The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

mr.luck

Speaking of spoilers...

MTV did a walk through of TWD.

write up here (props to DTF for the heads up)

Two concerns over all this:

1.) Holy Crap the are marketing the heck out of TWD! All the people this is reaching... worries me about crowds.

2.) If they keep giving spoilers of the houses... I think it will lessen the impact for some people. (Not me I like the Behind the scenes stuff).

Two concerns over all this:

1.) Holy Crap the are marketing the heck out of TWD! All the people this is reaching... worries me about crowds.

2.) If they keep giving spoilers of the houses... I think it will lessen the impact for some people. (Not me I like the Behind the scenes stuff).

I'm hoping that if people who watch TWD come out, they will come out just for that house and perhaps not loiter around or be interested in the rest of the event and just leave....

A girl can dream can't she?

Lol nah... well maybe haha jk

I would pay good money to a picture of you standing next to the doors with a thing of paint swatches in your hand....LOL ;)

• Like 1

One room that seems to be missing from our (Orlando) maze is the God Forgive Us room (which they showed in the Hollywood walkthrough).

This is the room that Rick stumbles upon in the Pilot episode (a little farmhouse I believe), where the occupant inside has blown his head off with a shotgun and someone has written 'God Forgive Us' on the wall in blood.

It was a chilling scene in the show and after watching the video, I felt like HHN Hollywood recreated it very well. I'm gonna miss that scene at our event but at least I got to see it in the video (before those bastards made it private)

One room that seems to be missing from our (Orlando) maze is the God Forgive Us room (which they showed in the Hollywood walkthrough).

This is the room that Rick stumbles upon in the Pilot episode (a little farmhouse I believe), where the occupant inside has blown his head off with a shotgun and someone has written 'God Forgive Us' on the wall in blood.

It was a chilling scene in the show and after watching the video, I felt like HHN Hollywood recreated it very well. I'm gonna miss that scene at our event but at least I got to see it in the video (before those bastards made it private)

I completely agree, that scene would've been a great room to have here in Orlando....very chilling as you stated and resonates the overall mood of that first episode. ;)

I think they are sticking to more iconic scenes throughout the house, those which stood out to even the avid viewer of the program. But again, it was an amazing moment in the pilot episode and I'm happy to see that HHN Hollywood is using it and they did such a great job of recreating it!

YES!

I would actually love it if there are no actors with just make up but they all have masks, makes me much more scary

Why is that? Movie quality makeup is much more realistic than a mask with eyeholes in it.

I was hoping for a mix of both.

Based on what I've seen so far, it seems like most of these zombies are going to have masks, but what ever happened to "using the same makeup and prosthetics from the show"? I swear I read somewhere that Universal would be doing that.

Why is that? Movie quality makeup is much more realistic than a mask with eyeholes in it.

I was hoping for a mix of both.

Based on what I've seen so far, it seems like most of these zombies are going to have masks, but what ever happened to "using the same makeup and prosthetics from the show"? I swear I read somewhere that Universal would be doing that.

well this pic pretty much proves what I thought when I read that sentence you mention, that doing the make up the same way as in the show would be unrealistic, and probably costly,

I always thought they would just paint the zombies like they did for Zombie Gras, maybe I am the only one, but I prefer masks a lot more, so I am really happy of the way the zombies look in the pic, specially since a mask is easier to put, than a bunch of realistic make up, or just regular HHN make up

you are right about doing the same make up as the show comments, but, that made me think, "really? they are going to do that? right,"

I like them, they look pretty good

Edited by Mr. Black

well this pic pretty much proves what I thought when I read that sentence you mention, that doing the make up the same way as in the show would be unrealistic, and probably costly,

I always thought they would just paint the zombies like they did for Zombie Gras, maybe I am the only one, but I prefer masks a lot more, so I am really happy of the way the zombies look in the pic, specially since a mask is easier to put, than a bunch of realistic make up, or just regular HHN make up

you are right about doing the same make up as the show comments, but, that made me think, "really? they are going to do that? right,"

I like them, they look pretty good

I for one lean toward makeup, but only because it makes such a big difference. I mean look at the difference here:

esq-walking-dead-zombies-112210-lg.jpgtumblr_ma91ezEng81qh5vtfo1_500.jpg

The ones from the show look so much more realistic. Yes I understand the cost, was just showing how much of an impact makeup has compared to masks.

• Like 1

I don't think it's only costs. IT takes a lot of time to do makeup like that. Time I don't think they really have since they have so many people.

That is exactly one of the many reasons masks make much more sense than makeup. Make up also runs and smudges in the humidity and heat. On a television show between shots the make up crew can come out and touch actors up, scareactors doing a 45 minute set at a time in a house = no time for touch ups to be had until they go on break. And then you've got a huge cast where touch ups aren't practical given time constraints and the number of make up artists available.

When it comes to make up versus masks, lets also not forget, the lines in the houses move by at the speed of light...no one gets more than a few seconds of a glimpse at a scareactor before they are moving onward. In that split second when you see the scareactor, I wouldn't think the main thought in your mind would be "Man, they should've used make up".

• Like 1

I don't think it's only costs. IT takes a lot of time to do makeup like that. Time I don't think they really have since they have so many people.

That is exactly one of the many reasons masks make much more sense than makeup. Make up also runs and smudges in the humidity and heat. On a television show between shots the make up crew can come out and touch actors up, scareactors doing a 45 minute set at a time in a house = no time for touch ups to be had until they go on break. And then you've got a huge cast where touch ups aren't practical given time constraints and the number of make up artists available.

When it comes to make up versus masks, lets also not forget, the lines in the houses move by at the speed of light...no one gets more than a few seconds of a glimpse at a scareactor before they are moving onward. In that split second when you see the scareactor, I wouldn't think the main thought in your mind would be "Man, they should've used make up".

yep, I am for one really glad about the masks, I am really happy about it, I thought they would have done make up and that would be fine too, but masks for me are more scary, because they can make them look more ugly and weird and scary,

besides maybe the walkers outside will have make up? I still wonder about that, if the walkers outside have masks that would be great as well, I am happy for this house, I like the masks they have shown

In my opinion Makeup is better for the actor. Id rather have prosthetic's on so I can show expression. One thing that I love is the expression on a scareactors face. Masks are just so bland to me. Its just my opinion.

that is true,

I don't hate all make up though, my favorite scarezone of all time had the best make up I've seen, Esqueleto Muerte, I loved that zone so much, I really really loved watching everything,

so yeah there are times that make up is better, but when it comes to Zombies, I have never liked the bloody mouth and that's it type of make up zombies usually have in general, so a mask in this case I feel is going to be better

I agree with Dr D, the ability to emote is sometimes lost when wearing a mask.

From the pic, it looks like some of the masks are very thin and possibly stuck the actors faces (like the foam mask kits you can buy at the haunt stores) so maybe there will be a possibility of the actors showing some kind of different expression than the one that is frozen onto the mask.

I agree with Mr Black that makeup alone (just paint on someone's face) is usually pretty lame. When I mention make-up, I am talking about paint, and prosthetics, which makes the characters come alive in an entirely believable way as opposed to a latex mask (in my opinion). If it were a choice between actors just having paint on their faces, or having masks, I would choose masks all day. But if time permitted to give every actor a proper makeup job (with prosthetics, etc), that would absolutely destroy the maks we currently have and put this house on an entirely different level (again, in my opinion).

I have a feeling that we won't have too much time to even look at the masks, as we will be getting hurried through the house by either the zombies, staff, or conga line behind us :)

• Like 1

Lol at the Zombieness emote :)

One thing that would be nice, would be to have the zombies actually be able to open their mouths when attempting to bite you. It looks like the masks they have chosen will allow it but it's hard to tell.

The threat of being bitten kinda goes out the window if the mouth doesn't actually open haha. I guess they can still scratch though, sooo...there's that.

• Like 1

Lol at the Zombieness emote :)

One thing that would be nice, would be to have the zombies actually be able to open their mouths when attempting to bite you. It looks like the masks they have chosen will allow it but it's hard to tell.

The threat of being bitten kinda goes out the window if the mouth doesn't actually open haha. I guess they can still scratch though, sooo...there's that.

Here's hoping that the perhaps the masks they are using are the more pliable latex kind that allow for more movement by the person wearing them...then the zombies can act like they are trying to nom on you while emoting their zombiness at the same time. :)

• Like 1

Alright, just spent a good half hour sorting through this topic and moving all the posts related to show discussion to it's page in the entertainment forum. Lets try and keep this thread only for house discussion.

If you care to continue discussing the show then just click here.

I have a feeling this house is going to have the longest lines by a wide margin. Holidays of Horror had some of the longest lines last year and TWD is definitely the biggest draw for the GP.

Does anyone remember if the Disaster houses open before 630 when they let people in at 6? My usual game plan is to hit the parade building first and then the two sprung tents. That usually gets three houses done before the 715 show of B&T. Though I figured to get Walking Dead first so I won't be waiting 2 hours which I assume will be the wait even on a FFP night.

• Like 1