HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

i have a few possible house ideas that have been on the burner in my mind...

4. another catacombs house?

i also have the feeling that we'll will be seeing the Peckers again in the future, but when? if anything, they'll be back for the next reunion(most likely HHNXV) but i'd like a full sequel to the house.

i also have the feeling that we'll will be seeing the Peckers again in the future, but when? if anything, they'll be back for the next reunion(most likely HHNXV) but i'd like a full sequel to the house.

We've already seen a french catacomb. I wouldn't mind seeing a Mayan catacombs sequel that incorporates their god Quetzalcoatyl as the "Peckers" antagonist for the house. I mean Quetzal was part bird wasn't he?

It would also tie in nicely with the whole 2012/Armageddon theme.

I remember reading somewhere that J.K. Rowling doesn't want HHN in the WWoHP, so if they do two parks, they would have to have sections cut off like in '04. I would love to see HHN in both parks, but unless they go with one person controlling each park, it don't think it'll work. Twins has been done before, but so has a lot of things related to horror attractions, so it would be interesting to see what Universal does with twins if they decide to take that route. I would love to see a New Orleans-style voodoo witch doctor. Maybe ha can conjure up some zombies to control Universal? (Yes, i know Howl-O-Scream did something similar, but if we're talking copying, that a whole different subject.)

I feel like I'm behind on something. Why is duality/twins being talked about? (Not that there would be anything wrong with that, just something I've been seeing a lot of 'round these parts. :) )

I'm not sure how I feel about the end of the world being the WHOLE theme of the event, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it as the theme of one of the houses.

I feel like I'm behind on something. Why is duality/twins being talked about? (Not that there would be anything wrong with that, just something I've been seeing a lot of 'round these parts. :) )

I'm not sure how I feel about the end of the world being the WHOLE theme of the event, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it as the theme of one of the houses.

I think that it's a combination of the fact that this is HHN 22 (duplication in the number), and the fact that Amity is shut down. This could cause some decent sized bottlenecking in that area, particularly with B&T being right there. Opening up both parks to HHN is something they've done before, could fit into the theme of the duality of the number, and would help alleviate any crowd control options. But as far as I know, it's all wishful thinking without solid evidence to back it up at this point.

And I agree that I wouldn't want the end of the world to be the entire event, but I think it's too big to not at least bring it into 22 a little.

Edited by boogeyman13

Because of the 22.

I don't see how you could stretch "doomsday" to cover the entire event. Pretty much your taking the first doomsday house and spreading it to the whole event. Sure you could have a zombie apocalypse house or sz... But then what? How does famine, pestilence, nuclear holocaust, riots, etc translate as houses and sz that stand on their own? The original was OK (albeit confusing). But it doesn't sound that fun.

Because of the 22.

I don't see how you could stretch "doomsday" to cover the entire event. Pretty much your taking the first doomsday house and spreading it to the whole event. Sure you could have a zombie apocalypse house or sz... But then what? How does famine, pestilence, nuclear holocaust, riots, etc translate as houses and sz that stand on their own? The original was OK (albeit confusing). But it doesn't sound that fun.

Wasn't the "doomsday" house a movie house as it was? I could see it working a bit. The Catacombs could come back as a period house dealing with the dying above gorund. And the obligatory zombie house. Throw in Lovecraft's Old Ones coming back, the Mayan end of the world, and maybe a Y2K-ish house (the comedy house), and you're well on your way to a doomsday themed event. Not saying that that's the way it should go, but if you deal with the end of the world as a theme, and not just a specific one, I could see an event form around it.

Regardless what happens between now and HHN, I'd like to see PIPA and SOPA as the plot in this years Bill and Ted. They'd have to recruit people to help and there could be jokes about certain characters not being allowed. Don't worry, they will put a stop to it, and in a half hour!

I was thinking... to me the scariest part of a zombie movie is when there is basically a horde of them. when there are too many to avoid and you know that they will get you using sheer numbers.

how cool would it be if HHN unleashed a horde of zombies (few hundred) on the crowd at HHN22? Kinda like how they marched out the death drums last year... instead they unleash a massive group of zombies ready to eat anything in its way a few times throughout the night. I think a huge amount would be cool to evoke that "there is way too many of them" feeling!!!

Im just thinking out loud... to me that would be awesome!

I was browsing a site dedicated to up-to-date movie news, when I stumbled upon a few pieces of information I found to be quite interesting. Four major franchises of horror films are scheduled to release new films come Horror-Nights time. And, although I may be in the majority, I feel as though Universal will want to capitalize on at least one of these releases. The films being:

-Resident Evil: Retribution (September 14th)

-The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (October 5th)

-Paranormal Activity 4 (October 19th)

-Halloween 3D (October 26th)

Now, some may be quick to write Resident Evil off but I wouldn't be so quick. If Uni does indeed decide to opt for an end of the world theme, then Resi would go hand-in-hand. Personally though, I would love a Halloween house. This year being my first, I have yet to encounter one of the major movie killers (Jason, Freddy, Michael) in person, and it's something I imagine would be a thrill.

I was browsing a site dedicated to up-to-date movie news, when I stumbled upon a few pieces of information I found to be quite interesting. Four major franchises of horror films are scheduled to release new films come Horror-Nights time. And, although I may be in the majority, I feel as though Universal will want to capitalize on at least one of these releases. The films being:

-Resident Evil: Retribution (September 14th)

-The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (October 5th)

-Paranormal Activity 4 (October 19th)

-Halloween 3D (October 26th)

Now, some may be quick to write Resident Evil off but I wouldn't be so quick. If Uni does indeed decide to opt for an end of the world theme, then Resi would go hand-in-hand. Personally though, I would love a Halloween house. This year being my first, I have yet to encounter one of the major movie killers (Jason, Freddy, Michael) in person, and it's something I imagine would be a thrill.

Well back in 2003 they had the All Nite DrIvE In house with different parts based on Michael Myers, Jason and Freddy. And in 2007 they had The Carnival of Carnage with Freddy, Jason, And Leatherface. As cool as they are I just don't see Universal bringing them back anytime soon. From here on out each year is going to be something all new and original in my opinion... ;)

Resident Evil has become a laughing stock... and this is coming from a guy who loved the franchise... well the first and third movie anyway. The series really jumped the shark with the rediculous "pyramid head" knock-off character in "Afterlife".... Actually tomes could be written about how bad that movie was... But the games were fun. The problem is that zombie scenarios are easy to create and they are, mostly, run of the mill. The movie is also being released by Impact Films/Screen Gems which (correct me if I'm wrong) is not affliated with Universal Pictures. So why would Universal pay for the right to something with only a niche fan base and that is easily recreated in a better/new way (for example see my Cordyceps Zombie concept). The same points goes for Paranormal activity as well

TCM and Halloween are getting a minor upgrade and they have a fan base but they are both big time intellectual properties. We all know what happened with HHN'07 and the restricitons and huge cost for the big three... Not to mention the bad taste all the movie house left with the die-hard fans. I wouldn't think that Universal would be quick to do that again. If anything they would just play off the general direction and what people want to see/what is popular in the horror genre this year.

I would think if they were going to use a property it would be one of their own... such as "Ouija" or "Snow White and the Huntsman" (can anyone else see a quasi return to scary tales?)

All in all I think A&D are a very creative bunch. They know how to make fresh new ideas... even out of old concepts. I'm excited to see what they come up with.

The only movie house i wouldn't mind seeing is Insidious. Ever since i saw it last April i always thought it would make an awesome house. They can start the house with the first house the people moved into, then midway you transition to the second house and you end in the Further.

The only movie house i wouldn't mind seeing is Insidious. Ever since i saw it last April i always thought it would make an awesome house. They can start the house with the first house the people moved into, then midway you transition to the second house and you end in the Further.

^^^Agree 100%. Imagine walking through that seance scene. I'm all for original content but one or two movie-based houses are a nice change and Insidious would be fantastic!

Have you guys all but given up on a possible Trick 'r Treat theme? I don't know why, but the idea of seeing Jack get a house of his own just makes me tremble in joy. I just would like to see what they would do with the "rules of Halloween" and how that could be intertwined with the event.

I also agree with Forever. An Insidious maze would be absolutely amazing, as there are so many different ways they could go about creating it. Also, while watching the film one of my main thoughts was how well the scares could translate to a HHN maze. : D

I feel like Trick 'r Treat has already been done. In 2008 (Reflections of Fear), the house The Hallow and the scare zone The Skoolhouse were both loosely based on the film. As much as I love Jack the Clown, I do feel they need to give the guy a rest as he has been overused. I loved the movie, Insidious, but in my opinion I don't think it could be executed as a house very good. I for one would like to see a house "loosely" based off the movie.

I personally just want something original, it doesn't need to have a icon and it would best if it didn't have a movie related house. The houses and scarezones don't have to tie into the theme but that would be cool.

Edited by Srum

yep for some reason when i saw insidious all I kept thinking was "halloween horror nightmares halloween horror nightmares"

it had so much in the way it looked that could work for hhn the sets and stuff