HHN 22 Speculation

Sorry if this is already being (been) discussed on the Hollywood thread (I rarely venture to that section of the forum)

The Hollywood hints from the Twitter feed seem like they are pointing at Dante's Inferno (or maybe Alice Cooper's take on Dante's Inferno).

I believe one of the very first tweets of the "road trip" included a picture of the book, and the last cryptic hints from yesterday could easily correlate with the 9 circles of hell.

Coincidentally, HHN fans around the globe feel like they are already in one of the 9 circles of hell waiting for this damn update haha. Talk about immersion!

I have now received new information that indicates the above is not entirely correct. I was asked not to reveal the correct information, but I see now that Jeramy has made the corrections on the first page of this thread. The houses are correct, it was the exact sound stage locations that were a bit off.

Okay one thing that bugs me about the musical house location game... SS20b (American Werewolf in London) had 2 scenes revealed "vortex" & "Wrong Side of the Bed", which actually fit into that house... but now we have the 19th Century Victorian Haunted Mansion in this location instead of SS20a. So if this if the house locations were not entirely correct, I'm having a hard time envisioning the 19th century house having a "spinning tunnel".

The whole SS house locations have become a little confusing now. Although Silent Hill being in SS22 does make sense. Its just the SS20 that seems to be thrown out of whack. Especially since a "bat belfry" can tie into both "gargoyles" & "victorian haunted mansion".

Okay one thing that bugs me about the musical house location game... SS20b (American Werewolf in London) had 2 scenes revealed "vortex" & "Wrong Side of the Bed", which actually fit into that house... but now we have the 19th Century Victorian Haunted Mansion in this location instead of SS20a. So if this if the house locations were not entirely correct, I'm having a hard time envisioning the 19th century house having a "spinning tunnel".

I can...

"They're here..."

I can...

"They're here..."

I know, that was exactly what movie I was thinking of, but didn't want to say it... since its supposed to be "original" and I didn't want to jump start the whole "LT" house comparison.

although Poltergeist is one of the recurring rumors on the Hollywood side of the event.... and that one scene would match with "Wrong Side of the Bed" :ninja:

• Like 1

Well this might have been said, but someone through at me today, "hey since its 100 years of universal, why aren't they doing 100 years of monsters?" Universal Museum/house of Horror anyone?

That idea is kinda Dead... but I expose... sure... it could show up.

• Like 5

so legacy and dr. jimmy (or any one else in the know like they are)....are you guys hearing that there are some more big obstacles coming about or is this a legal issue that stopped the announcement? since it seemed to be it was either an alice cooper or penn&teller announcement

P&T has not been nuked from the roster. It is 100% they will be there and it's not a show as Legacy said.

But I will assume they will bring some of their Glitter Gulch ways with them. They are a magic show after all... but I'm hoping to see other dimensions of what they can do rather than the typical stuff they are known for.

• Like 2

But I will assume they will bring some of their Glitter Gulch ways with them. They are a magic show after all... but I'm hoping to see other dimensions of what they can do rather than the typical stuff they are known for.

Heh... I see what you did there.

A lot of talk about an Alice Cooper House. I can't imagine what that would be like. It doesn't immediately conjure up any scares for me. Has anyone gone through the Alice Cooper houses in Hollywood in the past ? What do you think ? Are they worthy of HHN orlando ? Any real scares ?

There has only been ONE Alice Cooper house in Hollywood & it was last year. It was also the #1 rated house at their event. Real scares? opposed to fake ones?

And what exactly defines "worthy" for HHN Orlando? I didn't realize the Orlando event was on such a high pedestal...

P&T has not been nuked from the roster. It is 100% they will be there and it's not a show as Legacy said.

Heh... I see what you did there.

In an attempt to figure this out: Legacy's "heh" is either about the Glitter Gulch reference or the "see other dimensions" phrasing.

It could be something else but that's what I'm seeing. And I'm going with other dimensions... but of what or how is what I'm wondering. Eager to see

Is A&D really doing all this house switching at the last minute? With all the sets built, effects... etc Or is it just, "My souces told me....balahablah."

A lot of talk about an Alice Cooper House. I can't imagine what that would be like. It doesn't immediately conjure up any scares for me. Has anyone gone through the Alice Cooper houses in Hollywood in the past ? What do you think ? Are they worthy of HHN orlando ? Any real scares ?

Whoa whoa careful there. They don't take kindly to opinions around these parts.

I agree with you. But I can see an Alice Cooper house over frickin Penn & Teller.

There is no house switching at the last minute... except for the 7th house. Unless you expect to see a house on the dirt pile with the giant crane that was once SS44...

The only house that was "switched at the last minute" was the one now inside the Parade Building.

• Like 1

I might of missed something in these forums and sorry to say but where is the evidence to suggest P&T are going to be there 100%? Im not sure if I like the idea of this (if it is in fact true) I can't see it being that good at all. Alice cooper I can understand but P&T is a bit of a weird one for me.

• Like 1

I might of missed something in these forums and sorry to say but where is the evidence to suggest P&T are going to be there 100%? Im not sure if I like the idea of this (if it is in fact true) I can't see it being that good at all. Alice cooper I can understand but P&T is a bit of a weird one for me.

It's all good if you missed it. We crossed that bridge a few pages back. Everyone yelled at me. I think it's a stupid idea as well. The only way I can see it working is, Penn & Teller presents so-in-so in 3D and they don't appear anywhere in the house. I just can't wait till guests enter the park and look at their maps to see the house line-up and say, "Penn & Teller? What the hell!?"

I might be completely wrong but I dont think it will all that good, obviously it hasnt been made and no one has experienced it but I just cant see how P&T can be scary?! Its off the cards but a show is much more appropiate, a house is a step a bit too far.

• Like 1

I might be completely wrong but I dont think it will all that good, obviously it hasnt been made and no one has experienced it but I just cant see how P&T can be scary?! Its off the cards but a show is much more appropiate, a house is a step a bit too far.

I lurk but I really have to chime in on all this "It won't be good because P&T aren't scary" stuff.A while back it was said P&T were working on a design for something at Universal which is assumably for HHN.

Fangoria sponsored two houses for HHN in previous years,so why can't it just be Penn & Teller present _____ just as the Fangoria houses were done.Personally I believe it will be that way,a house designed by the two but they will not be in the house in any way,just a possible rumored 3D concept of dark magic put into a house coming from P&T minds.

If this house is infact 3D and done correctly,this house could be a HUGE success.

Edited by Mike

This house could go several ways It could be our dark comedy house of the year or it could be a dark story from the minds of Penn & Teller. Teller does indeed know horror as he has written a Tales from the Crypt script and several dark\horror related things.

Why does something automatically have to be scary in order for it to be a house at HHN? That is very 1-dimensional thinking. Why is a show more appropriate than a house? How is it "bit too far"?

This whole theory & notion of "ohhh that won't be scary. how can that be scary? thats not horror, thats stupid" way of thinking really needs to stop. Do you realize how many people said "a greek mythology house isn't horror" or "fairy tales aren't horror, wizard of oz isn't horror, cruise ships aren't horror" etc etc....

Here's a little inside tip for you... Not everything is required to be scary. And not everything will be scary to everyone that attends the event. While one house or scarezone may scare the living shit out of one person, the next person might find it boring. Its the same for a horror movie, some will think its scary others won't.

But to say something won't be good just because you personally don't think it should be a house, doesn't mean that its true. Especially when you haven't experienced it to begin with nor do you know how exactly it will be executed. Some of the most "oh my god, that house is going to be awesome" houses end up being the worst ones. Do you realize how many people pissed & moaned about an Alice Cooper house in Hollywood & said that it would "suck" & that it was "stupid" for it to be a house... then what happened? The Alice Cooper house was the #1 rated house at HHN Hollywood last year.

The point is... stop being afraid of something "new". Expand your horizons and open your mind to a new experience because if you continue to define HHN a certain way, you're going to be continually disappointed.

• Like 5

Fangoria sponsored two houses for HHN in previous years,so why can't it just be Penn & Teller present _____ just as the Fangoria houses were done.

Fangoria is a horror related magazine.. P&T are magicians, and yes some of there tricks are pretty sick minded but can those concepts really be transfered into house material? I would personally say no. Do you not think that a house based on them or lets say there 'minds' is just not scary at all? Yes it might have guts, blood etc but thats really as far as it can go. Thats why a show would be much more suited to the event. Im not discrediting P&T at all, I love watching them but in this particular event I dont think its a right environment for them, after all they are just stage magicians so they should stick to what they do best.

This house could go several ways It could be our dark comedy house of the year or it could be a dark story from the minds of Penn & Teller. Teller does indeed know horror as he has written a Tales from the Crypt script and several dark\horror related things.

That is very true this could be a dark comedy house! I still think though even a house based on them or inspired by them is a very strange choice.

Edited by danrichard95

This is probably the most narrow minded post on this site.

• Like 1