HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

"""""it's pretty shitty to think "oh, so you'll make this stupid dubstep maze but not a horror property people actually LOVE?"

Seriously, did ANYBODY in their right mind BEFORE today think, "hm, you know what HHN needs? A maze with dubstep playing throughout it! No wait, let's not stop there, with dubstep to accompany the CLASSIC Universal monsters! Yeah, brilliant!" I mean, who the fuck voted for that on the survey?!"""""""

I couldn't agree with you more. I have no problem with dubstep (to an extent) but REALLY, mixed with CLASSIC monsters..and in a maze. It's sad to think that this event is slowly becoming more and more about the money, and attracting young teenage kids to the park. I almost wish HHN had an age limit...sounds brutal, doesn't it?

It's like....I would have been FINE with a 100 years Classic Monsters maze, but it's those damn kids...like the Saw Twins, who want dubstep and other bs like that, to better "cope" with "unscary, old monsters". Universal knew it would get criticisim had they just left it as a Classic Monsters..which is why we got this remix bullshit. They didn't even give it a fancy logo, or art, for their promotional picture. Show's how much they care. I completely agree...who WOULD vote for that on the survey....children....and unfortunatley I can see HHN quickly becoming a knotts event...overpopulated with stupid children, and terrible music.

Guarentee next year, Alice Cooper (AGAIN), Walking Dead, I'm sure they will have RESIDENT EVIL...( AFTER this year, I'm sure they will always include a game)

Again...I feel like HHN had it's peak last year, and it's all going down from here....rest assured, I STILL love the event, and will definitley give it a try this year....but after so much, you can only decide when enough is enough.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have no problem with dubstep (to an extent) but REALLY, mixed with CLASSIC monsters..and in a maze. It's sad to think that this event is slowly becoming more and more about the money, and attracting young teenage kids to the park. I almost wish HHN had an age limit...sounds brutal, doesn't it?

It's like....I would have been FINE with a 100 years Classic Monsters maze, but it's those damn kids...like the Saw Twins, who want dubstep and other bs like that, to better "cope" with "unscary, old monsters". Universal knew it would get criticisim had they just left it as a Classic Monsters..which is why we got this remix bullshit. They didn't even give it a fancy logo, or art, for their promotional picture. Show's how much they care..

this is event is about the money from day one, its a theme park, and the whole event is ment to attract that age group as well as the young adult crowd and HHN does have a age limit whcih includes teens which are the majority of the customers since day. I agree the Saw Twins where annoying as hell and did some retarded stuff but you cant blame every other teen in the world for enjoying HHN.

I don't know why, but I had a dream that quigly was Jason vs the evil dead.... I need to give these doyens a rest haha

That's the most brilliant thing I've ever heard. You do know at one time they were going to make a Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash movie, right? If they can make that a maze instead, all would be squared in the world.

Guarentee next year, Alice Cooper (AGAIN), Walking Dead, I'm sure they will have RESIDENT EVIL...( AFTER this year, I'm sure they will always include a game)

Doubt they'll have Walking Dead and Resident Evil at the same time................ what am I saying, I wouldn't doubt anything anymore after a dubstep maze so yeah, totally possible now :-/

I wonder how complicated the rights for Resident Evil are in this country. The movie is distributed by Sony, who, traditionally, works with Knott's in California when they want to do haunts based on their properties.,

well I know that the silent hill movies are owned by sony, but Universal seemed to get the right threw Konami the owners of the games and seem tom focus more on the games, so Im pretty sure the same can be done with Resident Evil, If Welcome to Silent Hill ends up being a huge sucess it will make it all the easier all the would have to do is get the rights from Capcom for the games and to be honest I rather see elements from the game over the movie.

Created a Japan thread earlier: http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/forums/index.php/topic/2710-halloween-horror-nights-japan/#entry105889

And yes Resident Evil would be amazing since it offers more than just zombies...

Now as for Hollywood... the only thing left is "Quigley" and the scarezones... however, we know "KLOWNZ" will be back, but the question is, what else will be lurking through the park? It would be overkill if there was a zombie scarezone too :lol: its bad enough we're getting one in Orlando (werewolves would've been better)...

No Reaperz this year? Oh well so I wanted to ask how old do you have to be to go to HHN because my brother and his friend want to go and they are 10 well his friend is 10 my bro is 11

I believe that the age is 13. I think children under 13 can go but they have to have a parent/guardian with them.

I believe that the age is 13. I think children under 13 can go but they have to have a parent/guardian with them.

Ok. Trevler is right. No age limit.

children under 13 must have an adult, no age limit techincaly. but they will say over and over that this hgily recomended for 13 and up and even poke fun of you every chance they get. the Famouse Terror Tram line "if you brought a child what the hell were you thinking" but just makes sure they can handle it I saw last year a 5-7 year old girl bawling in Klownz whie the parents (who looked super young) were buying a churror it, but then again 10 years old boys hear worse playing Call of Duty on line so meeeh

It's kind of sad to see three 13 year olds running around alone.

They had FOL passes and everything, no parents there.

They were screaming out "Fuck!" out of excitement for NO reason at all. They were just skipping in the exit line, screaming it.

It was a little depressing. Plus they kept ending up in front of my friend and I and literally made me back tail ALL of the scares. I am not exaggerating one bit, they took every single scare. Through three mazes. They were in Hostel, Alice Cooper, and somehow ended up in La Llorona. IN A ROW. First three mazes my friend and I went in, they were there.

I fixed it, though. I started acting scared every maze after that. Not only did I have more fun, I actually got scared a few times just pretending to be scared. They can really get you. ;D

see I was a reckless and reblouse teenager once (Old guy speech cliche god Im barley 22 :o ) and im cool with those kids but I hate the dissrespectfull little mouth breathers that go around cussing I get it if your scared and you yell f*** or Sh** but if your going around yelling f this f that and calling eveyone a F*G you need to get the f out of the part but I feel bad for the teens and kids who go to have fun and are made to look bad by these little brats.

Yea I know they both play call of duty but yea I hope they let them in since I'm going with my 18 year old friend. Can't wait to see them crap their pants. Lol

as long as someone is of legal age or look of 17 and up you should be fine

Fuck, finally. I made my account 3 days ago and, after waiting (albeit all desperate), I'm allowed to post. Gotta admit, it feels good. Anyway, I've actually been stalking you guys for like, 3 years now, ever since 2009 (my first HHN/theme park haunt). You guys are pretty good at guessing and I remember wanting to steal your guys' evidence for La Llorona being a maze last year (to win that exclusive behind-the-scenes tour) but felt it was too much of a sleazebag move to do so, so I didn't.

Ok, ok on to the REAL discussion/speculation. After reading your guys' reasoning for TCM coming, I feel like you guys really hit the nail on the head (from what we have anyway). I actually really don't want TCM to come back or any type of "famous slasher" icon to reappear for that matter but, I have to say, it's really pointing there. Looked up stuff about Burt Reynolds, as you guys seem to overlook that mustachioed loon. Some of his movies/roles really point to TCM. If you look at his filmography on Wikipedia there are at least 3 that can be linked to TCM. 1.) One role that he is most famous for is in the movie Deliverance, which is essentially a TCM prototype. In this movie, he's a traveler in a remote part of Southern U.S and him and his buddies are escaping some twisted inbred hillbillies. 2.) He came out in a movie called Best Whorehouse in Texas (I admit, this one is a loose connection, but, hey, gimme a break). 3.) and the most damning of all is a movie he came out called Hooper, where he plays a character named Sonny Hooper. Eh, so whaddya think?

And by the way, I'm on the line about HoH. On one hand, I never go to the HoH mazes because they're always just rehashes of the place during the day just with a different concentration of monsters (i.e. vampires, wolfmen, etc.). Yet this gets me curious enough to go. It might be good or it might just be obnoxious, its hard to tell and, honestly, you can't judge that by the music. Dubstep may not be the top choice for a maze (for the record, I'm not a fan) but I feel that industrial-typish music can be there. A lot of videogame music that is trying to make a "creepy" atmoshpere uses industrial backgrounds. For example, the first Fallout games used pretty much scraping windmill-like noises or like vents being bumped with a very soft and easy to miss melody in the background. I think a lot of games do that and I feel like, if pulled right, it could come off as unsettling (maybe not holy-fuck that was scary, but a good horror atmosphere). Lastly, if they take the campy part, then we can expect over-the-top gore like Evil Dead or Dawn of the Dead. Idk, it could be good or it could be very echhh. Point is, its hard to tell. The name is pretty damn stupid though.

End overly-long first post.