HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Here's what I don't get... Murdy and Co. always come up with cool ideas (mostly) for the scarezones at HHN. So... why don't they actually use that as something more??? Seriously, the Toy Maker from the Toyz scarezone could have easily been an Icon. Even this year, all it needed was a scarezone and something quick and easy to tie in the mazes and Terror Tram. I really wish they would use their creative side on more than just the SZ's.

Edit: 2 things. First, most of the scarezones they create could easily stand on their own as original mazes, much like La Llorona did. The Reapers could have made a kick-ass maze as could Lunaticz, Freakz and even Klownz and most of all Welcome to Hell. The other... I think this year's website is much better than last years, it's probably the best one we've had since 2006. Sure there's no games and videos and teasers but... it looks much better. :)

Edited by Hauntfan

I don't even think they need to tie it into the mazes.

Kind of hard to connect movie/music based mazes with a single character, unless it's the director.

As long as they have a scarezone and a bit more advertising with it, it'd be fine. :P

At least the slogan isn't What Fear Fears Most. :P

^I know right! :P

I meant something simple to tie them in. Like that the park is his biggest creation, the deadliest toy EVER!!!! I don't know, something small like that could work. They wouldn't have had to have done anything different either. Just take a few shots of the "Toy Maker" for the billboards and other advertising, make a commercial with him in it and come up with a slogan that tied into him, the event would have been the same but it would be more exciting (Anticipation-Wise) for sure.

Edited by Hauntfan

Well all around I think this should be a great year. I'm stoked for all the Mazes. And those scarezones ssound just as good. Does anyone else feel like maybe muddy is trying to work his way into modifying the event? I don't know maybe I'm just really excited for this year.

For the advertising. I really hope the commercial this year is better. After all, the 2007 commercial is what made me want to go to hhn that first time.

Great job everyone on speculation. Got em all.

See you all for speculation next year. What month does that usually begin?

...and so it ends. 11 months of speculation and now all we can do is wait out the next month with baited breath. This year has an amazing advantage that previous years didn't in that this is perhaps the most polarizing lineup yet. You either love it or hate it. Either way I think more than a few people will be surprised (pleasantly or otherwise.). With that the countdown begins. 29 boys and girls, and all speculation will be lain to rest. 29 days...

Fun year speculating with ya all. We pretty much got everything right: all the mazes (we can debate on HOH later), the Terror Tram, and the scarezones (we practically came up with the idea for them months ago).

I think this is the closest we'll get to another '09 with ALL new content. From this point on, HHN has become a Halloween event mainstay and sometimes, mazes and themes need to be repeated. However, it's only one maze and two other repeated themes, which isn't that bad. Plus, if HHN continues on the "only popular movies" bandwagon, they run out of properties to pick from when there's stupid picky reasons not to expand to other franchises, which is how we end up with stuff like TCM. For all I know, we'll get another TCM maze next year based on the new film.

The major point I'm trying to make is HHN Hollywood is here to stay. May that be because of the movie properties, or the original properties, the Terror Tram, or John Murdy's philosophies -- the important thing is from now on, it won't go away and we'll have an event to go for years to come. The future is bright with screams of fear, of surprises, of disappointments and new traditions that will one day include our children and our children's children. Whether you're the creative director, a scareactor or a guest, HHN will be apart of the legacy of our lives and that's an exciting feeling.

In November, wishful thinking for 2013 begins. And then in January, speculation opens up. Whether we get it all right or whether we get it all wrong, I'm just glad we have a place to talk about our favorite event. I know I'm not alone when I say I think of HHN every single day and go through withdrawals. I need this place. I need you guys. It keeps me sane. Without my HHN gossip fix, I'm just a junky waiting to get out of rehab to get my first hit again come late September. Otherwise, I'll have to resort to the imitation drug of talking to people on the FB pages, or MiceChat or etc. and none of those places have that good of conversation, insight or expertise as the members of this site do. So major thanks to Horror Night Nightmares for a place to come and satisfy my addiction and to be apart of a community. And thanks to Murdy for reviving an event into becoming a quality Halloween attraction that's worth looking forward to.

I can't wait to read everyone's reviews! And as they say, "I'll see you in the fog."

^Well said DTH, I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. :)

Speculation was fun, and... surprisingly easy this year! Hope we have a great year of speculation next year. See y'all December for HHN 2013 Speculation. And remember to write your reviews I love to read them.

Completed my first full year of speculation with you fine folks on HNN. Enjoyed the banter and craziness that is part of the forum. Is it me or is staying involved with speculation throughout the year seem to cut short the waitiing time for the event? This years event seemed to arrive quickly. Looking forward to the early reviews; I seem to always want to catch up on the spoilers prior to attending HHN. Does not ruin the fun I have each year and only keeps me excited with anticipation. We may never get Trick R Treat or Insidious, but I know JAWS: Bloody Waters is a strong contender for next year! :lol: (Off topic: JAWS Blu Ray is awesome and attended a showing of the film at a local Cinemark theater tonight. Sold Out/Crowd was into the movie and cheered at the end).

I had lots of fun coming on this site, speculating with all you fellow HHN fans! It definitely keeps me sane when many of my friends aren't huge fans, so I wanna just quickly thank the founders of this site and all the members as well because I really enjoy all of the discussions here! :D

Hopefully I'll see some of you at the event sometime, it'll be cool to meet you HHN peeps. Can't wait to read all your reviews, and hopefully I'll manage to go through some during break so I can post my reviews here too. See you guys (and girls lol) :jason: !

Edited by shark23

It felt like it was not that long ago when speculation began with Murdy showing the cover for Dante's Inferno stirring the pot of speculation. Now here we are, everything has been announced, and now we are less than a month away from our beloved event! It has always been fun speculating with you guys on this site; as always, it is filled with ups and downs, disappointments and excitement, anger and joy. From now until September 21st, or whenever you guys will be going, we can put down our judgements for the event, and go have a frightningly good time! See you in the fog guys!

Sure there's no games and videos and teasers but... it looks much better. :)

No videos or teasers? :blink::unsure: Pretty much all of the houses came with video announcements, there is one piece of concept art (and i'm sure there will be more), and there will be "behind the screams" videos soon...

Okay guys, about 6:30 tomorrow, speculation will be closed. Anybody want to make any closing statements for this year's speculation? I'll post mine when the thread closes.

okay.... for my "closing" statement:

JAWS: THE MAZE

"Just when you thought it was safe to go into the mazes at HHN!"

• Like 2

i'm so glad I joined the forums this year. It's been great and time flew by. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, but I can't wait to begin next year's speculation! I will probably write a review after the third weekend as that is when things usually are fixed. Can't wait!

No videos or teasers? :blink::unsure: Pretty much all of the houses came with video announcements, there is one piece of concept art (and i'm sure there will be more), and there will be "behind the screams" videos soon...

I meant elaborate videos like HHNO did for Sweet 16 and other of that kind that Orlando has done in the past for their websites. I wasn't talking about maze announcements. <_<

If you're referring to the mini-movies within the one big mini movie... that was a one time thing since we had the 4 event icons.

You'll be getting behind-the-screams videos soon, which is something Orlando rarely sees. Besides, be thankful Hollywood actually has everything announced, we don't have 3 houses & our SZs announced yet... we have to wait a week.

It was a great run, speculating and predicting mazes... Some were fairly obvious even on November 1st last year, (Alice, La Llorona, TCM), some were pleasant surprises (The Walking Dead, Silent Hill), some were huge WTF?!?! (Universal Monsters Remix) but all in all, like DTH316 said, HHN Hollywood is here to stay <3 An awesome Halloween event that will be part of our lives for years to come... Here's to you HHN 2012!! Now we wait for September 21st!!

• Like 1

Alright guys its been just about 24 hours since the Website went live, so gonna have to close up shop here it's been fun speculating with you all and its been one hell of a year, almost a month till the gates open and it HHN season once again.

Universal Studios Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights Speculation 2012 is now closed!

• Like 1