HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Also, it looks like we may have a new movie to throw into the speculation mix for this year: John Carpenter's The Ward:

I've been told that this is supposed to be released the same weekend as Scream 4! :o Looks like it may have some competition. If that's the case, it's possible I may see two movies the same weekend. :D Let's just hope both prosper. This movie does look like it has good maze potential...

Now hold on Freak! Don't get ahead of yourself! This film is having a problem with distribution and probably won't ever make a wide release. Seems it's now just going straight to DVD while playing in a limited amount of theaters. I love these actresses (Amber Heard mostly for her looks haha cuz her acting even in the trailer is pretty bad) and the style and story seems pretty cool to me as well, but I highly doubt we'll be seeing this, this year considering it's "possible" limited release in April, straight to DVD release in May and then Murdy having to pray it's popular enough on those two warrants alone (which I am telling you right now, it won't be). Next year? Possibly, if it gets a following like TrT is starting to grow. Also hard to say because we haven't got a really good look at the ghost/killer yet or the types of weapons it uses but I think the environments are there along with a few oddball characters we would see as victims in the maze. I say for this year's HHN, I give it a 2% chance of happening.

P.S. It in no way is competition to Scream 4!

You guys are misinterpreting the post; Murdy was being sarcastic.

Well this is the internet afterall, I guess it's hard to pick up on haha

Oh and I forgot to say it but HAPPY MARCH!

3 - 4 months away from potentially knowing our event!

5 months away from attending it!

The time has gone by quite fast and I hope it gets here sooner!

You guys are misinterpreting the post; Murdy was being sarcastic.

Well this is the internet afterall, I guess it's hard to pick up on haha

Oh and I forgot to say it but HAPPY MARCH!

3 - 4 months away from potentially knowing our event!

5 months away from attending it!

The time has gone by quite fast and I hope it gets here sooner!

Tell me about t! I'm already missing punching a kitten out of anger from delayed PRs and hearing news of repeats. :P

Murdy released another hint on either a new maze or a previous code-name. The hint is, "Mark Arm".

While Im skeptical, I think the idea of a sleepy Hollow maze (if done right, of course) could be really freaking awsome.

And I'm all for the Candyman idea; I feel dumb for not thinking of it before!!! That movie is chilling; Idr the name of the actor who plays him but everytime I see him I get the goosebumps ><

It could still definitely be TrT too....ugh.......so many options!

I'd love to see Sleepy Hollow also but right now it's at Knotts (not primarily based off the movie property, but still). But then again, they used La Llorona which was a main selling point for Dia De Los Muertos. I think another stolen idea would be pretty bad!

I'd love to see Sleepy Hollow also but right now it's at Knotts (not primarily based off the movie property, but still). But then again, they used La Llorona which was a main selling point for Dia De Los Muertos. I think another stolen idea would be pretty bad!

plus that sounded too much like a joke on Murdy's part, besides Im sure any new/Original Material will be the very last thing he'd let know about

So it appears those behind Trick 'r Treat aren't going without a fight! The Facebook page of the film has just posted the film's trailer ON HHN Hollywood's Facebook site. This is to not only to market the movie to it's prime demographic but apparently to rally up votes, support and hopefully enough fan stamina to be suggested to be a maze this year. Great to see a smaller film is trying their hardest to get this done. I hope it works out in the end!

So it appears those behind Trick 'r Treat aren't going without a fight! The Facebook page of the film has just posted the film's trailer ON HHN Hollywood's Facebook site. This is to not only to market the movie to it's prime demographic but apparently to rally up votes, support and hopefully enough fan stamina to be suggested to be a maze this year. Great to see a smaller film is trying their hardest to get this done. I hope it works out in the end!

I really hopes this works out as well. Not just because I love trick r treat and think a maze would be awesome but also because it bodes well for the future of the event. I still feel that having mazes themed only to popular movies limits it far too much. I think the ideal year would have 3 popular movie mazes, 2 original mazes and 1 lesser known movie that lends itself well to a maze. I will give Murdy the benefit of the doubt and concede that maybe the event wasn't popular or expansive enough to do this in the past, and maybe it still isn't. But I want to see the event take its first strides towards more diversity this year.

Also, its been a while since I've posted so I will give my thoughts on the clues Murdy has been giving. My best guesses are Scream, The Thing, and Trick r Treat. But that's just going off what he hasn't shot down. I haven't given too much thought on it because even if we are right he will never tell us. Fun to speculate on, but I don't think we can actually pinpoint it as the clues are far too vague.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

I really hopes this works out as well. Not just because I love trick r treat and think a maze would be awesome but also because it bodes well for the future of the event. I still feel that having mazes themed only to popular movies limits it far too much. I think the ideal year would have 3 popular movie mazes, 2 original mazes and 1 lesser known movie that lends itself well to a maze. I will give Murdy the benefit of the doubt and concede that maybe the event wasn't popular or expansive enough to do this in the past, and maybe it still isn't. But I want to see the event take its first strides towards more diversity this year.

Also, its been a while since I've posted so I will give my thoughts on the clues Murdy has been giving. My best guesses are Scream, The Thing, and Trick r Treat. But that's just going off what he hasn't shot down. I haven't given too much thought on it because even if we are right he will never tell us. Fun to speculate on, but I don't think we can actually pinpoint it as the clues are far too vague.

If Trick r Treat is posting their own trailer, that only tells me that they're fighting to make sure it gets to HHN this year; like DTH said. If that's the case, I'm really concerned that Murdy doesn't really plan on Trick r Treat being a maze or a theme. Either that or Murdy has secretly allowed Mr. Daughtry to tease us and have us aware on what it is to prep us on the the first PR. That's some wild speculation, but hey, it could happen. Better yet, Mr. Daughtry could get so excited about working with Murdy on it, he could pull a Saw and spill the beans too early!

Whatever the case, I really hope we don't find out about our first maze in August.

If Trick r Treat is posting their own trailer, that only tells me that they're fighting to make sure it gets to HHN this year; like DTH said. If that's the case, I'm really concerned that Murdy doesn't really plan on Trick r Treat being a maze or a theme. Either that or Murdy has secretly allowed Mr. Daughtry to tease us and have us aware on what it is to prep us on the the first PR. That's some wild speculation, but hey, it could happen. Better yet, Mr. Daughtry could get so excited about working with Murdy on it, he could pull a Saw and spill the beans too early!

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that at all. Unfortunate because Murdy has been kind of leading the fans on about it, at least over twitter.

Seriously, after all this Trick 'r Treat build up (being on the survey, Murdy giving it a watch, the interview, the trailer on FB), I think I'll actually be pretty disappointed at this point if it doesn't show up this year. Nowhere near as disappointed if there's no Scream but seriously, it would be a year of substantial rumors culminate to nothing.

^ Here's what he said after that: @horrornightsman Yes things have changed. The hints were related but no longer apply (and I like the 2nd/3rd week the best).

Maybe he's saying that they changed the movie the maze is based off of? Maybe the TrT trailer posted on the FB page had an affect on Murdy's decision-making? :huh:

Alright, Freak, prepare to freak out, lol

I hate to add fuel to the gravy train that is the ill-fated Wolfman but guess what...

Speculation for that couldn't be better for Wolfie at this moment!

Straight off the heels of winning Best Make Up at the Academy Awards, Universal has now announced -- wait for it -- a sequel!

Wait for it again -- but it's going to direct to video.

Universal's Home Entertainment category is actually a pretty big deal though. There's been at least 4 sequels to American Pie, Blue Crush 2 coming out this year, Carlito's Way, Death Race, etc.. So it's apparent these films do very well to keep up with having sequels released onto home video.

Is it possible HHN might take the initiative to drive up some buzz surrounding the sequel and give their Oscar winning film some more recognition?

I say it's chances have risen from 0 to a good 65% chance of happening in less than a week.

An Oscar win and a sequel... what would be a better time to do it than this year? If anything, the time is a bit more right than it was before.

The year prior, it wasn't done because it would've basically been a "promotion" maze, which didn't sit well with Murdy.

The year after, it wasn't successful enough to warrant one (even though it racked up way more than HOTC and/or Devil's Rejects COMBINED).

But now, it's on Cinemax where it's playing practically every 4 hours and it's fan base is rising.

It just won an Oscar (for Make Up, which the Academy doesn't mind giving to a horror film but an Oscar win is an Oscar win).

And it has a sequel in the mix.

Could this possibly have been what Murdy was waiting for?

You decide!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23764

Edited by DTH316

Alright, Freak, prepare to freak out, lol

I hate to add fuel to the gravy train that is the ill-fated Wolfman but guess what...

Speculation for that couldn't be better for Wolfie at this moment!

http://www.bloody-di....com/news/23764

Oh. My. Word. YES!!!! :o:D *Brushes asbestos and dust off of me after jumping through the roof with joy*

Just when I accepted the Wolfman not happening this year and decided to move on, it sprung out from the ashes of Talbot Manor! This just made my night right here! I can only imagine the line-up. Scream, Wolfman, Trick r Treat....just having those three would make this year kick so much but, I would sooooo buy a frequent fear pass! Even though I'm to go to college this year, I'd make time to go at least twice! Great find DTH!