HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

i called the release date being Tuesday :P

So instead of drawing a map i decided to pinpoint a few key things

7 continents: North America South America Asia Europe Australia and Antarctica

Murdy stated this: 3 continents & 4 countries, he said each has to pertain to A Maze correct?

Did Murdy ever say that TWO of them can affect ONE maze? i think not

Lets put it like this

So we DO know we have:

North America ( HOTC)

Europe (Hostel Territory AND The Thing)

Antarctica ( The Thing)

We ALSO know we have a few COUNTRIES as well

Slovakia ( Hostel Territory)

The THING ( Norway: The Crew was from Norway only SOME of the crew was from North America)

so what does that leave us?

well with speculation at hand we've narrowed it down to a few countries

and YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE US IS A COUNTRY

Just because HOTC is taking place in North America DOES NOT MEAN its the ONLY MOVIE to take place in America

need more I clearly can stress this point out

YES Murdy said that it would be different places per maze, BUT didnt say they COULDNT be from the same country

for that matter Throw Out having Hostel and The Thing if they're in the Same Region of Europe

-end rant

To follow up with this,

What murdy said back in the beginning of June was:

"HHN 2011 HINT. The setting for this year's mazes span 3 continents, 4 of the mazes take place in countries other than the United States."

Continents: (North America, Antarctica, ?)

Countries: (US, Norway, ?, ?, ?)

The Thing, 1 continent, 1 country

HOTC, 1 continent, 1 country

1 more continent and 3 more countries to account for.

Counting US, we have 5 countries and 3 continents to span. Possibly one more US location as well. (most likely, to be more accurate)

I'm not including Hostel until it is fully confirmed.

Speculation?

Edited by DireBrian

This Goes to ALL members please respect everyone's opion wiether you agree with them or not, people's Screen names are there choices please dont insult them for there screen name, for the most part we let Cuss words roll because this is a forum dedicated to an adult event but , offensive, Slurs, and rude comments will not be tolerated and action will be taken.

now back to speculation and keep it friendly guys!

... can someone please fill me in on what I missed? lol I leave for like 3 hours and apparently a fight happened. Someone can PM if they'd like and don't wanna say on here. Did anyone get banned or something? Who was insulting? Man, I wish I didn't miss it... lmao

Anyway, DireBrian, The Thing doesn't count as a country as Antarctica doesn't have any countries in it! It's simply just a continent and some people have liberties over parts of land. I'm sure Murdy knows this and wouldn't make a mistake as to say that the Norwegian territory counts as a country (because technically it's not!). So your map should look a bit more like this... (I like the way you put it out by the way, VERY organized and understandable):

"HHN 2011 HINT. The setting for this year's mazes span 3 continents, 4 of the mazes take place in countries other than the United States."

Continents: (North America, Antarctica, ?)

Countries: (US, ?, ?, ?, ?)

The Thing, 1 continent, NO COUNTRIES

1 more continent and FOUR more countries to account for.

If Hostel is included, it'll look something like this:

Continents: (North America, Antarctica, Europe)

Countries: (US, Slovakia, ?, ?, ?)

Hostel, 1 continent, 1 country

ALL continents covered, THREE more countries to account for.

Also to remember, the HOH DOES take place in a country outside of the US and very well could be two countries itself. Other mazes can also span more than one country. BUT reading that CAREFULLY, it says four of the mazes take place, meaning: at least four different mazes with portions that take place in another country. Meaning HoH's other countries argument invalid as it'll only represent ONE of the four. So NOW, the chart will look something like this (seriously, love the way you made it so simple looking lol):

With Hostel AND HoH included, it'll look something like this:

Continents: (North America, Antarctica, Europe)

Countries: (US, Slovakia, London, ?, ?)

Hostel, 1 continent, 1 country

HoH, same continent as Hostel, 1 country

ALL continents covered, TWO more mazes that take place in a different country other than the US to account for.

So you know what that tells me?

6 mazes, only ONE takes place in the US... and that maze, as far as we can tell at this point... is HOTC...

No Scream........ fuck :(

lmfao

Edited by DTH316

Im pretty sure the next maze announcement will be Hostel (3DN) and located at the mummy venue. Awww i missed the TrT and hatchet debate i been gone all day :/ lol doesnt look like it was progressing us forward either way on either side lol Anywho lets see...HOTC-US,The Thing-Antartica,Hostel Europe....we basically have the three continents solved if we right about the other two. the countries i see is were a bit of confusion a rises at. im so tired right now i can barely think lol ill just come post first thing tomorrow morning. Also i hope the PR will be early tomorrow before i leave to work.

I am PRAYING... that there it's some odd construction accident that HOTC is being kept built in that spot when it's really supposed to be Scream.

Seriously... HOTC over Scream? Let me repeat that... HOTC as a REPEAT over SCREAM?!

Out of all the mazes that could take place in the US, HOTC AS A REPEAT OVER SCREAM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!>?32[prm3

degbj5ntuifj3NWEIVTJRGIG4

WEFN4UREFNGV

34NBUTV

3NQWIER 3

2WWN

Well, we're going to find out what the third maze is going to be today (Even though we kind of already know what it's going to be). Now it's just a matter of when.

On a side note, I had a dream that we were all staying up 'till midnight to find out what Soap Opera was and it was Evil Dead....then I woke up and found out that it wasn't real. <_<

Be patient DTH, not all hope is gone. Looking at the hints/clues, if Scream isn't Steven, then I would worry. Until then, we can only keep our fingers crossed.

Hey guys, it's been a few days since I've caught up on the boards, but have you ever heard of a movie called "Hatchet"? I bet that would make a great house - prolly better than TrT even.

:lol: Sorry....couldn't resist.

You're EVIL. I love it :lol: (and I missed that Hatchet/TrT nonsense)

As for speculation, it will be Hostel. I will be disappointed. I will then hope for better announcements coming.

But, if we do get Hostel this year (and we had HOTC last year) I feel like claims that certain movies are "too old" or "don't have a big enough following" are kinda BS. Hostel 2 came out 4 years ago (and flopped). The truth of it is, mazes will be chosen based on: what can Murdy get rights to, what does he personally like, and what filmmaker does he want to be friends with. At least that's my take.

You're EVIL. I love it :lol: (and I missed that Hatchet/TrT nonsense)

As for speculation, it will be Hostel. I will be disappointed. I will then hope for better announcements coming.

But, if we do get Hostel this year (and we had HOTC last year) I feel like claims that certain movies are "too old" or "don't have a big enough following" are kinda BS. Hostel 2 came out 4 years ago (and flopped). The truth of it is, mazes will be chosen based on: what can Murdy get rights to, what does he personally like, and what filmmaker does he want to be friends with. At least that's my take.

It's a bit of stretch to say that you can't axe anything for being too small. Hostel looks to be coming about because they were able to secure Roth as a sponsor. Similarly, Zombie had a long and pleasant relationship with Universal. Even after they decided they couldn't release HOTC, they didn't force a reshoot or recutting despite the money they put into it. They let Zombie walk away with it. Zombie and HHN owe each other a lot, so it's only natural for them to continue to partner up.

Edited by jymmymack

Just going to say it,

I love HOTC.

I went into it last year sporting my "Captain Spaulding for President" pin and everything.

My brother who is as die hard of a fan of HOTC/TDR as I am didn't get to hit that up last year, so I'm stoked I can take 'em this year.

But this time I'm going to try to make more of an effort to catch the fried chicken scents in Spaulding's Roadside Attraction.

No Freak... there is no chance of it coming back... 5 out of 6 mazes don't take place in the US... that 3 continents and 4 countries stuff was another thing for Murdy to bamboozle us since one of the continents doesn't have countries in it! Unless HOTC is really Scream... :'( IT HURTS SO BAAAAAD!!! lmao

I have Murdy's twitter on tab, waiting eagerly for this announcement. I'm kinda hoping it's NOT Hostel. If I'm at all honest, I could give two shits about that being a maze.

It's a bit of stretch to say that you can't axe anything for being too small. Hostel looks to be coming about because they were able to secure Roth as a sponsor. Similarly, Zombie had a long and pleasant relationship with Universal. Even after they decided they couldn't release HOTC, they didn't force a reshoot or recutting despite the money they put into it. They let Zombie walk away with it. Zombie and HHN owe each other a lot, so it's only natural for them to continue to partner up.

Well that's my point. Hostel and HOTC weren't chosen because they were instantly recognizable or big franchises. They were chosen because Murdy is tight (or wants to be) with the filmmakers involved. He probably wanted a new "big" name for the film contest (Roth) so he promised him a maze to sweeten the deal. It certainly isn't because Hostel is a classic, recognizable, iconic, or perfect for a maze. So Murdy's reasoning of "it's not big enough" or "there aren't enough environments" or anything he usually falls back on can be flexible depending on the circumstances involved. (as you can see, the prospect of a Hostel maze does not excite me at all)

Well that's my point. Hostel and HOTC weren't chosen because they were instantly recognizable or big franchises. They were chosen because Murdy is tight (or wants to be) with the filmmakers involved. He probably wanted a new "big" name for the film contest (Roth) so he promised him a maze to sweeten the deal. It certainly isn't because Hostel is a classic, recognizable, iconic, or perfect for a maze. So Murdy's reasoning of "it's not big enough" or "there aren't enough environments" or anything he usually falls back on can be flexible depending on the circumstances involved. (as you can see, the prospect of a Hostel maze does not excite me at all)

I understood your point, but what I was getting at was that in order for Murdy to choose a small film, there has to be some kind of incentive (get to use a big director's name, promotes a universal film). We can point to some movies and clearly say "that's not coming, because it was small and doesn't have a big name attached to it." For instance, Eli Roth is a personality. He's recognizable, as is Rob Zombie. I mean I don't want to bring up this again, but Hatchet isn't going to be coming. Why? Because it is small with no "so and so presents" attached to it. I really dont want a Hostel maze, but it IS recognizable, as is Eli Roth.

While we're talking about it, do you guys think Hostel will have Eli Roth's name pasted onto it?

Eli Roth's Hostel: in 3D Rothvision lmfao

Rothvision doesn't sound as good as Zombivision...

Good thing Hostel won't be in 3D

I totally didn't see any 3D last year.

It just made everything blurry.

I understood your point, but what I was getting at was that in order for Murdy to choose a small film, there has to be some kind of incentive (get to use a big director's name, promotes a universal film). We can point to some movies and clearly say "that's not coming, because it was small and doesn't have a big name attached to it." For instance, Eli Roth is a personality. He's recognizable, as is Rob Zombie. I mean I don't want to bring up this again, but Hatchet isn't going to be coming. Why? Because it is small with no "so and so presents" attached to it. I really dont want a Hostel maze, but it IS recognizable, as is Eli Roth.

Well right. I don't see Murdy kissing up to Adam Green so we can have Hatchet (to use your example). SO I think we're making a similar point in 2 different ways :)

And yeah, I bet they'll slap Roth's name on it because he's become more famous for being famous (and for Inglorious Basterds) than for any film he's actually personally made. So he is a recognizable name, deserved or not (I'm gonna go with 'not').

But it just goes to show that any film (older, small or otherwise) can slip into the line-up, depending on who Murdy has a relationship or who he wants one with. Hostel was on NO ONE'S mind. It's a dead "franchise" yet here we are. So some films that many have ruled out (TrT, Dead Silence, Insidious) could easily slip back in (not necessarily this year but any year) if Murdy ends up having a beer with Michael Dougherty or James Wan. Bottom line is Murdy will break his own "rules" if it's convenient.

Edited by Creeper06

Twitter UPDATTEEEEE :D

Horror Nights: The next maze announcement will be WednesDAY. In the meantime, we have unfinished business w/ the code name contest. Shall the window open?

LETS THE GUESSING BEGIN!!!!!

Edited by StevenForTmrw

Just just tweeted:

"All right, I've got a meeting...if I get 50 "Open the Window" tweets in the next hour or so, I'll reveal the code name and open the contest."

Get on it!

Not all the responses are showing up yet, but I've counted about 20 so far.

Twitter: Spec Update 2

Horror Nights: All right...you win. Gonna open the window for guessing the code name tonight though winnner won't be revealed till tomorrow. Stand by

Remember there are PRIZES, last winner won an exclusive behind the scenes maze tour with moi.

Before we get into the contest, lets refresh. We released 6 code names earlier this year. Also released 6 hints, one for each code name.

Your task is to tell me what the code name stands for & how the hint relates to it...in ONE TWEET. I will pick 1 lucky winner per code name.

There has been A LOT of speculation about the code name "3DN" but no one has connected the hint "Broken Neck" to my satisfaction.

Therefore, I am opening "the window" for guessing the code name "3DN" and how the hint "Broken Neck" relates to it tonight.

The window will be open for as long as it takes me to drive through LA traffic & get back to the Monster Room (where the code book resides

But I will leave you with this hint. "Broken Neck" has nothing to do with a scene in a movie. Its all in "the name." Mwaa Ha ha HA HA.

3DN + BrokenNeck =3dogsnight=Eli'sComing= Eli Roth = Hostel & Inglorious Bastards in which he BROKE NECKS as The Bare Jew FTW

i'll break it down like this

we know the 3DN hint correct

which all signs point to Eli Roth,

if the code Broken neck is "In The name"

He is the code, which means its something that has to do WITH Eli Roth

in which he was potrayed as The Bear Jew in Inglorious Bastards

who used a baseball bat to crack skulls and BREAK NECKS

^ why the hell didnt i think of this before -.-

UPDATEEEE:

HorrorNights: OK. Made it home but I've been ordered to clean the litter boxes. Unfortunate for me but lucky for you as it buys you more time...and a hint

I said the hint for "Broken neck" was all in the name. Not a movie name or a character name...has to do with a namesake

Edited by StevenForTmrw