Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

The trailer for the new flick looks a bit more intriguing than the original. After watching the original, I felt like I had wasted two hours of my life. Here's hoping the house proves to be equally as intriguing.

I put this together in about 10 min. Granted it's rough but its better than what we got. Anyway my idea of what they somewhat should be teasing us with for SH.

Note: if the music starts before the images, just reload the page. I didn't bother to put in a page buffer as it was something I did quick.

click

• Like 1

I'm hoping (well, mostly sure) they will use a variety of songs from the game soundtracks. Most of the songs are just creepy sound effects that they could use for certain parts throughout the house.

Pyramid Head, the nurses, The Halo of the Sun, The air horn, The carnival, possibly the hospital, Silent Hill pre and post change, Robbie the Rabbit...

I assume some for of the mannequins as they are seen in the movie.

Otherwise hard to say. would have to see what is in the game I want to see Valteil, Closers, and the split worm would be sick.

Pyramid Head, the nurses, The Halo of the Sun, The air horn, The carnival, possibly the hospital, Silent Hill pre and post change, Robbie the Rabbit...

I assume some for of the mannequins as they are seen in the movie.

Otherwise hard to say. would have to see what is in the game I want to see Valteil, Closers, and the split worm would be sick.

Is it wrong that I find the siren more annoying than scary? And Pyramid Head, the guy has a pyramid...for a head...one good push and he's down for the count.

If they could pull of the pre and post Silent Hill change, that would be impressive...falling ash, another bonus.

And Pyramid Head, the guy has a pyramid...for a head...one good push and he's down for the count.

would this pushing happen before or after he rapes the mannequins?..

i'd be careful about knocking him off balance because he could fall on you resulting in the pyramid's "point" to puncture your face/body... -insert SQUISHY-blood puncturing sound-

• Like 1

Well he swings a sword that is about 9' long and well over 100 lbs which he drags behind him that can cut through 6 in steel like butter (or bifurcate a person in one swing) .

He is seven foot tall and can pick a person up by their neck and can skin said person with on hand.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gC8i6kUI-R0... but be warned it's graphic.)

I'd say he is formidable... slow maybe but definitely solid and deadly.

And the horn has always implied doom (hence it's use aside for a way to transition the worlds). The WWII one they used was to warn of impending air raids... which always meant death. A slightly different Chrysler victory horn was to be used to warn of impending nuclear attack during the cold War.

An investigation was performed in Zagreb and its surroundings in 1991 and 1992 during the war against Croatia. The study included 50 civilians who, at the moment of the sounding of the air-raid siren, had a continuous electrocardiogram recorded as part of the routine cardiologic examination. What was found was that civilians always reacted with increased pulse frequency at the moment of the sounding of the air-raid siren.

Anyone who has played the new game downpour will notice the horn is missing... I for one felt the fire alarm that replaced it just didn't make me dread what was coming as much.

• Like 1

Is it wrong that I find the siren more annoying than scary? And Pyramid Head, the guy has a pyramid...for a head...one good push and he's down for the count.

If they could pull of the pre and post Silent Hill change, that would be impressive...falling ash, another bonus.

the Horn has to be there, I will boycott HHN if it isn't :lol:

Pyramid head is not even Human, he is the demon.

I expect the hear the siren, but I hope is only at the beginning and not the whole house,

the Horn has to be there, I will boycott HHN if it isn't :lol:

Pyramid head is not even Human, he is the demon.

I expect the hear the siren, but I hope is only at the beginning and not the whole house,

Well, technically Red Pyramid aka "Pyramid Head" is not really a demon per sé.

He is usually portrayed as, at his most basic, a violent monster. A deeper meaning given to him, however, explains his existence as that of punisher or executioner. He's typically attracted to those who feel an extreme amount of guilt or have an overwhelming desire for punishment. His acts of violence are not aimed solely at humans, as he has also brought harm to the other creatures that inhabit Silent Hill.

I think they could use a small scale version of the 3-D building crumble from Acid Assault last year, to mimic the transfer from the real world to the other world. Like in 1:20 of the new movie trailer.

Maybe have a real world larger scale room, then a quick black out, then project the otherworld tearing image. It would be a lot of work to get it to work every night the same way. I think it could be very effective though.

I would also like if they used a loud sword scraping sound for a pop-up queue for pyramid head. These are just things i'd like to see, but i'll be happy with whatever they do!

Honestly, if they do attempt a "World transition" effect with the house, it would be easiest using scrim. Have Otherworld built behind scrim painted like a wall. Siren goes off, light behind the scrim turns on, viola! Instant Otherworld.

"3D projection" within the house would be too difficult because the guests themselves would be interfering with the light throw. Scrim is the only, truly practical, way to do it.

(And if you don't know what I'm talking about with "scrim," the hanging bodies effect in the first room of Into the Machine was a scrim effect.

Right I was just going to say scrim. The wall in LT was scrim as well.

I've seen those projections they have been touting at various Haunt Cons. I think they would be great for small effects like the bugs. In fact when I first saw them I immediately thought of Silent Hill