HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

^No need to get annoyed. In speculation things really do need to be specific so we don't follow some random lead based on misinterpreted information. Referring to somebody possibly misconstruing your earlier post.

Edited by Hauntfan

Could someone explain to me how they think an exorcist maze will work? I know Murdy has said he's got an idea for it, but having watched the movies, I really don't see how it'll work, esp. if its confined to the first movie that more or less takes place in one room and with one monster. If you work the sequels in, I guess there could be a little bit more.

• Like 1

The Survey List

An American Werewolf in London

The Wolfman

Lords of Salem

From Dusk Till Dawn

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

The Walking Dead

Child's Play (Chucky)

True Blood

Saw

Halloween (Michael Myers)

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Dawn of the Dead

The Exorcist

Hellraiser

Universal Studios Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein etc.)

Stephen King Films (IT, The Shining etc.)

Resident Evil

Paranormal Activity

House of 1000 Corpses

Left 4 Dead

Jeepers Creepers

Silent Hill

insidious

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Freddy Krueger)

Poltergeist

Alien/Aliens

La Llorona

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Biohazard

Friday the 13th (Jason Voorhees)

Trick 'r Treat

Amityville Horror

Hostel

Hatchet

Scream

Psycho

The Hills Have Eyes

Freddy vs. Jason

American Horror Story

Zombieland

28 Days Later

Edited by djevilclown

Wow that is a huge list. And here I was hoping it would whittle it down!

Also, kudos to whomever was the first to pick up on the hell theme from the maze. A lot of us thought it was a Cooper maze, but there were a couple of you who were really onto something by relating Murdy's clues to the seven deadly sins and/or being about hell in general.

WTC!? I go to USH today and a major leak happens...and then jump the gun when it's not official yet. You've been very naughty children. *spank* *spank* Amazing how this thread has added on five pages while I was gone.

Now that your punishment is out of the way, :P this whole concept of Alice Cooper Goes to Hell will be quite interesting, but I'm not going to read it official until we hear it from the horse's mouth and not grandpa's. I'm getting a bit tired out of the whole 3D gimmic. It's really lame.

Did Alice just really call our event the "Halloween House of Horrors?" -_______- Here's a thought to ponder: If Alice Cooper can't even get the name of the event right, how do we even know that's going to be the official title of the house?

Also, I will post my construction update soon. I noticed as they were building the Shrek queue, the structure they were building at the entrance looked exactly like it did when they were building La Llorona. You know what that means.

Uggggggh, I was all for La Llorona returning until I heard Alice was semi-returning this year. Another year of a bunch of people with that stupid eye makeup! Our last hope for something BIG is Quigley!!! And how discomforting is it to know that it was a last minute REPLACEMENT maze?! Silent Hill and Walking Dead are cool and all but I wanted something to make me shit my pants in excitement. TCM was on my hopeful list but seeing as that would be a reoccurring theme ALSO, that leaves room for Quigley only to be something MUCH better. Oh well. Still a decent line up even if it is TCM.

All of Murdy's new tweets threw me off. I said Alice Cooper Goes to Hell SOOOOO long ago, and we were all on board with that! Then the recent Magic 8 Ball sessions kept suggesting no rockers this year, so that put us on the wrong track with crazy ideas like Devil May Cry (sorry Grind, lmao).

And I have no idea how they would do an Exorcist maze. But if Murdy says he can do it, I believe him. And if he truly can, whether it's good or not, would get me super excited just to see what it's even like. And even if it sucks, as long as its truthful to the movie (unlike Scream's Terror Tram), I would give him props for trying to bring that experience in maze form to fans. Same goes for Paranormal Activity. These aren't necessarily suited for mazes, and to some they might not even be good movies, but if they CAN do it, consider me there to check it out. As long as they're in the horror genre and not something that almost insults the fans like Twilight. In the end, the HOW before it happens doesn't matter (to us, at least, since we're not building it). All ya can do is hope it is or isn't happening based on your fandom to the property, hope it's good (or in some odd cases, hope it's bad) and look forward to HOW they did indeed do it. :)

Edited by DTH316

Did Alice just really call our event the "Halloween House of Horrors?" -_______- Here's a thought to ponder: If Alice Cooper can't even get the name of the event right, how do we even know that's going to be the official title of the house?

Cuz he'd probably know more about his house than the event as a whole, lol.

You know, every time you go to a park it seems there's some kind of info we get. When you went to DCA we got the official WD announcement, then you go to USH and we get this. So freak, keep going to the parks! LOL :D

Back on topic, looks like they painted the old Mummy Queue's shade cover black for Silent Hill.

So with this, the small building to the side, possibility of the maze not being a U-Turn, I might actually like a maze in this venue this year!

2012-07-23115549.jpg

Edited by Hauntfan

About an exorcist house, I'd see it working like how he did with psycho in the house of horrors. With the maze beginning with scenes with regan them, and then a corpse version of the priest who gets possessed and throughout himself out the window(forgot his name). Maybe even a character dressed as the ark angle that you see a silhouette of behind regan?

What was it, tan before? Hopefully they do the same with the Shrek one. I never notice it but apparently other people do.

Yeah, it was tan like the rest of the mummy queue. It was used as an extended queue area back when the Mummy first opened it was insanely popular, makeshift switchbacks were located there. They also covered up the holes that separated the separated the pieces of tent.

About an exorcist house, I'd see it working like how he did with psycho in the house of horrors. With the maze beginning with scenes with regan them, and then a corpse version of the priest who gets possessed and throughout himself out the window(forgot his name). Maybe even a character dressed as the ark angle that you see a silhouette of behind regan?

Don't forget the whole seance. That was probably the biggest part of the movie. Imagine walking into a bedroom and a Linda Blair look alike is in bed all crazy eyed and demonic along with the priest giving the seance. Then she spits green colored water everywhere (obviously it can't be real puke). Also, I can't remember if it was a bonus scene or not, but there was a part where Linda Blair did the crazy spider walk down the stairs. All ideas. I bet I would have more once I watched it again.

At first I didn't want to except Alice Cooper. Now that it's almost confirmed, I'm getting used to the idea. Time to play some Alice Cooper jams and get in the zone.

Edited by manbeast

Well I know all that, I just never bothered to look at the color, haha

I'm hoping to hear something about the Terror Tram soon. To me, that's one of the most important parts of the event!

Well I was just explaining the reasoning behind the color, lol.

I hope we get info on TT soon as well. But lately TT has been more of an afterthought and not really the center of the event like it really should be, like it was in 2008 and 2009.

WTC!? I go to USH today and a major leak happens...and then jump the gun when it's not official yet. You've been very naughty children. *spank* *spank* Amazing how this thread has added on five pages while I was gone.

Now that your punishment is out of the way, :P this whole concept of Alice Cooper Goes to Hell will be quite interesting, but I'm not going to read it official until we hear it from the horse's mouth and not grandpa's. I'm getting a bit tired out of the whole 3D gimmic. It's really lame.

Fathers home! im still iffy on Alice cooper still but it seems to be 99% sure thing at the moment.

^ oh no not this again!

Grandpa Alice Meme coming soon!

All of Murdy's new tweets threw me off. I said Alice Cooper Goes to Hell SOOOOO long ago, and we were all on board with that! Then the recent Magic 8 Ball sessions kept suggesting no rockers this year, so that put us on the wrong track with crazy ideas like Devil May Cry (sorry Grind, lmao).

like I said that wasnt speculation that was just something the clues reminded me of lol

Cuz he'd probably know more about his house than the event as a whole, lol.

not realy he had nothing realy to do with it last it was all Murdy unlike the rest that had the Producers of The Thing, Rob Zombie and Eli Roth actualy helping and putting their 2 cents in murdy basicly created the maze to his songs and Alice just slaped his name on it and showed up in a few videos he didnt even see the maze till it was done.

not realy he had nothing realy to do with it last it was all Murdy unlike the rest that had the Producers of The Thing, Rob Zombie and Eli Roth actualy helping and putting their 2 cents in murdy basicly created the maze to his songs and Alice just slaped his name on it and showed up in a few videos he didnt even see the maze till it was done.

What I meant was he'd know the name of his house, and not necessarily the name of the event.

Hauntfan, I think they actually put a black covering over the lower lot house last year for Hostel.

This year will determine for me whether I want the Terror Tram to stay or not. If they can't make it just even slightly better than last year's mess, then I say it needs to go.

It seems interesting to me how this year the maze information was leaking out early. I remember in the year's past we were foaming at the mouth waiting for announcements. Even though we pretty much knew what mazes were coming. This year BD leaked out the first two mazes, then Alice leaked out the third. I wonder how Murdy is handleing all this? Or is this part of his plan...

Color me stoked for the new Alice maze! And I am not sure why poeple are griping about the possible (probable, even) return of La Llorona. That was easily the best maze last year. I know repeats are kind of a bummer for those of us that go like, 10 times per year but for the casual fan, HHN enthusiast coming from out of town/state, or even the hardcore nerds like me that still can only manage to make it to the event once a season, repeats are actually pretty great. We should honestly just be glad that Uni doesn't run things like Knotts - repeating mazes for an average of like, 5 years. I am personally excited for another chance to take in all the horrific details of the La Llorona maze.

I do have to agree that I am not a huge fan of the 3D gimmick. I tend to think that it ran it's course sometime back in the late 90s and actually tends to become a crutch for lazy set design with a lot of dayglow paint slapped around. That said, one 3D house out of 6 (5) isn't so bad and they did a pretty nice job with House of 1000 Corpses. I am pretty stoked to see all the fucked up shit that Murdy plans on putting in the Alice maze. Also, forgot to mention this before, but Welcome 2 My Nightmare (the sequel album) is actually loosely based on a story of the listener (or whoever) going to hell. The song "welcome to teh congregation" is like a guided tour of Hell. Not saying that the maze will be based solely on that album but it's more in line with the theme than say, Dragontown, which is the sequel to Brutal Planet and more of a post apocolyptic kind of affair.

It's funny to think that we weren't far off with that 7 Deadly Sins concept.

The site says "Face the 7 Deadly Sins with Alice Cooper. Rasising Hell with an All New Maze: Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D.

haha

Nice Work!

That is funny. Right when he showed Dante's Inferno in December, I said it was a 7 deadly sins maze. Boy was I right, sort of, lol!

Also, forgot to mention this before, but Welcome 2 My Nightmare (the sequel album) is actually loosely based on a story of the listener (or whoever) going to hell. The song "welcome to teh congregation" is like a guided tour of Hell. Not saying that the maze will be based solely on that album but it's more in line with the theme than say, Dragontown, which is the sequel to Brutal Planet and more of a post apocolyptic kind of affair.

Actually, Alice Cooper Goes to Hell, the album is a sequel to Welcome to My Nightmare. So it makes sense we got that as a maze. W2MN is like a spin-off sequel, but ACGTH is the real sequel.

Hauntfan, I think they actually put a black covering over the lower lot house last year for Hostel.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they didn't, I'll check for construction pics to be certain though.

Remember guys, any further discussion regarding Alice Cooper should go in the discussion thread for the house. Thanks guys! :)

So two houses are lest as well as all of the scarezones and the Terror Tram. I'm pretty confident "The Smiths" will be La Llorona again. If that's the case, I'm hoping they replace the graveyard, tomb, and house scenes for new ones. That way those who haven't gotten the chance to see it can see it gain this year while there are some new scenes for the returning people. Everybody wins.

Quigley looks like it could be TCM. It would be nice in my book, but in my eyes, it would be nice to see something more epic like an original concept (Which we know won't happen) or Insidious....but I digress.