HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

If there was a scarezone there, it would be part of French street since that courtyard is technically French. I try and get permission to scare in there every year and it doesn't work. :(

I have also always thought that the courtyard would make a sweet area for the french street SZ and always figured that the reason it isn't used is because it's kind of out of the way. I suppose they can't really justify spending money on decorating an area that 80% of the guests might miss altogether. Not sure why they don't let you do your thing and scare in there if a hapless soul happens to enter. Maybe it's a security issue? Last year I witnessed a poor monster get hassled by security for scaring people too close to the bathrooms, which I thought was lame but I guess they have to be sticklers about these things.

Murdy did say that he thought the western street would be complete by HHN but evidently this is not true so it seems there won't be a SZ there this year. I wonder if that means there was one planned that will be relocated or if they will alocate the budget to other mazes/SZs. At the end of the day, the SZs are more like a bonus to me. If the SAs are good then the theme is rather inconsequential but it is still fun to see all the new characters they dream up.

I think they want us in our area so our area looks 'full'.

Fair enough but a good scare is a good scare. as long as you don't abandon your area altogether. The year that they had the Strangers it seemed like they had free run of several SZs. Maybe they could have a few wandering SAs that are themed so that they could sort of be anywhere. As it is, the courtyard (along with all that real estate over by T2) is dead space that could stand to use some spooking up.

I just want to give a major THANK YOU to all of the creative team. You've all done an awesome job this year, from afar at least.

But to the executives, marketing, etc.. SCREW YOOOOOOOOOOOU

1) FFP debacle on MANY accounts (5 nights that you CAN'T choose and that are HORRIBLE to begin with, most being in SEPTEMBER - - selling such a limited amount of them at a VERY short notice which I believe was only about 24 hours- - and not planning on having them in the first place)

2) Closing the Terror Tram line at NINE on Thursdays and Sundays. For the longer rant, go to the Terror Tram thread (also for the link if you've yet to see this also)

3) MAJOR delay on selling the tickets.

4) MAJOR delay on an updated website

5) Same tagline as last year.

*Krusty voice* UGGGGGGGGGGGH

I just want to give a major THANK YOU to all of the creative team. You've all done an awesome job this year, from afar at least.

But to the executives, marketing, etc.. SCREW YOOOOOOOOOOOU

1) FFP debacle on MANY accounts (5 nights that you CAN'T choose and that are HORRIBLE to begin with, most being in SEPTEMBER - - selling such a limited amount of them at a VERY short notice which I believe was only about 24 hours- - and not planning on having them in the first place)

2) Closing the Terror Tram line at NINE on Thursdays and Sundays. For the longer rant, go to the Terror Tram thread (also for the link if you've yet to see this also)

3) MAJOR delay on selling the tickets.

4) MAJOR delay on an updated website

5) Same tagline as last year.

*Krusty voice* UGGGGGGGGGGGH

AGREED!!!

While I'll admit, things do seem a little rushed this season from an ops perspective (there seems to be no good reason why the website hasn't been updated by this point) I think that we all need to just take the proverbial chill pill and realize what we're complianing about.

-tickets haven't gone on sale yet but who cares? when they go on sale we will all get tickets so does it really matter how early they are offered?

-the whole FFP debacle - seriously guys (and gals)? Cry me a river cuz they took your HHN AP away. I have picked one night to attend every year so far and my experience has been great. had no problem doing every maze (some twice), spending quality time in the SZs, caught Bill and Ted and even got a couple of rides in. Pick a night. Buy a ticket. Go have fun. Quit your bitching. At the end of the day the FFP holders are mostly obnoxious and make the event less fun (in the familiar style of Disney APs).

-closing the TT early on certain nights - while I do agree that this kind of sucks for people who are not in the know, if you choose to go on a Sunday or Thursday then get to Uni nice and early and book your ass to the TT first. No big deal. Or just go on a Friday or Saturday. Problem solved.

-limited Front of Line Pass bologna - who even gets these things? Stand in line like a normal person. I have never stood in a line for more than 40 minutes and usually no more than 15 or 20.

-same tag line? slight lack of originality? yes. does it hurt the event in ANY way? absolutely not.

'nuff said

The site has gone live people and scarezones are annouced Klowns and Freakz are back though :/

well we knew that the clowns were coming back. Freaks was a fine and dandy SZ last year. The new ones sound pretty cool (even if Zombieville may be a less specifically themed retread of Shaun of the Dead). I'm pretty stoked.

yeah true but Reapers sounds pretty cool Im finaly "NO PIGS!" :D

Yeah I have high hopes for the Reaper characters. Although, you all know that I have a soft spot for the pigs. haha! I will pour some of my 40 on the block for fallen pigs while celebrating the arrival of the reapers and remaining somewhat apathetic to the clowns. Btw, I refuse to spell clown with a K. Why every haunted attraction applies the Mortal Kombat school of thought to their clowns has always been beyond me.

No closing statements? Guess I'm going to be the one closing this off.

Well guys, after eleven months of speculation, we finally know all of the mazes, Terror Tram, and scarezones. As usual, speculation has been a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, smiles and frowns (Hey that rhymes!). Throughout the run, we have been kicking butt at predicting all of the content this year and I want to give you all a pat on the back for that. *Pat pat*

While I am thrilled that this year will be eons better than the crap-tastic debacle that was last year's event, I am thrilled with the mazes that we have. A good diversity of movie mazes and original content. Not only that, but we are going to be in for our best Terror Tram yet! The only thing I'm disappointed by are the scarezones and the repeat of House of 1000 Corpses. Five scarezones with two of them being repeats and the last three sounding really lame. Oh well, hopefully they'll invest a bit more into the scarezones next year and possibly no repeat mazes. But for now, I'm thrilled with what this year will bring...and I can't wait to go on opening night. See you in the other threads and hopefully at the event guys!

G'night everybody! You've been a great audience!

psd-power-button.jpg

This thread will now be used for archives. Stand by as I prepare the discussion thread. :)