HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Hmmm a bunch of interesting topics on here.

Well i think all that money that the park got last year would be suited for an event of there own " universal" based instead of wasting millions on different movie properties.

the terror tram could be labeled as classic screams : which is all based on the classic movie monsters. Instead of modern ones. if done right and enough time too think things through it would be pretty awesome.

Setting up black tents buying tarps can't be that much too invest in along the open parts of the tram ride.

Only modern day character that would be pretty cool seeing again. Would be Leatherface.

all the other mazes could be classic characters. except physcho. that one is kinda lame.

and the scare zones could be anything.

Hmmm a bunch of interesting topics on here.

Well i think all that money that the park got last year would be suited for an event of there own " universal" based instead of wasting millions on different movie properties.

the terror tram could be labeled as classic screams : which is all based on the classic movie monsters. Instead of modern ones. if done right and enough time too think things through it would be pretty awesome.

Setting up black tents buying tarps can't be that much too invest in along the open parts of the tram ride.

Only modern day character that would be pretty cool seeing again. Would be Leatherface.

all the other mazes could be classic characters. except physcho. that one is kinda lame.

and the scare zones could be anything.

First of all, welcome to the site tickclock! :)

Just for future reference, this is something that probably should have gone in the Wishful Thinking thread since this thread is strictly for speculation, but that's okay. :) We just prefer that any speculation go here and any wishful thinking to go in the wishful thinking thread.

With that said, Murdy admitted that the general public wouldn't really go for the classic horror characters. Psycho has already been done six years in a row and would like to see a new location on the Terror Tram (Though Murdy actually said himself that he likes the location and would be sort of hesitant to relocate the TT).The Wolfman could have worked VERY well on the Terror Tram but instead chose a failed attempt at La Llorana. As cool as it would be to see this, I don't see it happening, unfortunately. The GP is in the majority and they seem to be calling the shots for the event and that's the way it is. Lack any modern characters, and the majority will bash it and say how much it sucked because Jason or Michael Myers wasn't there. A more original twist on the classics may have been a hit in Orlando, but unfortunately, we have a different crowd that only wants their favorite movies to be turned into themes/mazes at HHN.

Speaking of classic characters, around March last year back on the Vault, Murdy gave out the hint on Twitter of "Scream, stab, stab, chop, gurgle, plop", and we automatically assumed that it was Psycho since that sounded very much like the shower scene (When really it turned out to be Friday the 13th when we found out officially in August). After that, with the release of the Wolfman, we started to really speculate on if this year would be a classic theme. It was also at the time when we heard Murdy tweet that he was working with an original concept (Which was, of course, Vampyre. It was going to go where the Shrek queue was until the Elm Street remake came in and then it got bumped into House of Horrors). The hint for the original theme was that it had it origins in literature. Now we were REALLY going nuts on the whole classic speculation. We were predicting a Wolfman maze, a Frankenstein overlay for House of Horrors (With an original twist like Orlando's version), and Psycho maze, a possible vampire maze or something on Dracula (We were close!), and something unknown to go where the lower lot is. Heck we were still convinced that the fifth maze was going to be the Gibson lawn! Sorry for typing down my really long flashback. lol

As for the whole things about tarps (I know this should probably go in Wishful thinking but here I go anyway), I would actually like to see John do something new and make a "mini maze" of some sort like you were getting at. Like maybe a labyrinth of ruins, fog, and burnt wood of a destroyed building of some sort replacing the sheet maze, assuming of course that the TT will still remain in its original location. If by some chance the Terror Tram stops by Little Europe, I would so love to see the path go inside the buildings with some sets in there...but I don't see that happening since that would cost around the same as adding another maze; add to the cost of a sixth maze so....

I agree with you about Leatherface since I never saw the original maze in person; however, I'd rather not see him again until 2012's event since I want this year to be all-new with no repeats or remakes.

Guys, is it just me, or am I the only one who feels kinda bored with speculation seeing that it's getting to be a bit obvious this year for the most part?

Yes, I know HHNBro is not really our favorite updater, but he claims that he has spotted some crew members measuring the Jurassic Park overspill queue. I'm probably going to jinx it when I say this like I did with Evil Dead, :P but I think this sixth maze is going to happen. B) You gotta at least give him some credit for giving us park updates.

http://www.youtube.c...g&feature=feedu

Big news guys! When I say big news, I really do mean BIG news! Trick r' Treat just asked on their FB page if their fans would like to see a trick r Treat maze for Halloween Horror Nights this year! I think this could be a hint at what's to come like Saw in 2009 where Tobin Bell leaked it.

http://www.facebook.com/TrickrTreat

By the way...WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY!?!?!?

If it does happen, will you able to come out to Hollywood? ;)

Unfortuneatly, no... :(

I wish.

Not to keep plugging my "Trick r' Treat maze idea, but here it is again for anyone that hasn't already seen it:

You enter in Emma's yard with all of the ghost scarecrows. You can see the facade of the house, it is an unpractical set. You come upon Emma's severed body with the pumpkin lolipop. Then Sam jumps out at you with a sheet. You enter through a gate in the fence and are now in the yard of Mr. Kreeg. His yard is full of jack o' lanterns. You enter under the porch and into the den. You see Sam run across the hallway upstairs. Once you exit the den and enter into a hallyway leading to the bedroom you see Mr. Kreeg strugling for his life after being attacked by Sam. Still going down the long hallway you hear a shotgun blast coming from a room to the left of you. Then you enter the bedroom with the flaming jack o' lantern and red writting all over the walls. You exit the house and now are in the backyard of Principal Wilkins digging the grave for the kid he posioned, Charlie. You walk through a tall wooden fence surrounding the yard and are now in what seems like a rock quarry filled with thick fog. There is very little light and you here the voices of children taunt you. Shortly after, the flickering of the bus headlights reveal the children in their costumes, inches away from your face. After you escape from the children you are on the path lit by jack o' lanterns in the forest. After you are distracted by Laurie in her Red Riding Hood costume, a vampire tries to attack you, which later turns out to be Principal Wilkins. Afterwards, you come upon the suprise party. All of the girls are ripping out of their storybook costumes and transforming into werewolves. You see their dates, dead. Once you are about to leave the party, mauled and scratched body of Principal Wilkins falls from a tree with his his vampire costume. You leave the forest and are in an area filled with thick, dense fog. The only thing in sight is a jack o' lantern. You see the flame go out, everything is dark. Then an extremley loud scretch is heard, a blinding light is flashed several times revealing Sam's face in jack o' lantern form.

1081 votes in just under 2 days. Oh God, please let it be so!! Trick 'r Treat and Evil Dead would compliment each other so well. Scream may be a bit odd thrown in there but God, you'd have to surgically remove the smile on my face once those are announced.

Well Murdy just posted on Twitter that as an added measure the houses will have code names this year.

And he released the first code name which is "GV Black"

Yes, YES!!!! FINALLY SOMETHING TO SPECULATE ABOUT!!!! THANK YOU MURDY FOR TOSSING US A BONE! :D

With that said, such a code-name could mean ANYTHING. Did you know that the code-name for the King Kong remake, when transferring files for DVDs was "Tiny Dancer"? On the Studio Tour, look for the production slate on the Skull Island/Part the Waters scene. It will say, "Production: Tiny Dancer". Nobody would ever guess that if you didn't know. Even if the code-name did mean anything, it's possible it could be Scream. I mean, Ghostface wore a black costume, there two black victims in the second movie, maybe that's it. Then again, I'm only half-serious.

Point of what I just said: Code-names are just code-names. Like I said with King Kong, the code-names, most likely, won't have anything to do with the maze. It could in a VERY subtle way like I have mentioned with Scream, but if you were Murdy and wanted to keep everything top-secret, you would do your best to make sure the code-name won't give out any hints.

Last year, they really lost their act. Even HHNBro uncovered Friday the 13th very prematurely when he filmed an update and noticed one of the crates labeled, "F13". We all dismissed it as hogwash since we figured Uni wouldn't be dumb enough to put the name of the maze on there and figured that it was a code-name. I guess they learned from last year and will be more tight-under-the-belt.

EDIT: Wow. Screw everything I just said. I saw that there was a secret connection to the code-name right after I mentioned all of that. Maybe I'm right after all! LOL

EDIT AGAIN: Holy crap, I think it IS Scream! Murdy just said that the movie this maze will be based off of has been out before 2009, there's an object in the film that remotely relates to the "black" object, and when someone asked if it is Scream, he replied by saying that "it might." DTH, get really excited.

This is great news +Knock on wood

GV Black stands for Greene Vardiman Black who classified the different ways of filling teeth depending on how much the tooth rotted or Decayed

what it could mean

1. Rot and Decay- Zombies, rotting corpses, or an enviroment that is decaying (i.e. Silent Hill BTW this is just an example to proove my point Im not saying its silent Hill) so it could be a refrence to something with Zombies, something Known to be around rotting corpses (i. e. Jeepers Creepers again just an example), or something with a decaying ghost town enviroment alla silent hill.

2. A more radical point but it makes sense Evil Dead what happens to your teeth when you become a deadite?

3. something useing Drills or equipment such as, this will be a little harder to narrow down.

4. it could be something having to do with Dentistry and/or teeth (i.e. Drakness Falls) or Surgical stuff.

We were thrown a bone! Just when I thought I should be disappointed, Murdy pulls a surprise like ALWAYS. Very curious as to what this could mean...

And in all technicality, TrT came out before 2009, so it very well could be that.

Edited by DTH316

GV Black stands for Greene Vardiman Black who classified the different ways of filling teeth depending on how much the tooth rotted or Decayed

Hmmm....I think we can eliminate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gThYbmxQgnE. :P

1. Rot and Decay- Zombies, rotting corpses, or an enviroment that is decaying (i.e. Silent Hill BTW this is just an example to proove my point Im not saying its silent Hill) so it could be a refrence to something with Zombies, something Known to be around rotting corpses (i. e. Jeepers Creepers again just an example), or something with a decaying ghost town enviroment alla silent hill.

If I remember correctly, I think he said that a minor character in the film has the silver fillings he's hinting at. I don't think that's it.

2. A more radical point but it makes sense Evil Dead what happens to your teeth when you become a deadite?

I haven't seen any of the Evil Dead movies (I know, I should), but was there a character in there that had silver fillings?

3. something useing Drills or equipment such as, this will be a little harder to narrow down.

Dr. Satan anyone? Let's hope not!

4. it could be something having to do with Dentistry and/or teeth (i.e. Drakness Falls) or Surgical stuff.

I know that darkness falls, but I never knew that drakeness also falls too. ;)

I'm starting to lean a bit towards Trick r Treat. I mean, if you eat too much candy, you may have to get silver fillings. Not only that, but that post on their FB page could be related. Just sayin'.

Yay the first bone of the 2011 season!! Does anybody else feel like it's Christmas? lol

But hm...rot and decay huh? Yeah the first thing that comes to mind is zombies......maybe something to do with the walking dead? (aka that new zombie tv show out, for any of you who might be behind on the times) Just a thought though......it could mean anything.........O_o

Hmmm....I think we can eliminate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gThYbmxQgnE. :P

If I remember correctly, I think he said that a minor character in the film has the silver fillings he's hinting at. I don't think that's it.

I haven't seen any of the Evil Dead movies (I know, I should), but was there a character in there that had silver fillings?

Dr. Satan anyone? Let's hope not!

I know that darkness falls, but I never knew that drakeness also falls too. ;)

I'm starting to lean a bit towards Trick r Treat. I mean, if you eat too much candy, you may have to get silver fillings. Not only that, but that post on their FB page could be related. Just sayin'.

as evil dead I just saying that once you become a deadite your teeth magicaly rot not so much the fillings, btw who said the hint means someone has a silver filling? just asking

and thanks for the TrT connection I didnt even think of that and also a minor character has silver fillings? dont one of the kids from TrT have braces and head gear? its not filling but I wonder.....

and thanks for the spelling corection Freak I realy need to learn to proof read my posts lol

This is great news +Knock on wood

what it could mean

5. Candy rots your teeth. Trick or Treat.

and thanks for the TrT connection I didnt even think of that and also a minor character has silver fillings? dont one of the kids from TrT have braces and head gear? its not filling but I wonder.....

Actually, I don't recall any of the kids having braces and head gear. I could be wrong though...maybe DTH can jog our memory? Whatever the case, I don't think that would be it. John emphasized SILVER FILLINGS. He also said on Twitter, when asked if the killer had silver fillings, that it's not the title character who has silver fillings. Didn't old man Kreig have silver fillings?

Wait, maybe the old lady from Jeepers Creepers had silver fillings? Nah, that's probably a long shot.

5. Candy rots your teeth. Trick or Treat.

Maybe that's what Murdy wants us to think. LOL

One of the kids did have headgear in TrT.

But wow, speculation sure has gone up a notch thanks to Murdy.

I think the next best hint would be if someone asked, "will the character with silver filling appear in the maze?"

That would narrow down how important they are or not.

Did one of the hillbillies in Evil Dead 2 have fillings? I can't remember.

Whatever the case may be, it makes me think of someone poor or kinda hickish.

WRONG TURN?

Alot of people on twitter have also been guessing the Candyman. I havn't seen this movie but it seems like a logical guess. Man it's been forever since i've posted!

I seriously doubt it's the Candyman. When someone requested Hellraiser, Murdy said that it needs another movie to be a maze first. That, to me, makes no sense AT ALL, considering that HoTC was NINE FREAKING YEARS OLD AND JUST BARELY MADE IT WHEN IT CAME OUT! Fact of the matter is, he just wants to wait until the remake comes out. I sincerely hope he's not thinking the same thing for Evil Dead. Scream, Evil Dead, and Trick r Treat would make a GREAT line-up! If not Evil Dead, then maybe he can do Jeepers Creepers to occupy the WWW arena. That wouldn't be bad considering that I have wanted to see a Jeepers Creepers maze since I last saw the movie before HHN 2010 began...and when we were griping about the PRs. :P

Also, I haven't seen Candyman, but isn't that the movie where he randomly randomly crashes out of mirrors and kills people that have chanted "Kandyman, Kandyman, Kandyman (KKK)"?

Also, some of the guesses on the twitter page for the maze are just rich. Little Shop of Horrors? Yeah, I doubt it. I would see a Terminator maze more likely than going through a maze with a singing look-alike of Rick Morranis.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We've Got Mazes

From Murdy Himself:

The Thing and Sleepy Hallow (50's Version)

now the thing is, Murdys sarcasim is funny but also tripping my speculation

stevenfortmrw:

@HorrorNights NICE!!! I'm guessing more mazes this year? :o

@HorrorNights since we now know these house names. Are we allowed locations for them?

@HorrorNights so Sleepy Hallow and The Thing, amazing I do say so myself!

HorrorNights:

@stevenfortmrw at least 12

@stevenfortmrw I'll just tell you. Its quicker. Transformer site and inside kong

@stevenfortmrw Yes amazing...I'll have to think of tougher code names