HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Speaking of HoH... we haven't made many guesses as to what it is other than "100 Years of Horror" and "The Reapers." With the possibility being that it's not EITHER of those and considering we correctly guessed all 5 attractions announced so far, it'd be pretty cool if we figured this one out too!

I'll throw in another guess: Vampyre sequel. That was the best HoH, by far, so I can see them returning to that.

I wish I knew if it was at least film based or original based to get a better guess.

And why can't you spill your guts? If the Flasher can do it you can do it too! Haha

That was clever buahahahahaha.

But seriously guys, scareactors can NOT give out info. Please don't try, especially not in a public forum where they can get in trouble. And don't PM them either, as I'm sure that's annoying. I know we have a few newbies on the board so I just wanna make that clear, in case anybody didn't know...

Perhaps psychotic-asylum themed or nightmarish dreams than?

If Murdy's taking a page from Knotts' book, I suppose the Vampyres could be coming into the 21st century into the nightclub scene doubling as a harvesting humans thing, ala Blade.

SHARE TIME!!!

^ haha,well HHNO did have a jurassic park maze when they had hhn in both parks...

Correction: It was NOT both parks, it was ONLY in IOA. HHN Orlando had an entire JP themed SZ & a house in 2002 within their Jurassic Park section of the park.

JP-Extinction-ext_425.jpg

Scarezone:

jp_extinction.jpg

The power is out. The gates are down. Packs of carnivorous dinosaurs are loose in the park and there's something very strange, very deadly stalking you as well!

House/Maze:

evilution.jpg

Deep within the jungle, top secret genetic experiments have gone horribly wrong, creating hideous mutants half human, half dinosaur and all evil.

Here is one of the Raptor guys...

QC1IL.jpg

The scareactors in the entire JP area of IOA/house included: Raptor guys (scene above), bloody scientists, a few victims, camouflage chainsaw guys, mutated half-dino/half-human scientists.

Honestly... Hollywood having their own JP themed maze would be a missed opportunity, especially now that they have the maze location next to the ride. "Jurassic Park in the Dark" would be a great tie-in. You could have all sorts of scareactors.

This might be a stretch here, but what if House of Horrors turns out to be Hellraiser? I mean, it could be an original concept like Vampyre or some other theme (That would be great), but since this is Hollywood, I'm thinking a movie property would be more likely. It would fit in well with the surroundings inside (Stone walls giving it an underground feel) and would tie in with the "destruction around the world" theme they seem to be going for. What do you think of this wild guess?

This might be a stretch here, but what if House of Horrors turns out to be Hellraiser? I mean, it could be an original concept like Vampyre or some other theme (That would be great), but since this is Hollywood, I'm thinking a movie property would be more likely. It would fit in well with the surroundings inside (Stone walls giving it an underground feel) and would tie in with the "destruction around the world" theme they seem to be going for. What do you think of this wild guess?

Unlikely.

Alice Cooper and La Llorona were original last year and this year... and they had codenames. Remember, Murdy does "branded-horror," so even if it is original, it's still something you'll recognize. I'm thinking possibly a Frakenstein maze, somehow fitting into a steampunk way and incorporating the techno music into it. I don't know, the music doesn't fit with any of the existing environments in the maze so it's either going to be really interesting or really stupid.

SHARE TIME!!!

Correction: It was NOT both parks, it was ONLY in IOA. HHN Orlando had an entire JP themed SZ & a house in 2002 within their Jurassic Park section of the park.

JP-Extinction-ext_425.jpg

Scarezone:

jp_extinction.jpg

The power is out. The gates are down. Packs of carnivorous dinosaurs are loose in the park and there's something very strange, very deadly stalking you as well!

House/Maze:

evilution.jpg

Deep within the jungle, top secret genetic experiments have gone horribly wrong, creating hideous mutants half human, half dinosaur and all evil.

Here is one of the Raptor guys...

QC1IL.jpg

The scareactors in the entire JP area of IOA/house included: Raptor guys (scene above), bloody scientists, a few victims, camouflage chainsaw guys, mutated half-dino/half-human scientists.

Honestly... Hollywood having their own JP themed maze would be a missed opportunity, especially now that they have the maze location next to the ride. "Jurassic Park in the Dark" would be a great tie-in. You could have all sorts of scareactors.

this needs to happen for 3 reasons

1. Its perfect for the lower lot to finaly get another well themed/Decor'ed SZ.

2. perfect location for it.

and

3. who dos'nt love Jurassic Park!!

I'm thinking possibly a Frakenstein maze, somehow fitting into a steampunk way

This could work out well if executed properly.... some would say 2009's "Frankenstein: Creations of the Damned" at HHN Orlando was a great house, I felt it was lacking in many ways due to multiple "show scenes" and just over-all not being what I expected (let alone very good)...

Here is the logo, concept art & actual pic:

169045_173256216052614_5118687_n.jpg

Dr Frankenstein

167165_173256609385908_1182288_n.jpg

Bride of Frankenstein :unsure:

179630_173256626052573_718896_n.jpg

Fritz

164539_173256619385907_7217176_n.jpg

Dr Frankenstein "sawing off" a victim's leg

7832_155220928232_5032523_n.jpg

House facade

14639_187418408048_1326664_n.jpg

a "victim" prop

14639_187418443048_5025265_n.jpg

Dr Frankenstein victim scene (same scene as pic above)

14639_187418463048_6906232_n.jpg

House finale (complete with the pods from "THE FLY")

14639_187418483048_4890942_n.jpg

I would say a Frankenstein house could be done nicely inside HoH, if not better. I know Murdy loves the classic monsters, but I thought I remember him saying he doesn't like or want to "revamp" them. Like a JP maze in the JP queue location, a Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein house would be a missed opportunity. It honestly should've happened already. (Besides... it'd have to be better than the Wolfman overlay)

Uh oh. Got a really bad feeling from the promo video.

I mean, I knew to expect dubstep but when it was played against the horror nights logo... ugh. Really doesn't seem like it will mesh well at all to me. One of my biggest complaints about knotts last year was how the heavy metal music in "endgames" completely destroyed any possible tension. This could be a similar problem.

Edited by 00nightcrawler