HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

The Director really told the best story that made the most sense. And had the best website. Its amazing that we had such an awesome website in 2006 (AND with an official fake myspace profile for the Icon) and now look at where we are, internet wise.

Let's try to get back on track here guys. :) Great joke DTH!

So Murdy has confirmed that the Western Street is no longer a go anymore. Sounds like we will be getting four or five scarezones. I'd rather have four REALLY good sczrezones than five that looked like they didn't care putting effort into it.

So Murdy has confirmed that the Western Street is no longer a go anymore. Sounds like we will be getting four or five scarezones. I'd rather have four REALLY good sczrezones than five that looked like they didn't care putting effort into it.

I agree 100% that the less scarezones they have the better they could turn out. HHNO is a perfect example of having to many SZ and most of the time they only have 2 or maybe 3 good ones out of 7 or 8 SZ. I understand HHNO has more space to do more, but most of their SZ were poorly put together.

HHNO is a perfect example of having to many SZ and most of the time they only have 2 or maybe 3 good ones out of 7 or 8 SZ. I understand HHNO has more space to do more, but most of their SZ were poorly put together.

the Orlando event only has 6 scarezones, thats been this was since 2008 (the 3 non-listed areas don't count for right now). The reason why any of the scarezones seem to be "poorly put together" is due to budget cuts/higher-up interference (or what worked on paper, didn't work out in reality). Just because there is more space, doesn't mean Orlando gets to do more, like i said, budget cuts/higher-ups come into play.

This year will be different due to the Superstar Parade & the construction (Transformers & WWOHP 2.0 <_< ). We have 7 listed SZs this year & "roaming zombies." The parade prevents there being fully themed scarezones in NY, Production Central, & Hollywood (parade route) since it has show stops to perform. So they'll have to revert back to only scareactors, fog & lighting. There are areas that can allow for normal fully themed scarezones, but as of right now, i'd only expect to see maybe 2-3 out of those 7 (that is being generous).

One of the main things we've noticed about Orlando's scarezones is that, while they're well themed, they keep decreasing in size. We'll have a SZ in a nicely sized street, but the SZ will only use 1/4 of the street. <_<

Regarding Hollywood's drop in scarezone count, it is a little surprising. I can understand the lower lot being "busier" this year due to Transformers, but to lose an area in the upper lot seems odd to me.

The upper lot area they are losing has barely been a scarezone. All its had in recent years is the GoGos and the living statue. It'll probably remain as such, but John has mentioned that he might not refer to it as a scarezone anymore because its not.

Despite the popularity of Transformers, I keep hearing that there should be a scarezone on the lower lot. If we don't see one, then I guess the fire marshal got their foot in the door somewhere along the process.

If we're only getting three scarezones, I wonder if it's a possibility that we could have a few roaming scareactors throughout the park. I don't mean have those actors from the Terror Tram just roam the park after the attraction closes, but have a handful of roaming monsters before the TT actors begin roaming (Have a couple of bushmen and have a few zombies roam the western area, the front of Terminator, and the Bill and Ted area.

I looked back at 2008's event map and saw 7 scarezones.. one of which is the "entrance", which is also the first time they seemed to classify it as a SZ.

KEW0A.jpg

So looking at this and then, then last year's event map, its hard to imagine that there has been a decrease in numbers.

Is there a reason why they didn't use the area next to Wild Wild West last year?

Is the area around Animal Actors not useable (again)?

• Like 1

the Orlando event only has 6 scarezones, thats been this was since 2008 (the 3 non-listed areas don't count for right now). The reason why any of the scarezones seem to be "poorly put together" is due to budget cuts/higher-up interference (or what worked on paper, didn't work out in reality). Just because there is more space, doesn't mean Orlando gets to do more, like i said, budget cuts/higher-ups come into play.

This year will be different due to the Superstar Parade & the construction (Transformers & WWOHP 2.0 <_< ). We have 7 listed SZs this year & "roaming zombies." The parade prevents there being fully themed scarezones in NY, Production Central, & Hollywood (parade route) since it has show stops to perform. So they'll have to revert back to only scareactors, fog & lighting. There are areas that can allow for normal fully themed scarezones, but as of right now, i'd only expect to see maybe 2-3 out of those 7 (that is being generous).

One of the main things we've noticed about Orlando's scarezones is that, while they're well themed, they keep decreasing in size. We'll have a SZ in a nicely sized street, but the SZ will only use 1/4 of the street. <_<

Regarding Hollywood's drop in scarezone count, it is a little surprising. I can understand the lower lot being "busier" this year due to Transformers, but to lose an area in the upper lot seems odd to me.

I ment to say 6 or 7 SZ, I made a mistake.

Now there is speculation about only having 3 SZ at HHN.

Is there a reason why they didn't use the area next to Wild Wild West last year?

From Murdy's Twitter:

@ironkiller6876 No..its food and retail land now. When the street got changed it no longer worked as a zone

They could use it, but the budget won't allow any more scarezones; besides, the only scarezone that took place there was "The Strangers". It was the three strangers and nothing more than that. Like I said, they could have some roaming scareactors around that area.

So looking at this and then, then last year's event map, its hard to imagine that there has been a decrease in numbers.

The Western Street has the facades, that contained the area where the maze is located, torn down for easier use for Grinchmas, so that area belongs to food and retail now and isn't much of a street anymore.

The Animal Actors area was more of roaming scareactors, only a few, portraying The Strangers.

Damn food & retail! Seriously though... who needs to eat & buy regular park crap at HHN? :P

Ah i figured that might be all it was. And oh yay... budget constraints... Yea, you're right... roaming scareactors seems to be the most logical option, especially because you can spread them out a little more and add random fog machines.

Who knows DTH hasn't said anything yet muaahahahahahah!

The upper lot area they are losing has barely been a scarezone. All its had in recent years is the GoGos and the living statue. It'll probably remain as such, but John has mentioned that he might not refer to it as a scarezone anymore because its not.

yeah wasnt realy a scarzone all it real;y did was asorbe chainsaw gangs from new york street, it realy is more part of new york anyways no worrys