HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Notice that he started concept design after his lunch with Rob Zombie? Hm...

I never saw that on his twitter. Maybe I didn't read it thouroughly enough? :huh:

If that's the case, I don't think it would be House of 1000 Corpses again since repeats don't require going through concept design over something that has already been done last year. Maybe they worked it out to be able to get Halloween? If that's the case, I wouldn't mind if it was the only repeat. I thought the remake (The first one), while mediocre, had some pretty descent environments to work with as a maze.

The problem is, if they do bring back Michael in repeat form, that would spell doom for Evil Dead coming this year knowing it would be in the WW arena...unless they skipped Trick r Treat and put Evil Dead in the JP Overspill queue or Shrek. If Scream 4 does well (and I'm sure it will....oh crap I jinxed it!), then I think Ghostface would be the main icon. In that case, I couldn't see TrT coming knowing it has to be the main theme since Sam is the spirit of Halloween.

I will be very sad if TrT doesn't make it this year. :( But y'know, with Scream it'll probably be for the better if he's the main icon and then TrT can take over next year (2012). Sam can go after people riding Transformers on Halloween and not following tradition. ;)

maybe they are coming up with an original design together?

Hmmmm, that would be interesting! I think we speculated on that later last year after 2010's event ended. Maybe it could be something like "The Thrilling Chilling World of Rob Zombie" back in '99. That could probably be the big 3D maze for this year. :) Although if I had to chose between one or the other, I'd rather pick Freakz to be the original maze for this year.

DTH its too early to count Scream so put a smile remeber there was a wolfman maze that went through design but was scrapped becuase the date was pushed back so they could have it planed out and have a replacement IF knock on wood 4 bombs but then again Scream has 3 succesfull movies so I would still say its a 85% chance

What he said. Better not count our chickens before they hatch. Remember the whole Wolfman craze last year and "prophesied" it coming last year but it never happened because of bad reviews and low box office receipts? Well, even though Scream may be the third most-anticipated movie for this year, there's always the possibility people and critics could heavily bash and reduce the box office receipts, so in that case, if it bombs or doesn't do very well, I could indeed see Scream being tossed out and replaced by the Wolfman or something (Now THAT would be a major trade-off between me and DTH! :lol: ) or maybe even a repeat of something else. Fact is, like Grindhouse said, it's too early to count. The Wolfman has been a testament to that.

Also for Scream (Again, this IF it bombs, though a big IF), Murdy has been implying on Twitter that he was a tad hesitant to use Scream since the GP may not find him scary or since all of the environments "take place in a bunch of houses". I think we discussed this earlier in the year. Of course, if 4 does well, then I would definitely count on Ghostface coming this year.

BTW guys, I apologize for using the W-Word so many times. ;) good to see speculation pick back up again.

Also DTH, if there's a repeat, the absence of Scream AND Trick r' Treat, how would you respond?

Hmmmm, that would be interesting! I think we speculated on that later last year after 2010's event ended. Maybe it could be something like "The Thrilling Chilling World of Rob Zombie" back in '99. That could probably be the big 3D maze for this year. :) Although if I had to chose between one or the other, I'd rather pick Freakz to be the original maze for this year.

yeahh i still want a freakz maze too. lol

That depends... if Scream not attending means its being replaced by Evil Dead :-D

But if not, Universal can go to Hell!

I was hoping for an image to express your frustration. lol

So here's what we have so far in our speculation:

-Rob Zombie working with John to create a new, most-likely 3D maze; also most like to be original maze

-Scream maze

-Evil Dead, despite word of a remake

-Trick r Treat maze, possible theme

-Hostel maze, with new movie coming out and Eli Roth wanting to work for HHN.

-Terror Tram going to new location.

As for House of Horrors, I wonder if Murdy will finally do something with he environment? I might have mentioned this in another thread last year, and if so, please forgive for repeating myself, but it would be cool to change it up a bit by putting in some new LED lighting, fill up Frankenstein's Lab with fog and LED strobes and a couple of new props or something. I'm not asking for a dramatic, costly change to HoH, but a simple Knott's Log Ride-style overlay where a few new props, lighting effects, fog, and scareactors are added, yet the attraction is still open during the day, and the "turned off" props can just be left there as a preview or covered up with a black blanket like Knott's does with their mine and log rides. Even just something as simple as putting in new lighting effects and some fog would make a DRAMATIC plus for the experience.

EDIT: Wow! More stuff to add to speculation! First this: @fluffitssteven Only Saw was a repeat last year and we changed 3 of the scenes. Should be lots of new content this year.

Well what he said at first concerns me. It shows that the word "All-new" has been greatly twisted. :( When he says that, I'm sure that if Texas Chainsaw Massacre comes back based on the original, he say: "But it's an all-new maze. Nothing is being reused." Oh well.

Another tweet: (When asked what film maker he's meeting with) @Popsiehhn_7 That's confidential right now...sorry. But its someone I haven't met before.

Hmmmm....It can't be Eli Roth since he spoke with him at the Eyegores...same with Toby Hooper. Obviously not Rob Zombie and I don't think it's Wes Craven since he said he spoke with the people of Scream there and that was most presumably on the day they took those autographs for My Soul to Take...Michael Daughtry, anybody? ;)

That's some exciting speculation there, Freak!

And yeah, I was aiming to disappoint with simple words instead of an image lol it's called delivering negatively expectation after high anticipation. For example, sword wielding guy in Indiana Jones and then he just shoots him lmao

Something that does worry me is the "should be" and then "mostly new" content. That sounds like a lot of if's and maybe's. I suspect we might be getting either a scarezone or a maze back. I think last year was just too successful NOT to.

That's some exciting speculation there, Freak!

And yeah, I was aiming to disappoint with simple words instead of an image lol it's called delivering negatively expectation after high anticipation. For example, sword wielding guy in Indiana Jones and then he just shoots him lmao

Something that does worry me is the "should be" and then "mostly new" content. That sounds like a lot of if's and maybe's. I suspect we might be getting either a scarezone or a maze back. I think last year was just too successful NOT to.

We'll probably get a scarezone back, which wouldn't be too bad, though I prefer them to be all-new. I think it's pretty safe to eliminate La Llorana :P

As for getting a maze back, what would it be? They've already beaten the tar out of the major properties, with the exception of TCM and Halloween. Under Murdy's guise, the only repeat would be HoTC. TCM a would be based off the remake and the original for Halloween; therefore, Murdy would not count those as repeats.

Going back to the "only possible true repeat being HoTC", I'm kind of hazy on that happening for the reason that John wouldn't schedule a lunch with Rob just to ask him to bring back a crowd-favorite. I would imagine he would discuss possible concepts on what to use for the maze or something. I may jinx the event for saying this, but it's possible that we won't see any repeats. Remakes, maybe. Repeats, I doubt it.

i would not mind if the klownz scarezone came back honestly. I LOVED that scarezone, and the ringmaster was my FAVORITE!

and...AHH i hope it's Michael Daughtry! :D

It better not be Michael Bay. :blink: It might be either Sam Remi or Daughtry.

I'm more than confident that SAW is DONE. Thank GOD. However, I have an odd feeling he's not done with Freddy... I suspect if there were to be a repeat, that'd be it due to the conversations he's having with Rob Zombie and what he's been claiming so far (and also because the new F13 was a bit older than NOES). And plus, I get the feeling that Rob wouldn't just wanna repeat one of his mazes and would like to work on some new ideas for this type of thing. He may have bastardized Halloween but at least he did something different and I suspect he'll have the same work ethic here. Maybe it's possible the Firefly clan will return but in an all new original adventure starring them? We might see something like House of 1000 Corpses: The Return of Dr. Satan. Maybe some type of untold sequel to the film, which I wouldn't mind. (It'd have to be a sequel to HOTC and not Rejects cuz... well you'd know if you saw the film.) Plus, Rejects wouldn't work as a maze. So in a way, it very well COULD BE an ORIGINAL AND A REPEAT. Original new story and sets, repeat characters with similar themes. Would that bug me? Not really. I think I'd prefer his version of Halloween though but that's just because I miss Michael Myers.

I'm more than confident that SAW is DONE. Thank GOD. However, I have an odd feeling he's not done with Freddy... I suspect if there were to be a repeat, that'd be it due to the conversations he's having with Rob Zombie and what he's been claiming so far (and also because the new F13 was a bit older than NOES). And plus, I get the feeling that Rob wouldn't just wanna repeat one of his mazes and would like to work on some new ideas for this type of thing. He may have bastardized Halloween but at least he did something different and I suspect he'll have the same work ethic here. Maybe it's possible the Firefly clan will return but in an all new original adventure starring them? We might see something like House of 1000 Corpses: The Return of Dr. Satan. Maybe some type of untold sequel to the film, which I wouldn't mind. (It'd have to be a sequel to HOTC and not Rejects cuz... well you'd know if you saw the film.) Plus, Rejects wouldn't work as a maze. So in a way, it very well COULD BE an ORIGINAL AND A REPEAT. Original new story and sets, repeat characters with similar themes. Would that bug me? Not really. I think I'd prefer his version of Halloween though but that's just because I miss Michael Myers.

Murdy even said on Twitter that he thinks he covered all the traps that he could cover. So Saw is officially DONE, which I am SO thankful for! :D I really, REALLY doubt Freddy would return anytime soon. If he even though about it, Murdy would be under so much crap with his fans...unless he based it off the remake's sequel to come out....2012? 2013?

Some speculation that I have if Rob Zombie were to team up with Murdy again would be if they did an "All-Nite-Die-in-esque" maze where people would go through Rob Zombie's recording studio, through a vortex, through scenes of House of 1000 Corpses and Halloween, then maybe through some original scenes or something. Although it would be a repeat without technically bringing back a maze, it would still suck because our "original maze" would be mostly movie scenes. I think that speculation on the Firefly family is very interesting, DTH, and certainly something I've never though of. My money's on John and Rob doing an original maze that could possibly feature the Firefly famiy again in sme way or another...maybe even Dr. Satan. Hmmmm.....

Of course one thing you can bet on is that if it's true Rob is doing a maze for HHN again, there's a 98% chance it will be in 3D ZombieVision. :)

No HOTC and Halloween clashes. Rob doesn't own the rights to Halloween anymore, so the other creators probably wouldn't want to share the spotlight.

How about this for an original maze? Rob Zombie's Universal House of Horrors - Presented in Zombievision 3D. Basically, Rob Zombie doing his own version of all the Universal classics, much like your "die in" speculation. That way, it's not completely original and fans will have an interest, plus the 3D craze, PLUS with Rob Zombie's twist on it. I think it'd be HUGE. Very unlikely but we'll see.

No HOTC and Halloween clashes. Rob doesn't own the rights to Halloween anymore, so the other creators probably wouldn't want to share the spotlight.

How about this for an original maze? Rob Zombie's Universal House of Horrors - Presented in Zombievision 3D. Basically, Rob Zombie doing his own version of all the Universal classics, much like your "die in" speculation. That way, it's not completely original and fans will have an interest, plus the 3D craze, PLUS with Rob Zombie's twist on it. I think it'd be HUGE. Very unlikely but we'll see.

No offense DTH, but that sounds too far out there to happen. lol. Especially since the GP will get that confused with he HoH overlay, see the year-round House of Horrors sign at the entrance, and mistake that for the Rob Zombie maze. Since Rob can't do anything with the Halloween franchise with the addition of the "new work ethic" you have noticed, the whole "Die-In" concept doesn't sound too likely either.

I think they could very well be working on a completely original maze. Unless they use that Freakz concept maze Murdy was hitting around with, it sounds like it could be on hold unless Rob likes it and wants to work with it. I'm speculating a theme that would have to do with going inside the mind of Rob Zombie. Like the one in '99. It could go something like this: You enter Rob Zombie's recording studio where we would hear his music blasting with his music videos playing, then through a spinning vortex with flashing LED lights and colorful images on there to make it completely distorting. Mirrors at the end of each tunnel would add to the distorting effect. We could go through various original locations involving a surgeon's room where Dr. Satan would be, a room full of mirrors with flashing LEDs. One of the mirrors could be a secret door for Capt. Spaulding to come out and scare the crap out of you.There could also be various other rooms depicting torture chambers and what-not.

EDIT TO ADD: Just read this on twitter: (Being asked to do an original theme for a maze) @disneyrthanthou "I have a lot of filmakers who want to work with us this year so we'll see how if all plays out". I hope our original maze does not go into Jeopardy. :( He did say that he wouldn't rule anything out though. I just hope our original maze doesn't get bumped for the sake of a remake or something.

murdy said something about doing mazes with people that were very excited to be a part of HHN and have been big fans of HHN. I recall Daughtry saying how big a fan he is of HHN and how he doesnt know why HHN hasnt wanted to do trick r' treat yet in that interview that keeps getting posted around here(: i dont wanna jinx anything though. ha.

Well the name I proposed wouldn't stick but I was just trying to give some familiarity to what the idea was, lol, this is assuming the House of Horrors gets a decent enough overlay and the Universal Monsters get there own spot, preferably at T2. This would satisfy SO MANY people on SO MANY FRONTS. All the people, including Murdy, who want a Universal Monsters maze. Rob Zombie, as a creator, who wants to pay tribute to the classics that made him want to get into filmmaking in the first place (also, he'll get it out of his system so he'll stop butchering the films we love). The fans, who like 3D for no apparent reason. So basically, fans of Universal Horror, Rob and 3D all collide and you got what could very well be the best maze we've ever had on a critical and attendance stand point which will also be therapuetic for our beloved creative team who work HHN that have been wanting to do an original maze, another 3D maze, collaborating with Rob Zombie and finally getting the classic monsters maze all in one bag. I'm sure if Murdy was reading this, he'd probably think it was a great idea and he shouldn't hesitate to jump on it before Knotts, or even Orlando does.

murdy said something about doing mazes with people that were very excited to be a part of HHN and have been big fans of HHN. I recall Daughtry saying how big a fan he is of HHN and how he doesnt know why HHN hasnt wanted to do trick r' treat yet in that interview that keeps getting posted around here(: i dont wanna jinx anything though. ha.

Hmmm...that could be him! :)

Another thing to add to the speculation pot would be the Walking Dead. This would be our first maze based on a TV show and our first zombie maze. He says he has his eye on it. Guess I need to buy the first season of Walking Dead, then.

I'm definitely seeing a Walking Dead scarezone possibility. Maze? Not a chance. All the settings were in the streets or in the forests. UNLESS they do my idea of setting up a maze in one of the upperlot street areas like in the middle of NY Street instead of having another Klownz or Welcome to Hell scarezone. Even better if it was long enough and led into the WWW Venue for some forest and very small amount of inside portions (hospital being one). OMG, I just excited myself for something that's never gonna happen!!! :'( I really wish I could create this event...

I'm definitely seeing a Walking Dead scarezone possibility. Maze? Not a chance. All the settings were in the streets or in the forests. UNLESS they do my idea of setting up a maze in one of the upperlot street areas like in the middle of NY Street instead of having another Klownz or Welcome to Hell scarezone. Even better if it was long enough and led into the WWW Venue for some forest and very small amount of inside portions (hospital being one). OMG, I just excited myself for something that's never gonna happen!!! :'( I really wish I could create this event...

Maybe we'll see a Walking Dead scarezone in the NY streets or something since Murdy says he has his eye on that property.

Although I love the flame towers, I would love to see them be relocated somewhere else in the park. The lower lot could definitely use it.

Im agreed with DTH theres not too much meat in Walking dead (No pun intended) to make a full fledge maze espeacialy since there only like 5 episodes so I can see SZ

Maybe we'll see a Walking Dead scarezone in the NY streets or something since Murdy says he has his eye on that property.

Although I love the flame towers, I would love to see them be relocated somewhere else in the park. The lower lot could definitely use it.

I realy dont see them moving the Flamethrowers if they come back

I seriously doubt they'll use Saw or Freddy again this year. It's getting evident that the crowds are begining to get tired of them.

Or at least I hope there will be a fresh crop of ideas coming our way. This is gonna be my first year attending the event out in California and I want it to be the best it can be :D

Only 8 more months!!

^ Why does Murdy have to be so full of $#!T? He claims, "we have deals being processed so we can't reveal specifics just yet." And then when it's things about the theme park in general, NOTHING to do with the properties, like for example, "will there be a 6th maze or where will it be located?" he always gives some lame answer. Like seriously, would it kill him to say "Terror Tram, at this moment, is being relocated. We're trying things out to see how they work in some areas. If all goes well, we're changing it up this year but things can always change." Do you have any idea how satisfied I'd be with that answer? TONS and it would hurt exactly NOBODY. So WTF, what gives? I honestly would like to know an official answer for that nonsense.

Edited by DTH316