HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I'll just stick with original houses. Im tired of movie houses, it makes me feel like I already know whats coming. I feel as if HHN has better potential with original houses over movie houses. That's just my opinion.

I agree. Houses that are based off of movies are good and all but, Original concepts I think work better for HHN...

Personally I feel that if USF go with the duality theme it shouldn't be twins or 2 people. But it should be someone who has be possessed with dual spirits or even have dual personalities (one evil but doesn't act on it, and the other just plan out insane).

But the end of the world theme has to be great. No "black light/lit" zombies. Anything could be awesome if it's done right. And the icon hmm....how about a modern day shaman of Mayan decsent.

What do you think are the possibilities that they could do a scarezone under the large covered walkway through the soundstages? You have the dark atmosphere and they could easily store the props and sets in the empty soundstages and move them into place so the pathway isn't blocked for TNA ( if they need to do it at all). Someone came up with a dueling twins concept where one would take over USF and the other would take over IOA, and this could easily be a great battle/ dual zone. Also makes the walk less boring.

Personally I feel that if USF go with the duality theme it shouldn't be twins or 2 people. But it should be someone who has be possessed with dual spirits or even have dual personalities (one evil but doesn't act on it, and the other just plan out insane).

But the end of the world theme has to be great. No "black light/lit" zombies. Anything could be awesome if it's done right. And the icon hmm....how about a modern day shaman of Mayan decsent.

Like a demented Two Face.

If you think about it, Lady Luck was basically a two-faced character, seducer and evil creature. I like your thinking though, like a literal two-faced person.

Edited by Pastor of Muppets

If you think about it, Lady Luck was basically a two-faced character, seducer and evil creature. I like your thinking though, like a literal two-faced person.

Like Batmans Two Face but a thousand times cooler.

I think anything involving Jack the Clown would be too soon. In my opinion I think the concept of two Icons, (Twins) each taking over their own park. I just really want to see WWoHP incorporated in HHN. The atmosphere would be amazing.

I think anything involving Jack the Clown would be too soon. In my opinion I think the concept of two Icons, (Twins) each taking over their own park. I just really want to see WWoHP incorporated in HHN. The atmosphere would be amazing.

i can't remember where, but i remember reading something that said Rowling doesnt want HHN in WWoHP. it saddens me a lot because i would also love to see that area in October. Dementor scareacters?Yes please

Though it would be nice, HP incorporated in HHN won't happen because Rowling doesn't want it.

i can't remember where, but i remember reading something that said Rowling doesnt want HHN in WWoHP. it saddens me a lot because i would also love to see that area in October. Dementor scareacters?Yes please

It doesnt necessarily have to be HP related, id rather it not be. The scenery and buildings themselves could give a great ambiance to an even better SZ.

Maybe BC I'm in my 30's but I think HP would be a travesty to use in HHN.... I think of it as a kids thing... maybe its just me...

But I think a Mayan 2021 end of the world thing would be a must! It could make for a really cool house... or even better a Mayan Priest as an icon! Preaching the end of the world or something...

Omg no. Poe house was great but more psychological than Lovecrafts works. You could have a much scarier and jumpier house using his whole Cthulhu mythos and the multitude of races (deep ones, migo, ghouls etc) and gods/great old ones/avatars(Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Chaugner Faughn etc) that he created. In fact I'd go as far as to say you could base a whole event of his creations easily and without struggling. Imagine walking round a house that is Innsmouth on the night of the raid against the deep ones or a house that is Ryleh beneath the sea where sleeping Cthulhu wakes from his slumber because the time is right. Maybe a visit to the ghoul invested catacombs beneath a graveyard. The possibilities are almost endless and varied. A Lovecraft house would make an event for me.

I like the idea of an end of the world/ Mayan theme too. I think that would be cool.

Don't be surprised to see the classic Universal monsters like Dracula, Wolfman and Mummy etc make an appearance this year. I believe Universal are celebrating 100 years this year and they have promised various celebrations of their past movie moments. Horror Nights would be the perfect stage for this in my opinion.

Don't be surprised to see the classic Universal monsters like Dracula, Wolfman and Mummy etc make an appearance this year. I believe Universal are celebrating 100 years this year and they have promised various celebrations of their past movie moments. Horror Nights would be the perfect stage for this in my opinion.

ive thought the same thing and it's the obvious way to go(and it probably was thought about my marketing at the least) but seeing as they've most off their original monsters already in separarate houses(frankenstein, mummy, dracula, wolfman, etc), i would at the most expect them to only appear in a Die-in type house or SZ.

I think that we will be seeing a trippy house very soon due to the sucess of In-Between. Its cheap, scary and effective.

Omg no. Poe house was great but more psychological than Lovecrafts works. You could have a much scarier and jumpier house using his whole Cthulhu mythos and the multitude of races (deep ones, migo, ghouls etc) and gods/great old ones/avatars(Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Chaugner Faughn etc) that he created. In fact I'd go as far as to say you could base a whole event of his creations easily and without struggling. Imagine walking round a house that is Innsmouth on the night of the raid against the deep ones or a house that is Ryleh beneath the sea where sleeping Cthulhu wakes from his slumber because the time is right. Maybe a visit to the ghoul invested catacombs beneath a graveyard. The possibilities are almost endless and varied. A Lovecraft house would make an event for me.

I like the idea of an end of the world/ Mayan theme too. I think that would be cool.

Man I'm a old school horror kinda guy, I'd really love that. I just think USF need to either:

A. Stick with the original idea stuff, because last year turned out great. I mean do more research on the supernatural, paranormal, folklore/ urban legends, the unexplained, books, and even gods/godesses and possibly religion

B. If they want movie ideas....use no movie from the 2000 era. Because to me the horror genre is not very good anymore with the exception of: the Wolfman, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Rob Zombie's Halloween, Shutter, etc. there's a few. But anything before that is great. I mean who wouldn't want a Candyman, Hellraiser, Pet Semetary, Night of the Living Dead, or Creature from the Black Lagoon house.

I just feel there is so many "GREAT" ideas waiting to be grabbed. Just no more "black lit" zombies or houses based on torture horror "so over saw & hostel etc." Sorry for the rant good people, now back to your normal programming already in progress.

Sheesh why is Dead Exposure getting such a bad rap? It was a creative and cool house.

I'm tired of classic monsters at least in the "as is" sense. I don't mind them reimagined but even the old ideas are getting a little tiresome. I'm still looking for an effective CFTBL reimaging. But I would't want to see Dracula, Frankenstien, and wolfman again anytime soon becuase they were just used. The Phantom, The Blob, Night of the Creeps, Willy Wonka, and CFTBL I wouldn't mind seeing redone. I know there not ALL Universal monsters, I just think the big three are tired.

But I'm loving the new content and as long as they keep it fresh I guess it really doesn't matter but I doubt it would be my favorite house.

Sheesh why is Dead Exposure getting such a bad rap? It was a creative and cool house.

Agreed. It wasn't the prettiest to look at but it was one of the scariest houses I've ever done because of the darkness and surprise factor.

I will, however, disagree about the classic Universal Monsters. I can't get enough of them. But that's just my personal preference. And I like the idea of them having one mash-up house in celebration of Universal's 100th anniversary.

And a Creature From The Black Lagoon house would be awesome!

I also think an end of the world theme would just be pointless. Yes I know they could really capitalize off that idea with it being 2012 and all, but I feel people would already be expecting it. I really think they would have to execute the idea the right way in order for it to work because they have already had a few zombie/end of the world houses and scare zones in the past. I do like the idea of something being themed around Trick R Treat. Granted we already had a few things loosely based off it, it would be great to see the actual movie come to life. Have Sam running around causing acts of unspeakable acts on innocent victims. The idea with both parks would be a great idea, since this is Universals 100th year, this would be a great year to really go over the top for HHN. I think with this being a special year, maybe give the fans a voice on what they wanna see. Use some sort of poll and maybe give them a chance to bring back one icon (minus Jack since he has been used so much), I personally would love to see Bloody Mary resurrected, I thought she was an amazing and terrifying icon. Now I'm not saying base the whole event around said icon, maybe just a special house in their honer. I have also loved the idea in my head to see them bring Elvira, Mistress of the Dark to the event. Since she is such an Halloween staple, now I know she does not scream scary but have her there as the guest. She has come to host some of her crappy horror movies and something goes wrong. Now I know it would be hard to squeeze horror out of that since she is so campy, but she would be some humor to the event. I'm sure Universal could think of something, I think that idea sounded better in my head.

agreed. its the same type of house as inbetween was minus the 3D and considering the fact that both those houses were immensely popular in the GP, i think those type of houses will be used more often now. they're not expensive, they can disorient you enough to keep you on edge and continuously scare you and still be incredibly creative(laser/string rooms in IB).

i think a classic monster group house would be a good way to bring Bloodengutz back. Let him host a movie marathon of the movies. i liked him, but i didnt LOVE him like a few people on this forum, so i wouldnt care either way, just a thought :P

For me I just can't get the whole A new age of darkness begins out of my head. So as much as I would love to see sequels to previous houses and icons be like H.R. Bloodengutz I just think from here on out each year is going to be something all new and original. At least for now anyways... :unsure:

Edited by HORRORLANDO