HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Rob Zombie Terror Tram? What the hell man, get out of our event lmfao jk but seriously, a MAZE IS ENOUGH. Terror Tram is the heart and soul of HHN, let the main story of the event take over unlike last year, which was a good TT, just not the best...

Umm....... Actually I did the research and I posted it on FB.......

Sorry man, but the "HHN Update Industry" is very cut-throat. ;)

Rob Zombie Terror Tram? What the hell man, get out of our event lmfao jk but seriously, a MAZE IS ENOUGH. Terror Tram is the heart and soul of HHN, let the main story of the event take over unlike last year, which was a good TT, just not the best...

Actually, it could probably work. Maybe you can go on the Terror Tram to see Rob Zombie's remake of Stab before Otis, who is wearing the ghost-face costume, takes over the tram. I can see it now: Terror Tram: Rob Zombie's Stab!: In Production. (Don't punch me in hte face I'm just kidding. lol) In all seriousness, if Ghostface is the main marketing icon for this year's event, then the TT should revolve around the icon and not its own separate beast like I have said the last post or two.

On the plus side, if Rob Zombie does work on the Terror Tram, we should ask him to have a concert in the War of the Worlds sets and have the volume at maximum. That would be so in-your-face towards the whiny neighbors it would be hilarious. "You whining about the chain-saws? How about a loud Rob Zombie concert with pyro and lasers right behind your houses, eh? How ya like it now huh!?"

Otis in a Ghostface mask......... *turns into the Hulk* NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know last year's TT was kind of a miscalculation and you can tell the team was not too happy about it to even suggesting a new route further away from the homes but I think what they'll do this year is find a way to still go 100% instead of giving a tamer TT. I think what they'll do is POSSIBLY open the event up to TT a little earlier and close it at 11, that way they can go hard all night and shut off at 11 so there's no complaints. We all win. I think at this point, they have no other choice unless they want another crappy TT and dammit, in the year of Scream, I want nothing to be subpar!

Otis in a Ghostface mask......... *turns into the Hulk* NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know last year's TT was kind of a miscalculation and you can tell the team was not too happy about it to even suggesting a new route further away from the homes but I think what they'll do this year is find a way to still go 100% instead of giving a tamer TT. I think what they'll do is POSSIBLY open the event up to TT a little earlier and close it at 11, that way they can go hard all night and shut off at 11 so there's no complaints. We all win. I think at this point, they have no other choice unless they want another crappy TT and dammit, in the year of Scream, I want nothing to be subpar!

I hear ya man. And if that's that case, then I guess I'll his the T2 queue first, then Wild west, then the Terror Tram if it's going to close that early.

Other than last year, TT was always traditionally first because of the storyline essence (and since last year it was basically another maze, it didn't matter when it was done). But hopefully this year they'll fix that and return to roots and I'll be riding it as soon as I think it's dark enough. In the meanwhile, maybe I'll do The Simpsons or something non-HHN related (that is if they do the open the event early to the TT as I speculated)

^I remember you speculating on the possibility of seeing the Firefly family again in some way or form other than HoTC, earlier this year. If Rob Zombie designs the Terror Tram this year, I think the plot line of the Terror Tram will revolve around the Firefly family and Dr. Satan. Now that I think about it, that would be a perfect plot line for the Terror Tram. With the GP demanding the return of the maze, it would bring back the characters from that movie and satisfy both the GP and the hardcore fans who want the event to meet Orlando's standards with no repeats. They could even recreate scenes from the Devil's Reject's even! I think Rob had this in mind for quite a while, but would never think it would be possible since both of those movies only have an underground following. Now that HoTC 3D has been proven successful, I think this would be the perfect time to do this.

Only thing is, if they intend to use the same trail that we've always had for the past six years, then how would WotW tie-in with HoTC/Devil's Rejects?

That would be a perfect TT... if Scream wasn't around. We both know Scream running the Terror Tram is the thing that makes the most sense even more than "The Director" angle from 06. However, I think there's a way to make these ideas mesh. I say for now, we use the graveyard scene from HOTC on the trail and have them lowering the grave into the ground with that creepy backwards loop Murdy liked so much. While Ghostface wreaks havoc pretty much everywhere except Whoville and WOTW (those two things are almost impossible to fit to any movie, I'm surprised they even got Elm Street to fit WOTW which was the most epic thing they've done with the Terror Tram). Firefly family could definitely be at the motel though since there's the motel scene in Devil's Rejects. Other than that, they don't fit anywhere else. Ghostface AND Firefly family could be wreaking havoc but it'd be more special with Ghostface killing off teenagers like Norman usually does and just throwing Norman at the top of the hill so his presence is more of a unique experience and not 50% of the tram, which some people are saying is getting old now (which I would agree, Mother Bates can't always be around at the bottom of the hill for forever).

That would be a perfect TT... if Scream wasn't around. We both know Scream running the Terror Tram is the thing that makes the most sense even more than "The Director" angle from 06. However, I think there's a way to make these ideas mesh. I say for now, we use the graveyard scene from HOTC on the trail and have them lowering the grave into the ground with that creepy backwards loop Murdy liked so much. While Ghostface wreaks havoc pretty much everywhere except Whoville and WOTW (those two things are almost impossible to fit to any movie, I'm surprised they even got Elm Street to fit WOTW which was the most epic thing they've done with the Terror Tram). Firefly family could definitely be at the motel though since there's the motel scene in Devil's Rejects. Other than that, they don't fit anywhere else. Ghostface AND Firefly family could be wreaking havoc but it'd be more special with Ghostface killing off teenagers like Norman usually does and just throwing Norman at the top of the hill so his presence is more of a unique experience and not 50% of the tram, which some people are saying is getting old now (which I would agree, Mother Bates can't always be around at the bottom of the hill for forever).

But then we're forgetting something here; yes, I want Ghostface loose on the backlot and take over the Terror Tram as much as you and some other people do, but we need to remember that they're not going to follow ideas from a handfull of HHN fans who post on some forum on the internet that make up less than one percent of the fanbase. If Rob Zombie wants to do the Terror Tram (At least how rumor has it), then he's going to run it the way he wants it and that's the way it's going to be. Maybe John never really liked the idea of a Scream-themed Terror Tram in the first place. Heck, I saw his tweets on how he was kind of hesitant to even do a Scream maze. "After Scary Movie, is that guy even scary anymore?" "I'm kind of concerned about the environments since a lot of it is houses."

But look at it this way, DTH. I have the feeling Rob has been wanting to do this since he worked on the maze. Now that he has gained the audience to do it, judging by how many people want HoTC back, this would be a great time to do it before the fire wares off; besides, the execs would want them to do something that would attract the GP and, because of HoTC's success, I think this would be the perfect alternative to appease both the GP and the fans who want everything new.

I think you and most everyone on here would agree that we would much rather have the Firefly family take over the Terror Tram and leave the T2:3D queue open for a new maze as opposed to Ghostface taking over the Terror Tram and end up getting a repeat of HoTC. Am I right?

THIS JUST IN! HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!!!! MURDSY JUST POSTED THIS!

USH employees please ignore the screaming coming from my office. Working on a new maze for HHN 2011. Whatever you do...DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!

haaabbabbaaahhahabbababababa.....IT'S GOTTA BE SCREAM! :D That's gotta be a hint right there!!!

That's not a hint, he says that every year lmao

Anyway, a Scream Terror Tram is so perfect, I don't care if he likes it or not! Jigsaw Terror Tram was a perfect idea and executed pretty well, as was Freddy. Now it's Ghostface's turn and he's most FIT out out of all the horror villains to do it. They'd be missing a giant opportunity if they just go "that's what the 1% expects so let's change it up." Don't change it up, these are solid ideas here! lol

Scream would be perfect for the terror tram! I always thought the previous TT hosts were out of their element since the setting was so different from their films. With the dialed in calls to the tram, reality kicking in that the killer is flesh and blood, and a nice hint of various kills that GF can perform infront of the guests..

I would LOVE an original character like they do in Orlando but I just know that isn't going to happen..

Okay folks... let's take a lesson in disection of a sentence. This is VERY important when listening to people talk and since Murdy is careful with his words, this is extremely relevant. Let's take this last comment he made about Insidious for example: "Did pretty good...have to see how it does overall. Heard its good"

This may bring hope to some of you but let me assure you, your hope is for the birds!

"Did pretty good" - Here he is referring to the box office intake and even possibly the critical/fan response.

"...have to see how it does overall." - Here, he's saying "not so fast." There's more money and more fans needed here. For a horror movie, it opened kinda decent. For a PG-13 horror movie, well, I'd say it opened poorly, but that's just me. But considering it only cost 1 million to make, I don't know, still, with it's story and cast, it could've made a helluva lot more.

Heard its good" - He hasn't even SEEN the movie yet. And once he does, it'll just be the whole "no recognizable villains" or numerous victims spiel. I'm sure it has the environments and scares but that's like making a maze out of Haunting in Connecticut or worse, Paranormal Activity.

There's zero hope for that movie, just the same as before it even came out!

I also would like to point out that HHN has yet to base a maze off a rated PG-13 movie! Be interesting to see if they get around to it this year.

DTH has a point and I would also like to add even though it did "well" (not great though) it wasnt a smash or cult hit, in fact I hardly heard anybody talk about it let alone mention it and in reality it just living in the shadows of the big movies surrounding it people either just spent there money on Suckerpunch or are saving their money for DTH's promise land Scream4 so it was shoved so far into a corner, and in all honesty from trailers it just seemed like that movie jumped on the paranormal Activity bandwagon with it's orignality, but also people on twitter and facebook are majority kids 12-16 who tend to ask for whatever they just seen in theater remeber this time last year when they asked for a maze for "Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland"? and honestly Insidiouse is just like My soul to take come summer every one is gonna forget about that movie.

Murdy released a new code name on maze #4! "3DN".

I googled 3DN and found that it is some big technological corporation in Argentina. That didn't have anything to do with it. lol Someone on Twitter said that it could be 30 Days of Night but that's REALLY a stretch. I don't think that we would have a vampire maze outside of HoH, especially when it wouldn't really sound appealing to the GP.

Let's look at it this way: Bunny Gibbons most likely = TCM since it's based off of Ed Gein and involves a sideshow of some sort; GV Black most likely = Trick r Treat since that relates to a dentist that deals with black fillings therefore, that must relate to candy; and Soap Opera most likely = Evil Dead since Bruce Campbell played a soap opera star in the movie Fargo. If those three are true, then, assuming we get six mazes this year, that puts the House of Horrors overlay, the original maze, and the Scream maze left. So either 3DN is the original maze we've been hoping for or it has a very subtle connection to Scream. Some one on the Twitter wondered if it had to do with Scream since the N stands for Neive Campbell and the 3D stands for Scream 4 in 3D. That would make since if S4 was in 3D. LOL I guess we could be on the right track here.

3 Destroyers for Neive? But with four, that would make it four destroyers. Blah! I'm stumped!

P.S. Scream 4 this Friday! I'm stoked! :D

Scream 4 won't be in 3D. That's actually gonna be one of the jokes in the movie haha

Anywho, it's apparent this is our 3D maze. This pretty much officializes THE RETURN OF 3D VISION! lol whether or not it's Zombievision is yet to be known though.

I hope to god Scream isn't the 3D maze anyway, the environments totally wouldn't work for it. And I for one know that I'll be walking through glassless if it is.

Anywho, I will do some research on this "3DN" and get back to you guys later!

Also I'm still not convinced GV Black and Soap Opera are TrT and Evil Dead. Soap Opera, I'm pretty sure, is Scream due to that maze layout we saw. There was no TV in the Evil Dead cabin. Simple as that!

As for Insidious's track record, it's safe to say it has one. It only did a 25% drop from last weekend, giving it AMAZING second weekend totals and to a gross of about $25 so far. (in comparison, most movies, even big budget blockbusters have usually a 40% drop - for example Hop -- although it's still number 1 -- and Source Code, which both came out last week as well). Whether or not it has the environments (which I know it has) and a villain that they can replicate for scares is still unknown. However, this is in regards to its fate next year unless Murdy sees it today and the company gets right on it in the event one of the films in the running now drop out).

Edited by DTH316

How can I find this maze layout you speak of?

John took it down, unfortunately. It showed an image of the maze plan with his cat on top.

As for the 3D maze, I think this will be the original maze in 3D. Plus, I think it will go in the new location (JP extended queue). I went to Universal saturday and hung out with HHNBro and his other updater buddies and the Saw Twins. One of those people (Won't disclose which one) said that one of his friends went to Universal and saw Rob Zombie and John scoping out the JP queue. Hmmmm.....

BTW DTH, Scream is NOT Soap Opera. Murdy flat-out told me that it's not Scream.

^ Alright, but if you see a Rob Zombie maze announced for the JP queue... ;)

About 3DN, i think this indirectly confirms that this will be the original maze that Rob is doing. Murdy just said that this maze wasn't on the survey of properties to be used.