HHN 22 Discussion

Does anyone have any other photos of the A&D people? I'd love to know if I see any of them.. but I don't know all their names or what they look like. I'd DEFINITELY buy drinks for them if I knew who I was looking for

TJ Mannarino on the right.

564191_10151420314927586_1049983769_n_zpsf2616b26.jpg

I have to say that after reading the reviews from opening weekend, I have much brighter outlook than I did after leaving employee preview. We are going to head out next Thursday (Oct 4th) in hopes of the lines being short and the crowds being sparse since it's a weekday. The one house I will get through that night is TWD...if it kills me.

• Like 3

Someone sent me this awesome video of the hordes in the Men In Black Store. Starts at 24:15!

There is no escape! Here's your spoiler warning! The video is full of them! There is also a slideshow of some pictures the guy took in the Unmasking Tour as well.

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Someone sent me this awesome video of the hordes in the Men In Black Store. Starts at 24:15!

There is no escape! Here's your spoiler warning! The video is full of them! There is also a slideshow of some pictures the guy took in the Unmasking Tour as well.

Quick question. I haven't watched the video since I haven't gone yet, but I'm doing the UMTH tour and wondering if you had to "sneak" recording since video isn't allowed? I'm doing the tour with 6 other people and might try to have a couple of us doing video and the rest doing stills if that's allowed. Thanks!

Quick question. I haven't watched the video since I haven't gone yet, but I'm doing the UMTH tour and wondering if you had to "sneak" recording since video isn't allowed? I'm doing the tour with 6 other people and might try to have a couple of us doing video and the rest doing stills if that's allowed. Thanks!

That's not my video. I didn't watch it either because I don't want things to be spoiled, but the person that sent it to me said it was just a slideshow of pictures he took. The UTH houses are Gothic, Dead End, and Penn and Teller, by the way.

• Like 1

That's not my video. I didn't watch it either because I don't want things to be spoiled, but the person that sent it to me said it was just a slideshow of pictures he took. The UTH houses are Gothic, Dead End, and Penn and Teller, by the way.

OK, thanks...I've been downloading a bunch of these videos, without watching them, to "relive" the trip on our flight home :) Sounds like the no-video is enforced if they made a vid from stills they took. Good to know.

• Like 1

I never trust the weather reporters. Ever.

But good luck to anyone attending tonight! Stay dry!

Especially Orlando weather forecasters...they are more often wrong than right.

And don't forget, it's Florida, you don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes and it'll change... :)

Especially Orlando weather forecasters...they are more often wrong than right.

And don't forget, it's Florida, you don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes and it'll change... :)

Of course the only rule that typically applies to Florida weather didn't happen on opening night, :(

Of course the only rule that typically applies to Florida weather didn't happen on opening night, :(

That's the one night this year that the forecast was actually spot on...and I think historically it rains every opening weekend at some point...but not the terrential rain that everyone had to deal with on opening night.

Weather should be fairly beautiful today. 30% isn't widespread and if it does rain, it should just be a splash and dash shower. Typical Florida weather day actually. Looks like it will stay that way Friday and Saturday as well. For those that don't know, a little weather fact is the percentage actually refers to the coverage of the area for the rain, not the actually probability of rain. :P

Edited by StewieGriffin

I'm heading out to HHN tonight and saturday night. Regardless of the weather tonight ain't going to slow me down one bit. I'm wearing my haunt's T that I work at. Even though I'm on a mission tonight to get as much done as possible if anyone see's me say hello! I'm so pumped

320786_10150286601766736_1776683552_n.jpg

I really really wish People Stopped asking Actors to pose for pics with them, or I wish they didn't take as long to take them,

I kinda wish the actors didn't pose for pics maybe,

This is so messed up, the reason I am saying this is because this year the costumes in the streets are pretty amazing, and I see the actors are letting people take pics, which is really really Wonderful! :)

but then... you have people that take like 5 minutes to take 2 pics... or families that want a pic of each person with an actor.... that is the whole reason we got our picture taking privileges taken away last year.... :angry:

I don't pose for very many pictures, but I do understand that it makes someone's night a little bit better if I let them get a memory or two in. Also, I can play off the photograph: as soon as the flash goes off, I charge the photographer and give them a scare.

Also, we're told to remain 100% in character at all times and leave if the person takes too long. It's cool for a monster to be rude to people, and it's their fault if they don't even have their phone on when they want a pic.

Edited by Cody

I take my pictures on the sidelines as they're working. Occasionally when they're walking around I'll kind of gesture at my camera and they'll strike a pose and I'll take a shot, nod thank you, and walk away. Takes like 5 seconds maximum. But yeah, people posing WITH scareactors, I would be fine if they got rid of it completely.

I don't pose for very many pictures, but I do understand that it makes someone's night a little bit better if I let them get a memory or two in. Also, I can play off the photograph: as soon as the flash goes off, I charge the photographer and give them a scare.

Also, we're told to remain 100% in character at all times and leave if the person takes too long. It's cool for a monster to be rude to people, and it's their fault if they don't even have their phone on when they want a pic.

I am still pretty butthurt about last year, I won't deny it, last year really freaking pissed me off,

I completely understand being in character and Not posting for pics, because I could see how that is annoying,

last night there were a couple of families trying to take pics with the vampires and took time,

that's the whole reason people complained so much in 2010, that the actors were not scaring and that the streets were not scary,,

I just really hope they don't complain this year, because not being able to take pics of the actors really sucks,

like it sucked last year

It's mostly on the actors to avoid losing those privileges. Stay in character and leave if they take too long, and always try and get a scare out of the picture. It still gets a pic of you out there for good coverage of your role, and it satisfies what people want from the event.

• Like 1

Last year I switched to just asking for my photo with folks I knew or had developed interaction with over the event. I think that's the way I'm going again this year - it gives me a really fond keepsake, but doesn't interrupt every actor every night. I think there is a balance - tough to always determine what that is, though.

• Like 1

So the construction walls are down along the waterfront in the former Amity section now. "Shortcut" by the bathrooms re-opened. Also, anybody catch Patrick Braillard last night? He was hanging in front of The Walking Dead exit being interviewed by Local 6's Gaard Swanson. Was able to get a picture. Really nice guy. He encouraged me to drink, which is awesome, lol.

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 1