HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

^Here ya Go! :)

Go to Videos and search Film Competition, they should all be on there.

They don't have 2011 which was the year I was looking for. :P

^While that is true, they still have to erect the sets. It could be possible they have built sites off site as well. But you're logic is probably more likely right now.

Murdy said they build them off site first. :o I'm sure that still happens now.

^Yup. The Hospital, if we get one like Orlando, will be reused WTMN/SAW sets and the same with other scenes.

Don't forget Silent Hill. Just watching the movie, you can bet your bottom dollar they will reuse all of the school sets from NoES as well as the dogs from Hostel. I'm sure they'll also reuse some trees for Walking Dead.

On a side-note, when I have gone to USH, I have always noticed a large wall inside the black tent where WD is supposed to be. I wonder if that will be the barn facade.

Idk if I'm upset with the reusing of sets.

If the mazes are expanding each year, reusing the sets is a good thing as they have more time to focus on other sets, right? And it's not like they reuse it exactly the same from the previous years. They change it up a bit to match the maze.

^If you've been to any maze at Knott's, Universal Orlando or Universal Studios Hollywood. You've experienced reused sets. It's just a reality. Budget constraints force designers to reuse sets from previous mazes and re-purpose others. If you never noticed it before, you won't this year. :)

^If you've been to any maze at Knott's, Universal Orlando or Universal Studios Hollywood. You've experienced reused sets. It's just a reality. Budget constraints force designers to reuse sets from previous mazes and re-purpose others. If you never noticed it before, you won't this year. :)

I know they reuse sets all the time, but I don't personally see it as a problem.

I don't think it downgrades the maze or the feel of the room.

To me, it only feels like it gives them more time to work on other, possibly more important rooms.

I know they reuse sets all the time, but I don't personally see it as a problem.

I don't think it downgrades the maze or the feel of the room.

To me, it only feels like it gives them more time to work on other, possibly more important rooms.

I agree. It doesn't bother me too much as long as it meshes with the environment it's it and doesn't look forced (A lot of the sets in the AC maze last year felt a tad "thrown in" to me). Like you said, it allows the creative team to have a better budget of what they want to do.

Have you noticed that a lot of the houses have some sort of thematic relation to each other? Walking Dead, Silent Hill, and Alice Cooper Goes to Hell: What theme do all three of these share? Apocalypse/End of the world. It's 2012 and it would be too good to not pass that up. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this year will have some sort of theme to tie the event together. Even if there is no "main icon", at least the event could have a logical theme that makes sense.

Have you noticed that a lot of the houses have some sort of thematic relation to each other? Walking Dead, Silent Hill, and Alice Cooper Goes to Hell: What theme do all three of these share? Apocalypse/End of the world. It's 2012 and it would be too good to not pass that up. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this year will have some sort of theme to tie the event together. Even if there is no "main icon", at least the event could have a logical theme that makes sense.

Seems kinda coincidental.

I mean, we (the fans), took the survey and said what we wanted for next year. WD is popular right now, so it makes sense. Silent Hill, everyone has always wanted and there's a new movie, so that makes sense too. Then John has three Alice Cooper mazes planned already, I think Goes To Hell was just another coincidence.

Plus assuming La Llorona and Texas Chainsaw Massacre are next to be released, the theme's kinda off. :P

I mean, I'd hope there would be an underlying theme in all of it, but I don't think Hollywood would carry it through very far.

They'd have to go through a lot to match it all up, including Terror Tram, Scare Zones, possibly the icon, even the slogan.

Murdy already denied it having an end of the world theme. I think that was back in the magic 8 ball questions. And then someone mentioned Silent Hill isn't really apocalyptic (I wouldn't know, not a nerd of it).

I doubt we are getting an end of the world theme, but I think he only confirmed no Mayan themed Apocalypse event. Even though that theme is not likely, we all know how specific John takes our questions so he can avoid real answers. ;)

Not making a new slogan was really weak, and to add insult to injury "What fear fears most" was the worst slogan they have ever had. It's not very hard to make a slogan at all. There should be a new one every year, there isn't really any excuse. It may seem like a minor point, but it annoys me.

• Like 2

Theme is hard to do, I kinda understand but I think it's doable with there being an entire year to plan for it.

No new slogan is just... like... WTF? Also, no new commercial last year either. Marketing must've been a bunch of hacks. Didn't even promote Scream. How stoopid do they gotta be?!

"What fear fears most" was the worst slogan they have ever had.

Joking about this slogan for Hollywood was too easy in 2010, especially with the Orlando's last minute icon change to "FEAR". I always said that 'what FEAR fears most' was a remake of 2008's event in 2010 with remakes (and a knock-off of 2004's Castle Vampyr).

I'm sure 2010 was good, but from the outside, it just looked like a rehash of 2008.

Theme is hard to do, I kinda understand but I think it's doable with there being an entire year to plan for it.

No new slogan is just... like... WTF? Also, no new commercial last year either. Marketing must've been a bunch of hacks. Didn't even promote Scream. How stoopid do they gotta be?!

Pretty stupid :P

Every time somebody asks Murdy why he does movie properties, he always says they are easy to market. The marketing people must be lazy!

Edited by Hauntfan

From what I can find, Knotts is theming the log ride to the Evil Dead 2013 remake. That is a pretty huge get for Knotts and yes, probably does mean we can count out Evil Dead popping up at USH, unless the rights to the original series are completely separate. I suppose this could be the case and Army of Darkness was released by Universal (although other company's clearly own the DVD rights). In any case, I wouldn't hold my breath in expectation of anything Evil Dead related at Uni. Bummer.

Well... I have a lot to say about Evil Dead... first and foremost...

1) Universal, HOW THE HELL COULD YOU NOT GET THE RIGHTS TO THIS BUT... Knotts... Berry... Farm.... DID?!

2) Not only did they obtain they rights, they somehow convinced them, "oh no, not a maze, let's just throw it in the log ride where it barely fits." It won't even be a decent replication of the movie! Apparently the ones with the rights weren't hard to convince!

3) Evil Dead wasn't in the running this year. Never once believed it was coming. But next year?! All chances have been practically obliterated. We probably won't see Evil Dead become the full fledged maze with movie set quality the way it should be and it's a damn shame.

4) Or possibly... Evil Dead was Amok. And somehow, went to KSF. Which is probably why it's not a maze. And figuring they had no plans for the log ride, decided to throw it in there.

I'm pissed Universal didn't jump at this or take the bait a whole lot sooner, original or remake. I'm glad I'll get to see an Evil Dead attraction... but made by KSF?! Psh. It's my favorite damn horror movie ever so that's why I'm convinced on going to KSF now after SWEARING I wouldn't. It could be totally crappy and I'd probably still go. Well... that's a lie. Considering it IS the remake, and if there's NO monsters inside and if it gets REALLY bad reviews, I may just stay away. I'm hoping for all of those factors. But back to USH...

This is shameful. Just... hard to believe... I'm so disappointed.