HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Well this Knotts news does have some implications regarding HHN speculation. I know that Evil Dead was never really in the running this year but it's still somewhat pertinent. 'Tis true though, enough has been said on the matter at this point - let's all go ogver and rant about it on the Knotts thread. Hahaha! Back to real talk, I am most curious about the TT at this point. Has it been confirmed or denied that there will indeed be a new route this year? Anyone seen anything going up in the old location? Or a new one? I feel like there was more chatter about the attraction last year and we're getting down to the wire.

1) Universal, HOW THE HELL COULD YOU NOT GET THE RIGHTS TO THIS BUT... Knotts... Berry... Farm.... DID?!

4) Or possibly... Evil Dead was Amok. And somehow, went to KSF. Which is probably why it's not a maze. And figuring they had no plans for the log ride, decided to throw it in there.

Well... here is some info for you... HHN Orlando was supposed to get an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness scarezone for HHN 2009. As well as a scene in their Silver Screams house. However, due to issues with the rights, it didn't happen. BUT it did evolve in some form. The Army of Darkness scarezone became "Lights! Camera! Hacktion!" which was a film set with chainsaws and film crew victims. The "Director" of the film was "Mas Irmiar" (Sam Raimi backwards).

Silver Screams still featured an AOD scene called "MeDIEval Dead" and was the "Pit" scene from AOD. Ash was on the right side of the room & the monster was on the left. Very short scene & was the only NON-official IP scene of the house.

Here is the concept art logo they were going to use:

WQ5Tu.jpg

In regards to "AMOK", it might have been "American Werewolf in London" because Orlando was going to have the house & then it was randomly dropped (after construction had begun).

Well this Knotts news does have some implications regarding HHN speculation. I know that Evil Dead was never really in the running this year but it's still somewhat pertinent. 'Tis true though, enough has been said on the matter at this point - let's all go ogver and rant about it on the Knotts thread. Hahaha! Back to real talk, I am most curious about the TT at this point. Has it been confirmed or denied that there will indeed be a new route this year? Anyone seen anything going up in the old location? Or a new one? I feel like there was more chatter about the attraction last year and we're getting down to the wire.

I know they've been clearing up the pathway at the original TT route. No visible construction/scenic yet I believe.

That artwork... is so badass.

As for TT, I have a feeling it'll be the usual route but with more additions than previous years. Another property is attached and last year when they tried it, it was a disaster. Murdy knows how to bounce back. I think last year he figured would be the bounce back from Chucky with Scream but it failed too so now he has to bounce back 2 times harder, so I think TT will come back in full force this year. "Was it disappointing last year? Lemme make it 5 times cooler this year!" La Llorona, the current HOH situation, Home Sweet Hell, F13 remake maze, etc. are all reasons for "In Murdy, we trust." It just looks like scarezones may be getting back burner this year to show TT and HOH the most love right now because God knows they're in desperate needs of fixing.

In regards to "AMOK", it might have been "American Werewolf in London" because Orlando was going to have the house & then it was randomly dropped (after construction had begun).

Im going to be SSSSSSSoooooooooooo pist if it was An American Werewolf and it got dropped espeacialy if Quigly is TCM. rant rant rant!!!!!

That artwork... is so badass.

As for TT, I have a feeling it'll be the usual route but with more additions than previous years. Another property is attached and last year when they tried it, it was a disaster. Murdy knows how to bounce back. I think last year he figured would be the bounce back from Chucky with Scream but it failed too so now he has to bounce back 2 times harder, so I think TT will come back in full force this year. "Was it disappointing last year? Lemme make it 5 times cooler this year!" La Llorona, the current HOH situation, Home Sweet Hell, F13 remake maze, etc. are all reasons for "In Murdy, we trust." It just looks like scarezones may be getting back burner this year to show TT and HOH the most love right now because God knows they're in desperate needs of fixing.

well chucky was made up with Scream but not until almost the end of the event it just seemed like they had'nt figure the tram out till like the second to the last week of the run but hopefully we get something great we havnt had an AWSOME TT since 09

I know they've been clearing up the pathway at the original TT route. No visible construction/scenic yet I believe.

Actually we have been going to Universal all year, the tram multiple times (season pass holder, 4 year old adores Studio Tour*sigh*) and the path has been kind of the same way all year long. Never took down the fence/walls the scareactors hide behind or anything.

HHN Facebook: No really, keep calm. We've got another announcement coming soon...

549085_10150952051791727_435367675_n.jpg

Comments are saying it's from Dexter. :P

I doubt this is a hint Ive seen that floating around for the last year, it just gory and fit the purpose of telling people to keep calm another update is coming.

Evidently that poster was created by the British Government during WWII. It usually reads "Keep Calm and Carry On". Hmmmmm... Somethinf British?

your reading to much into this yes it a propaganda poster from WWII but its been used (I even say over used) over the past 2 year for shirts, meme, hats, ect Hot Topic is full of these.

keep-calm-hello-kitty-350x.png

tumblr_m5vxhr8PyQ1qgepq0o1_500_thumb.jpg

now this dose not mean the mazes are the misfits and hello kitty claws of death, that exact one Ive seen on shirts since probably April or Mayish and I do belive the dexter facebook used it but its not anything to do with dexter

What I find strange is that HoH doesn't have a code name.

It's getting a revamp, but no theme? I hope it's not just like "More intense House of Horrors for HHN."

I want it to have a theme, and if it does, why didn't he use a code name for it?

It will most likely have a theme. Terror Tram last year had a codename but doesn't this year. I think John just wants the main focus to be on the 5 other mazes. So HOH doesn't get hyped too much, even though they are closing it for the re-do.

I'm not saying this is a clue. I know they didn't create the graphic. It was just an idea.

Also, the idiots on FB are just confused I think. This is similar to some of the art used for Dexter promos (they tend to enjoy using a similar "blood splatter") but I'm pretty sure this graphic isn't related.

3) Evil Dead wasn't in the running this year. Never once believed it was coming. But next year?! All chances have been practically obliterated.

Obliterated? Nonsense. If the theme goes over well with the customers, Universal will work even harder to get it for themselves. The real question is whether the Knotts deal was multi-year or exclusive.

Im going to be SSSSSSSoooooooooooo pist if it was An American Werewolf and it got dropped espeacialy if Quigly is TCM. rant rant rant!!!!!

I know we have faith in Murdy to make mazes for movies that naturally wouldn't be mazes but um... AAWIL just seems odd to me. I mean, nothing happens in that movie until the last 10 minutes that's even "horror related." Well that and the random Nazi scene. It's mostly a comedy, if ya ask me. Or at least I laughed... haha.

What I find strange is that HoH doesn't have a code name.

It's getting a revamp, but no theme? I hope it's not just like "More intense House of Horrors for HHN."

I want it to have a theme, and if it does, why didn't he use a code name for it?

Maybe just his way of saying, "don't get excited." My guess is the 100 Years of Horror with new and revamped rooms.

is this graphic a clue in and of itself? It looks like it could be.

I thought that at first but remembered the 2 countries thing. Ruins the possibility of that... unless we're not getting La Llorona...

I'd say Shaun of the Dead but that's just more zombies. I'd then say Jack the Ripper but that'd just be Terror of London.

Obliterated? Nonsense. If the theme goes over well with the customers, Universal will work even harder to get it for themselves. The real question is whether the Knotts deal was multi-year or exclusive.

I doubt that. Doing Sinister Pointe's old mazes seems to be fair game since they're a small independent Haunt. However, copying Knotts, since they're an actual competitor, would just be cheap. I don't think we'll ever see The Grudge or Quarantine at Universal. And now I don't think we'll ever see Evil Dead.

Not that we thought Dexter would be a maze, John Murdy just denied it on Twitter. I was just humored with the thought of a bunch of FB's porting over to Twitter in a tizzy:

If @HorrorNights has a dexter maze this year I'm gunna be sad. Ahah.

Universal Halloween Don't worry...be happy

@HorrorNights

@HorrorNights THANK YOU! Made my day. It's a good show and all but I don't see how it can translate in to a great maze.

Universal Halloween@HorrorNights Me neither

Edited by AsylumSB

I doubt that. Doing Sinister Pointe's old mazes seems to be fair game since they're a small independent Haunt. However, copying Knotts, since they're an actual competitor, would just be cheap. I don't think we'll ever see The Grudge or Quarantine at Universal. And now I don't think we'll ever see Evil Dead.

I'd say it's up to the fan base too.

Did any of us massively vote for the Grudge or Quarantine to be at Universal? Not really. Evil Dead? Yeah. Maybe because Knott's has it, it'll only be hyped up more and perhaps will be at Universal. :P

John Murdy mentioned that older film properties were difficult to obtain because contracts for earlier films had no languaage pertaining to theme park rights. Since I just missed the "Big 3", was TCM based on the original, sequels, or reboot? If TCM were to be one of the attractions this year, do you think it would be for the past (70's and offshoots), present (2003-2007), or future (TCM 3D)?