HHN 22 Speculation

WESKER69: Im very open to new things and I know that A&D wouldnt make a house if it wasnt going to be up to there standards. What I say is completely my own opinion people dont have to agree with it if they dont want. All im saying is that I dont think a P&T house is something that fits anywhere into HHN? They are stage magicians (that include elements of gore in their act) But thats really as far as it goes. Thats why they would be the perfect show because they are doing what they do best in a enviroment that they are very familiar with.

This is probably the most narrow minded post on this site.

Thats a bit of a harsh statement Im only sharing my opinion on the matter. Its not narrow minded because its just my opinion if you think it will be good then thats fine with me. I hope that if this is a house then I will be plesantly surprised.

Although I am very curious to see how P&T will be translated into a house, I firmly believe that it can be not only awesome and fun, but scary. Saying that it's a step to far or just not possible is ridiculous, and it makes me question if you've been to HHN before.. lol

• Like 3

I'm not upset because I think Penn and Teller isn't scary, I'm upset because I feel like they've kind of given up on originality and they're giving into advertising. But, to each his own I suppose.

Sorry I'm a little behind, but are we expecting an Icon, or are we expecting someone with a lack of a personal storyline?

Thats a bit of a harsh statement Im only sharing my opinion on the matter. Its not narrow minded because its just my opinion if you think it will be good then thats fine with me. I hope that if this is a house then I will be plesantly surprised.

I don't think your narrow minded at all, your just stating what is your opinion...and isn't that what these discoussions are all about?

That being said, a P&T house...eh, not sure how I feel about it. Their act does have a very dark side to it, which leads me to believe that they could turn that dark side into a creative force and help create a house based on their own original concepts. As with many of the houses in the past, can't say either way what it will be like till I've been through it.

• Like 1

I'm not upset because I think Penn and Teller isn't scary, I'm upset because I feel like they've kind of given up on originality and they're giving into advertising. But, to each his own I suppose.

Yes! Orginal ideas (for me) are the best house. Dont know why but they just add that element of stepping into the unknown! Dont shoot me down again please just opinions haha

• Like 1

Yes! Orginal ideas (for me) are the best house. Dont know why but they just add that element of stepping into the unknown! Dont shoot me down again please just opinions haha

Just reread what I said, I was kind of harsh. But yes you are entitled to your own opinion. All im trying to say is people need to give P&T a chance before jumping on the hate wagon.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 1

Just reread what I said, I was kind of harsh. But yet you are entitled to your own opinion. All im trying to say is people need to give P&T a chance before jumping on the hate wagon.

As I said man only my opinions haha and yes I really hope that im wrong and it might even turn out to be like the AC house (The house of the event) but only time will tell!

No, its not a "thats true for the past" type of thing. The orlando event still has their own creative & design team... Just because something is shared doesn't mean it will be the exact same experience, set up, layout etc. This whole IP sharing thing isn't new for the event, they did it in 2007 & 2009. It is cheaper for them to use the IPs at both events rather than make it exclusive to just one. Other than it being the same house theme, the two events are completely different...

(except for the recently censored Silent Hill cleavage that Hollywood has been slapped with... yay PG-rated nurses)

Right, except we also haven't seen the level of cross-involvement that we seem to be experiencing this year, nor have we seen (and please correct me if I'm wrong) both parks full under the creative involvement of a larger management team to the extent they are this year. From a business perspective, it makes complete sense to share blueprints between parks if the dimensions are going to be the same, as it means you're not paying employees twice for a house based on the same IP.

Again, I'm not saying that this is what is or will happen. I'm merely saying that there's a lot of unprecedented activities going on this year, and a lot more IP sharing than we've seen before. The very fact that Alice Cooper is in Orlando this year speaks to that. So I'm speculating that we could see the rise of shared houses, not just IP's. I think the one thing this year has shown us so far in spades is that we can't assume or expect anything.

With the Alice Cooper house pretty much confirmed this leaves us with 4 houses remaining. So the question is will we see more shared houses or will there be 4 original concept houses?

a

as of now, P&T and 3 original(Victorian Mansion, Gargoyles and DE style with the Classic Monsters, which technically could be considered original and IP.)

a

as of now, P&T and 3 original(Victorian Mansion, Gargoyles and DE style with the Classic Monsters, which technically could be considered original and IP.)

The Victorian house MAY be considered heavily inspired by an IP. The rooms of Vortex and "Wrong Side of the Bed," when combined with the "Haunted Mansion" description brings to mind a very specific movie that is heavily rumored for Hollywood.

The Victorian house MAY be considered heavily inspired by an IP. The rooms of Vortex and "Wrong Side of the Bed," when combined with the "Haunted Mansion" description brings to mind a very specific movie that is heavily rumored for Hollywood.

Hell, it could literally be Poltergeist for all we know. I thought those were the codes for AWIL? Or was that false?

Right, except we also haven't seen the level of cross-involvement that we seem to be experiencing this year, nor have we seen (and please correct me if I'm wrong) both parks full under the creative involvement of a larger management team to the extent they are this year. From a business perspective, it makes complete sense to share blueprints between parks if the dimensions are going to be the same, as it means you're not paying employees twice for a house based on the same IP.

Blueprints must be drafted by an architect or engineer. Uni may have one, but they also may not. Building codes can vary from state to state, from county to county, even from city to city. This could make it difficult to use one blueprint for both coasts.

Building specs (specifications for the building or area housing the maze) would also have to be accounted for.

Not saying its impossible to share the blueprints, but it would be difficult.

Layout could be the same or similar, but most likely each coast would need their own blueprints.

• Like 1

original ideas have not always been good houses, I really don't get why everyone thinks this to be true, Bloody Mary sucked really bad, there have been some original idea houses that were not great, just like some IP houses have been amazing, and some houses that people think are original (Like Forsaken) are inspired by IP it really depends,

Edited by black mask

original ideas have not always been good houses, I really don't get why everyone thinks this to be true, Bloody Mary sucked really bad, there have been some original idea houses that were not great, just like some IP houses have been amazing, and some houses that people think are original (Like Forsaken) are inspired by IP it really depends,

Oh yeah I know what you mean but although they have been inspired by something doesnt mean that they are a version of it. Like The Forsaken had its own backstory, new characters etc that no one has ever seen before. So although it was inspired from something it is still a orginal concept. And yes I completely agree not all of the original concept houses are good but the majority of them are usually pretty good. As I said earlier I think that its the fear of stepping into the unknown, you dont know whats going to be in the house. Whereas a house like SAW (while it was still good) you knew what was happening and you were familiar with your surroundings. However im not slating IP houses at all I thought The Thing last year was really good.

but although they have been inspired by something doesnt mean that they are a version of it.

2005's Demon Cantina.... direct rip-off of From Dusk Til Dawn... so much so the facade resembled the bar exterior & to make it even better, they were actually showing footage from the movie while you waited in the queue. All the house was missing was topless vampires. However it was still a decent house.

as for something spec related... regarding the scene names, "Vortex room" is code for "spinning tunnel".

Not even sure what type of scene "Wrong Side of the Bed" could be code for. Although one thought comes to mind being similar to Glen's (Johnny Depp) bedroom in 2007's NOES house where it was sideways & you passed through the bed itself