HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

No, he said for the maze and in the line.

They're not going to just play music for the freakin' LINE as a teaser video for the maze!

And they're not going to play music in line that doesn't fit the maze.

I'm almost afraid to look at what's coming next...

However, I will make more guesses just so we can have predicted all of the attractions this year! C'mon guys, don't give up yet! We're 5-0 so far!

Vampyre 2/Generic Modern Day Vampires

Steampunk Frankenstein/Put Together Living Dead

Industrial Mutants

Apocalyptic-Future Mutants (think Doomsday)

Welcome to Hell

Klownz

The Reapers

Evil Robots/Half-Man, Half Robot

Something Stupid To Do With Chucky That Doesn't Fit

100 Years of Horror (seems like a long shot now...)

Demonic Club

I guess... Aliens could listen to dubstep? lol

Edited by DTH316

Wow people need to calm down already :chainsaw: I came back to rage zombies

Any last guesses on HOH? If not classic monsters or vampyre sequel maze, theme has got to be Haunted Hogwarts. How crazy would that be?

haunted hogwarts with Dubstep??????? I love it!!!!! jk

I'm not gonna lie I truly like dub... I spin dub at events too but in a maze it makes no sense to me....

yeah I like Dubstep too.

^There's not gonna be a dubstep maze. Of course we know it will be playing inside, but it won't be themed to dubstep. Give it a chance guys...lets just wait.

finaly some one who didnt blow their lid me Trev and Djevilclown too, first I would'nt realy call that full fledge dubstep and second who care as long as it fits what the maze is about if it is a Vampire club theme (which I've been wanting to see HHNH do ps I could'nt make it to club blood at knotts) Ill be happy

^ As I said earlier, it depends on what's the theme and direction it's being taken in. If it's a club theme, I can see it working (Though I'd prefer the dubstep being used to be better then the weak stuff played in the trailer.) I can also see this working if the direction is on the humorous side.

I'd say the main thing most of us are worried about is if the theme is anything other then a club, and it's being taken in a serious direction. With what has been mentioned earlier, it could be really interesting or really stupid.

On the plus side, we don't have to wait long since it's being announced today. Also, I just remembered something. When Murdy tweeted about music suggestions, didn't he also ask for industrial music as well?

God, if they play Dubstep in the line... -.- That's a million times worse.

If the line gets up to an hour wait, that means an hour of dubstep. I will NOT be going into that maze if that's the case.

I've only found one dubstep song that I even kinda liked and it was a fan-made song for PewDiePie (Famous YouTube gamer) and even then, I only sorta liked it.

I've never liked Skrillex's dubstep, or any other version. Ironically, I've heard quite a few dubstep songs and even I know that the one in the video was pretty crappy for dubstep.

I don't see why they don't find alternatives. I told Murdy to listen to this when he asked for dubstep and he likes Gorillaz.

Sadly, he just questioned me with, "Gorillaz? I like them and all, but horror? Am I missing something here?" (NOT an exact quote).

I told him it reminded me of dubstep and was close to it without actually being it.

No reply, so I assume it's not even a possibility. Saddens me.

I can't believe this was passed up... August 10th, 2012 - HHN Hollywood Twitter Update

Uh oh. The new SCENTS for the mazes just arrived. Have to go sample them (and I have a horrible cold...this could be very bad for you. LOL)

- "Blue Cotton Candy" - Hmmm this one's rather nice smelling.

- "Barnyard" has a not so nice animal smell

- "Musty" is well, musty.

- "Earth" smells like dirt.

- "Rotting Garbage"

- "Decaying Flesh"

- "Raw Sewage" I guess this is what they mean by "Taking one for the team".

- Mystery scent (can't name it 'cause its for a maze we haven't released yet...but its nasty too!)

I wonder what all of the sample scents would smell like if I put them all together? This is a horrible idea but I gotta know...hang on... Yeah...that smells really, really bad. Sort of like musty, decaying feet with a cotton candy chaser...gonna go throw up now!

^ As I said earlier, it depends on what's the theme and direction it's being taken in. If it's a club theme, I can see it working (Though I'd prefer the dubstep being used to be better then the weak stuff played in the trailer.) I can also see this working if the direction is on the humorous side.

I'd say the main thing most of us are worried about is if the theme is anything other then a club, and it's being taken in a serious direction. With what has been mentioned earlier, it could be really interesting or really stupid.

On the plus side, we don't have to wait long since it's being announced today. Also, I just remembered something. When Murdy tweeted about music suggestions, didn't he also ask for industrial music as well?

yeah agree its not much of a song and not realy something to represent dubstep, but it most likely money! why pay extra to use 10 seconds of a song just for a teaser when you can easily make a 10 second song off a laptop

It is annoucened and all talk should be held in the discussion thread thats now up.

just a quick update and let move foward with speculatio if you have a gripe about the maze take it to the thread.

Terror Tram-Invaded By The Walking Dead

Revenge Of The Mummy Queue-Welcome To Silent Hill

Wild Wild West Venue-The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

T2 Queue-Alice Cooper Goes To Hell

Shrek 4D-La Llorona: El Cazador De Nino's

Jurassic Park Queue-???

Totally agree! DTH is crazy. The maze themes this year are fucking rad. I am not an Alice hater and won't really mind TCM returning (if it is indeed based on the original) and I am not really crazy about zombies either but I think they lend themselves well to the TT and can't wait to see how Uni utilizes them in a maze. Plus, TWD is easily the most solid zombie property since the original Romero Dead trilogy so I'm down with it. Silent Hill is gonna be super epic (mark my words) and I, for one, am very happy to have La Llorona returning - especially with some "new surprises". This Hoh overlay also has potential to be the best one they've ever done (to me it seems like a perfect way to "amp up" the regular show without shoehorning some property in there that clashes with the decor). This year has me VERY excited so far.

I see the appeal that everyone has for this year but it doesn't work for me personally. I also know I'm not the only one but at this point, with all but one maze announced, this year is a lost cause. Not much can redeem its anticipation level (not quality level, mind you).

I'm not a major fan of Silent Hill. I've seen the environments and its villains. I'm aware of SOME of the story. I've only seen the movie and have played about 20 minutes of the second game. I'm aware it'll probably be this year's scariest maze based on environment and characters alone but as for something that's deeply rooted in my childhood, or life for that matter, this does nothing for me. I didn't grow up on it, still have no interest in playing it now, so its just like "oh, cool thing that'll be scary this Halloween" but not like "OMG, MY MIND IS MELTING TO SEE THIS!"

I'm a slightly big fan of The Walking Dead. I was excited when I heard the maze announcement... but then I heard it was also the Terror Tram. I think one or the other would've been better for this case. It's ironic I've been DYING for some semblance of theme with a maze/Terror Tram crossover and I got it... but its this. That just sounds like bitching to be bitching but I wanted something with more story and epic. The Walking Dead at HHN (not the show, mind you) is going to be just mindless zombies that look REALLY good taking over a shit load of Universal's park. Basically what I'm saying is, as cool as TWD is, at the end of the day its going to be a bunch of freakin' zombies and it should've been fairly limited to either/or TT or a maze. I agree it works as the TT and I agree it works as a maze, but doing both is spreading it pretty freakin' thin for this property's worth. Also, zombies aren't exactly the scariest thing. Plus, Walking Dead has only been in my life for... what... a year? And in very small doses at that, considering there's only a grand total of 18 episodes which wouldn't fill out an entire season on any other network. So its not exactly my most favorite or endured property coming to life. It's just "something that's hot right now that looks really cool but isn't entirely scary but will at least be extremely bloody." That doesn't excite me much.

Then there's Alice Cooper... I'm not a big fan of his in general. I dig SOME of his music but even with that said, I don't think it clashes well with HHN. I STILL DON'T. WTMN wasn't exactly a booming success in my eyes. It was a fairly mediocre maze that should've focused on being way scarier. This year's concept sounds better than WTMN though but I'm just not a big fan of this rocker angle, anyway you spin it. Whether it be Marilyn Manson or Ozzy Osbourne, despite my feelings for either, I'd scoff regardless however I would give them a chance to prove me either wise. But for Alice's case, it had its chance to prove me wrong last year and it simply didn't. And I'm just not happy with it getting the park's biggest venue -- it totally seems like favoritism. Oh and the 3D... it doesn't sound promising so far. Plus it's a repeated theme that I never enjoyed in the first place.

Speaking of repeated themes, or maybe just a repeat maze in general, La Llorona. This was my favorite last year. I also highly anticipated it since I heard stories about her as a kid from my friends who were all scared shitless by the legend. It was just something etched into my own personal history, which makes me bias toward it in the same way I would get excited for Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers since they've all been big deals to me as a horror nerd. But with Alice and possibly TCM, the complete lack of trying with the HOH, and with the over saturation of the Walking Dead, Universal NEEDS more space for something new but instead they stuck with returning this. This would've been a welcomed repeat on any given year where it was the ONLY one, but now it's just another dark spot on the line up. I'm eager to see the changes but... that's about it, and that's not a lot to go on for this.

As for Universal Monsters Remix... I mean, c'mon? With all the properties we'd LOVE to see, all the properties Murdy says "aren't scary enough" or the properties that don't have the right "environments," or "aren't hot enough," we get THIS. That's a slap to the face. It's seriously a joke. And it's NOT horror. You know, when I try to convince people to go to Universal because it's the scariest Halloween event, it'll be MUCH harder to convince them considering this is in the line up. And especially when I take them, and this is one of the mazes that's wasted, and if it's the travesty I'm expecting it to be, I'm sure it'll just be disappointing that there could've been something truly gothic, dark and scary in its place but instead we get.... this. Ugh.

As for possibly TCM returning... *sighs* seriously, ANY OTHER YEAR would've been great. Even if it turns out to be the long shot Poltergeist, this line up is already "blah" for me. So excuse me if my speculation or discussion isn't of the same eager tone as you guys. I'll try to post less so I won't be the buzz kill around here for those that are truly excited about what's to come.

I agree with DTH in terms of excitement leveI. I am PUMPED for Silent Hill and I'm also fairly excited for Alice Cooper. Everything else (including TCM if its announced) I could do without. I'm also tired of being the buzzkill so I won't complain anymore about this haha. I think next year I may finally have to lower my expectations as every year I'm disappointed.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

^^^DTH, you can post as much as you want. We need a buzz kill, as you put it, to keep our excitement in check. Even if you don't enjoy this year, we all will enjoy it more because you made us lower our expectations. You're a regular Mother Theresa! :D

I called it, didn't I, Grindhouse?

Wait... called what? I was bed ridden all yesterday with the flu, so did I miss something?

Edited by Hauntfan

I feel like this whole buzz-kill thing is distressing... When I went last year, the only maze that had any relevance to me was HOTC. I had never seen any of the other maze movies, never really listened to Alice Cooper, and had only ever heard of La Llorona briefly. It still managed to be rad. Now this year... I've never seen TWD, played Silent Hill, and still haven't really listened to Alice Cooper. Still stoked. I dunno. I feel like people are being way too harsh... Not on the board, necessarily, but in general. Blah.