HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

I would also think TCM wouldant fit in JP but remember Quigley was last minute planing from the property that dint happen which was Amok. But I think they can make it work like last year the thing it has nothing to do with a western setting and they made it work.

I guess it can be seen as an overgrown garden, but all those palm trees and stuff kind of threw me off. Either way, whatever is going in that area doesn't seem like it going to fit,especially since the two most likely candidates take place in a texas desert and a suburban california neighborhood.

I don't think matching matters, tbh. :P

To the general public, they just see a maze, whether it's in a random area or not.

Thats so true x) Most people that aren't true fans of the event can be asked, "What did you see in that maze?" and they give a vague description of a few things they saw and thats about it. Lol While most of us on the forums can vividly describe each room. Haha

I would also think TCM wouldant fit in JP but remember Quigley was last minute planing from the property that dint happen which was Amok. But I think they can make it work like last year the thing it has nothing to do with a western setting and they made it work.

if it was last minute why TCM? that does not make sense either.

Alice Cooper from last year???? :huh:

It definitely matched the area. The facade blended in perfectly.

yeah fit in prefect;y in Whittier where I live there are alot of houses that have a ton fo palms covering the houses including mine and a few in my nieghborhood.

and it would take you out of it when you walk into a Texas farm with palm trees at least the rest did its best to either hide the rest of the park or seclude the facade.

It's true, properties are given a certain spot for the look of the venue. But it's not always the case.

Sometimes maze location is based on size (The Thing doesn't fit with the Western area but was needed to fit the cold air units).

Sometimes it's based on if it's replacing something (NOES replacing Vampyre... Vampyre worked for the Shrek area in which I'm assuming would've been a castle... a nursery though?)

Sometimes there's extra space and it just needs to fit somewhere (HOTC was originally for JP... imagine THAT facade there, but it ended up at T2).

So don't get too fixated on location. Sometimes it's planned. Sometimes shit happens.

I'm having trouble seeing how poltergeist could be a maze? While I have been trying to watch that movie for years I havnt gotten the chance. While I see what they could do with the environment just from seeing clips of the film. What characters could be used?

hold up DTH NOES replaced Vampyre???? when??????

and as for the thing it does not realy fit on Western Street but once the queue takes you into the Venue there is no (or at least visable) western decor just walls that cut off the rest of the park with the facade on top of that it did a good job of suspending disbeliefe.

hold up DTH NOES replaced Vampyre???? when??????

Dude, that's old news lmao Vampyre was originally going to be our first full blown original maze since Universal wanted Murdy to do something with vampires. He built it for the Shrek venue, until NOES came on board, so he shoved it into the HoH. He said this on Twitter back when it happened and you can also hear him say it on a podcast on the hhnaddict site.

I found this on Youtube and this all makes sence after seeing this im now 85% sure of this.

yeah thats almost all plagerized from DTH, plus they brought up the 3 year contract with newline which for one gave uni 3 years to use them (which with rights works as a period of time not any three years apart) which was from 2007 to 2009, Uni was able to get the rights again from newline in 2010 and chose to do the remakes sinces newline only owns the 2003 remake of TCM (which was done twice already) they just used the 2008 F13 and 2010 NOES. So if we do get TCM based of the 3D version or the original it would not be through NL since they don't own those 2. That being said although I doubt and more hope it does not come back THIS year it is the only rumor but then again this has been a rumor even before the codename was released and just as well could be just trying to make shapes out of shadows since so far no one has tryed to fit it with another property.

We're geniuses... I'm not surprised they plagiarize our stuff lol. They could have the decency to use our usernames as sources though, because it IS speculation afterall and not well known fact.

But anywho, it's kinda hard to put any other property to the hints for Quigley. The Clint Eastwood-Burt Reynolds "something about their career" thing is just TOO vague. The only MAJOR indicator is the 2010 maze tour. Like I said, Poltergeist fits better to it than TCM does, so there are other properties that work toward the hint, it's just TCM is more practical to make as a maze. Basically, the quick way to do some research on this is go to Google and type in either Clint Eastwood or Burt Reyolnds then type in a horror movie name to see if something pops up. For example, "Clint Eastwood Poltergeist" or "Burt Reynolds Texas Chain Saw Massacre." I've also done similar with "Lords of Salem," "Funhouse" and "Insidious." You don't get much but you can draw your own conclusions.

Just for my personal sanity, does anyone have a COMPLETE list of all the people on Murdy's private tour in 2010?

I know it's on here somewhere but I don't want to drive myself crazy perusing 99 pages of speculation.

Edited by ScreamAtMe

There's no official complete list. Some sources say more or less of the same people though. Here's what I've gathered as to all that attended the Eyegores that year though, so any of them could be a possibility (but uh, realize that hardly any of them are directors):

Corey Feldman

Christopher Lloyd

Betsy Russell

Gina Holden

Elizabeth Scheiffer

Rob Zombie

Eli Roth

Tobe Hooper

Sid Haig

Mariana Klaveno

Tom Malloy

Bridget Marquardt