HHN 2012: Universal Monsters Remix

Grindhousehero13

Just because dubstep has nothing to do with shuffling, doesn't mean people won't TRY to shuffle to it.

Poreotics breakdanced to Taylor Swift on America's Best Dance Crew and freakin' WON.

Truth is, there's more posers than there are those who appreciate and love the EDM lifestyle.

To MOST people it's all about popping pills and dancing like an idiot.

Much like us, the GP/posers swarm the fans in mass majority.

You're just going to get MORE people who don't get it than you do people who love it and understand it.

There WILL be people shuffling in this maze, it's a guarantee.

There WILL be people dancing in this maze, regardless of the type, and THAT'S a guarantee.

I can also guarantee even some of the MONSTERS will be dancing, whether they're supposed to or not, accidental or on purpose.

It will ALSO stop the traffic of the maze as people try to maneuver around those dancing in one spot.

There will be plenty of blackouts yelling at people to keep moving and to not dance.

If you don't realize this, ya guys need to remember this is the GP we're talking about.

If you're not anticipating a good amount of idiots entering this maze and trying to dance, then you're mistaken.

If you're also expecting 10,000 EDM lovers to walk through this maze telling idiots to stop shuffling to music they're not "supposed" to shuffle to then you're mistaken.

Will EVERYBODY dance? NO. But SOME/ALOT of people WILL.

Will they ONLY try to shuffle? NO. But SOME/ALOT of people WILL.

So it doesn't matter if it's shuffling or not, DANCING WILL OCCUR IN THIS MAZE and will inevitably annoy SOME/ALOT of people!

And it will also RUIN the environment and any chance of this maze being SCARY, not like it had a chance to to begin with considering it's freakin dubstep.

THAT'S why a lot of people are up in arms over this stupid idea. That and because it IS a stupid idea, EVEN if it works, the idea is still ridiculous & ludicrous. AND because it takes the focus off the horror elements of Halloween HORROR Nights as it slowly transforms into Halloween MUSIC Nights (Alice Cooper, Bill and Ted & NOW the HOH).

If you can't see this, then you're crazy!

If you can and still like it, then by all means, enjoy anticipating this.

But nobody should act like they don't understand those who are like "UGH, WTF?"

I think after this, I deserve...

SCREAM: REMIXED!

*coughs* Obvious spoilers for the entire series...

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2

yes thats true but it not like people werent shuffling at complete awkward time before I seen kids shuffling in the Welcome to Hell SZ to Lamb of God, hell some idiot was shuffling in The Thing last year. People are gonna be stupid regardless, but this is like saying the last Earthquake happened on the same day your next door neighbor moved in so it must be his fault the earthquake happened because you don't sure earthquakes has happened a million times before but it must be his fault, people are dumb they dance for no reason at wrong times been happening ever since I started going to HHN it not gonna stop with or without this maze

Yeah, I'll agree, idiots will be shuffling/dancing (ANY kind of dance) regardless. It's music, whether it's good in your own personal opinion or not, people dance to music. It's gonna happen.

However, this maze is a lose/lose.

If it does bad (Which I'm just gonna assume it will in order to have low expectations) then it's a complete waste of Universal Monsters.

If it does good, then GP will want it back. The only thing that'll come out of this if it's a good maze, is another "Remix" maze next year. Not saying it will be dubstep again (Though it probably will be) but it'll be another remix maze... No one's gonna want it, but it's bound to happen.

It's a terrible idea for a maze and only negative will come from it.

And on the topic of people shuffling in random areas: If they have headphones on, I'm personally ok with that. If they're shuffling to some heavy metal, they need to stop. It's stupid and even if you're the best shuffler ever, it only make you look worse and extremely dumb.

Is it just me or does this sound more like a mangerial decision rather than Murdy's decision?

And on the topic of people shuffling in random areas: If they have headphones on, I'm personally ok with that. If they're shuffling to some heavy metal, they need to stop. It's stupid and even if you're the best shuffler ever, it only make you look worse and extremely dumb.

Man Kursed, you seem to be mad at the shufflers that shuffle to other kinds of music. :P

My point is, people shouldn't be shuffling anywhere where it disrupts another person's experience or destroys the atmosphere. I can't tell you how many times I've seen groups of people shuffling at HHN when a group of people can't walk by them or even worse, the scareactors can't even get around them to scare people

Is it just me or does this sound more like a mangerial decision rather than Murdy's decision?

Man Kursed, you seem to be mad at the shufflers that shuffle to other kinds of music. :P

My point is, people shouldn't be shuffling anywhere where it disrupts another person's experience or destroys the atmosphere. I can't tell you how many times I've seen groups of people shuffling at HHN when a group of people can't walk by them or even worse, the scareactors can't even get around them to scare people

90% of shufflers are a bunch of assholes. I'll admit that. They think they're kool 'cause they can shuffle and always have that "I'm better than you" attitude.

Ironically, I hate most shufflers. :P

If they're willing to shuffle to the wrong type of music, they're definitely trying too hard to show off. Even more so if they're getting in people's way. I can see why people hate them and disrespect the dance and are nervous that it'll ruin the effects in the maze and just be overall annoying.

Honestly, I'm scared the same thing will happen, but it won't be me. :P

Edited by Kurseddragon

I will say this: If an idiot is dancing, they are not paying attention and are easier to scare.

The only guest dance I dont like and won't tolerate is being 'Party boy'd'. Now -that- is annoying.

oh lord people atill do that?????

I think the thing is, this theme kinda ENCOURAGES the dumb behavior.

I don't know if that earthquake analogy works so well either but I know what you mean haha

well any music at all would encourage dancing like I said people shuffled in the thing for pete sakes people are dumb with or without music

If it does bad (Which I'm just gonna assume it will in order to have low expectations) then it's a complete waste of Universal Monsters.

If it does good, then GP will want it back. The only thing that'll come out of this if it's a good maze, is another "Remix" maze next year. Not saying it will be dubstep again (Though it probably will be) but it'll be another remix maze... No one's gonna want it, but it's bound to happen.

regardless how good or bad this ends up being I dont see it being the number one maze or being repeated what we are all forgeting is that its house of horror if it good FINALY if its bad then oh well hopefully next time.

Let's just hope the monsters are real so they can actually kill and eat the brains of all those who shuffle in their domain! ;)

That's how they'll tie it into the theme, the monsters use dubstep to bring in the mindless idiots who dare to shuffle inside of a Theme Park maze so they can feed on their useless brains. :P

If they're willing to shuffle to the wrong type of music, they're definitely trying too hard to show off. Even more so if they're getting in people's way. I can see why people hate them and disrespect the dance and are nervous that it'll ruin the effects in the maze and just be overall annoying.

Honestly, I'm scared the same thing will happen, but it won't be me. :P

arnt most shufflers just showing off / Im with you I hate shufflers with a passion and I kinda wish LMFAO would just be sent into the sun, Im more of a Punk/Hardcore/Screamo kinda guy occaisionaly some Pop lol I like dubstep too but people who shuffle all over the damn place it just makes you look like a jackass no offense of corse I just mean the idiotic ones who do it in public and at partys

Just because dubstep has nothing to do with shuffling, doesn't mean people won't TRY to shuffle to it.

Poreotics breakdanced to Taylor Swift on America's Best Dance Crew and freakin' WON.

Truth is, there's more posers than there are those who appreciate and love the EDM lifestyle.

To MOST people it's all about popping pills and dancing like an idiot.

Much like us, the GP/posers swarm the fans in mass majority.

You're just going to get MORE people who don't get it than you do people who love it and understand it.

There WILL be people shuffling in this maze, it's a guarantee.

There WILL be people dancing in this maze, regardless of the type, and THAT'S a guarantee.

I can also guarantee even some of the MONSTERS will be dancing, whether they're supposed to or not, accidental or on purpose.

It will ALSO stop the traffic of the maze as people try to maneuver around those dancing in one spot.

There will be plenty of blackouts yelling at people to keep moving and to not dance.

If you don't realize this, ya guys need to remember this is the GP we're talking about.

If you're not anticipating a good amount of idiots entering this maze and trying to dance, then you're mistaken.

If you're also expecting 10,000 EDM lovers to walk through this maze telling idiots to stop shuffling to music they're not "supposed" to shuffle to then you're mistaken.

Will EVERYBODY dance? NO. But SOME/ALOT of people WILL.

Will they ONLY try to shuffle? NO. But SOME/ALOT of people WILL.

So it doesn't matter if it's shuffling or not, DANCING WILL OCCUR IN THIS MAZE and will inevitably annoy SOME/ALOT of people!

And it will also RUIN the environment and any chance of this maze being SCARY, not like it had a chance to to begin with considering it's freakin dubstep.

THAT'S why a lot of people are up in arms over this stupid idea. That and because it IS a stupid idea, EVEN if it works, the idea is still ridiculous & ludicrous. AND because it takes the focus off the horror elements of Halloween HORROR Nights as it slowly transforms into Halloween MUSIC Nights (Alice Cooper, Bill and Ted & NOW the HOH).

If you can't see this, then you're crazy!

If you can and still like it, then by all means, enjoy anticipating this.

But nobody should act like they don't understand those who are like "UGH, WTF?"

I think after this, I deserve...

SCREAM: REMIXED!

*coughs* Obvious spoilers for the entire series...

that is a great video, and great song even, puts me in the mood for party

yes thats true but it not like people werent shuffling at complete awkward time before I seen kids shuffling in the Welcome to Hell SZ to Lamb of God, hell some idiot was shuffling in The Thing last year. People are gonna be stupid regardless, but this is like saying the last Earthquake happened on the same day your next door neighbor moved in so it must be his fault the earthquake happened because you don't sure earthquakes has happened a million times before but it must be his fault, people are dumb they dance for no reason at wrong times been happening ever since I started going to HHN it not gonna stop with or without this maze

I don't think that is a good analogy,

Dubstep will put people in the mood for dancing, even regular people, not just idiots, the maze will have the feeling of a Nightclub, or a rave or something, Strobe lights and loud, dubstep, can't see how this will be scary at all,

I mean, they are going to use a party type of music in a house, with strobes probably, I think even hardcore fans here will be tempted to do a little dance walking once or twice

I think, I can predict people walking / dancing with glowing sticks like this even, throughout the house

74915d1212802336-animated-gif-thread-rave10.gifglowstick.gif

Edited by black mask

arnt most shufflers just showing off / Im with you I hate shufflers with a passion and I kinda wish LMFAO would just be sent into the sun, Im more of a Punk/Hardcore/Screamo kinda guy occaisionaly some Pop lol I like dubstep too but people who shuffle all over the damn place it just makes you look like a jackass no offense of corse I just mean the idiotic ones who do it in public and at partys

I think it depends on where exactly you're at. I don't think shuffling in public or at parties is a problem, as long as you're out of people's way. And as long as you're not trying to show off or get into any "Shuffle Battles," then it gets pretty stupid.

That's actually a really good point! Nothing positive could be gained from doing this!

As you said, if people hate it, they might blame it on the Universal Monsters and then boom, we never see them again!

If the GP likes it, then boom, next year - Universal Monsters: DEREZZED.

regardless how good or bad this ends up being I dont see it being the number one maze or being repeated what we are all forgeting is that its house of horror if it good FINALY if its bad then oh well hopefully next time.

I agree HoH is a shit hole used to put people in but this is just like, "c'mon." Of all the ideas in all of the world, how does THIS one win? Even if HHN lives on for the next 100 years and the HoH is around for all of them, this idea should've never come to pass. There's enough scary ideas in the world and the HoH has such great variety, that endless amounts of scary things could be put in it. This doesn't scream, "SCARY." Like when I hear the Wolfman, I think, "oh, scary." Or Vampyre/vampires, "oh, scary." Chucky, "oh, scary." Modern day Frankenstein, "oh, scary." Dubstep Monster Maze, "oh... wait, what?"

Not everything has to be scary. HHN could use a little bit of FUN to keep it from getting monotonous. (Not too much fun, mind you. but a little. balance!) And HoH is the best place to inject FUN because seriously... everything that goes in there is bad anyway. So why not?

• Like 1

I think it depends on where exactly you're at. I don't think shuffling in public or at parties is a problem, as long as you're out of people's way. And as long as you're not trying to show off or get into any "Shuffle Battles," then it gets pretty stupid.

Well like everything there is a time and place and what I ment was like in public in the middle of walmart or waiting line for something and at parties when out of nowhere a shuffle battle opens up when its a chill party not a dance party.

I just feel like people all taking the Dubstep aspects way too seriouse and maybe that Uni's fault for trying to market in on the phrase Dubstep, I realy wish Murdy would chime in on this already to be honest. and point being no ones saying this is gonna be scary hell everyone loved Alice Cooper, it wasnt scary in the least, its like knotts and the clowns minus the fact that some people are afraid of clowns are those mazes realy scary? Orlando does a Fun maze every year would you consider Holidays of Horror scary? my point its one maze and its HOH come on guys not like every house is bumping dubstep.

Well like everything there is a time and place and what I ment was like in public in the middle of walmart or waiting line for something and at parties when out of nowhere a shuffle battle opens up when its a chill party not a dance party.

I just feel like people all taking the Dubstep aspects way too seriouse and maybe that Uni's fault for trying to market in on the phrase Dubstep, I realy wish Murdy would chime in on this already to be honest. and point being no ones saying this is gonna be scary hell everyone loved Alice Cooper, it wasnt scary in the least, its like knotts and the clowns minus the fact that some people are afraid of clowns are those mazes realy scary? Orlando does a Fun maze every year would you consider Holidays of Horror scary? my point its one maze and its HOH come on guys not like every house is bumping dubstep.

that is true,

I think a Dubstep monsters idea would work better as a street zone, I think they should have put the dubstep in the streets maybe, it would be like a nice little monster party, people that want to dance would have no problem

Here come the squares again! Heaven forbid someone should dance in a maze because it will shatter the perfect believable atmoshpere and ruin everything for everyone! You guys are hilarious. If dancing in a haunted maze is fun for some people then they should do it, If it isn't fun for you then don't. It's as simple as that. This event is about EVERYBODY having FUN, not a few hardcore fans living out their personal HHN fantasies. I have gone through many mazes over the years (even at HHN) where jerky guests tried their best to ruin it for everyone in their general vacinity. When I find myself behind these types I just hang back for a while and let them get well enough ahead of me so that I don't run into them anymore. Actually I try to do this even if the people ahead of me are not particularly annoying - it generally leads to getting more of the scares/gags. Sure the security will occassionally tell you to move it along but it can be done.

At the end of the day, just do whatever it is you gotta do to have the most fun in any given maze or SZ. This event is chock full of people and if you let every idiot guests ruin your time then why are you even going? People that are really worried about this type of thing can g to Knotts and pay an extra $60 to go through their VIP maze deal.

Also, Trev is right - nothing funnier than some kid dancing or goofing off and then getting the living shit scared out of them.

HOUSE OF HORRORS HATERS VS UNIVERSAL MONSTERS REMIX!!

Updating of House of Horrors....check.....Universal Classic Monsters.....double that!!......Bringing it up to date for the 21st century.....always a pleasure to see the youngin's get immersed with THE Universal property....Dubstep or Electronic Music to accompany the maze?.....more on that in a minute.

John Murdy's carny ways have already exceeded his expectations; think about it, PT Barnum once said "any publicity is good publicity". Look how many pages that this property has developed over the past few hours. Sure, most if it is in fear of what may or may not be an overuse of the form of digital music and sampling (ie stealing) of real music. Outside of DTH, I think just about everyone will go through the maze, have their thoughts good or bad, and enjoy the event in totality! If this maze is enough to cause your world to come crashing down. we are missing the point of HHN.

So, maybe a few more people will utilize HOH, gain an awareness or appreciation of Classic Monsters, alleviate some of the attraction congestion, and set a precedent for creating different content at Halloween Horror Nights. Can someone check on the welfare of DTH; I am worried :)

This is the music that will probably be used. John said he was looking at this artist so im guessing we'll here it, expecially since it's horror related.

Oh, my God, the repetition in these... -.- My head hurts so bad, I don't even get what I'm supposed to be listening for in this.

I don't like electronic music, but that's not what bothers me most about this maze. What I'm most worried about is getting basically the same HoH that we've seen a million times, just with strobe lights. I was pretty hyped when I heard that it was closing to be redone for HHN.

Someone needs to get more info out of Murdy about what is going to be inside this maze besides the music.

This is the music that will probably be used. John said he was looking at this artist so im guessing we'll here it, expecially since it's horror related.

months ago when john first asked about music genres i said dubstep/drumstep he asked for artists and Figure was one of them i said... he later said he was checking out Figure for music for a maze

The music is just a novelty, kind of like the "dance mix" of Glenn Miller and other songs of the 40's-60's that was briefly popular in the 90's. When I listen to what djevilclown posted, I hear past the thumpa thumpa wumba wumba and hear the original scored music. Once again, just a novelty with adding a little fun to the mix.

Edited by AsylumSB