HHN 22 Discussion

Yeah. My plan for the night was to take pictures in zones all night. Sat around in the rain until it slowed down around 8. Rode rides and did a couple houses until 10. Gave up and went home.

yeah I remember you said that about the pics, this year is starting to suck so much rain wise,

what houses did you do?

Edited by Mr. Black

WOW! Cool pic!

Is there going to be a separate thread for the pictures everyone has been taking at the event? I got some really good ones I'd like to post, but I don't want to be a pain in the ass to the Moderators by putting them here only to have them moved.

WOW! Cool pic!

Is there going to be a separate thread for the pictures everyone has been taking at the event? I got some really good ones I'd like to post, but I don't want to be a pain in the ass to the Moderators by putting them here only to have them moved.

already made.

please post your pics :)

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

I know there is probably a separate thread for this, but I didn't see anyone post for awhile. Anyone go see 20 Penny Circus? Worth it? I am FINALLY heading to Orlando next weekend! Its not always fun living in NY. Thanks!

if you have time then yeah,

specially if you already did the houses and if the lines are too long going here is a good time killer. it is only like 30 minutes long so it is not too long. the times for the shows are in the map you get at the entrance so it depends, I liked it more than Bill and Ted, but the magic tricks are kinda the same old stuff, the guys are pretty funny,

• Like 1

What's goin on with the rain? Last year I got rained out on both my trips to the park. Never had that in 7 years. Rained the whole week I was down there. Now I'm scared everyone's talked about the bad rain already

yeah I don't know, the worst thing is that is raining exactly between 6 and 10, around 10 it kinda just stops raining, that has happened to me times already, I leave around 9:45 and the rain stops,

this really sucks,

Holy hell it was packed on Sunday night. A horde of lil shits running around acting like fools, but our group still had a blast (thank heavens for Express).

Got to hang out and chat with Dr Jimmy and Wesker in Finnegan's for a bit too. It was great running into you guys!

• Like 1

Holy hell it was packed on Sunday night. A horde of lil shits running around acting like fools, but our group still had a blast (thank heavens for Express).

Got to hang out and chat with Dr Jimmy and Wesker in Finnegan's for a bit too. It was great running into you guys!

yes, it was really crowded, I could not do any houses at all, I did Rip Ride twice and then just watched the streets, way too much people,

• Like 1

I don't plan on writing an overall review, but I'm two days post HHN visit and I wanted to share some thoughts.

Houses this year were solid. I will say that, at least for me, not many of them were consistently scary- Silent Hill, Gothic, and Alice Cooper were the only ones. But this is the first year where I didn't have one scareless walkthrough in a house, no matter how bad my timing was. They always got me at least once.

I don't get all the hate for the new street experience. This was only my third year attending, but I had more fun in the streets than ever before. The extra freedom the scareactors have been given makes it a blast to be out there. I saw Traditionals going into gift shops, Beasts following people into line queues, Warriors tapping on restaurant windows, Prisoners scaring people coming out of the bathrooms... the list goes on. I tore one of my legs up pretty badly overdoing it on Thursday night, so I spent a lot of time sitting on the benches and watching the hordes work. I lost count of how many times scareactors would come over and sit right next to me (I LOVED that!) or try to scare me on the bench. It was nice, and every horde was a joy to watch. Legions, all of you were fantastic. You're doing great out there- keep tearin' it up. :)

Horror Unearthed was still in the Beta stage over the weekend, but despite the wonky scanners, it was a lot of fun to play. I hope they continue with games like this in the future.

I actually didn't miss having an icon as much as I thought I would, but I do want to see them bring one out for next year. I can't help it, I love 'em.

• Like 2

What was with all the little kids running around?

i went on friday, which was pretty packed. there were several little ones running around and everything. some parents had freaking babys with them!

but i did get though a lot of the houses thanks to team leader andy, who guided us through P&T, Alice and house of horrors all in a row. he also went in the houses with us.

I don't plan on writing an overall review, but I'm two days post HHN visit and I wanted to share some thoughts.

Houses this year were solid. I will say that, at least for me, not many of them were consistently scary- Silent Hill, Gothic, and Alice Cooper were the only ones. But this is the first year where I didn't have one scareless walkthrough in a house, no matter how bad my timing was. They always got me at least once.

I don't get all the hate for the new street experience. This was only my third year attending, but I had more fun in the streets than ever before. The extra freedom the scareactors have been given makes it a blast to be out there. I saw Traditionals going into gift shops, Beasts following people into line queues, Warriors tapping on restaurant windows, Prisoners scaring people coming out of the bathrooms... the list goes on. I tore one of my legs up pretty badly overdoing it on Thursday night, so I spent a lot of time sitting on the benches and watching the hordes work. I lost count of how many times scareactors would come over and sit right next to me (I LOVED that!) or try to scare me on the bench. It was nice, and every horde was a joy to watch. Legions, all of you were fantastic. You're doing great out there- keep tearin' it up. :)

Horror Unearthed was still in the Beta stage over the weekend, but despite the wonky scanners, it was a lot of fun to play. I hope they continue with games like this in the future.

I actually didn't miss having an icon as much as I thought I would, but I do want to see them bring one out for next year. I can't help it, I love 'em.

I agree the streets this year are better than last year, and the actors are really bringing their all to their characters,

sometimes it does feel disorganized and a mess but that's because of how big the crowd gets, but I think this year the streets are much much better than some of the houses, not because of the actors but because the houses feel too open and empty at times,

I love the streets, I do prefer set scarezones but this year like you said I've seen actors scare people everywhere, they are doing such a great job,

Speaking of streets, I forgot to put this in my previous post, but I wanted to mention it: if you can, hang out in one of the streets between horde rotations because it's an amazing sight when it changes over to a new horde. I saw this with the Vampires during their last set on Saturday, in Hollywood. Everything was blue, quiet, and spooky. Then...

BOOM

Red light bathed the area.

Snarls and screams split the fog.

And the Vampires materialized from out of nowhere. They literally just appeared in every direction. I never saw the horde approach.

You just had to be there. My jaw was hanging open.

• Like 1

Oh the conversations that happen in the middle of finnegans :ninja:

but ugh... yes. Sunday was awful due to some schools apparently having off on monday. Then of course there was the general "oh look, an IP, lets go to HHN" crowd. Despite the crowds, it was definitely a fun night.

Is it thursday yet?

• Like 1

but ugh... yes. Sunday was awful due to some schools apparently having off on monday. Then of course there was the general "oh look, an IP, lets go to HHN" crowd. Despite the crowds, it was definitely a fun night.

Is it thursday yet?

Definitely a fun night hanging with you and Dr. Jimmy on Sunday! Certainly made up for what could have been an awful night with all of those stupid crowds...can't wait for Thursday to roll around, hopefully I'll be able to go pending work doesn't interfere. I'll just find you in Finn's Chris :P