HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

With 2011 approaching us soon, we will begin any Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood X speculation.

Please keep this thread about things we KNOW, and not things we THINK will happen. We can still use the HHN X Wishful Thinking thread for that.

Keep everything mature, we will keep this thread well moderated.

Murdy just stated on his Twitter that Trick r Treat and Evil Dead are on his "short list" for properties. What his "short list" is puzzles me. Could it be the short list of the properties he's narrowed down to that he wants to do? Could that be the short list of the properties that he's kicked out (In that case, that would probably be the tall list)? Or could we be thinking too hard and the list really is on a two-inch tall piece of paper? Hmmm....

I recall Murdy's tweets implying that he really would love to do an Evil Dead maze. If it's on the list that's on the back-burner, that would be kind of odd. In that case, I would think Wolfman has not scored well on the surveys and that Evil Dead has a good chance of coming this year as well as Trick r Treat. After all, WWW arena would be the ideal place for a Wolfman or Evil Dead maze so they would probably have to pick one or the other.

To Anserw your Question heres the Definition of Short list:

A short list or shortlist is a list of candidates for a job, prize, award, political position, etc., that has been reduced from a longer list of candidates (sometimes via intermediate lists known as "long lists"). The length of short lists varies according to the context.

so in lameman's term TrT and Evil Dead are ahead in the polls and have beat out the rest into the next round

too excited for this year :)

To Anserw your Question heres the Definition of Short list:

A short list or shortlist is a list of candidates for a job, prize, award, political position, etc., that has been reduced from a longer list of candidates (sometimes via intermediate lists known as "long lists"). The length of short lists varies according to the context.

so in lameman's term TrT and Evil Dead are ahead in the polls and have beat out the rest into the next round

too excited for this year :)

That's what I thought it meant. Trick r Treat and Evil Dead would be so awesome!

... Although that may be the correct termage for that, I highly doubt TrT made it on to the short list. Not being negative, just sayin lol, maybe Murdy just used the word in a different context.

I doubt that he would use that word out of context because he could just straight out said TrT and Evil Dead wil not be this year for (Blank) reason or becuase it didnt do well in the survey like he has every year, and Im not trying to be nit picking im just curiose is your doubts more fueled by the fact he said TrT and Evil Dead and not Scream? no offense just asking.

Lol Freak I thought we banned you from the WM word

Those two films just seem too obscure to be on the short list of that list of such big movies. But yes, if he would've said Scream was on the short list, I would've believed it immediately. I just don't have the hope in the general public that they would vote for such awesome movies like Evil Dead or TrT haha

As for my speculation:

Do you guys think this being the 10th year Universal is doing this that it'll get a 10th anniversary sticker/celebration to it in some way? Granted, it wasn't consecutive but usually people make big deals over the big years like 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 40th, 50th, so on and so on.

As for my speculation:

Do you guys think this being the 10th year Universal is doing this that it'll get a 10th anniversary sticker/celebration to it in some way? Granted, it wasn't consecutive but usually people make big deals over the big years like 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 40th, 50th, so on and so on.

Just an FYI, this will actually be the twelfth year HHN has been in Hollywood. You forgot 1986 and 1992. Not to mention we actually started HHN. ;)

Hm, maybe one year we could do a "where horror was born" celebration.

Evil Dead is still pretty obscure. I run into people all the time who have no idea what it is but they probably have seen Army of Darkness, but they never know it by that name or remember clearly what it's about. It's always "the movie with that guy with the chainsaw for a hand, yeah, he's a cool villain" - _ -

And if Evil Dead isn't obscure than TrT definitely is, so when grouped together, it gives me a bad feeling.

Well if he is using it in the true context that is very interesting and honestly suprising, cause I agree with DTH, out of all the movies on that list is really suprises me that those 2 have a large amount of votes. Am I upset about that? SURE AS HELL NOT! just very suprised. But people have majorly been pushing it on the FB page which might have something to do with it. Who knows. Can't wait to see what's in store for this year!

P.S. I have not seen Evil Dead yet but i have been wanting to see it. Will most likely rent it sometime soon, and deffinitely will if it is at HHN. (:

Well if he is using it in the true context that is very interesting and honestly suprising, cause I agree with DTH, out of all the movies on that list is really suprises me that those 2 have a large amount of votes. Am I upset about that? SURE AS HELL NOT! just very suprised. But people have majorly been pushing it on the FB page which might have something to do with it. Who knows. Can't wait to see what's in store for this year!

P.S. I have not seen Evil Dead yet but i have been wanting to see it. Will most likely rent it sometime soon, and deffinitely will if it is at HHN. (:

Just do what I do. Rent it on iTunes. Save the gas and the late fees at Blockbuster. Yet again, there's NetFlix, but back on topic...

Evil Dead, Trick r Treat, Scream, and an original maze. Let's just hope that sixth one isn't a repeat. However, as much as I'm opposed to a repeat, I wouldn't mind if TCM was the sixth maze in the Saw venue and long as that's the line-up.

Freak, if that was the line up, I'd be in horror heaven. I'd cry pure tears of joy and gold.

Evil Dead, Scream, Halloween, Trick R Treat and TCM are my top 5 favorite horror movies of all time, lol and pretty much in that order too.

Edited by DTH316

Found something interesting on Murdy's Twitter:

@disneyrthanthou No I don't. (After being asked if Murdy hates the icons) Just have our own thing. I'll be seeing the UO team this week, we're all friends

I doubt this is anything big...but I wonder if Murdy will get involved with talking with somebody at Orlando and do some cool original idea or something. Again, I don't think this really means anything....but thought it would be cool to post it.

Video-game based mazes are officially OUT for this year.

@HorrorNights do you think it's possible we could be getting a video-game based maze this year since they were on the survey?

@AppleAreGood Honestly, no. Tested a few and they didn't do well with our fan base.

Sorry guys. No Bioshock, Resident Evil, or Silent Hill maze this year.

Courtesy of Scarezone.com, here's the list that we have so far tracked from the survey:

I already crossed out the properties that we already know won't happen.

Themes from Universal

• Evil Dead/Army of Darkness
  • House of 1000 Corpses -featured in ’00 and ’10
  • Dawn of the Dead
  • Universal Studios Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.)
  • The Wolfman (2010 remake)
Themes from Lionsgate

• Hostel
  • My Bloody Valentine -featured in ’09
  • The Descent
  • Saw -featured in ’09 & ’10

Themes from New Line Cinema

• Freddy Vs. Jason
  • Friday the 13th -featured in ’07, ’08, ’10
  • Scream *2011
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street -featured in ’07, ’08, ’10
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre -featured in ’07, ’08

Themes from Other Studios

• Poltergeist
  • The Crazies
  • Stephen King Films (IT, The Shining, etc.)
  • Paranormal Activity *2011
  • The Hills Have Eyes
  • 28 Days Later
  • From Dusk Till Dawn
  • The Walking Dead
  • Resident Evil
  • Halloween (Michael Myers) - Character copyright owned by Malek Akkad and featured in ’09
  • The Exorcist
  • Trick ‘r Treat
  • Zombieland
  • Silent Hill
  • Jeepers Creepers
  • Hellraiser -Clive Barker themes featured ’98 – ’00
  • Killer Klowns From Outer Space
  • Hatchet

Themes from TV Shows

• True Blood
  • Dexter
Themes from Video Games

• Left 4 Dead
  • Biohazard

I wanna know why you crossed out 28 Days Later, The Descent & Friday the 13th/NOES? I don't remember him saying anything about those not happening. Also, I think that site should kno wthat Scream is NOT a New Line film, it's Dimension, which I believe is owned by the Weinstein's and has DVD distribution rights with Columbia.

I wanna know why you crossed out 28 Days Later, The Descent & Friday the 13th/NOES? I don't remember him saying anything about those not happening. Also, I think that site should kno wthat Scream is NOT a New Line film, it's Dimension, which I believe is owned by the Weinstein's and has DVD distribution rights with Columbia.

I crossed out 28 Days Later since I've never even heard of that film and assumed there wouldn't be much of a following. The Descent I uncrossed realizing there could be a following. F13 and NoES I crossed just for logical assumptions. Why would they bring it back? F13 pt. 2 doesn't come out to next year (2012), right? Or is it this year?

Also, I realize Scream is not a New Line property. That was just the article I copied from Scarezone.com.

... you've never heard of... 28 Days Later...

You're kidding right? And it has a HUGE following.

There's also a sequel, which IMO, was a much better film, 28 Weeks Later.

Danny Boyle (Academy Award winning director of the first film) is currently talking about finishing off the trilogy.

Granted, most of the movie takes place in an empty London and has no recognizable icons so it wouldn't ever be a maze but you definitely need to check out those two movies, dude.

1st

thank you DTH finaly someone who agrees with me that 28 Weeks later is better then 28 Days

and now

why is Dawn of the dead crossed out? and I wouldnt cross out Resident evil since it could be movie based and not VG based since the series are WAY diffrent plus RE:AL was the high point of the franchise I would say the same for Silent Hill but I dont think alot of people realize they made a movie for it

why is Dawn of the dead crossed out? and I wouldnt cross out Resident evil since it could be movie based and not VG based since the series are WAY diffrent plus RE:AL was the high point of the franchise I would say the same for Silent Hill but I dont think alot of people realize they made a movie for it

John Murdy said on his twitter that Dawn of the Dead would be a pretty hard property to get. That puzzles me since that's a Universal film, right? Or have they lost the rights since the remake? I'll un-cross off Resident Evil since that franchise is pretty big. Silent Hill will remained crossed since the film was poorly received.

Why is Hellraiser crossed out? Has he said he won't do that one? The Descent can be crossed out as Murdy said it wasn't well known enough. 28 days later should remain on the list as a possibility. Murdy has also said that Trick r Treat and The Evil Dead are on the shortlist.

Hellraiser has been crossed out since the remake has been pushed back to 2012. CURSE YOU REMAKES!!!!!! CURSE YOU ALL TO KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, I'll un-cross off 28 days later. I still don't think it's likely anyway due to the fact that there would be no recognizable characters. I honestly think Murdy would be better off to do an original maze inspired by that movie set-wise instead.