HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Was it ever said that there had to be children suffering? It says the song' suffer little children' reveals the theme to the maze. That song is based off of the Moore murders. Yes children were killed but maybe its less related? Maybe for example its could be about murders in England. I don't know. I just don't remember heating that there had to be children actually suffering. I was under the impression that it was the theme. The Moore murders could give a larger spectrum of themes than just children suffering.

According to a magic 8 ball thing on Murdy's Twitter, their are actual children in the movie. I think we ruled out Hellraiser.

According to a magic 8 ball thing on Murdy's Twitter, their are actual children in the movie. I think we ruled out Hellraiser.

Is the magic 8 ball thing really a good source. I mean he straight up lied about silent hill. And ya I didn't exactly mean hellraiser I just meant killings in England in general. Or anything that could fit into the theme.

^So what are we pointing out now? Does everyone agree that we have our 2 mazes in the US already? Wouldn't that rule out TCM as a maze? I believe that's why speculation got heated overnight. I agree about the some of the other random mentioned mazes being ridiculous (coming from a newbie), but all I was saying is Hellraiser isn't so far out there. Likely? Probably not. I'll leave it at that.

2 countries divided by 6 mazes wouldn't just strand 2 mazes into the US. In fact, that leaves up to possibly FIVE mazes in the US with one possibly just being Mexico and ofcourse that'd be La Llorona. But since we have "planes of nonexistance" to work with, Silent Hill and Alice Cooper both fall into that category. Technically, I suppose HOH might as well. But that still gives us 2 other mazes to take place in the US. One of them which is DEFINITELY the Walking Dead, since it's Atlanta. The other, I'm assuming, is going to be Texas Chainsaw Massacre which is Texas. Then lastly, the other country may be Mexico for La Llorona.

And Hellraiser isn't that far off, I agree. It's perfect maze fodder for HHN. Just unfortunately, none of the clues match it that well. Or at least it doesn't match Suffer Little Children. But feel free to mention ANY mazes you think are a possibility. It just saves much more time when they match the clues and are of better possibility.

Yeah, that definitely gets rid of it. I suppose it's still a possibility for Quigley. I suppose one could research how Eastwood and Reynolds may relate to the movie but I just don't think it'd be wise since it's not likely for this year.

Is the magic 8 ball thing really a good source. I mean he straight up lied about silent hill. And ya I didn't exactly mean hellraiser I just meant killings in England in general. Or anything that could fit into the theme.

He never lied about Silent Hill. He side stepped away from the question. Every time we've thought Murdy lied about something, we've always gone back and checked the source. The wording is immaculate. It's our interpretation of the wording that's the problem. To outsmart a carny, you have to think like a carny. As for the theme, I understand where you and Grind are coming from with the killings in England thing, but it seems y'all are missing a very important aspect of the clue. As some of you know, The Smiths isn't the actual codename for the maze. Murdy said the CLUE to the CODENAME/THEME (yeah, I know, that's ridiculous lol) was The Smiths and he then gave lyrics or song listings to figure out WHAT THE CODENAME IS. It was then discovered the codename/theme is the Smiths' song, "Suffer Little Children." He never said that the maze is about what the song is about, he just said the TITLE is the clue/theme of the maze. I know this might've got confusing so I apologize haha

Hi everybody I've been reading everything since December and it's interesting and happy about silent hill. If TCM is back wouldn't that be 3 or 2 times coming back to HHN. But hopefully if La lorona comes back it could have more rooms.

But does anybody know what the the main icon could be.

Welcome to HNN Undergod! :)

We usually don't have a "main icon", but we tend to have "marketing icons" these include, Freddy, Ghostface and Jigsaw. This year we will get one as well, but we are uncertain as to what it might be. The "Icon" will definitely be linked to either the maze codenamed 'Quigley' or the theme connected to the Terror Tram. It's highly unlikely La Llorona will be our "Icon" or whatever is in the HOH.

Are you sure that Murdy said that Quigley will be the face of the marketing campaign this year? Cause if that's true it's pretty much a given that TCM will be there this year.

Welcome to HNN Undergod! :)

We usually don't have a "main icon", but we tend to have "marketing icons" these include, Freddy, Ghostface and Jigsaw. This year we will get one as well, but we are uncertain as to what it might be. The "Icon" will definitely be linked to either the maze codenamed 'Quigley' or the theme connected to the Terror Tram. It's highly unlikely La Llorona will be our "Icon" or whatever is in the HOH.

He never flat out said Quigley is the marketing icon this year. This is where things can get misconstrued! Assuming what Murdy is saying. All we have is the simple words Murdy did IN FACT said. He said there will be a marketing icon this year, that's it. NOT that there's a marketing icon still coming. That could be an icon we're aware of already, like the Silent Hill nurse, Walking Dead zombies or victims (like The Thing last year was simply a victim of it) or Alice Cooper himself. That's three icons we have already who could be the entire face of what our event is. Might be disappointing or lame but I mean, Alice Cooper got more face time than Scream/Ghostface did last year so never expect more. Sure, Leatherface probably is the icon or the Terror Tram property is the icon but I just want to make it clear that it is indeed possible what we have and know already are possibly the icons for this year.

I miss when the event in fact DID have icons though instead of marketing ones. And when the event had THEMES. What's HHNH coming to these days? I know it was only a few years ago and they weren't that many years in succession, but I daresay 06 - 09 were the "glory days" in that department. Icons and themes, clearly put out. The Director, Jack, Freddy and Jigsaw. WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK TO THAT?!?!?!!

• Like 2

^Bring back the THEME! Honestly, lol.

My first year was 09, where Jigsaw was the main theme of the event. The park had a different feel than Knott's. And probably, a more terrifying feel. It felt like everywhere you turn you where inside of the main theme of the event. I loved that feeling so much, I didn't go to Knott's that year. Then waiting for the next year to roll around I find out, "Hey guys, we aren't going to do a theme anymore, just too much trouble, sorry" I was pissed!!! I liked Knott's better that year. Last year I liked them both equally, but man, if Universal had a REAL theme last year, it would have been a miles better event.

Hi everybody I've been reading everything since December and it's interesting and happy about silent hill. If TCM is back wouldn't that be 3 or 2 times coming back to HHN. But hopefully if La lorona comes back it could have more rooms.

But does anybody know what the the main icon could be.

welcome to the forums!

hey stepping down from maze talk you guys think that the Go-Gos will be nurses this year, I mean two mazes have nurses so why not.

welcome to the forums!

hey stepping down from maze talk you guys think that the Go-Gos will be nurses this year, I mean two mazes have nurses so why not.

What if the Smiths is actually Lady Gaga: Edge of Gorey? That would be an interesting featured theme and a maze. Suffer little Children could relate to how the children of her fans have to suffer from having to listen to her music and there could be a Dick Smith creation for the Gaga maze.

Imagine "Born This Way" playing at the gate. The Saw Twins could be the go-gos.

Oh, BTW, Gaga was on the survey you know. ;)

What if the Smiths is actually Lady Gaga: Edge of Gorey? That would be an interesting featured theme and a maze. Suffer little Children could relate to how the children of her fans have to suffer from having to listen to her music and there could be a Dick Smith creation for the Gaga maze.

Imagine "Born This Way" playing at the gate.

I will pretend I never heard this...

Woops... just realized you were criticizing her. It sounded like you thought that was a good idea...

Edited by JGmoney1996

Freak. Why do you make me sad? Please...no. No more.

But if he only said that there will be a marketing icon then it could be Alice Cooper or more likely The Walking Dead this year. TWD is really popular, as are zombies, so it makes the most sense. With that said, it's not a given that Quigley is TCM.

Quigley has given me the most trouble so far. I'm still convinced La Llarona will be there, but there's a good chance Quigley could be something out of nowhere that we just don't expect which I would love. I like surprises.

welcome to the forums!

Murdy confirmed that the nurses will not be go gos this year. He said they are scary and will be potrayed that way. And nurses kinda move around like they have arthritis so I don't see them fitting well as go go.

Btw, if tcm comes I doubt that leatherface will be icons. Whenever hhn has an icon, they usually use ones that talk, since it's easier to use for marketing and tt. Leatherface doesn't say much except the occasional grunt. My bet on who will be the icon this year would be Alice Cooper.

Imagine "Born This Way" playing at the gate. The Saw Twins could be the go-gos.

Oh, BTW, Gaga was on the survey you know. ;)

Stop Scaring me like that!!!!!!

Murdy confirmed that the nurses will not be go gos this year. He said they are scary and will be potrayed that way. And nurses kinda move around like they have arthritis so I don't see them fitting well as go go.

Not "The Nurses" from Silent Hill, just Nurses since two mazes have their verison of a nurse

That is no laughing matter........ just found this on Variety:

Los Angeles, CA

Saturday, July 28, 2012

12:00 AM

Fresh off the announcement that Lady Gaga's new album will be released this October and will be starring in 2013's "Machete Kills," theme park Universal Studios Hollywood has an announcement of their own. For 2012's annual Halloween Horror Nights, the multi-platinum recording artist will have a haunted attraction titled, "Lady Gaga: Monster." From her own imagination, this "maze" will feature the unique imagery and concepts that only Lady Gaga can deliver. Often known for her elaborate concert pieces and outlandish wardrobes, this promises to be a frightening Halloween experience like no other.

"Lady Gaga is this new generation's major showmen," creator director John Murdy explains, "and to have her paired up on the same bill with the original showmen, Alice Cooper, at Halloween Horror Nights is something I'm proud of." Just last week, Alice Cooper's own haunted attraction, "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D" was announced. "I want to show our fans that horror doesn't just relate to major movies," Murdy continues, "but there's also many seeds of horror within the music industry that we wish to provide in haunted maze attractions for the foreseeable future."

"I'm really excited to scare the hell out of people," Lady Gaga, born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, said in a statement. "There's been some crazy things going on in my head that I can't put into music so this will be a chance to put it out there and share the nightmares," she said with a sly grin. "Horror remixes" of her most popular music will be incorporated into the maze to terrify "all the senses." Murdy then finishes it off with, "this maze is going to be hardcore and it will surprise people from the sights to the sounds to even the smells, this is going to be really trippy and it'll be fun to watch people come out of this maze screaming."

The 2012 Halloween Horror Nights season begins Friday, September 21st and continues through the weekend and other selected nights until it's completion on Wednesday, October 31. Other frightening attractions include, so far, "The Walking Dead: No Survivors," based on the hit AMC TV show, "The Walking Dead;" "Welcome to Silent Hill" based on the video game franchise "Silent Hill" which also has a film hitting theaters this fall titled "Silent Hill: Revelation" in 3D; and the aforementioned "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D" based off the many works of Alice Cooper. 2 other "mazes" are yet to be announced, as well as 4 "scarezones" and the staple attraction, the "Terror Tram."

Universal Studios Hollywood’s favorite thrill-ride attractions will also remain open for the nocturnal affair, many with menacing twists. Favorites include the new "Transformers® - The Ride 3D," “The Simpsons Ride®,” “Revenge of the MummySM – The Ride” and “Jurassic Park® In the Dark.”

• Like 2

I miss when the event in fact DID have icons though instead of marketing ones. And when the event had THEMES. What's HHNH coming to these days? I know it was only a few years ago and they weren't that many years in succession, but I daresay 06 - 09 were the "glory days" in that department. Icons and themes, clearly put out. The Director, Jack, Freddy and Jigsaw. WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK TO THAT?!?!?!!

Freddy was the most successful icon in a way that told a story with the Nightmare Tram and how he brought all the characters to HHN but besides that the icons didn't really bring anything special to the event. I wish they used the Director again and actually tied a story with the attractions but that's hard to do and would limit the range of what we saw to make it a realistic and cohesive story. I like variety and although we do only have marketing icons now, I think its fun to go from maze to maze experiencing something totally different theme-wise. Going back to having one icon would be a nice change since we haven't seen that since 09' but then again looking back at those years, the icons didn't really enhance the maze experiences (maybe the Terror Tram's experience but thats about it.) *Just my opinion, please don't kill me =) * Lol

That is no laughing matter........ just found this on Variety:

Los Angeles, CA

Saturday, July 28, 2012

12:00 AM

Fresh off the announcement that Lady Gaga's new album will be released this October and will be starring in 2013's "Machete Kills," theme park Universal Studios Hollywood has an announcement of their own. For 2012's annual Halloween Horror Nights, the multi-platinum recording artist will have a haunted attraction titled, "Lady Gaga: Monster." From her own imagination, this "maze" will feature the unique imagery and concepts that only Lady Gaga can deliver. Often known for her elaborate concert pieces and outlandish wardrobes, this promises to be a frightening Halloween experience like no other.

"Lady Gaga is this new generation's major showmen," creator director John Murdy explains, "and to have her paired up on the same bill with the original showmen, Alice Cooper, at Halloween Horror Nights is something I'm proud of." Just last week, Alice Cooper's own haunted attraction, "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D" was announced. "I want to show our fans that horror doesn't just relate to major movies," Murdy continues, "but there's also many seeds of horror within the music industry that we wish to provide in haunted maze attractions for the foreseeable future."

"I'm really excited to scare the hell out of people," Lady Gaga, born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, said in a statement. "There's been some crazy things going on in my head that I can't put into music so this will be a chance to put it out there and share the nightmares," she said with a sly grin. "Horror remixes" of her most popular music will be incorporated into the maze to terrify "all the senses." Murdy then finishes it off with, "this maze is going to be hardcore and it will surprise people from the sights to the sounds to even the smells, this is going to be really trippy and it'll be fun to watch people come out of this maze screaming."

The 2012 Halloween Horror Nights season begins Friday, September 21st and continues through the weekend and other selected nights until it's completion on Wednesday, October 31. Other frightening attractions include, so far, "The Walking Dead: No Survivors," based on the hit AMC TV show, "The Walking Dead;" "Welcome to Silent Hill" based on the video game franchise "Silent Hill" which also has a film hitting theaters this fall titled "Silent Hill: Revelation" in 3D; and the aforementioned "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D" based off the many works of Alice Cooper. 2 other "mazes" are yet to be announced, as well as 4 "scarezones" and the staple attraction, the "Terror Tram."

Universal Studios Hollywood’s favorite thrill-ride attractions will also remain open for the nocturnal affair, many with menacing twists. Favorites include the new "Transformers® - The Ride 3D," “The Simpsons Ride®,” “Revenge of the MummySM – The Ride” and “Jurassic Park® In the Dark.”

THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT ?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!

Hmm, I took a look around Variety (Their site, twitter, FB) and I didn't see that article anywhere. However I won't call shenanigans since 1. I don't think DTH would joke about this (Feel free to correct me on that, DTH.) and 2. This could be a case where the article was pulled. (Granted, there was no pulling of BD's article announcing TWD and Silent Hill. Or Alice Cooper's livechat where he spilled the beans.)

None the less, if this turns out to be true...I'm guessing this is The Smiths. (Lady Gaga was on the survey last year, and for all we know there could be children in the maze, and some kind of character inspired by something Dick Smith created.)