HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Wait a minute......"was fired after he shoved the director into a water tank during an argument over how to do a stunt fall". Water Tank? Water Tank!! The ultimate in mazes could be within our grasps......LEATHERFACE VERSUS JAWS. I am wetting my Depends just thinking about it! Hoo Nelly.

SAW's location (behind Mummy) is being used for Silent Hill this year.

The JP queue area is the newest location addition and it allows for two mazes on the Lower Lot opposed to one.

I understand about 2 mazes on lowerlot now. what i was asking is the JP queue maze smaller then the rest (in terms of size)? I have never been through it.

As for that tweet Wes posted earlier about Insidious, someone asked him if it would be somewhat involved at this year's event. Can anyone spot the carnyism in there? Having a house there wouldn't be somewhat involved but very involved.

^the walking dead is the main marketing property.

I still don't think Quigly is TCM. The Clint eastwood hint doesn't have much to do with his actual career.Maybe threes some other clue (if TCM is quigly). I just don't see it coming this year. If I'm wrong, and tcm just happens to be quigly, by all means shove it in my face. But for now I'm gonna have to side with Grindhouse on this one.

Thanks for pulling that up Asylum. TCM may not be Quigley but the two people that are indeed the people Murdy is talking about are Eastwood and Reynolds. Also, don't forget the 2010 maze tour thing. Tobe Hooper was the only director there, aside from Rob Zombie, unless everyone posting about the tour left him out. As far as I know, he was also the only director even attending the Eyegores. Everytime I check those in attendance, his name pops up. I'm sure there's more people but if they were big, they would've been listed unless this is someone who somehow went completely under the radar. But remember, the Eyegores aren't exactly people that are big in the business. More like up and comers, cult favorites, has-beens or are solely into the horror scene and the horror-theme park niche. They have a few guest of honors who used to be big but nothing substantial in today's market.

The 2010 maze tour alone clues me directly to Tobe Hooper. Eastwood and Reynolds both could be tied to Poltergeist too but logistically speaking, TCM makes the most sense.

I understand about 2 mazes on lowerlot now. what i was asking is the JP queue maze smaller then the rest (in terms of size)? I have never been through it.

The JP queue maze is about the size of the WWW maze. So it's in the middle area: small (Mummy, Shrek), medium (JP, WWW), large (T2, HoH). But then again, only maze I've gone through in that spot is WTMN and they might've just done really well with the limited space but it definitely felt more lengthy than Hostel and La Llorona.

This is awsome Asylum thaks for this post so we can almost safely say Once again you will run for your life as Leatherface and his infamous chainsaw chase you through the dark corners of the Hewitt residence.

It would actually be the Sawyer residence, considering it would be based on the original TCM.

I still don't think Quigly is TCM. The Clint eastwood hint doesn't have much to do with his actual career.Maybe threes some other clue (if TCM is quigly). I just don't see it coming this year. If I'm wrong, and tcm just happens to be quigly, by all means shove it in my face. But for now I'm gonna have to side with Grindhouse on this one.

There's probably other clues about Eastwood and Reynolds that fit better with TCM. Those were just the only clues I came up with in a limited amount of time. I'm sure someone who wants to think about it longer and research more could find better indicators. In fact, I found more that link Eastwood to Poltergeist than anything (starred in a Casper parody, directed a film titled Hereafter). After all, Murdy said something about their career points to the theme of the maze and both those are much indicative of his career than what his son is starring in, or Reynolds starring in a movie similar to TCM. But eeeeeeeveryone says I'm crazy when I bring up Poltergeist so ya know... TCM is the way it goes lol

thanks Asylum

I mean I hope its not but like you said it has nothing to do with his career just his son's and I just cant see TCM being placed in JP, I mean it could very well be TCM im just realy skeptical

I mean I hope its not but like you said it has nothing to do with his career just his son's and I just cant see TCM being placed in JP, I mean it could very well be TCM im just realy skeptical

His hint to Quigley specifically said it has nothing to do with the actual actor, but something connected to him. Or something like that.

Clint Eastwood -> Connected -> His Son -> TCM

He didn't say that. He just said he didn't star in the movie but something about his career points toward the movie.

We'd also have to keep in mind that if it is TCM, it was replaced by something else veeerrrrry last minute so its maze location probably doesn't make the most sense.

I'm still pulling for Poltergeist though. That'd be wild, out of left field, different from the usual, exciting and new.

3) Multiple properties are never mixed. We will NEVER see a "greatest hits" maze, especially not in the HOH. They used bootleg versions in '06. Still a possibility (I doubt it considering their popularity now though) but you can't MARKET it as "Goalie Killer," "Burnt Dream Demon," and "Slaughterhouse Cannibal" and expect people to wanna go through that.

I'm guessing that Freddy vs. Jason is the only exception to that rule, if Murdy was going to use that concept as a maze...

He didn't say that. He just said he didn't star in the movie but something about his career points toward the movie.

That's basically the same thing as what I said in different words. Lol.

Plus I said "Or something like that" since it wasn't an exact quote. :P

RANDOM: Does anyone how tall the biggest drop in The Revenge of the Mummy ride is (I know it's not big)? Also the last drop in the Log Ride at Knotts?

I may be stirring the pot when I say this, but go back and read the hints guys. It says something from one of the people on Quigley's lists CAREER is a hint. The only connection we can make to TCM has to do with Eastwood's son. While raising kids is a tough job, I doubt that Murdy would consider it a career.

That's basically the same thing as what I said in different words. Lol.

Plus I said "Or something like that" since it wasn't an exact quote. :P

Not really. You said the exact opposite. You said "specifically has nothing to do with the actual actor." SPECIFICALLY lmao having nothing to do with the actor is completely incorrect and would put speculation on a different track, if whatcha said wasn't corrected. Because it has everything to do with the actor, if its something about their career that points to the movie that's being made a maze. THEIR career + Quigley maze = specifically about that actor.

Not to bust your chops, just sayin' buddy haha

I'm guessing that Freddy vs. Jason is the only exception to that rule, if Murdy was going to use that concept as a maze...

Exactly. Although it could be debated that it's one property since it has its own set of characters, environments, kills, etc. that it's one property. But I believe since the remakes, the rights have been trickier to get since there are two separate rights holders. For example, in 2003 let's say the rights went to Joe Schmo for a 5 year theme park rights holder contract, then in 2008 the theme park rights were split - F13 went to John Smith and NOES went to Shirley Pie and got their own 5 year theme park rights holder contract. Two rights holders, harder to get them to comply but since there's already a property of them conjoined, easier to convince it to happen.

I'm GUESSING that's how it works.

I may be stirring the pot when I say this, but go back and read the hints guys. It says something from one of the people on Quigley's lists CAREER is a hint. The only connection we can make to TCM has to do with Eastwood's son. While raising kids is a tough job, I doubt that Murdy would consider it a career.

Yeah, that's a point I was trying to make. Although it is a heavy connection to the movie, it has to be something about his career that connects. I'm too lazy to look for it though.

Wait, got another one for poltergeist. Clint eastwood starred in a movie called high plains drifter, where it is revealed at the end that his character -the stranger- was a ghost the whole time.

It just sucks that it won't be Poltergeist :(

I'm with ya Grind, I can't see TCM in JP, it would feel weird and out of place. Like, Imagine The Thing in JP, the same thing applies with TCM, they can pull it off, but it wouldn't feel right.

Not really. You said the exact opposite. You said "specifically has nothing to do with the actual actor." SPECIFICALLY lmao having nothing to do with the actor is completely incorrect and would put speculation on a different track, if whatcha said wasn't corrected. Because it has everything to do with the actor, if its something about their career that points to the movie that's being made a maze. THEIR career + Quigley maze = specifically about that actor.

Not to bust your chops, just sayin' buddy haha

Well, I kinda contradicted the specifically when I said, "Or something like that."

Anyway, if that's the case, TCM is incorrect since it has nothing to do with his career. It's his son's.

Unless it's the career in general; actor/director, but then THAT would lead to an endless amount of possibilities. :D

I'm with ya Grind, I can't see TCM in JP, it would feel weird and out of place. Like, Imagine The Thing in JP, the same thing applies with TCM, they can pull it off, but it wouldn't feel right.

see what DTH said about the hints makes sense but then it seems hella wierd that one property changes and they move the biggest/scariest property they ever used and shove it in JP of all places it would be mind boggling if this is the case.