HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

I've been rooting for a Frankenstein HOH overlay for about 2 years! Those pix were freakin' awesome.

And I just saw that video...

Seriously... WTF... this is a nightmare. This is exactly what I feared HHN would turn into...

All I can do is just put my head down in shame and hope this is just stupid-fun to go through because apparently they're not aiming for scary.

Skrillex's House of Horrors? The Dubstep Massacre? Club of Horrors?

*Krusty sigh*

Well folks, it was nice while it lasted. We had 6 good years of event but this year, they've jumped the shark... pun intended.

I'm not afraid its going to be silly. I like silly. I like it alot. What im worried about is its going to try to be like a "cool" or "hardcore" house. And its hard not to be disappointed when Frankenstein would be the perfect overlay. Then again, its very hard for me not to be disappointed when anything is announced, admittedly.

the vampire nightclub theme is a been there, seen that and done by multiple haunts everywhere... even Orlando had one- 2007's "Vampyr: Blood Bath", which wasn't the greatest & didn't even come close to executing its full potential (unfortunately).

Whether HoH is "original", If its a vampire maze, or SZ turned Maze... really depends on how Murdy executes it. If not executed properly, then yea... should've just gone with a steampunk Frankenstein lol

Ughh.. I hate dubstep so much.

I like techno, but dubstep. -.-

It better blend well with the maze or I'mma be pretty disappointed. Everyone I'm planning on going with hates dubstep too.

I already knew they were gonna use it, but now hearing it and knowing it's closing in, it just makes things worse. It better be a really really good joke maze. I wouldn't mind the dubstep if it's actually a good, silly maze. If it fails, then HHN... It'll make everything else look worse too.

Literally every other maze can be the best they've ever made, but from now on, it'll always have, "I can't believe they ruined the whole thing with that maze."

• Like 1

If this is seriously a dubstep maze all the way through (one scene wouldn't bug me), then all that shit talking I did on Alice Cooper last year just seems incredibly petty in comparison to this considering how low Murdy has scraped the barrel this year.

I almost wanna give the HOH facade a hug for all the pain and embarrassment its about to endure... poor fella, it'll never be the same! :'(

Just saw/heard the Facebook video. EWWWWWW!

That's Dubstep? Good God, that is truly horrific.

If they are seriously going to put that shit in a house, I guarantee it's going to have a 5 min wait all night.

Trevler, you know something... Please say they're not going to put this in a house. There is NO house concept I can imagine where this would possibly work - unless they pass out rusty spoons at the entrance so you can dig out our own eardrums. Which in itself is not a bad concept...

Anyone go to Queen Mary Shipwreck back in the day when they played death metal cranked up to 11 in all their houses? And I thought THAT was offensive...

• Like 3

Just saw/heard the Facebook video. EWWWWWW!

That's Dubstep? Good God, that is truly horrific.

If they are seriously going to put that shit in a house, I guarantee it's going to have a 5 min wait all night.

Trevler, you know something... Please say they're not going to put this in a house. There is NO house concept I can imagine where this would possibly work - unless they pass out rusty spoons at the entrance so you can dig out our own eardrums. Which in itself is not a bad concept...

Anyone go to Queen Mary Shipwreck back in the day when they played death metal cranked up to 11 in all their houses? And I thought THAT was offensive...

Haha good one. So classic monsters/trick r treat/hellraiser aren't enough of a draw but dubstep is... depressing times.

Edited by 00nightcrawler
  • Like 2

For me I'm fine with dubstep (Though I will admit it's a huge "Your milage may vary" genre), however I just don't see this type of music fitting in a horror maze other then one with a club theme. (Not to mention, the dubstep played in the trailer was weak.)

It all depends on what's the theme and what's the direction they're taking it, though if it's not a club theme and they're taking it seriously...if I could I'd want to join DTH in hugging the HoH facade.

^ lmfao

Okay, after some thought... I'm sure the music isn't a real indicator of the theme of the maze. I mean... c'mon, there's no freakin' WAY they're going to a DUBSTEP maze, right? Right?............. RIGHT?! Please say "right," now you're scaring me :'(

:timewarp: WRONG! :timewarp:

couldn't resist... I wouldn't worry too much... yet. However, I am curious on what it will end up being and it'd sure be nice if Murdy was providing some type of hint for what it is rather than playing with "scents" and other maze related crap. lol

Okay... calmed my nerves a bit... thanks :)

What could logistically fit with horror and dubstep?

As we've mentioned, vampires.

Okay, what about Klownz?

Um... puppets? Nah, not really. Unless this is all Chucky's doing... haha

A very odd version of a fairy tale? Possibly.

Perhaps something slasher-ish and there's an epic bloodbath during a dance or something?

I'm still thinking steampunk/mechanical. ROBOTS! TRANSFORMERS: THE MAZE!

Psh, that was easy to figure out ;)