HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Not sure ,you should ask him on twitter. I think you'll be fine, there really isn't much fog there, unless you walk right by a fog machine. You may have trouble in Welcome to Silent Hill, based off the fact that one of the environments in the games is called fog world.

Who knows DTH hasn't said anything yet muaahahahahahah!

yeah wasnt realy a scarzone all it real;y did was asorbe chainsaw gangs from new york street, it realy is more part of new york anyways no worrys

They should just connect the entrance and by street into one big scarezone.

How many fog machines does HHNH have usually? Reason i am asking is because i can only see black, white, and shades of gray. Being monochromatic colorblind means zero visability in thick fog.

its hard to say but maybe 2-3 top in each scarezone and there timed sometimes there choked in fog where not anybody could see or you can be there for half an hour and it would be clear don't know the exact method of it but New York street and the Lower lot usualy contain the fog to a certain area, Baker and French street can get BAD.

Freddy was the most successful icon in a way that told a story with the Nightmare Tram and how he brought all the characters to HHN but besides that the icons didn't really bring anything special to the event. I wish they used the Director again and actually tied a story with the attractions but that's hard to do and would limit the range of what we saw to make it a realistic and cohesive story. I like variety and although we do only have marketing icons now, I think its fun to go from maze to maze experiencing something totally different theme-wise. Going back to having one icon would be a nice change since we haven't seen that since 09' but then again looking back at those years, the icons didn't really enhance the maze experiences (maybe the Terror Tram's experience but thats about it.) *Just my opinion, please don't kill me =) * Lol

Ooooh, by theme, we don't really mean control of the theme of the mazes but as you said, the Terror Tram, which I find to hold the story element of the event. And then the Terror Tram elements bleed out into a scarezone or two and then whatever is ruling the Terror Tram to have its own maze too. At the very least, a decent scarezone. 06-09 had that. On top of helming the Terror Tram, the Director had the entire park, Jack was out and about somewhere in the front, Freddy was the front entrance and a maze, Saw was the front entrance and the entire lower lot WITH a maze. They kinda returned to this last year with Scream at the front entrance and then they would roam the park on nights the TT closed early but it never felt like a STORY like 06-09 did. Some say 09 was overkill with Saw but I thought it was awesome since it felt like I was in Jigsaw's theme park yet there were still stand out elements about that year I can clearly remember like Halloween, Chucky and I believe the Strangers were even on the TT that year. Also, each of those years, sans last year, had all the properties from the event ON the Terror Tram. So the infamous TCM sheet maze, Jason's Camp Crystal Lake, Freddy taking over WOTW as the EPIC Elm Street (my favorite TT scene EVER), etc, etc.. The original stuff on the Terror Tram is old anyway. Zombies, mutants, clowns -- it just seems like it never changes and I'd rather have the movie properties somehow figured into the story of it instead. That way, all the movie properties are on the TT with the Icon taking over the festivities, with whatever being the icon also having a scarezone and a maze of their own. It just makes the event feel more full instead of making the TT a separate attraction of its own because the last 2 years they've tried that, it's failed miserably.

Hmm, I took a look around Variety (Their site, twitter, FB) and I didn't see that article anywhere. However I won't call shenanigans since 1. I don't think DTH would joke about this (Feel free to correct me on that, DTH.) and 2. This could be a case where the article was pulled. (Granted, there was no pulling of BD's article announcing TWD and Silent Hill. Or Alice Cooper's livechat where he spilled the beans.)

None the less, if this turns out to be true...I'm guessing this is The Smiths. (Lady Gaga was on the survey last year, and for all we know there could be children in the maze, and some kind of character inspired by something Dick Smith created.)

DTH,

Funny, but I believed it for a minute.

Can't find an article about Lady Gaga having a maze anywhere... Searched variety and even just a plain google search. Nothing.

I really hope that isn't true.

DTH + Lady Gaga = Rick Rolled

To quote the Wolfman: you've done terrible things, DTH, terrible things! Hee Hee!

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Someone falls for it every year!!!! :lol:

Let's try to get back on track here guys. :) Great joke DTH!

So Murdy has confirmed that the Western Street is no longer a go anymore. Sounds like we will be getting four or five scarezones. I'd rather have four REALLY good sczrezones than five that looked like they didn't care putting effort into it.

I think its going to be 3 scarezones, personally. We'll see though!

3 scarezones sounds believable. I remember a rumor floating around there'd be no scarezones at all this year. I'll miss the lower lot. Hopefully they'll have some fog and music at the LEAST.

That way, all the movie properties are on the TT with the Icon taking over the festivities, with whatever being the icon also having a scarezone and a maze of their own. It just makes the event feel more full instead of making the TT a separate attraction of its own because the last 2 years they've tried that, it's failed miserably.

Ohhhhh okay I agree with you on that then haha I thought you wanted Murdy to try and connect the icon with everything, misunderstanding xD

Wonder if the next maze announcement is coming soon ? :o

Now I'm not sure if Alice Cooper is Dante or Carpenter.

My original line of thinking was Carpenter = Prince of Darkness = Alice Cooper but this is pretty damn good evidence leaning toward Dante.

However, the letter D is supposed to be in the title of the maze but still, how hard is it to imagine...

Alice Cooper: Go to HELL!

http://en.wikipedia....er_Goes_to_Hell

[Alice Cooper Goes to Hell is the ninth studio album by Alice Cooper, released in 1976. A sequel to Welcome to My Nightmare...]

This would clearly be the next step. Just have to look more into it.

This was a while ago...

What do we think Maze #4 is now, and why?

I think they'll announce Suffer Little Children next. Or at least I hope they do so we can get that one over with...

Wonder if the next maze announcement is coming soon ? :o

I imagine one will come this week. They've been very consistent this year in comparison to other years.

This was a while ago...

I think someone said it before I did maybe about a month earlier.

I think they'll announce Suffer Little Children next. Or at least I hope they do so we can get that one over with...

Good point, they wouldn't want to make the last maze announcement a repeat. They would want to end on a higher note with Quigley.... after those two mazes, we still have to wait for announcements for HoH, Terror Tram, Scarezones, and Shows (most likely just Bill and Ted again). Gonna be a pretty good couple months before the event. We are currently about 2 months away!

Edited by JGmoney1996

I have a feeling Quigley won't be answered correctly...

I went with my original guess which still seems way off, lol... "Burt Reynolds is in the original Longest Yard. Sheldon Turner wrote screenplays for2 remakes, TLY and Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

Edited by JGmoney1996

@HorrorNights: Here's a "Quigley" hint. The star in question is famous for the roles he turned down that made other actor's careers

@HorrorNights: Here's a "Quigley" hint. The star in question is famous for the roles he turned down that made other actor's careers

Excuse me if there's already been conversation about this that I missed, but...

Anyone have speculation as to how "Quigley" as a code name explains/reveals the theme of that maze? We know that something in Clint Eastwood's life/career relates to the movie, which, in the case that it was TCM, leads me to believe it's that his son stars in the new TCM. However, I don't know how "Quigley" ties in however.

Edited by Alessa

Has anyone heard if B&T is going to be in the waterworld show area this year? I think WW is closing to make way for potter. If that is the case, then it would be a shame for them not to use it one last time.

As cool as it would be to see B&T be done in Waterworld this year due to UNI's Batteship movie, I am sure it will once again be in the Castle Theater.

There used to be a video on youtube of when they had B&T in Waterworld. That was back in 2000, the last year before the 5 year hiatus. I have always wondered why they relocated B&T that year instead of having it in the Wild Wild West theater like the previous 3 years...

There used to be a video on youtube of when they had B&T in Waterworld. That was back in 2000, the last year before the 5 year hiatus. I have always wondered why they relocated B&T that year instead of having it in the Wild Wild West theater like the previous 3 years...

It was so they could make fun of The Perfect Storm better.