HHN 2012: Universal Monsters Remix

Grindhousehero13

Hahahahaha @ DTH. Okay, as excited as I am for this you are right. It really should have been Jaws. I guess we can still hold out hope for Quigley. :)

I really don't think this is a stab at catering to a younger fan base. Industrial, metal and electronic music have been used in mazes for years and years (I worked in a maze in Nor Cal as a teenager that used a lot of the old Rob Zombie remixes to pretty cool effect). It seems like a thematic choice to me and not a marketing ploy.

After a long boring first day of school I see this... My first thought "WTF WHAT IS THIS A MAZE WHERE INSTEAD OF BEING SCARED YOU SEE FRAKENSTEIN SHIFFULING" Ill give it the benefit of the doubt Ill check it out maybe its interesting at least its not a Lady GaGa or Justin Beiber maze!

........... it should've been Jaws.

Jaws would have been a whole lot better than this. On the plus-side, at least it's being done in HoH, which I enter every year with the lowest of expectations. Had they used dubstep in a real maze.....none of us would be able to restrain DTH.

Did Murdy actually say that he doesn't see steampunk working in a house? Amazing. Orlando's take on steampunk were two of my most memorable experiences. But I cannot even begin to imagine how awful Saws and Steam or Frankenstein would have been if they blared dubstep through it.

Judging from the article, I'm very curious to see if there's any major changes to the HoH since they've already got rooms for all the characters listed. I know there's more characters, but sadly it won't be surprising if it's mostly just a change in lighting, music and costumes.

I'm beginning to think the changes will be rooms like, Chucky, Psycho, and the Dawn of the Dead room as well as the random blank room right after The Wolfman.

Umm, just to clarify, I shuffle.

Yes, I'm one of those annoying kids who shuffle.

The difference is, I suck and I'll admit it. I do it for fun, not for competition. My friends and I have been doing it for like a year and a half now and not once have we ever brought up "I'm better than you." We only dance 'cause that's how we show we love techno.

However, where you guys are wrong: You CANNOT shuffle to Dubstep.

Sadly, there is a Dubstep dance, which thankfully isn't popular at all, and it's also really stupid and more annoying than shuffling.

So there's one worry off your list. (Unless Murdy mixes regular techno with Dubstep, then maybe you'll have a problem)

But don't worry, it won't be me or my friends dancing in or around the maze and getting in people's way. I assure you, if we do, it'll be out of the way and we'll have our own music playing through our headphones and not annoying anyone. :P

Secondly, why did they have to use Dubstep? Like, seriously? You finally have a Universal Monster maze, and you ruin the whole thing with Dubstep? Look, I hate Dubstep, but I'll be fair, they shouldn't have used any music whatsoever in the maze. They have a month to enhance it and make it a great Monster maze, but they ruin it with a music overlay. Any kind of music (besides Universal Monster's music) is just a stupid idea.

I know, they did it with Alice Cooper, but that's different. The whole maze was solely based off him so it kind of makes sense to use his music?

If they're gonna base a maze off Universal Monsters and add music to it, use their soundtracks... It only makes sense.

But fine, you didn't use their soundtrack, why choose such a controversial form of music? Why not something strict to horror. Not "Has a sound like horror sometimes." It really doesn't make sense and isn't thought-out very well. I can understand why they used Dubstep, but why not just blast it through speakers in the scarezones rather than ruining an entire maze with it.

After a long boring first day of school I see this... My first thought "WTF WHAT IS THIS A MAZE WHERE INSTEAD OF BEING SCARED YOU SEE FRAKENSTEIN SHIFFULING" Ill give it the benefit of the doubt Ill check it out maybe its interesting at least its not a Lady GaGa or Justin Beiber maze!

Honestly, Lady Gaga would've been scarier than this...

It's different when you joke about it and when it becomes reality.

But Lady Gaga seriously works as a better idea.

I can't even begin to imagine how twisted that maze would be.

This is just gonna be flat out stupid though.

Not even gonna give it the benefit of the doubt.

(I totally hope I come out of the maze saying it was the best thing ever)

I tried to pick two that were well-known in each genre. :P

But they're two obviously different forms of electronic. You can definitely hear the difference.

I recognized the differences after you categorized it for me. But when I originally heard those songs, I thought they were both "Electronic" no real differences.

I recognized the differences after you categorized it for me. But when I originally heard those songs, I thought they were both "Electronic" no real differences.

Yeah, if you're kinda just listening to them and not paying attention, I can see how you can think they're the same thing.

However, some dubstep gets quite annoying with their sounds and it'd be hard to not realize what you're listening to.

Also, I know I already said this, but every video I just watched on this announcement has complained about shuffling.

You CAN'T shuffle to Dubstep. It's not possible. You have to be the worst shuffler in the world to even attempt to shuffle to Dubstep.

Yeah, if you're kinda just listening to them and not paying attention, I can see how you can think they're the same thing.

However, some dubstep gets quite annoying with their sounds and it'd be hard to not realize what you're listening to.

Also, I know I already said this, but every video I just watched on this announcement has complained about shuffling.

You CAN'T shuffle to Dubstep. It's not possible. You have to be the worst shuffler in the world to even attempt to shuffle to Dubstep.

I guess you could Shuffle if you are a monster :D

monsters-dancing.gif

Edited by black mask

It seems like a thematic choice to me and not a marketing ploy.

exactly how I feel

Sorry to disappoint you. No rants from me. But I will say this......

...................................................................................................

..................................................................................................

............................................................ it should've been Jaws.

wow! the world is finaly at peace!

I think Murdy is going to do it how he did Alice Cooper. I doubt he will just blast dubstep. He has always wanted to preserve the Classic Monsters. He will probably make a horror movie track out of dubstep songs.

I like how only a few of us are keeping this in mind^^^^

Dubstep has nothing to do with Shuffling for the millionth time lol

Did Murdy actually say that he doesn't see steampunk working in a house? Amazing. Orlando's take on steampunk were two of my most memorable experiences. But I cannot even begin to imagine how awful Saws and Steam or Frankenstein would have been if they blared dubstep through it.

were not talking about steampunk with Dubstep were talking about Cyberpunk with Dubstep

^Ha. :P

Okay, even though I'm a High Schooler, I have no frickin' clue what the hell dubstep is vs techno. Somebody please explain it to me, the differences at least.

If it goes wub wub wub wub its dubstep.

what Trev said !!! lmao

but in all seriouseness Im realy happy Kurseddragon came out and said Shuffling has NOTHING to do with Dubstep.

Dubstep has nothing to do with Shuffling for the millionth time

I was being sarcastic because I don't listen to that crappy music but really what can we expect Universals Classic Monsters dancing to dubstep. This is not scary it would be scarry if it had different music I should take my brother into this since he is scared of almost everything and it will be his first year to HHN

It's like trying to explain the difference between a chicken nugget and a chicken strip.

Same shit, just in different forms.

pretty much

If it goes wub wub wub wub its dubstep.

I think that is what I hate about dubstep so much, and what I hate more than techno, I can actually listen and enjoy techno,

but the Wub Wub Wub of dubstep is what I hate because it sounds the same in every single song, you can listen to 15 dubstep songs, but they all have the same exact effect, that Wub wub it does, I can't stand that, is the same in every song

I was being sarcastic because I don't listen to that crappy music but really what can we expect Universals Classic Monsters dancing to dubstep. This is not scary it would be scarry if it had different music I should take my brother into this since he is scared of almost everything and it will be his first year to HHN

sorry its hard to read sarcasim just seeing post after post about "Damn it people are gonna shuffle " it get over done. I love Dubstep not my favorite genera and Ill admit just using music as a gimmick can be realy realy bad but I dont think its gonna be the case here and I pretty sure your not gonna see the monsters dancing this is Murdy whos putting this togather.