HHN 22 Discussion

If anyone has identified or want to help identify music used at HHN, is the thread for the event music used at the event. Plus there's an accolade if you help identify music! :)

Last night on my break went over to Hollywood Blvd, that whole strip of street was FILLED to the brim with scareactors. Prisoners and Traditionals seemed to be intermingled throughtout the whole street, Beasts also walked through while the Prisoners and Traditionals were still there. There was more scareactors than people over there, it was awesome to watch! Plus they actually attempted to scare me which was much appreciated :)

Has anyone else seen this? I was under the impression that all the legions were pretty much seperated into zones throughtout the night so it was a nice surprise to see so many of them together in the same place.

• Like 2

Last night on my break went over to Hollywood Blvd, that whole strip of street was FILLED to the brim with scareactors. Prisoners and Traditionals seemed to be intermingled throughtout the whole street, Beasts also walked through while the Prisoners and Traditionals were still there. There was more scareactors than people over there, it was awesome to watch! Plus they actually attempted to scare me which was much appreciated :)

Has anyone else seen this? I was under the impression that all the legions were pretty much seperated into zones throughtout the night so it was a nice surprise to see so many of them together in the same place.

but doesn't that make the rest of the park really empty? it sounds really cool to watch, but if they were all there then the other side of the park was empty?

• Like 1

but doesn't that make the rest of the park really empty? it sounds really cool to watch, but if they were all there then the other side of the park was empty?

Yeah it does, and this year I haven't really paid any mind to the dead spots, because usually when I do end up running into actors it makes the empty walk worthwhile. No complaints about the streets so far for me.

they are all moving. all the streets are never on "one side of the park". They are everywhere. Just pick a zone and sit there for 5 minutes. Bet you money you will see a legion within that time frame.

If you see zones intermingling, either you saw the mini-horde (in which case it's only 2 from each horde moving throughout the park) or they're moving to and from their set locations at the beginning or end of their set. All of the hordes are positioned so that they'll never be on "one side of the park" and a zone should never be empty for more than a few minutes at a time. We have schedules for all of the hordes in our break spaces so we can see where anyone will be at any given time, and the actors do have some limited input regarding the schedule if they think there's an issue (during one night the Warriors were moved from Central Park to Hollywood partway through their set to join the Beasts because they were doing poorly there, and the Beasts were looking at the schedule for peak nights to see about using Central Park instead of Kidzone at certain points).

• Like 1

I have to say excellently done this year, I really could recommend every house a million times over as each had their merrits and the actors where phenomenal! I went with some casual fans and we all thurroughly enjoyed it, I understand the actors are not allowed to break character but I think directions shouldn't have been out of the question... My friend was attempting to find the prisoners and began asking the people and then some of the actors and they just walked away, I think an ominous pointing could have sufficed....

Cast A Beasts are having some good teamwork; myself and two others on our final set worked to herd a group of screaming teenage girls into Sting Alley for them to be ambushed.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out quite as intended: I scared them so badly that two of them bolted the wrong way, and the one who entered the alley went at full sprint right out the other end and practically into the lagoon.

• Like 2

The three nights we went (Sept 27, 28 & 29) all had very fun interactions with various members of the "hordes". The first night, we were taking a break on a bench outside Disaster, watching people exit The Walking Dead into the Zombie hordes and laughing our asses off. We were also trying to catch some of the lagoon show. We were thoroughly entertained, and we were so into laughing at everyone else being scared, we let our guard down.. and that's when one of the bigger Zombies snuck up behind my back, leaned right into my ear and growled. I literally popped off the bench about a foot and my legs straightened out in front of me like I was having a seizure or something. It felt like my hair stood on end, too. So, well played, Zombie.. well played.

The second night, the Vampires seemed to take a liking to us.. which did NOT piss me off since I have a "thing" for vampires. LOL We have LOTS of pics of various vampires up close and personal.

The third night (we did UMTH and RIP Tour that day/night), I wore my HNN shirt.. and I had several different characters from several different hordes point directly at me (also in the houses!). I thought that was pretty damn cool. And let me just say, my favorite characters have to be the Iniquitus. They are just AMAZING.. beautiful in that scary, elegant way. I could sit and watch them all night - especially the ones on the stilts.. They are just graceful and terrifying and everything Halloween should be. Props to Universal and to the awesome actors lucky enough to do that gig.

• Like 1

that stupid rain. yet another day with no zones.

I don't know how to feel about it because there are no lines so I did every house, (except Silent hill that was 30 minutes when the park opened for some reason)

so, rain means no lines, but it means having your feet and pants soaked for the night,

• Like 1