HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

This Hoh overlay also has potential to be the best one they've ever done (to me it seems like a perfect way to "amp up" the regular show without shoehorning some property in there that clashes with the decor). This year has me VERY excited so far.

its wierd that only a few of us feel that way.

As for Universal Monsters Remix... I mean, c'mon? With all the properties we'd LOVE to see, all the properties Murdy says "aren't scary enough" or the properties that don't have the right "environments," or "aren't hot enough," we get THIS.

you mean you want something epic like TrT or Evil Dead shoved into HOH????

But seriously we love our resident Oscer the Grouch, we need you here for the negativivty.

I called it, didn't I, Grindhouse?

Wait... called what? I was bed ridden all yesterday with the flu, so did I miss something?

You were right Trev! haha

well basicly Trev just told me that HOH was gonna be different, and the only other thing he could say was that DTH was gonna hate it.

see to me this is 100% better then last year, first off I did'nt like Alice Cooper at all, thought he was cheesy and such, Hostel was mehhh to me never was a fan of Hostel it was more of an Oh thats cool feeling, I did'nt like the Wolfman remake, HOTC was great the first year but didnt feel like it should be done again, I was only excited for the thing and La Llorona due to the thing being one of my all time favorite horror movies, and being super interested in mexican Folklore. But thanks to you guys I gave everything a chance and had a blast with every maze.

But this year........

I grew up playing Silent Hill, I love the Walking Dead Comic and Show, La Llorona was eaasily one of my favorite mazes last year and Monster Remix sounds like a hell of an idea, The whole look and the cheese factor Im getting from Alice Cooper goes to Hell and if TCM is repeated despite that it might as well be my favorite year so far!

you mean you want something epic like TrT or Evil Dead shoved into HOH????

But seriously we love our resident Oscer the Grouch, we need you here for the negativivty.

You were right Trev! haha

well basicly Trev just told me that HOH was gonna be different, and the only other thing he could say was that DTH was gonna hate it.

see to me this is 100% better then last year, first off I did'nt like Alice Cooper at all, thought he was cheesy and such, Hostel was mehhh to me never was a fan of Hostel it was more of an Oh thats cool feeling, I did'nt like the Wolfman remake, HOTC was great the first year but didnt feel like it should be done again, I was only excited for the thing and La Llorona due to the thing being one of my all time favorite horror movies, and being super interested in mexican Folklore. But thanks to you guys I gave everything a chance and had a blast with every maze.

But this year........

I grew up playing Silent Hill, I love the Walking Dead Comic and Show, La Llorona was eaasily one of my favorite mazes last year and Monster Remix sounds like a hell of an idea, The whole look and the cheese factor Im getting from Alice Cooper goes to Hell and if TCM is repeated despite that it might as well be my favorite year so far!

No no, not shove TrT or anything in the HoH but for the same person to say that TrT isn't scary enough (remember, he DID say that) and then to make a Universal Monsters Dubstep maze, you have to really go, "wha?" Ofcourse, ANYTHING could've gone in the HOH but when you have repeats like La Llorona instead of other viable properties, it's pretty shitty to think "oh, so you'll make this stupid dubstep maze but not a horror property people actually LOVE?"

Seriously, did ANYBODY in their right mind BEFORE today think, "hm, you know what HHN needs? A maze with dubstep playing throughout it! No wait, let's not stop there, with dubstep to accompany the CLASSIC Universal monsters! Yeah, brilliant!" I mean, who the fuck voted for that on the survey?! Wait, it wasn't even an option! Meaning that enough people would have had to put in the extra comments section about it. But I assure you, nobody did! Meaning, this idea was randomly put together without much thought on how the demographic will react. Which is the PROBLEM with doing mazes to movies people don't think are scary enough, or popular enough and etc., RIGHT? Apparently not.

Well yeah, Trev was right lmao

And I'm glad Grind has stuff to look forward to because obviously, this event can't be tailored to me but it is tailored for people like Grind so I'm glad it's pleasing SOME people. I can't be selfish and say "everything needs to be the way I want it" and I accept that, I probably just won't end up liking this year as much as the others which is no big deal but if Knotts ends up making HHN look stupid this year then nobody can say I didn't tell ya so! haha

I feel like this whole buzz-kill thing is distressing... When I went last year, the only maze that had any relevance to me was HOTC. I had never seen any of the other maze movies, never really listened to Alice Cooper, and had only ever heard of La Llorona briefly. It still managed to be rad. Now this year... I've never seen TWD, played Silent Hill, and still haven't really listened to Alice Cooper. Still stoked. I dunno. I feel like people are being way too harsh... Not on the board, necessarily, but in general. Blah.

It's just an anticipation thing. We all judge how well it's doing anticipation wise but every year, the actual quality always ends up different. Right now, I think this is a horrible line up but it could be a GREAT year for all I know. I don't think anybody is really judging it before we go in, we're just saying, "okay, this is how it compares to other years and what the line up COULD'VE been instead." But the fact is, at the end of the day, it'll only be the quality that'll matter. Basically, at this anticipation, speculation and general discussion stage, we kinda just NEED shit to talk about so whether or not we're looking forward to something is apart of that. I think we all know, whether we get ahead of our selves or not, that we're going to have fun at HHN regardless if the mazes do turn out cruddy, the event will probably turn out great anyway and we could either be surprised or disappointed. But what it reaaaally comes down to is... like I said before, we just need shit to talk about lmao.

^^^DTH, you can post as much as you want. We need a buzz kill, as you put it, to keep our excitement in check. Even if you don't enjoy this year, we all will enjoy it more because you made us lower our expectations. You're a regular Mother Theresa! :D

Naaaaah, I'd rather the people more excited about it all talk about it more. I'll chime in but I'll try to put less of my lame opinion on everything to keep a more positive atmosphere on the boards instead of trying to convert people to mope like me lmao

Seriously, did ANYBODY in their right mind BEFORE today think, "hm, you know what HHN needs? A maze with dubstep playing throughout it! No wait, let's not stop there, with dubstep to accompany the CLASSIC Universal monsters! Yeah, brilliant!" I mean, who the fuck voted for that on the survey?! Wait, it wasn't even an option! Meaning that enough people would have had to put in the extra comments section about it. But I assure you, nobody did! Meaning, this idea was randomly put together without much thought on how the demographic will react. Which is the PROBLEM with doing mazes to movies people don't think are scary enough, or popular enough and etc., RIGHT? Apparently not.

Well yeah, Trev was right lmao

And I'm glad Grind has stuff to look forward to because obviously, this event can't be tailored to me but it is tailored for people like Grind so I'm glad it's pleasing SOME people. I can't be selfish and say "everything needs to be the way I want it" and I accept that, I probably just won't end up liking this year as much as the others which is no big deal but if Knotts ends up making HHN look stupid this year then nobody can say I didn't tell ya so! haha

It's just an anticipation thing. We all judge how well it's doing anticipation wise but every year, the actual quality always ends up different. Right now, I think this is a horrible line up but it could be a GREAT year for all I know. I don't think anybody is really judging it before we go in, we're just saying, "okay, this is how it compares to other years and what the line up COULD'VE been instead." But the fact is, at the end of the day, it'll only be the quality that'll matter. Basically, at this anticipation, speculation and general discussion stage, we kinda just NEED shit to talk about so whether or not we're looking forward to something is apart of that. I think we all know, whether we get ahead of our selves or not, that we're going to have fun at HHN regardless if the mazes do turn out cruddy, the event will probably turn out great anyway and we could either be surprised or disappointed. But what it reaaaally comes down to is... like I said before, we just need shit to talk about lmao.

Naaaaah, I'd rather the people more excited about it all talk about it more. I'll chime in but I'll try to put less of my lame opinion on everything to keep a more positive atmosphere on the boards instead of trying to convert people to mope like me lmao

like always you have good points this did come out of the blue but as I see even if Im let down by this maze its HOH we werent expecting a game changer out of it if it does turn out great we can be happy it did and hope for this to change HOH for good if it fails just add it to Chucky's fun house and meet the strangers as another failed Overlay and again DTH we love you criticsism it keeps us grounded and is needed for this forum!

The meltdowns (well DTH's with some other minor rants) on this speculation is one for the ages!! I like the passion but if someone knows DTH locally, can you please check on him and bring him a Dillybar or something to brighten his day?! B) I'm just about to jump on the HOH thread as my beloved HOH and Classic Monsters will finally get their time in the sun, er, moonlight! :timewarp:

Heeeeey, I have not had a meltdown or rant today! Believe me, I only said about 5% of what I could've said! lol

Maybe I only imagined this was your meltdown, HOH seemed to touch a nerve in what is already a sore subject with alot of people. Still, I think you deserve a Dillybar. :candyman: Back to speculation.........one maze to go!

No. That looks fucking awesome, but I believe Murdy's latest comment on doing original mazes was "we do branded horror and our profits increase every year. We must be doing something right" so not happening until Murdy is gone.

I know but, a guy can dream. :)

Has anybody checked out what HHN Singapore is doing this year?

HHN2_970x370.jpg

Wish we could've got something like that this year! :(

Honestly the Puppetmaster looks creepier than a zombie for the Walking Dead. They could've had one original "Puppetmaster/Original Icon" maze, and all the movie properties could have been his minions on those cards similar to Jack. Awe well. Maybe next year???

wow that looks so great, kinda wish we got that for Orlando too,

THAT ICON IS SIIIIICK!

It totally reminds me of Jack in 07 though.

But at least they get a freakin' theme.

Hopefully some YouTube vids of it come through my like last year so we can check it out.

Last year, Singapore's event looked pretty damn amazing too.

Why does Hollywood get short changed when it comes to environment and theme in comparison to Orlando and Singapore?

Makes no sense to me. We should be OWNING this shit.

Instead we have stuff like........ *tries not to laugh* Universal Monster Remix.

Maybe it's just the grass is always greener...

Anyway, hopefully we can get another minor hint on Quigley.

I'm already 95% sure it's TCM anyway.

THAT ICON IS SIIIIICK!

It totally reminds me of Jack in 07 though.

But at least they get a freakin' theme.

Hopefully some YouTube vids of it come through my like last year so we can check it out.

Last year, Singapore's event looked pretty damn amazing too.

Why does Hollywood get short changed when it comes to environment and theme in comparison to Orlando and Singapore?

Makes no sense to me. We should be OWNING this shit.

Instead we have stuff like........ *tries not to laugh* Universal Monster Remix.

Maybe it's just the grass is always greener...

Anyway, hopefully we can get another minor hint on Quigley.

I'm already 95% sure it's TCM anyway.

yeah I really don't know why, we get really cool icons and stories, Singapore gets these amazing icons and scarezones, I don't know why you guys don't get awesome icons and why so many repeats

ohh GOD...look what we've done

@HorrorNights it would be awesome if you did a Jawd and Jurassic Park Maze!

@HHNKLOWNZ Jaws? Don't get me wrong...I love that film but a maze?

They already did a Jurassic Park Haunted house and Street scarezone in Orlando LOL! :lol: :lol:

Edited by black mask

ohh GOD...look what we've done

@HorrorNights it would be awesome if you did a Jawd and Jurassic Park Maze!

@HHNKLOWNZ Jaws? Don't get me wrong...I love that film but a maze?

Buahahahaha someone took our joke too far!

Singapore has already surpassed us. Now ive got to fly out there some year... and haha Murdy should do Jaws as his final maze before leaving. His final act as creative director. That or Universal Monsters Remix 2.

Jaws... we totally deserve it ;)

I made a joke saying "I can't wait for the Jaws 3D maze to be announced next" earlier and he responded with "Better keep waiting...LOL". Guys, that's our proof... we WILL have Jaws: Bloody Waters 3D this year!

Does HHN have a codeword we yell out for Scareactors to know we're from the forum, or is that Knott's? If it is HHN, our codeword should be "Bloody Waters"...

Edited by JGmoney1996

Funny how he doesn't respond to the jurassic park part...BUM BUM BUUUUUUM

I know :), there were post about it a couple pages back. Did you experience it? Was it good?

I didn't get to see it, but there are videos online, the show The Art of the Scare shows clips from the inside of the house

these things will be hiding in the bushes and would jump on people to scare them:

tumblr_lq6tbnGyp01qmk2q5o1_5001.jpg

here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5d7Iyp_uA&feature=relmfu

I made a joke saying "I can't wait for the Jaws 3D maze to be announced next" earlier and he responded with "Better keep waiting...LOL". Guys, that's our proof... we WILL have Jaws: Bloody Waters 3D this year!

Does HHN have a codeword we yell out for Scareactors to know we're from the forum, or is that Knott's? If it is HHN, our codeword should be "Bloody Waters"...

the word used here is Nightmares,

Buahahahaha someone took our joke too far!

Jaws... we totally deserve it ;)

wow Jews: Bloody Waters here we come!!!

yeah theres thread we have to determine it

btw guys Mod cap on let not get too off topic with the singapor talk.