HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Hellraiser also takes place in the US, for the most part. There are obviously bits from the various sequels that take place in other locations. (Space, France, the Internet, hell.) But its still grounded in the US.

Umm, I don't know about that. The house that most of the film took place in was London. I'm pretty sure that's also where Doug Bradley (Pinhead) is from.

I know it's not gonna happen however Thirteen Ghosts would be such a kick ass maze! Maybe one day!

Even better, House on Haunted Hill. Am I Wrong?

Edited by manbeast

Hellraiser also takes place in the US, for the most part. There are obviously bits from the various sequels that take place in other locations. (Space, France, the Internet, hell.) But its still grounded in the US.

Oh lord one of the Hellraiser sequals took place in space? have we learned nothing from Leprechaun in Space and Jason X!!!

Well wtih Silent Hill and Walking Dead taking the US and Alice Goes To Hell not even being on earth that leaves two countries from the top of my head,

England-

*Shuan Of The Dead

*An American Werewolf In London

*28 Days/Weeks Later

*Army Of Darkness

Mexico-

*La Llorona

Scottland-

*Doomsday

*Dog Soldiers

Japan-

*The Grudge

All Over The World-

Cabin In The Woods (I know its a stretch lol)

all I can realy think of

^As much as I would want to see those properties, I don't think any of those will happen. The way I see it, Quigley is coming out of left field, and we will all be surprised when it's announced, hopefully in a good way.

Edit: Oh, just saw you have La Llorona there too, that's the only property I think will show up this year, hopefully we will get a new maze, but if it's La Llorona, I won't mind THAT much.

Edited by Hauntfan

Hellbound Heart might have been set in England, but the movies took place in the US, based on the accents of the majority of the characters.

And yes, Hellraiser: Bloodlines takes place, partially, in space. Its actually not that bad. The Space stuff is minimal.

Also, as much as I love the Blair Witch Mythos... there are like NO actually monsters or anything for a scaractor to play!

(Also, Knott's sorta did Blair Witch back in 2000 with their Voodoo Witch Project, but it was pretty filmsy.)

Edited by Trevler

^But lets not forget about Hellraiser. I'm telling you guys, that movie was filmed in London, not the U.S. Everything on IMDB says U.K and if you type in the Hellraiser house, it's in London. I'm not saying it's for sure, but Pinhead is a pretty big icon and he really should be next in line at HHN. There has to be some super secret way to tie it in. "Suffer Little Children" sounds like Pinhead's mentality. He might call every human (even adults) his children. Also, I think it's possible Pinhead/Cenobytes are related to a Dick Smith inspiration.

Name a horror villian/icon bigger then Pinhead that HAS NOT been at HHN.

nope he said this after Quigly and Freak updates the Code Name Thread so don't question he will spank you jk.

INCORRECT. Amok was taken out of the game on June 5th. Murdy posted that hint on May 20th.

He then changed this hint to what I BELIEVE was "2 countries, 3 take place in the same country. I remember thinking "well, wouldn't that be 3 mazes in one country and 3 in the other?" But then I remembered a single maze could take place in more than one country. I'll look more into it but this has been known for awhile.

Flimed, sure. Set? No. Its set in the US. Plenty of movies are filmed in countries they aren't set in. Silent Hill, as an example, was filmed in Canada.

Do they mention at all in the film that it was set in the U.S or are you only basing it on their accents? I don't think accents are enough proof. I've always known Hellraiser to be a british horror franchise.

Hellraiser does take place in london and Dick Smith did make up for a movie called "Ghost Story" this was on of his creations

faceless-ghost-from-ghost-story-1981-21293975.jpg

and here is a Cenobite from the first Hellraiser

chatterbox.jpg

so maybe

Do they mention at all in the film that it was set in the U.S or are you only basing it on their accents? I don't think accents are enough proof. I've always known Hellraiser to be a british horror franchise.

Hellraiser is a British/American Film, it does take place in london but the main characters are American.

With the exception of Julia, Channard, and Pinhead, everyone is American, and Hellraisers 1 and 2 flow directly into Hellraiser 3 which is CLEARLY set in an American city. Hell the main character's father was a US soldier.

Since it -was- filmed in the UK, if it was meant to be set there, why did they cast so many Americans/Canadians and have them use their North American accents? It'd have been easy enough to cast plenty of British folk in... Britain.

Edited by Trevler

INCORRECT. Amok was taken out of the game on June 5th. Murdy posted that hint on May 20th.

He then changed this hint to what I BELIEVE was "2 countries, 3 take place in the same country. I remember thinking "well, wouldn't that be 3 mazes in one country and 3 in the other?" But then I remembered a single maze could take place in more than one country. I'll look more into it but this has been known for awhile.

Okay...

*Yells to Servant* "Put TCM, Poltergeist and Lords of Salem back on the speculation board"

Servant: "I thought you said that Qugiley wasn't in the US?"

*Angry "Forget what I said!!!!!"

:D

Just a little joke on how I feel right now!

I see no indication anywhere as to it being set in London. Its been a while since I've seen the 1st one though (3 and Inferno are my favorites.. I know, I know!) so am I forgetting some sort of establishing shot that shows a London landmark?

Okay...

*Yells to Servant* "Put TCM, Poltergeist and Lords of Salem back on the speculation board"

Servant: "I thought you said that Qugiley wasn't in the US?"

*Angry "Forget what I said!!!!!"

:D

Just a little joke on how I feel right now!

Idk look at the pics I posted Im sure It's Hellraiser

It takes place in London, A cenobite from Hellraiser (1987) looks like the faceless ghost from "Ghost Story" (!981) a movie Dick Smith did the make-up for so it is very possible that cenobite was inspired by the faceless ghost.

I see no indication anywhere as to it being set in London. Its been a while since I've seen the 1st one though (3 and Inferno are my favorites.. I know, I know!) so am I forgetting some sort of establishing shot that shows a London landmark?

I remember they said it in the movie and the book its based off of "The Hellbound Heart" said it was in London and I looked it up

Somewhere in Morocco, Frank Cotton (Sean Chapman) buys an antique puzzle box from a dealer. Back in the attic of his house in London, Frank solves the puzzle box, prompting hooked chains to emerge from it and tear deep into his flesh. Black robed, horribly mutilated humanoids appear and attack Frank with hooked chains, tearing him into pieces. Their leader (Doug Bradley), picks up the box and twists it back into its original state, taking Frank's dissected physical remnants back to their realm with them and restoring the room to normal. Sometime later, Frank's brother Larry (Andrew Robinson) arrives at the house along with his second wife, Julia (Clare Higgins), who previously had an affair with Frank. The pair know Frank as an avowed hedonist and petty criminal, and, presuming that he is in jail in some exotic location, decide to move in. Larry's teenage daughter, Kirsty Cotton (Ashley Laurence), chooses not to live with her stepmother and moves into her own place.

From http://snarkymonkey.com/headhunter/Reviews/Hellraiser.html

"And speaking of locations, where in the hell is this supposed to take place? Hellraiser was based on the Hellbound Heart a short story of Barker’s. In the story, it plainly states that the house at 55 Lodovico Street is located in London England. Likewise the film was shot in London. But I can’t help thinking that it’s supposed to be an American town in the film. Most of the periphery characters are American and one of the extras is even seen wearing a New York Yankees hat. Hellraiser II pretty much cements it as far as my America theory. In that film we are introduced to a character named Ronson who is your stereotypical NBC must-see TV crime drama detective. He’s not a member of Scotland Yard and he doesn’t carry a baton or a stop sign. So I can only assume that he’s American. It’s a small detail I know, but its always one that has niggled at my loins. "

It seems like where the movie takes place is actually a hotly debated topic elsewhere too! The book def. takes place in England though.

You definitely make some points Trevler, but I think I'm still on the London bandwagon. Perhaps the movie has flaws with getting American actors, that's a good point. IDK. Halloween was also set in Illinois, but you can see palm trees in some scenes. 80's movies for ya. Would HHN care more about actual film location or set location?

Even though Hellraiser 1 & 2 might lead into the US on the 3rd (which I can't confirm, but your probably right), it's still not 1 & 2. Sequels change all the time and lead into different locations such as space. Sometimes for better or worse.

Seems like a million questions and not enough answers. Maybe we'll still get TCM, and La Llorona afterall.

Edited by manbeast

Is it possible... that The Smiths takes place in another country, besides Mexico and Quigley takes place in that same country? Just a thought...

he said 3 different countrys

so here are the hints for Suffer little children.

Maze #1: "The Smiths" - One of the songs from the Smiths reveals the theme to the maze. The song is "Suffer Little Children".

-A character inside the maze is inspired by a Dick Smith creation (Dick Smith was a make-up artist for the Exorcist).

-Theme for the maze went out on survey in November 2011.

Hellraiser was on the survey, The chatter mouth Cenobite looks like Dick Smith's Faceless ghost from "Ghost Story", can't say too much for Suffer Little Children but the song is about something that happened in england and Pin-head is always talking about suffering so to me "The Smiths" is either Hellraiser or La Llorona.