HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Hahah. I hear ya. Gotta love the die hards.

So will silent hill be the equivalent of Hostel and saw? I.e. extreme torture and murder? Haven't checked out too much of it.

Its pretty much about a Town that is half reality and half a Hell like Demision, to put it simple its like The Fog/The Mist mixed with Hellraiser. demons, mutalated and twisted looking ones and cult members, but it plays more from the psychological angle then the groutsique angle. The games were a HUGE Mind f**k.

HUGE POST! Went to Universal. Didn't see much. The vehicles from Klownz were parked by the Psycho house though, but I'm not sure if they've been there for awhile. Also, I totally geeked out. I saw Chris Williams working in the JP queue when passing by on the Studio Tour. Seeing Murdy is commonplace but I've never seen Williams. Anywho, on to the gargantuan reply list...

name='Mike Murder' timestamp='1343944163' post='102514]

Really? I think this year is shaping up to be great! Alice Cooper will probably be better than WTMN and is way more exciting to me than House of 1000 Corpses; Silent Hill is infinitely more promising than Hostel; Walking Dead is at least as cool as The Thing and probably has more potential as a maze; La Llorona is totally welcome back IMO, especially as a souped-up "sequel maze"; TT is bound to be better than last year, if even marginally so; Due to the news about the daytime closure of HoH I am way more stoked on that than I ever have been. Even if Quigley turns out to be TCM or (lamer in my opinion) Poltergeist, this year is already far more promising than last year.

If GTH is darker than WTMN, than yes. But considering it's 3D, I'm doubting it at the moment. Very low on my radar. I'm not a fan of Silent Hill but the property I know works well for a maze. I'm a fan of the Walking Dead but... The Thing is way cooler haha I'm a huge fan of the 82 version and I even loved the prequel from last year. La Llorona, for all I know might have one new scene. It was my favorite last year but considering last year was merely okay (which still means amazing in terms of quality in comparison to other theme park events), it being the best doesn't hold much weight. I thought last year had a ton of great properties. I was VERY excited for The Thing, La Llorona, Scream and The Wolfman but was disappointed by half of them, and disappointed by the other 2 properties (WTMN and Hostel) which I wasn't even looking forward to that much. So at this point, '11 sounded like a better year at the time of announcements. We still don't have Quigley or Terror Tram or HOH, but who knows how that will turn out. Just sayin', although I am going to go and have a shit ton of fun on opening weekend and probably again later in the season, since I now know WAY too many people who want to go to this damn thing and have to split it up into 2 groups.

name='Grindhousehero13' timestamp='1343955053' post='102552]

I realy don't see any evidence on how Quigley is TCM, yes we have been right but we have been able to connect them at least a little to each maze and to be honest JP is kinda wierd to place TCM.

The placement is kinda weird for TCM... the mazes pretty much always fit their location... or at least their facades do. I don't know... I need to ponder this for a bit longer...

name='Trevler' timestamp='1343955245' post='102553]

The only reason why I think its TCM is I have heard NO other credible rumors and that is VERY odd. My sources are good.

But then there's that. But who knows, maybe TCM is Terror Tram?

name='WESKER69' timestamp='1343955328' post='102554]

I think we're gonna need a bigger maze...

QUOTE OF THE YEAR.

name='DireBrian' timestamp='1343955441' post='102555]

Don't rule out the possibility just yet, JAWS does have a sequel coming out in 2015...

Man, they have like... 8 more movies to make in 3 years! They need to get to it!

oh godz... after riding the former :( JAWS ride multiple times at night at UNI Orlando... the thought of a JAWS house is actually quite scary and could actually be done. Especially with the technology that exists now... projections, holographic images, mirrored floor illusions... a multitude of water effects.

Okay... can someone pitch this idea to Murdy, because this would seriously be an epic house lol

It's plausible, just not all that practical... YET ;)

name='Ridesandstuff' timestamp='1343956076' post='102563]

Well, whatever that last announcements are, they need to be Huge. HHN has gotten a little to comfortable, and I wouldn't be surprised if Haunt kicks their ASSES this year.

Agreed. I'm really hoping this last announcement we are totally off on. We've guessed 4 of the 5 mazes correctly. At this point, I'd be surprised if we wrong! Still pissed Universal didn't get their hands on Evil Dead... like... WTF! lol

Edited by DTH316

The site told me AFTER I wrote the entire second half of this post that I exceeded the amount of quotes to use in one posts so this had to be split in two. (or what it looks like now... one post that's unquoted... sorry for the mess)

name='DireBrian' timestamp='1343957021' post='102574]

Hahaha thanks!

By the way, this might be a hint to what the HoH has in store for us...

From the Horror Nights Facebook Page:

AUDITIONS: Looking for Dancing Vampires & Female Go-Go's this Saturday! http://bit.ly/HHN_casting

I saw that and thought it was a clue too... until I realized it was probably for daytime also lol

name='FattYeli17' timestamp='1343957053' post='102575]

You guys ever think there would be a possibilty of us seeing a "From Dusk Till Dawn Maze"?

I always see it on the survey and wonder.

Thoughts, Comments?

I'd love that. One of my favorites. The "iron" won't be hot on it ever again though but I think it has a big enough cult status to be done. I mean... if HOTC can be done... why not FDTD? Get Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez involved... they surely qualify as "some of the sickest minds in horror" if freakin' Diego Luna does. My only thought is... would the facade really have the Titty Twister neon-animation?! :-D lol

name='00nightcrawler' timestamp='1343961239' post='102600]

Yeah, minimal effort. If the last maze announced is texas chainsaw massacre I will be disappointed. Too many repeated themes, too little effort. Im hoping that quigley will blow me away.

TCM based on the original will be interesting and I'll definitely wanna see it. And it WOULD be too many repeated themes at this point. If it were the ONLY one, it'd be different but seeing as it would be coming in bulk, it'd really grind my gears at this point. I was really hoping La Llorona wouldn't come back so I wouldn't have to NOT want TCM, but now it's like... PLEEEEEEEASE BE POLTERGEIST. I know it won't freakin' happen though. Boo.

name='Batwithtusks' timestamp='1343963263' post='102607]

I still think Quigley is the biggest wild card of the event. Everyone is taking for granted that it's TCM, but I think it will be something out of left field.

As I said before in this post... 4 out of 5 mazes guessed correctly so far. If it's not TCM though, I'll be happy. I hope you're right but I TRULY fear you're wrong

name='Freak' timestamp='1343972348' post='102644]

With what's been announced so far, I'm really hoping Quigley is something REALLY out of left field that's not TCM. If it is TCM, I wouldn't be surprised if Knott's outdoes HHN this year from all of the repeated themes this year. Please give us something huge!

*One week later* NEW MAZE ANNOUNCED! Freddy VS. Jason: Battle of Doom!

Ehhh, TCM sounds really good actually.

Like I said a bit ago, TCM would be welcome if LL or AC weren't coming back. Now it's like... really? Another one? THREE repeated themes? That's the same as 2010. Someone said 2010 had more. Can't remember who... but I don't see how they had more than 3. It'd be a tie in repeated themes, since Freddy and Jason were in fact repeated themes considering they were based off entirely new movies and were entirely new mazes. I'm happy for all you who didn't get to experience the first one IF it does return... but for me... ugh. I'll check it out but I'm not all that enthused or amped up as I was, say, last year (even though the year did kinda fall below standard, but I was stoked for it beforehand).

name='Kurseddragon' timestamp='1343973693' post='102650]

They can only get better.

They've learned that adding new rooms in Saw didn't really change anything.

They should know what to do to make things more scary in a repeat.

I'm sure every maze, repeated or not, will be better than what everyone here is assuming.

Did you not go through HOTC last year? They changed jack-squat. They've learned nothing.

name='Mr.HHN' timestamp='1343974731' post='102661]

True nightcrawler I was dissapointed in 10' but it was the year I had more fun in. Also like nightcrawler said about the properties I think TCM will return to be the only movie based property dont you see the patern!

Yeah, oddly enough, '10 I was least excited for and ended up being my second favorite year. I hope this year is the same way because I'm not all that amped for it if TCM comes back and depending on whatever the TT is, which I just feel like it may be a lackluster movie or if it's something big, like Scream, it won't be represented well. And HOH... well... I'll hold my judgement until I see it.

name='Hauntfan' timestamp='1343977914' post='102674]

When John leaves I'm sure the event will be fine, and it would probably be a nice change for the event, somebody to see it with fresh eyes. Although I will miss the way he runs things.

I WILL BE YOUR SAVIOR. But seriously, I think whoever takes over will follow Murdy's paradigm to success but ofcourse have their own added edge to the event whether it be for better or worse. I hope whoever it is is more cutthroat on getting the harder sells like Exorcist, Evil Dead, Trick 'r Treat, etc..

You know what's funny is that I don't think familiarity changes the scare factor at all. Last year I went to HHN twice, and the Hostel maze was scarier to me on the second trip, and I did it twice the first night I was there (thanks in no small part to the RIP passes Murdy hooked me up with). I'm excited at the possibilities this year. SH and Walking Dead are going to be AMAZING. I enjoyed LL's visuals last year, and if he ups the scare factor it'll be even better (I can only hope he drops that god awful bed scene with the massive head that reminded me of a scene from Beetlejuice). Even Alice, even as a repeated theme, is an ENTIRELY new maze! I'm personally stoked.

Another announcement is coming soon! Only makes sense considering the Orlando event just "leaked" Penn & Teller.

From the FB page:

A BIG announcement regarding our Halloween Horror Nights event will be released soon! "Like" our HHN page to be the first to find out what it is!

I can only hope he drops that god awful bed scene with the massive head that reminded me of a scene from Beetlejuice.

You're crazy, that was the best part lol

Probably terror tram. Someone asked him on twitter when it would be announced yesterday and he said soon.

I hope Terror Tram is next! I'm startin to lose hope on Quigley.

Has Excorcist been officially ruled out, you guys think? I figured if they could get the rights from WB for Harry potter land

Then they can get the rights for Exorcist, too.

Exorcist is definitely out for this year. It's only shot was Suffer Little Children. Definitely not Quigley since I know William Friedkin did not maze tour with Murdy haha

From the FB page:

I'm not seeing that quote anywhere :-/

Like I said a bit ago, TCM would be welcome if LL or AC weren't coming back. Now it's like... really? Another one? THREE repeated themes? That's the same as 2010. Someone said 2010 had more. Can't remember who... but I don't see how they had more than 3. It'd be a tie in repeated themes, since Freddy and Jason were in fact repeated themes considering they were based off entirely new movies and were entirely new mazes. I'm happy for all you who didn't get to experience the first one IF it does return... but for me... ugh. I'll check it out but I'm not all that enthused or amped up as I was, say, last year (even though the year did kinda fall below standard, but I was stoked for it beforehand).

That was me who said that. And I'll stand by it. Don't forget Chucky was repeated, 4 themes. And technically, HOTC was repeated from pre-hiatus HHN, if you want to go that far. That's 5 repeated themes. When I said that I was only counting Chucky, but technically there's 5. So really the only new theme was Vampyre and that was just HOH! :P

So this year, we for sure only know 2 repeated themes less than 2010. If TCM comes true than it would be 3 while 2010 was 4 repeated themes.

That was me who said that. And I'll stand by it. Don't forget Chucky was repeated, 4 themes. And technically, HOTC was repeated from pre-hiatus HHN, if you want to go that far. That's 5 repeated themes. When I said that I was only counting Chucky, but technically there's 5. So really the only new theme was Vampyre and that was just HOH! :P

So this year, we for sure only know 2 repeated themes less than 2010. If TCM comes true than it would be 3 while 2010 was 4 repeated themes.

You're absolutely right! And ya know, people keep asking Murdy about Chucky and he keeps giving answers like "don't say his name or he'll come back!" This coy-like nature wasn't the case last year when he flat out said he wasn't returning for '11. These types of answers are very familiar to when he took over the Terror Tram. I have an odd feeling Chucky might be popping up this year... whether it be TT or HOH... and if TCM does come, that'd be 4 repeated themes. And given that the HOH is a repeated theme in of itself, that could possibly be 5! But I don't wanna over think it...

I still think about the tweet that confirmed an "Iconic" weapon that will be part of a maze. Murdy also denied any Holiday related property. With the other Quigley clues, TCM still remains high on my list.

Also, we still don't have any HUGE movie property. I know if I was a regular person who still had not gone to HHN, I know what's listed already wouldn't convince me to go. A busy working class, regular American individual probably has no time for TV or video games, or have heard Mexican folklore. Heard Alice Cooper? Sure but that would depend on their music tastes, their age and their fandom. There still needs to be a REALLY big draw.

Did you not go through HOTC last year? They changed jack-squat. They've learned nothing.

That's true, but if you look at Murdy's recent posts about La Llorona and AC, he talks about how he had the choice of leaving them the same or changing them.

He probably just didn't wanna change HOTC since it would probably be pretty difficult and possibly make the maze overall worse. Especially having to deal with the 3D factor.

Or maybe Universal just didn't give him the rights to since he also tweeted that Uni gave him permission to make an entirely new AC maze.

Also, about TCM, a few tweets from Murdy:

@HorrorNights Go Team! They must be working their butt off cause they only have a month and a half left to construct! TCM next year?

TwitterIcon_09-ONL-8828_normal.jpgUniversal Halloween@HorrorNights

@mcjunebug2 They better be. The remake? Comes out in Jan. Have to see how it is

I think that confirms TCM remake not being the maze if TCM does return.

However, being the carny he is, this doesn't necessarily mean that TCM isn't returning at all.

Especially when he also tweeted this:

@jasoncram As for the surveys, every year NOES, F13, TCM, Halloween always rate the highest. That's just want the majority of people want

Edited by Kurseddragon