HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Looks like The Walking Dead will be my last maze of the night considering the upper lot options. I'm hoping TT and Quigley are something really good... or this year is kinda tame.

Really? I think this year is shaping up to be great! Alice Cooper will probably be better than WTMN and is way more exciting to me than House of 1000 Corpses; Silent Hill is infinitely more promising than Hostel; Walking Dead is at least as cool as The Thing and probably has more potential as a maze; La Llorona is totally welcome back IMO, especially as a souped-up "sequel maze"; TT is bound to be better than last year, if even marginally so; Due to the news about the daytime closure of HoH I am way more stoked on that than I ever have been. Even if Quigley turns out to be TCM or (lamer in my opinion) Poltergeist, this year is already far more promising than last year.

Really? I think this year is shaping up to be great! Alice Cooper will probably be better than WTMN and is way more exciting to me than House of 1000 Corpses; Silent Hill is infinitely more promising than Hostel; Walking Dead is at least as cool as The Thing and probably has more potential as a maze; La Llorona is totally welcome back IMO, especially as a souped-up "sequel maze"; TT is bound to be better than last year, if even marginally so; Due to the news about the daytime closure of HoH I am way more stoked on that than I ever have been. Even if Quigley turns out to be TCM or (lamer in my opinion) Poltergeist, this year is already far more promising than last year.

I agree. Even though I'm not very excited about how many returning themes there are this year, at least they sound more interesting than last year. HoH is getting the big makeover we have wanted it to have for the longest time, the repeat house we're getting will have some new scenes, Terminator is getting a new house, and lower lot/Mummy will finally get something different in its venue than just the usual torture u-turn layout. That's not even counting the possibility of getting better scarezones and an amped up Terror Tram. This is sounding like its going to be our best year yet.

I would rather have TCM than Poltergeist as well IMO. I would prefer something new and original in its place, but if I had to choose between the two, then TCM it would be.

I don't even see how a Jaws maze could work. Why not just open a seafood restaurant there called Jaws? So far, speculation this year has been 100% right. I see a TCM maze coming.

it's a joke we been jokeing about this for the last week.

I realy don't see any evidence on how Quigley is TCM, yes we have been right but we have been able to connect them at least a little to each maze and to be honest JP is kinda wierd to place TCM.

A jaws maze could work. Wharf and seaside setting. Lots of shark victim monsters. A couple of mechanical or puppet shark scares.

I mean.. picture it. You're walking across a narrow catwalk thats very close to a pool of inky black, apparently deep water... and then BOOM Giant shark puppet bursts out of the water. I would die.

• Like 1

oh godz... after riding the former :( JAWS ride multiple times at night at UNI Orlando... the thought of a JAWS house is actually quite scary and could actually be done. Especially with the technology that exists now... projections, holographic images, mirrored floor illusions... a multitude of water effects.

Okay... can someone pitch this idea to Murdy, because this would seriously be an epic house lol

• Like 1

I wish the Classic Monsters were more represented during the day time, actually. Horror Nights would be great for this, also...It might be a bit random, but it would still be nice. Afterall, those horror movies helped them get through the depression.

You guys ever think there would be a possibilty of us seeing a "From Dusk Till Dawn Maze"?

HHN Orlando had a direct rip-off house based on "From Dusk Till Dawn" in 2005 called "Demon Cantina". It was pretty decent. They had clips from the movie playing while waiting in line. Here is the facade:

90864430.jpg

Notice the vomiting vampire animatronic to the left of the facade lol

HHN Orlando had a direct rip-off house based on "From Dusk Till Dawn" in 2005 called "Demon Cantina". It was pretty decent. They had clips from the movie playing while waiting in line. Here is the facade:

90864430.jpg

Notice the vomiting vampire animatronic to the left of the facade lol

VERY cool, thanks for sharing!

Maybe one day in Hollywood.

It would be awesome for Murdy to work with Rodriguez or Tarrantino.

God forbid we EVER see him work with Marilyn Manson...that would be too painful for me. LOL!