Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare

Hauntfan

If no one understands the house by Friday, I'll try to explain it the best I can. I know it seems like a jumbled mess with the scenes but there is actually a story told as you go through it. Since I haven't gone through it since rehearsals two weeks ago, I only remember up until the scene after mine (you'll have to figure that out for yourselves :ninja: ). As for a track listing for the house, I'd have to go through it again and really listen.

I have to admit it does feel like a mess, I guess i have to do it again and try to understand it better,

Edited by Mr. Black

is there a track list for the house?

I went through on Saturday without listening to anything, I enjoyed the house but didn't quite understand quite what was going on.

Same with Silent Hill to an extent (i'll probably watch 1st movie before my last visit this year)

Music has been identified for the house, as you can check out the music listing

The spider motifs threw me off at first, but upon reading (here) that "Steven" considers himself a spider, the house actually made total sense the second time through. If anything, the plot is a bit cliched, the same as countless 80s slasher movies. Little boy is abused by everyone in his life, until "No More Mr. Nice Guy" when he becomes a serial killer and murders everyone who wronged him. "Alice Cooper" is at the end for the same reason "Poe" was in Nevermore.

• Like 2

I've read in the reviews that people don't understand why the lady is dancing next to the stripper pole and yet there are no scareactors in the room. I noticed on the second time through the house that

as you leave the room, look above you and there is a scareactor laying on a wooden board that will reach his hand through in an attempt to grab you

• Like 1

The spider motifs threw me off at first, but upon reading (here) that "Steven" considers himself a spider, the house actually made total sense the second time through. If anything, the plot is a bit cliched, the same as countless 80s slasher movies. Little boy is abused by everyone in his life, until "No More Mr. Nice Guy" when he becomes a serial killer and murders everyone who wronged him. "Alice Cooper" is at the end for the same reason "Poe" was in Nevermore.

And that is a useful synopsis.

I've read in the reviews that people don't understand why the lady is dancing next to the stripper pole and yet there are no scareactors in the room. I noticed on the second time through the house that

as you leave the room, look above you and there is a scareactor laying on a wooden board that will reach his hand through in an attempt to grab you

That's probably the best scare of the house but I noticed as I went through later that night the sound was not working or the actor did not use the sound an only the lighting which kind of takes away from the startle effect.

I am starting to think that maybe this house should have been 3D, while Penn and Teller didn't need to be 3D? I have been reading a lot of comments that people go to Penn and Teller without the glasses and it was better,

while this house could have been really awesome if the 3D was added, could have been a lot of fun and for those that didn't get what was going on or hated it it could have made the visit better.

I don't know, it seems to me that if they had switched around it would have been better maybe?

Been through this house 10 times :ninja:

- facade seriously underwhelming. Needs lasers/nightclub lighting, fire shooting up from the lamp posts, and giant boxes that resemble speakers for the real speakers to sit inside. The "railing" that says "Alice Cooper" is cool, but is easily missed.

- a few cool scenes

- a few craptastic scenes

- Stripper fails to know how to use a pole, i need to show her

- Stripper scene fails to take advantage of the stripper distraction for a scare

- awesome stained glass window "eyes" effect

- is not a bad house, but not a good one either

- has potential for scares (almost got one from the spider room)

- poorly placed scareactors which make scenes fall flat (yes, that would be you medical scene that comes after the asylum room)

- finale is okay, but can easily miss the scareactors in said finale (including the AC "showman)

Lots of little details noticed around the house each time. With some (minor?) changes, this house could have great potential and would be more enjoyable even to those who have no idea what is going on.

• Like 1

Went through the house twice last weekend and while fun, it is not piquing my interest yet.

The spider room has probably one of the best makeups at the event (2nd spider face lady). While it may have been the lighting, (and it may look terrible in full light) it looked absolutely wicked. It was funny that the spider room also had the exact same walkthrough layout as the mirror floor room in In-Between. They pretty much left everything in there, and threw two spider people in haha.

I'll give it a couple more runs, but not feeling it as of right now.

"The Last Tempation" was my personal character research for Steven, much like I used "The Cask of Amontillado" and "The Black Cat" last year for my Bricked Up scene last year. If you're already familiar with Alice's music, or have gone through a greatest hits album, I would follow that up with listening to "The Last Temptation" in order from start to finish to get the story of Steven.