HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

The diversity of the possibilities we could be having here would fit very well and I can definitely imagine a Terror Tram mixing all the elements of these mazes together (which I hope they do, I didn't like the Terror Tram not being the story of the event, at all, that was kinda uber lame).

Scream

Trick 'R Treat

The Wolfman

Rob Zombie original 3D maze

Evil Dead

House of Horrors

Minus the Rob Zombie maze, that would just about be one of the best event lineups of all time!

Now to add to the speculation of Wolfman possibly coming this year. tweeted John Murdy hinting at wanting a Wolfman maze and here's how he replied:

@HorrorNights Wolfman sequel announced, Best make-up award at the Oscars. Hmmmmm......something I'd love to see this year. :)

@AppleAreGood Hey I had lunch with your favorite quote yesterday

Interesting....

I think having Wolfman loose on the Terror Tram would be incredible.

Seeing as this is more than likely going to be my first year out that way, I'm hoping all the ideas that have been tossed around come to fruition: what an event it would be!!!

I plan on doing both events for my 21st bday celebration :] :] I figured "what better way to ring in such a big birthday but partying as hard as I can?" And what better way to part then at HHN??? lol

YES! Just keep in mind we are a DRY event here in Hollywood. So if you want to get your drink on, do so BEFORE HHN @ one of the many nice establishments @ City Walk. Just do us all a favor and don't get obnoxiously drunk :)

Apparently, John is filming in the backlot I asked him if it's for the TT, but he said it's not. I'll see what his reply is. The next hint he gave out has something to do with a word that's in a Marx Bros. Film.What I also find interesting is that he just had lunch with the creative director for HHN Orlando. Interesting...

I wouldn't give my hopes up for Mack the Clown or whatever his name is, though. ;) lol

I think Wolfman is definitely now in the running.

Evil Dead and Trick 'r Treat (plus the campaigning for it) were on a "short list"

And Scream SHOULD be a no-brainer.

Plus hints of working with Rob Zombie again.

That's okay Murdy, you don't need to release a PR, we already know how the event is gonna be this year :)

Okay, I was just joking, please release PRs or I will cry lol

But then again, if Murdy knows what we're up to, he might purposely just change it up on us, just to be surprising. But if that is the event this year, count me in for a FOTL and a FFP. I'll be there opening day, midway through and the last week. WOOHOOO, BRING IT ON!!!

But then again, if Murdy knows what we're up to, he might purposely just change it up on us, just to be surprising. But if that is the event this year, count me in for a FOTL and a FFP. I'll be there opening day, midway through and the last week. WOOHOOO, BRING IT ON!!!

I am sooooo down for a Frequent Fear Pass as well. I might go once with my friends and another time for a HNN meet-up. I go to college this year so I hope I have time for it.

Six mazes, original maze, Wolfman, Scream, and Trick r Treat....that's the ultimate event right there. :D

If we have Wolfman this year, no hard feelings DTH, but I'd rather Evil Dead wait until 2012. Gotta spread it out a little bit. ;) Think about it. Wolfman takes place in a forest, so does Evil Dead, then you have the vampire forest in Trick r Treat. That's not even counting if they want to use any trees for the original maze or include the woods scene from the first Scream. I think they want to save some of their recycled E.T. trees. haha

Here's our speculation list so far

-Scream: This property is currently at the top of the list. High demand on Twitter and Facebook, fourth movie coming out this year, highest-grossing slasher ever, only major slasher movie they haven't done yet...more than likely to show up this year. Although Murdy is a tad hesitant after the "damage" done to the Scary Movie installment, the execs will push him to do it if the film does really well.

-Trick r Treat: Second most likely property to show up this year. High demand on Twitter/FB, success when shown at a screening, Michael Daughty really wanting to get involved, that post on Facebook, and it being on Murdy's "short list", I think the long-awaited time for it has come.

-Hostel: This property could very well show up this year. The third film comes out this year (Right?), Eli Roth really wanted to get involved, and they could easily get away with reusing some props from Saw, but I hope they don't have the exact same layout as Saw.

-The Wolfman: Funny that earlier this year, this movie had pretty much no chance coming this year...at all. Now, out of the blue, it's in the running! Academy Award for best make-up, sequel green-lit to DVD, following being established; I think the future is looking brighter for the great hairy one. :) In my opinion, this would be more suited for the WWW arena because of the forest scene so the black tent can give it its night feel. Then again, I guess it could go in the Shrek area.

-House of 1000 Corpses (Again): Eh, I hope not. The only thing I see going for this is popular demand and there is a high amount of it. I could see it coming back because of the sixth maze being added. A new maze is a big step fiscally, so the execs may want to play it safe by asking Murdy to bring it back.

-Evil Dead: As much as I would like to see an ED maze this year, it doesn't sound good for this year. Yes, it was on Murdy's short list, but I'm sure the news of the remake put a stop to that in Murdy's plans. High demand on FB/Twitter, but that's it at this point.

I am sooooo down for a Frequent Fear Pass as well. I might go once with my friends and another time for a HNN meet-up. I go to college this year so I hope I have time for it.

Six mazes, original maze, Wolfman, Scream, and Trick r Treat....that's the ultimate event right there. :D

If we have Wolfman this year, no hard feelings DTH, but I'd rather Evil Dead wait until 2012. Gotta spread it out a little bit. ;) Think about it. Wolfman takes place in a forest, so does Evil Dead, then you have the vampire forest in Trick r Treat. That's not even counting if they want to use any trees for the original maze or include the woods scene from the first Scream. I think they want to save some of their recycled E.T. trees. haha

Here's our speculation list so far

-Scream: This property is currently at the top of the list. High demand on Twitter and Facebook, fourth movie coming out this year, highest-grossing slasher ever, only major slasher movie they haven't done yet...more than likely to show up this year. Although Murdy is a tad hesitant after the "damage" done to the Scary Movie installment, the execs will push him to do it if the film does really well.

-Trick r Treat: Second most likely property to show up this year. High demand on Twitter/FB, success when shown at a screening, Michael Daughty really wanting to get involved, that post on Facebook, and it being on Murdy's "short list", I think the long-awaited time for it has come.

-Hostel: This property could very well show up this year. The third film comes out this year (Right?), Eli Roth really wanted to get involved, and they could easily get away with reusing some props from Saw, but I hope they don't have the exact same layout as Saw.

-The Wolfman: Funny that earlier this year, this movie had pretty much no chance coming this year...at all. Now, out of the blue, it's in the running! Academy Award for best make-up, sequel green-lit to DVD, following being established; I think the future is looking brighter for the great hairy one. :) In my opinion, this would be more suited for the WWW arena because of the forest scene so the black tent can give it its night feel. Then again, I guess it could go in the Shrek area.

-House of 1000 Corpses (Again): Eh, I hope not. The only thing I see going for this is popular demand and there is a high amount of it. I could see it coming back because of the sixth maze being added. A new maze is a big step fiscally, so the execs may want to play it safe by asking Murdy to bring it back.

-Evil Dead: As much as I would like to see an ED maze this year, it doesn't sound good for this year. Yes, it was on Murdy's short list, but I'm sure the news of the remake put a stop to that in Murdy's plans. High demand on FB/Twitter, but that's it at this point.

I dont think Hostil has come that far not to say its on the no-go list just its in the pool but not the top yet

Wolfman doesn't need mostly forest or woods. I think it could get away with having a lot of interiors.

Trick 'r Treat, that's one small scene which I'm guessing would probably be the finale or something.

And Evil Dead only needs woods for the intro leading into the cabin. Not all that much forestry! I personally think it could stay and very little people would find it redundant. As long as it's in small doses in each to be like the size as if they did only one big one than I think they succeeded haha

Edited by DTH316

I wouldn't get too hopeful for The Wolfman. I would love it and have been hoping for it every year but Murdy says he has more movie possibilities than he has mazes to fill. While I think the Wolfman is possible, I wouldnt expect it unless many negotiations fall through.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

Apparently, John is filming in the backlot I asked him if it's for the TT, but he said it's not. I'll see what his reply is. The next hint he gave out has something to do with a word that's in a Marx Bros. Film.What I also find interesting is that he just had lunch with the creative director for HHN Orlando. Interesting...

I wouldn't give my hopes up for Mack the Clown or whatever his name is, though. ;) lol

You mean........... "Jack" the clown?? Interesting...........

OMW (Om my word). I just saw a picture they posted on the FB page for Scream 4. The image showed a bloddied hanging body in a living room with the words, written in blood, above the fire place: "What's your favorite scary movie?" To me, that has maze potential written all over it. Just looking at it, I can just picture walking through there with Ghostface jumping out at me. >:)

OMW (Om my word). I just saw a picture they posted on the FB page for Scream 4. The image showed a bloddied hanging body in a living room with the words, written in blood, above the fire place: "What's your favorite scary movie?" To me, that has maze potential written all over it. Just looking at it, I can just picture walking through there with Ghostface jumping out at me. >:)

Dude, just saw it. And it looks amazing! Def has the potential to be a scene in a house.

Murdy: "It doesn't have the environment we're looking for."

Say it, I dare you. I DARE YOU!@!!1juin211uh11 You won't get my 56 bucks!!!

You gave me a heart attack! I really thought he said that at first! LOL! Don't scare me like that! :P

Oh, sorry, lol thought you all would know

But seriously, if he were to say that, I would flip

Although I'm not sure if they would use the current movie as a maze, I'd definitely like them to use that room even if it's for the original trilogy maze version.

An update with part 4 included, would be nice :)

(Yes, I just promoted the idea of Scream getting repeated into 2012 - if the world's gonna end, what better maze for your last would you have, huh?!)

Oh, sorry, lol thought you all would know

But seriously, if he were to say that, I would flip

Although I'm not sure if they would use the current movie as a maze, I'd definitely like them to use that room even if it's for the original trilogy maze version.

If they do Scream maze, I personally would rather they base it on just the first one and the latest installment. That way, the whole theme can be developed in Woodsborro since the first movie takes place there as well as the fourth. I mean, in the second and third movie, the only usable environments they had in there were the theater, movie room on the college campus, and the movie set. Murdy will probably want environments from the latest one anyway. If they were going to incorporate the theater, it would probably be based on the restroom scene which would be a bit repetitive from the high school bathroom.

(Yes, I just promoted the idea of Scream getting repeated into 2012 - if the world's gonna end, what better maze for your last would you have, huh?!)

:(

I would love to see a Scream house. I wasn't attending the event yet when Orlando did their shout-out to Ghost Face back in 06 with the All Nite Die-In 2. I hear it was pretty cool though. And where is this picture you guys are talking about? I would love to see it; it sounds deliciously gorey<3