HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

^I think it's closed FOR HHN. I could've sworn John confirmed they would be using House of Horrors. Unless you're right and it will be closed during HHN. Can somebody please bring up a tweet from John that says they are using HOH? Thanks in advance! :)

From John's Twitter. HorrorNights Happy 4th of July. Working on House of Horrors today, assembling the new soundtrack, looking for new ways to scare, Horror Never Sleeps!

This means he's working on the revamp they are going to be doing in August.

Thanks for pulling that up. But why did you think that HOH was going to be closed even though you remembered that tweet? Unless I misinterpreted your first comment.

Yeah, I saw that. So he could've very easily confirmed HOH being re-worked for HHN during that time, but he avoided the question. So maybe they have to find a make-up venue for HOH to make 6 mazes. Is that what you're saying? Because I can see that as a possibility now.

Yeah. Because why would they start construction right before HHN started, stop and then continue in November. That wouldn't be nearly enough time to redo the whole attraction.

They aren't redoing the daytime attraction. They are closing it to redo the attraction FOR HHN. In November they will revert the attraction back to its normal state. They are just taking longer so they can change it so it will be different than the normal attraction, and so it can be gorier without offending the day time Universal guests. Usually install in HOH took one night, so almost a month of redoing the HOH should be good for it. :)

Also to spell it out: Thats the gist of the story. Not any inside info I have.

I know, it said that in the article, I just couldn't figure out what 88orbust was saying, lol. No offense 88. :)

Ohhhhhh now I get it. I thought they were revamping the attraction completely, that would stay there all the time. Alright. I apologize if I caused confusion.

Don't sweat it. ;)

I was the only one confused by what you were saying, and it was probably my fault anyways!

I doubt the overlay (if even an overlay) for hhn would be 100 years of horror. It would be wierd walking into a maze celebrating classic movies that's playing techno and industrial music.

How do you know they'll be playing techno and industrial music inside?

YES! YES! YES!!! OMG, ONE HUNDRED TIMES YES! About damn time! Murdy heard our cries! Oh my God, this will be the best year ever!!!!

Okay, I've calmed down. But really, this is VERY good news. I think the new improvements throughout the month of August and early September will stay with the attraction after. Maybe not 100% all of the elements but I'm willing to bet a lot of it will stay. Even after a regular overlay every year, something stays behind and stays in the HOH as a new improvement, whether it be lighting or an additional piece of scenery. But I'm glad that this year they're working well with their budget. Hopefully this means some new improvements to the Terror Tram as well. If the HOH is changed DRASTICALLY, I honestly won't mind the same Terror Tram route for another year or two. I can't WAIT to hear what's going in there.

^HOH is really catching my interest now, just to see what and how much they will change. The 3 mazes announced, the 2 rumored mazes, and the HOH with the month long redo for HHN and the possibilities for the Terror Tram, this year is the most exciting yet!

I also hope this year improves on the blank walls and rooms that last year had. I never seen so many blank walls at Universal! The set design was severely lacking in The Thing, Hostel, and HOTC. HOTC was a repeat but it had long stretches of entire HALLS with just painted walls in the first 1/3 of the maze. It was almost like walking through a Knotts maze! Coincidentally, those are the three mazes that are for sure being replaced this year. The Thing was the second worst offender, and was especially noticeable considering the walls were a cement looking color.

I still think its funny how back when I wrote my old event for the HHN Creations, I used this photo http://i122.photobuc...alicecooper.png

now its "kind of" being used for ACGTH :P

Looks like my "Speculation" was right all along ;)

Wow, didn't even notice that! I thought that picture was something cool creative worked up.