HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Hellraiser does take place in london and Dick Smith did make up for a movie called "Ghost Story" this was on of his creations

faceless-ghost-from-ghost-story-1981-21293975.jpg

and here is a Cenobite from the first Hellraiser

chatterbox.jpg

so maybe

Hellraiser is a British/American Film, it does take place in london but the main characters are American.

Good work. That's the kind of Dick Smith inspiration I was talking about. Just put the 2 together. If it's wrong, I still think it's damn close.

All the places keeping up with the codenames don't have the updated country hint, which is VERY UNFORTUNATE. Or maybe I dreamed the "2 countries, 3 in one country" thing. Either way, Amok was taken out of contention 2 weeks after the country clue was given so it's no longer valid.

HOWEVER, even if we examined the "3 countries, 2 in the same country," that would in no way count out any more mazes based in the US.

You could have 2 in one country, 1 in one country and 3 in another country. That third could be the US. Remember, there are at least SIX mazes, one of them being the oddball HOH. Plus there's the argument that some mazes don't even exist in this universe... or whatever.

As for Hellraiser... are you guys totally forgetting? It was just last year Murdy said he's waiting for the remake since Hellraiser is 1) not as relevant as it used to be 2) the movies went DTV after part 3 in the early 90s 3) they never made much money in the first place 4) it doesn't score high on surveys. I highly doubt it'll happen... but it's definitely in the running whenever the remake comes out.

Good work. That's the kind of Dick Smith inspiration I was talking about. Just put the 2 together. If it's wrong, I still think it's damn close.

thank you it just hit me lol I was thinking of Hellraiser and I remembered Ghost story.

All the places keeping up with the codenames don't have the updated country hint, which is VERY UNFORTUNATE. Or maybe I dreamed the "2 countries, 3 in one country" thing. Either way, Amok was taken out of contention 2 weeks after the country clue was given so it's no longer valid.

Well Freak is updated the Cheat Sheet as of June and kept the 3 different countries and 2 in the same, and Freak's the one that keeps up most with the twitter (if not he has to spank himself) so In my book Im shooting for either "Hellraiser" or "La Llorona" (She does kinda look like the girl from the exorcist)

and to be honest I would like that WAY better then poltergiest and come on every knows pin-head if not by name by the dude with the needle in his head.

As for Hellraiser... are you guys totally forgetting? It was just last year Murdy said he's waiting for the remake since Hellraiser is 1) not as relevant as it used to be 2) the movies went DTV after part 3 in the early 90s 3) they never made much money in the first place 4) it doesn't score high on surveys. I highly doubt it'll happen... but it's definitely in the running whenever the remake comes out.

Always someone trying to shatter those dreams...haha jk. That is a point though, however I think Hellraiser is a lot more relevant then Poltergeist and a lot more cool then La Llorona. Everyone knows Pinhead. The remake keeps getting held back. Who knows when we'll get it. Meanwhile, opinions change and new business opportunities come up.

I wouldn't count out La Llorona. If anything, several countries makes it a stronger possibility. However, Woman in Black seems more likely too, given it's in the UK.

But I'm thinking of it this way... if me remembering "2 countries, 3 in the same one" thing is correct.

US:

Silent Hill

Walking Dead

Texas Chainsaw Masscare

UK:

Woman in Black

House of Horrors

Alice Cooper Goes to Hell

That's a good line up, if ya ask me.

And yeah Grind, looks like Freak has to spank himself lmao

You can check here for the exact dates of the Tweets Murdy sent out:

http://hhnaddict.com/2012-hhn-hollywood-codes/

The countries tweets is one of the first shown in the "hints section."

Then Amok being cancelled is more toward the bottom.

Edited by DTH316

Always someone trying to shatter those dreams...haha jk. That is a point though, however I think Hellraiser is a lot more relevant then Poltergeist and a lot more cool then La Llorona. Everyone knows Pinhead. The remake keeps getting held back. Who knows when we'll get it. Meanwhile, opinions change and new business opportunities come up.

I wouldn't count out La Llorona. If anything, several countries makes it a stronger possibility. However, Woman in Black seems more likely too, given it's in the UK.

But I'm thinking of it this way... if me remembering "2 countries, 3 in the same one" thing is correct.

US:

Silent Hill

Walking Dead

Texas Chainsaw Masscare

UK:

Woman in Black

House of Horrors

Alice Cooper Goes to Hell

That's a good line up, if ya ask me.

And yeah Grind, looks like Freak has to spank himself lmao

You can check here for the exact dates of the Tweets Murdy sent out:

http://hhnaddict.com...ollywood-codes/

The countries tweets is one of the first shown in the "hints section."

Then Amok being cancelled is more toward the bottom.

Well Im still pulling for Hellraiser or La Llorona those are the only two that make sense with hints and take place outside and Im still rulling out TCM was there a tweet re-arranging I tweeted murdy asking see if he responds.

my guess for this year

The US-

Walking Dead

Silent Hill

England or Mexico-

Hellraiser or La Llorona

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell-

Not On Earth, Hell

and Quigly-

Some other Country

I'm going to throw another barricade in front of Hellraiser. In the Magic 8 Ball questions, someone asked if there's children actually in Suffer Little Children, which Murdy confirmed. There's no kids in Hellraiser. But as you know, tons of kids in La Llorona and The Woman in Black.

Just looking at the pages of speculation you guys are making on Quigley being Hellraiser and The Smiths being Children of the Corn or Woman in Black, I think you guys need to humble your expectations a little bit. ;) This is HHN Hollywood we're talking about. The event loves to rehash other themes from previous years. That should give you some insight as to what the last two will be. I'm just saying this because you all are probably going to start making "Jennifer's Body would've been better than *insert maze name here*" threads if the announcements fall below your expectations.

• Like 2

Freak you have a lot of experience in predicting mazes and are right about the number of properties being brought up for mazes. It does not matter to me what the last two mazes are cause i have only been to HHNH once in 2010. Personally i just hope TCM is not this year cause i have had my share on TCM haunts living in Texas. I understand HHN is known to repeat mazes from the past. What do you think the last 2 mazes are?

I'm going to throw another barricade in front of Hellraiser. In the Magic 8 Ball questions, someone asked if there's children actually in Suffer Little Children, which Murdy confirmed. There's no kids in Hellraiser. But as you know, tons of kids in La Llorona and The Woman in Black.

Probably no Hellraiser then. Unless, you would consider the main actress a child. She was probably a younger teen, but when does someone stop being a child? At what age?

So what if we are way off. What if "suffer little children" is wait for it ............... Children of the Corn!!!!!! OMFG that would be fun

I also would have liked to see a maze based on Hellraiser. DTH is right. The magic 8 ball question does rule out Hellraiser. What are some movies that children suffer in?

I hate to say it but Freddy (NOES) made children suffer.

^We we're looking for movies outside the U.S. Both Nightmare on Elm Street and Children of the Corn are in the US.

Just looking at the pages of speculation you guys are making on Quigley being Hellraiser and The Smiths being Children of the Corn or Woman in Black, I think you guys need to humble your expectations a little bit. ;) This is HHN Hollywood we're talking about. The event loves to rehash other themes from previous years. That should give you some insight as to what the last two will be. I'm just saying this because you all are probably going to start making "Jennifer's Body would've been better than *insert maze name here*" threads if the announcements fall below your expectations.

We were basing "Suffer Little Children" on being Hellraiser. Your probably right. We should humble our expectations a bit. I'm not gonna deny that we found some damn good clues though. Go back and look at the pictures GrindhouseHero found for the Dick Smith inspiration relation to a cenobyte.

Edited by manbeast

First of all, Silent Hill technically takes place in an alternate plain of reality and more acturately, inside the minds of the main characters - not an actual American town. This has been revealed in the video games but I'm not sure if it is clear in the film franchise.

Second of all, Hellraiser (novella AND movie) definitely takes place in England. I had a long conversation with Mr. Barker about the first Hellraiser film back when I worked his maze Harvest in the pre-hiatus days of HHN. He actually came in every night - and most nights took time to give the maze cast pep talks (actual Clive quote on opening night: "the people that go through this maze are not park guests. They are your PREY! They are your victims! DO NOT let them out alive." awesome.) and was totally down to just hang out and chat with a bunch of genre nerds (like me). It was really cool. At any rate, I asked him basically this very question (because, yes, it is kind of confusing what with all the American characters) and he told me that it was indeed shot AND set in England. So there's that.

Third of all, I think a Hellraiser maze would be so fucking awesome. But I don't really see it happening this year. Clive definitely needs to get involved with HHN again though. His original mazes pre hiatus (like the aforementioned Harvest) were really really cool. That one was like Alien meets some fucked up zombie movie and featured, among other things, a huge pulsating alien vagina that sprayed "fluid" onto passing guests.

Final thought - If they did a TCM maze that was based heavily upon the first two films I think it would actually be pretty damn awesome. I know that it would be revisiting a theme but it could be VERY different than the old remake-centric TCM houses. Creating all the iconic scenes from the original and then adding some stuff from TCM 2 (which is super different in tone but really really awesome) could make for a totally rad attraction. And I will be absolutely SHOCKED if the Woman in Black is a maze. Not that the movie wasn't good but come on people. Just get good with the return of La Llorona already. I'd way rather have that back than a WIB maze. And one returning maze is nbd. On that token, TCM (if it is like I hope it is) and Alice Cooper are not repeat mazes. Revisitation of theme? Yes. Repeats? Definitely not.

• Like 1

Was it ever said that there had to be children suffering? It says the song' suffer little children' reveals the theme to the maze. That song is based off of the Moore murders. Yes children were killed but maybe its less related? Maybe for example its could be about murders in England. I don't know. I just don't remember heating that there had to be children actually suffering. I was under the impression that it was the theme. The Moore murders could give a larger spectrum of themes than just children suffering.

I know we have a lot of new people on this board so they're not as experienced in the "older guys" guesses because simply they might not have read Murdy's tweets for the last 2 years or so like we have. But our guesses are formed upon Murdy's tweets, which are often seen as guidelines. For example, in a regular conversation, Children of the Corn would never be brought up.

1) We know Stephen King does not let Haunts use his work for any reason whatsoever. Don't know why, he just doesn't.

2) Kids are the issue and would have to be cast as little people. Little people are usually working too often and there's been bad experience at HHN during the Chucky Terror Tram. Pretty much, Murdy won't use them in bulk. Maybe a handful but certainly not an entire cast of them.

3) Children of the Corn is not even an option because it's Children of the freakin' Corn. It was a bad movie back then and an even worse movie now. I think every single one of those after the first one went straight to video. Popularity and relevance are major key factors. Even among horror fans, these films aren't looked at in high regard. They're basically cruddy horror films for teens to watch with no prior knowledge of the previous films on sleepover nights.

But all points should've stopped once the fact that it's a Stephen King work is known.

And this isn't just to bash ya guys. We love the fact more people are coming to the site. It makes conversation more fun. But every once and awhile, things like this slip into the conversation and somehow gains traction, resulting in full blown PAGES about something that just isn't that feasible. So for the uninitiated, here are the general rules Murdy laid out in the past and the rules pretty much STILL stick to this day (I'll add in some exception rules that this board has noticed):

1) Brand recognition. How popular is this franchise with mainstream audiences TODAY? Box office, DVD sales, fan bases, multiple movies, capable of merchandising.

2) Recreatable environments. How scary would it be to go through these scenes in person? Are they out of the ordinary?

3) Icon material. How recognizable is the villain? Is it plausible to even have actors play them?

Here's some additional rules we've noticed:

- Most importantly, is the property SCARY? There's a lot of horror movies that just don't provide the frights.

- Is there a popular director who might throw their name on the project? For example, Eli Roth, Rob Zombie, Clive Barker. These are recognizable names but they aren't insane famous and are apart of the genre, unlike Steven Spielberg or Tim Burton. They're also not brand names like Sean S. Cunningham or Patrick Lussier. Both important people to the genre but most people can't necessarily identify them by name.

- Classic monsters don't fair well with modern day audiences.

- Is Murdy a mega-fan of it? Alice Cooper instantly comes to mind. You'd be hard pressed to say Alice Cooper is any of the things listed above. Not saying EVERYTHING he's a fan of happens, but it seems to have certainly helped in this situation.

- Cross promotions whether it be in theaters or DVD. Has to be something with a somewhat built in audience. For example, My Bloody Valentine was a remake, Wolfman and The Thing were remakes. Saw was on it's 6th film.

- Is it by Lionsgate? Apparently they have a good relationship with that studio because every year since 2009, multiple films from Lionsgate have been represented.

- Creature features are harder to do but not impossible. However, this rules out mega-monsters.

- Strike while the iron is hot.

- As stated above, no Stephen King. Ever.

- Is it cost effective and was it popular enough last year to bring back?

I think they were trying to make the Smiths be Hellraiser, Children of the Corn and Woman in Black. Admittedly, I added that last one back in the pot because it's more likely to happen and fits way better with the clues. I think even Hellraiser is a bit of a stretch right now. Although, I'm almost 100% certain it's La Llorona. I think everyone's main focus should be to figure out Quigley!!!!

Edited by DTH316

^Quigley is the one I'm paying attention to. My gut is 100% certain La Llorona is coming back, so hopefully Qugley gives us something brand new, but I still haven't figured out what it is, lol.

Edit: Just read Murdy's tweets. Seems that we may only get 4 scarezones this year, unless they come up with some kind of replacement. He said he doesn't want to call the Main Entrance a scarezone because it is just the Go-Go dancers. And the former Western Street will not be a scarezone again this year.

Edited by Hauntfan

Well, I guess that's not that bad. It never was much of a scarezone anyway. Hopefully those in NY Street still come down to play though.

ALSO!!!! I want to point out to EVERYOOOOOOOOOOONE:

@HorrorNights so does the whole "3 counrties 2 in the same rule still apply?"

@FireXFist It got changed to 2 countries a while back

Universal Halloween@HorrorNights

@BigJimmy1223 We don't really feature icons in Hollywood its more the featured marketing property, which there is one

La Llorona will probably be back , but John has stated (twitter post above ^) there is a marketing icon this year - which will be Quigley.

Probably Leatherface in my opinion.

Eh... I don't really see Leatherface working as a main Icon like Ghostface last year. Most likely, the "Icon" marketing character will be attached to the Terror Tram.

Well, I guess that's not that bad. It never was much of a scarezone anyway. Hopefully those in NY Street still come down to play though.

I saw that too, looks like all those possibilities can come back...

Hi everybody I've been reading everything since December and it's interesting and happy about silent hill. If TCM is back wouldn't that be 3 or 2 times coming back to HHN. But hopefully if La lorona comes back it could have more rooms.

But does anybody know what the the main icon could be.

^So what are we pointing out now? Does everyone agree that we have our 2 mazes in the US already? Wouldn't that rule out TCM as a maze? I believe that's why speculation got heated overnight. I agree about the some of the other random mentioned mazes being ridiculous (coming from a newbie), but all I was saying is Hellraiser isn't so far out there. Likely? Probably not. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by manbeast

yeah thats me asking and what a blow to the kidney, but you gotta admit it wierdly fit, looks like some brought mr. king again *le sigh*

Im going with the return of La Llorona our at least hoping its not Poltergiest and freak you know what you have to do :(.