HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Murdy said they normally announce the scarezones and show with the dates so we can reasonably assume that the mazes will be announced before that. Anyone remember about what time dates were announced last year? They seem to keep to a pretty consistent schedule in that regard. I do feel like the announcements came faster towards the end last year but that might have been part of the The Thing getting put up too soon. Personally, I like tram and the scarezones the best so the mazes don't excite me as much. Personal preference,

I remember Murdy saying that scarezones and dates are announced together but I instantly was like... WHA?! In 2010, Klownz & Lunaticz were both announced before we even knew 2 or 3 of the mazes. La Llorona had her own announcement, again, before all the mazes were released. But also, this was a craptastic year in regards to press releases.

And great! Now you guys jinxed tomorrow by acknowledging Freak's timing. Now our next PR will be August 19th! AHHHHHHH!!!

We've been getting a bit off track from speculation recently. If anyone has anything to discuss about the event before the hiatus, please discuss it in the pre-hiatus sub forums. Thanks! :) Try to make sure all of your posts contribute to speculation.

So I just got back from the park. No announcement apparently since I was gone so I guess the streak has been broken. :P Before you weep over the lack of an announcement, I have a special house construction update I have to share with you all soon. Silent Hill's facade is going up as well as Walking Dead's. Silent Hill looks like it's going to be the largest house in the Mummy venue. AC is coming along very nicely. I even heard that some Robbie the Rabbit dolls went in there. Stay tuned in the construction thread!

P.S. - If you're reading this Dr. Satan, it was great seeing you today!

We've been getting a bit off track from speculation recently. If anyone has anything to discuss about the event before the hiatus, please discuss it in the pre-hiatus sub forums. Thanks! :) Try to make sure all of your posts contribute to speculation.

So I just got back from the park. No announcement apparently since I was gone so I guess the streak has been broken. :P Before you weep over the lack of an announcement, I have a special house construction update I have to share with you all soon. Silent Hill's facade is going up as well as Walking Dead's. Silent Hill looks like it's going to be the largest house in the Mummy venue. AC is coming along very nicely. I even heard that some Robbie the Rabbit dolls went in there. Stay tuned in the construction thread!

Where was the facade facing, the same location, or the opposite side, where the line now enters?

^Crap! Hope its not just a U turn again. I guess it could still exit at the back of the area. But the good thing is is that the Facade will be able to be quite large as we saw with Hostel, I don't think it could've if it was at the back of the venue. The facade their is one of our only Sound Stage quality facades besides WWW Venue and the Terminator Queue.

That's true but 3 out of 5 aint bad! HoH also has a sound stage quality facade (even better really since it's perm) but it's just not super exciting to us since we see it all the time. I'm sure to people who are new to Uni are blown away by it. I also don't mind the smaller facades used in JP and Shrek. They aren't as grand in scale but I think they do a very nice job with them. La Llorona and WTMN had very rad facades IMO.

^They were my favorite facades last year. Simple but effective ;). The lighting on the facades helped loads though.

From Twitter on Silent Hill

Yes it's behind the Mummy but reversed (meaning you'll enter from the side facing the starway and exit down by Transformers).

Now I'm really confused as to where the facade will be, lol. Unless he's talking about the queue and exit and not the actually maze entrance, but it sounds like he means the maze entrance.

Edited by Hauntfan

^^Yup, allowing for no frickin' U-Turn, and everyone here knows how much I hate that frickin' U-Turn!!!! :P

Wonder where the line queue's gonna be at o.o

By the Jurassic Park drop over on the road under the Starway

Edited by Hauntfan

^I've noticed Uni always changes their smoking areas. Simpsons is there for HHN but not the day. That's probably one reason a lot of rude people just smoke wherever they want to in the park. That and they're just plain rude.

On topic: John just walked through Alice Cooper, he said its going to be wild. I'm excited! :)

^WWW Venue stands for the Wild Wild West Venue. It used to house a Wild West Stunt Show, until 2002 I think. It's been used for:

Friday the 13th (2007/2008)

Halloween (2009)

Friday the 13th (2010)

The Thing (2011)

The Walking Dead (2012)

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to HHN?

So just heard that they are having a press event for the JAWS Blu-Ray release on the Universal backlot. I'll be going to the park tomorrow so that means there is for sure going to be an announcement for HHN. :rolleyes: I'll try to snap a few construction pics while I'm at it.

Looking forward to Freaks report regarding the JAWS Blu-Ray in conjunction with Halloween Horror Nights!:

Retired Mecha-Shark VS Zombie Quint: The Maze

In honor of the original film that created a wide spread fear of swimming in the ocean and the upcoming Blu-Ray release of JAWS, John Murdy has announced the property to end all properties at Halloween Horror Nights: Retired Mecha-Shark VS Zombie Quint. Take one disgruntled Amity attraction from Orlando Universal, pair it up with crusty, zombiefied fisherman Quint, and you will be immersed in the ultimate throwdown of horrors!!

SEE Bruce the Mechanical Shark eat scareactors resembling Universal upper management!

FEEL the spray of Zombie Quint's slurred, alcohol induced lengthy speeches just before he devours shark and human flesh!

HEAR the screams of lispy-voiced Hooper as he gets caught between Bruce the Shark and Quint's calls for "HOOPA"!

LISTEN to the amazing JAWS soundtrack as the actual composer, John Williams, sits in the corner of the maze, playing the JAWS theme on the TUBA!

FEEL THE TERROR as you cross the finale scene of the maze--a scareactor skillfully moving the actual prop shark from Orlando left and right, up and down with Zombie Quint in the shark's mouth, biting back at the discarded attraction.

Will Bruce the Mechanical Shark, turn Zombie? Will Zombie Quint get his revenge? Wait for the sequel maze in 2013!!

^Yeah I saw that. But honestly, it's amazing to see how fast they build the mazes. This is around the time AC started last year, and I remember it sprung up so fast I couldn't believe it.

That's because at east half of the entire maze was all reused sets from other houses from previous years (F13 with Steven's room, the asylum sets from Halloween and Saw, and the schoolroom sets from NoES). If it's taking them this long, then that tells me that the venue this year will utilize a lot of reused sets.