTH problem with it is, being that movies that would be awsome mazes are being turned down and this is on of the most random idea ever put out, and Im pretty sure if this maze was based on any other music even something he likes he would say the same thing, but to not give this a try because it has a dubstep soundtrack? thats just ridiculus give, go throw it at the end of the night with no lines after you do the mazes you wanted to do if it was good hey, you'll be glad you gave it a chance if it sucked oh well at least it was just HOH. now as 22 year old college student who enjoys that kind of music and horror Im gonna go enjoy this reeses of a maze with the rest of the awsome line up. regardless of soundtrack

so in conclusion

12692129.jpg

speech over lol!

^Great points Grind

Something about the name of the maze bothers me, it just sounds so corny.

thanks I just feel like were condeming this maze with just the minimal info, we finaly get a fresh new idea and everybody's either "I hate dubstep so much lets talk about how much we hate it" or "OMG teenagers the scum of the earth!" I started going to this event when I was 16, 6 years I been a teen at HHN for majority of that time, and I know if people were hating cuz I enjoyed what HHN was doing Id be peeved we tend to forget dooshbags know no age, age is not what gonna make someone do something stupid in a maze, the guys who were shuffleing and punching walls in the thing last year had to of been in there late 20's, and to say this is gonna be horrible cuz the music slection is like me not going to HHN at all because you don't like Rob Zombie.

But I will agree with you a better name would have been good like "Horror Undergound". or something like that

I don't get why you guys are complaining. This is an HoH overlay, and HoH has NEVER been a maze anyone has any high hopes for.

We knew he was going to use dubstep in a maze since he asked for it however long back, and if any of you have high expectations for the House during HHN, then you've never been there before...

Who cares. Murdy doesn't put that much effort into this maze. He uses his best efforts in the other attractions so if the idea sucks to you- don't go in it. But for those of us who still dig seeing the sets and short lines, all the power to us.

Just saying I'd you're let down at the maze with the least amount of effort put into it, then you're not giving the park enough credit.

In Murdy we trust.

I am very excited for this one. Very. Ive heard some other details that make me... well. Excited. With a capital E.

If there something I learned from 6 years on hear and on the vault (RIP) is that Trev is usualy always right. so this just validates my excitment for this maze.

is there any rumors or anything that you can legaly say that fill in some of the missing pieces to the theme?

Hi everyone, first time post here.

Any way I don't get why Murdy and co are going after this demographic in the first place, like what's the theme of the maze going to be anyway? Frankenstein's Monster broke the fax machine?

I'm just growing disenchanted with this whole event. After last year with Scream (My favorite horror movie) given the big middle finger, while Alice Cooper sits front row center, it just disappoints me. I'll still go this year with an open mind, just sigh.

Hi everyone, first time post here.

Any way I don't get why Murdy and co are going after this demographic in the first place, like what's the theme of the maze going to be anyway? Frankenstein's Monster broke the fax machine?

hahahaha that made me laugh

like what's the theme of the maze going to be anyway?

Its a way to incorporate the classic monsters (and apparently more) into HHN since... there wouldn't be horror at HHN if it wasn't for Universal's monsters. And it sounds like the house will be pumped full of horror steroids, which to me, can't be a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

How early were APs let in to Wolfman last year? I've heard people say different times but I also heard that it was a waste of time for some reason and because of it, they missed the opening scaramonies and didn't get out until 7:30 or something. So what's the deal with that?