HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Don't rule out the possibility just yet, JAWS does have a sequel coming out in 2015...

Jaws19.jpg

A jaws maze could work. Wharf and seaside setting. Lots of shark victim monsters. A couple of mechanical or puppet shark scares.

I mean.. picture it. You're walking across a narrow catwalk thats very close to a pool of inky black, apparently deep water... and then BOOM Giant shark puppet bursts out of the water. I would die.

Because everyone is asking for an encore (or quite possibly no one):

Retired Mecha-Shark VS Zombie Quint: The Maze

In honor of the original film that created a wide spread fear of swimming in the ocean and the upcoming Blu-Ray release of JAWS, John Murdy has announced the property to end all properties at Halloween Horror Nights: Retired Mecha-Shark VS Zombie Quint. Take one disgruntled Amity attraction from Orlando Universal, pair it up with crusty, zombiefied fisherman Quint, and you will be immersed in the ultimate throwdown of horrors!!

SEE Bruce the Mechanical Shark eat scareactors resembling Universal upper management!

FEEL the spray of Zombie Quint's slurred, alcohol induced lengthy speeches just before he devours shark and human flesh!

HEAR the screams of lispy-voiced Hooper as he gets caught between Bruce the Shark and Quint's calls for "HOOPA"!

LISTEN to the amazing JAWS soundtrack as the actual composer, John Williams, sits in the corner of the maze, playing the JAWS theme on the TUBA!

FEEL THE TERROR as you cross the finale scene of the maze--a scareactor skillfully moving the actual prop shark from Orlando left and right, up and down with Zombie Quint in the shark's mouth, biting back at the discarded attraction.

Will Bruce the Mechanical Shark, turn Zombie? Will Zombie Quint get his revenge? Wait for the sequel maze in 2013!!

**Apologies ahead of time to Freak (the spanker) and Grindhouse for continuing this JAWS "thread within a thread" :blink:

Edited by AsylumSB

So far, im my view, everything about this event is shaping up nicely. In this thread (including my posts), La Llorona and Alice Cooper were not total surprises and the changes in both mazes appear to be a step up in both originality and bulding on what was already successful. In seeing this trend, I would expect nothing less than what Universal can do with a TCM maze (if it is to come to fruition).

With what's been announced so far, I'm really hoping Quigley is something REALLY out of left field that's not TCM. If it is TCM, I wouldn't be surprised if Knott's outdoes HHN this year from all of the repeated themes this year. Please give us something huge!

*One week later* NEW MAZE ANNOUNCED! Freddy VS. Jason: Battle of Doom!

Ehhh, TCM sounds really good actually.

With what's been announced so far, I'm really hoping Quigley is something REALLY out of left field that's not TCM. If it is TCM, I wouldn't be surprised if Knott's outdoes HHN this year from all of the repeated themes this year. Please give us something huge!

*One week later* NEW MAZE ANNOUNCED! Freddy VS. Jason: Battle of Doom!

Ehhh, TCM sounds really good actually.

I hope so...

I'm sure the mazes will be better than we are expecting too. This happens every year, we all get mad at too frustrated repeated themes. The reason for this is because someone who is likely to come on a message board is going to be pretty passionate about the subject, and we hold Halloween Horror Nights at a very high standard. But at the end of the day, we just go to the event and have fun. Or at least I do. I've never let my disappointment that there aren't enough new themes ruin my time at horror nights.

That said, this year does seem to have more new than some previous years. The house of horrors and tram might be more different than any previous years, we are getting our first sequel and the directors cut of la llorona sounds promising enough. Also we are getting our first video game and television mazes.

One more thing, has anyone noticed that so far we have gotten a video game property, a television property, a music property and an original property. It seems the days of being focused on movies are behind us.

I'm sure the mazes will be better than we are expecting too. This happens every year, we all get mad at too frustrated repeated themes. The reason for this is because someone who is likely to come on a message board is going to be pretty passionate about the subject, and we hold Halloween Horror Nights at a very high standard. But at the end of the day, we just go to the event and have fun. Or at least I do. I've never let my disappointment that there aren't enough new themes ruin my time at horror nights.

This. I expected Friday the 13th to be just "meh" back in 2010. Turned out to be my favorite that year. I expected Hostel to be just a rehash of Saw; while it was in a way, I enjoyed it far more than I originally anticipated to. Because it's Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, like Nightcrawler said, we all hold the event on a very high standard thanks to Orlando. We want all-new content every year but they instead seem to be resting on their laurels and just repeat themes constantly. While it is annoying, at the end of the day, it's a theme park Halloween event. We go with our friends, get scared, have a good time, and enjoy the different worlds we are transported in. The moment we step into the world, all the cried of "REPEAT!" have mysteriously been left behind. Hopefully all of the new stuff Knott's is doing will put quite a bit of pressure on HHN to do better.

That said, this year does seem to have more new than some previous years. The house of horrors and tram might be more different than any previous years, we are getting our first sequel and the directors cut of la llorona sounds promising enough. Also we are getting our first video game and television mazes.

That's definitely true. While I and a few others here are irked about all of the repeated themes, it's definitely looking more "new" than last year. Hostel was a similar setting to Saw with the torture stuff, HoTC was bought back, the Wolfman was just House of Horrors, and Alice Cooper reused a lot of sets from previous houses. This year, the Mummy venue will be getting something different, T2 will be getting a new house, House of Horrors will be made over, and the repeat house will be getting some new scenes. Sounds like a lot of new content to me.

One more thing, has anyone noticed that so far we have gotten a video game property, a television property, a music property and an original property. It seems the days of being focused on movies are behind us.

I wouldn't dismiss the movies just yet. From here on out, I could see them do half and half (Movies to non-movies.)

This. I expected Friday the 13th to be just "meh" back in 2010. Turned out to be my favorite that year. I expected Hostel to be just a rehash of Saw; while it was in a way, I enjoyed it far more than I originally anticipated to. Because it's Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, like Nightcrawler said, we all hold the event on a very high standard thanks to Orlando. We want all-new content every year but they instead seem to be resting on their laurels and just repeat themes constantly. While it is annoying, at the end of the day, it's a theme park Halloween event. We go with our friends, get scared, have a good time, and enjoy the different worlds we are transported in. The moment we step into the world, all the cried of "REPEAT!" have mysteriously been left behind. Hopefully all of the new stuff Knott's is doing will put quite a bit of pressure on HHN to do better.

I hope so too. Knott's is even having a main Icon this year, to sort of tie in the mazes. Maybe HHN will try next year! :)

That's definitely true. While I and a few others here are irked about all of the repeated themes, it's definitely looking more "new" than last year. Hostel was a similar setting to Saw with the torture stuff, HoTC was bought back, the Wolfman was just House of Horrors, and Alice Cooper reused a lot of sets from previous houses. This year, the Mummy venue will be getting something different, T2 will be getting a new house, House of Horrors will be made over, and the repeat house will be getting some new scenes. Sounds like a lot of new content to me.

Don't forget new Terror Tram and a new maze in the JP Queue. This year almost feels like a transition year. But a freakin' awesome transition year! Things like the fact we are getting a new maze in both of the newest maze venues support that. To see how those venues can perform with new properties. Transistion into less Movie based attractions, and a transition into the new HOH revamp for HHN. I can't wait to see how this all turns out, even though this year might as well be called a stepping stone to future events. :)

I wouldn't dismiss the movies just yet. From here on out, I could see them do half and half (Movies to non-movies.)

I don't know Freak. 4 of the 6 mazes announced are non-movie based. A Video Game, A TV Show, An Album/Original maze and a fully Original maze. That leaves Quigley as a movie, which is confirmed, TT is most likely a movie, but who knows, and HOH is most likely original. So out of 7 mazes/attractions, 5 are non-movie based. Seems we got our wish, in a different form this year. :)

Edited by Hauntfan

^Silent Hill seems to be more based on the video game. They said in the announcement video "Bringing the video game world of Silent Hill to life" I'm just paraphrasing, but they didn't even mention the Silent Hill movies. So I'll stand by my 5 non movie based mazes this year. :)

When John leaves I'm sure the event will be fine, and it would probably be a nice change for the event, somebody to see it with fresh eyes. Although I will miss the way he runs things. :(