HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

^ There re six code names. I will cross off the ones that have been reviled.

GV Black (The Thing: Assimilation)

Bunny Gibbons (House of 1000 Corpses)

3DN (Hostel: Hunting Season!)

Steven

Trivia

Soap Opera

I have a feeling Murdy is trying to lead us astray here....

That is most definitely not something out of The Thing. I know the argument will be "well, we haven't seen the prequel" but I can almost guarantee that's not from the Thing. Creature assimilation doesn't look like zombie/decayed flesh. The Thing is long-spindle legs, long necks, razor Sharp teeth. Take a look at Freak's pic l. THAT is The Thing.

That is most definitely not something out of The Thing. I know the argument will be "well, we haven't seen the prequel" but I can almost guarantee that's not from the Thing. Creature assimilation doesn't look like zombie/decayed flesh. The Thing is long-spindle legs, long necks, razor Sharp teeth. Take a look at Freak's pic l. THAT is The Thing.

ugh i guess that was a little far fetched. i just thought it might be something maybe the thing replicated. Also AgentofChaos93 you can probably find them a few pages back,murdys twitter or maybe somewhere on the fb.

Guys, come on. The way the flesh is decaying around the scalp and the jaw demonstrates that this is a zombie.

I think that this has to relate to Soap Opera because it would have a lot to do with a "crypt" with rotting dead bodies.

jymmymack is also probably right, this could be a scare zone.

Also, this could possibly be Terror Tram. (Maybe the theme could be Terror Tram: Wake the Dead") or something like that.

That's definitely never been done before, an all zombie attack terror tram.

Can we get a list of recent zombie flicks?

Off the top of my head I can think of:

Dawn of the Dead

Land of the Dead

Night of the Living Dead

Shaun of the Dead

The Walking Dead

Resident Evil

Zombieland

Dead Snow

28 Days Later (Although, not really. And the eyes are different)

Planet Terror

Dead Alive

Anything come up to anyone?

Also, does anyone see that unpainted mask next to this zombie with the fucked up looking elf ear?

That could totally be a hint as well.

Upon closer inspection, this may also be a demon.

Edited by DireBrian

Guys, come on. The way the flesh is decaying around the scalp and the jaw demonstrates that this is a zombie.

I think that this has to relate to Soap Opera because it would have a lot to do with a "crypt" with rotting dead bodies.

jymmymack is also probably right, this could be a scare zone.

Also, this could possibly be Terror Tram. (Maybe the theme could be Terror Tram: Wake the Dead") or something like that.

That's definitely never been done before, an all zombie attack terror tram.

Dawn of the Dead

Land of the Dead

Night of the Living Dead

Shaun of the Dead

The Walking Dead

Resident Evil

Zombieland

Dead Snow

Planet Terror

Dead Alive

lol i'm sure you got all the main ones that matter at least. Also it could be a SZ or TT but here's my thinking. We have 6 mazes and 6 code names. The way i think of it even if murdy said a code name can be a SZ or TT i believe each codename represents a maze. Now thats not a 100% sure but thats my logical thinking. Quite frankly i don't think i would be too excited for another zombie SZ. We have already had plenty of them so what would be the difference ? Now a maze is something more different and unique. Now we know last year Murdy was looking at the marathon of the walking dead so this could be a possibility. Now im not sure about it having a strong fan base to support it but just a zombie maze in general would grab everyones attention. Im sure as of now we can ASSUME that the picture is a zombie like creature. Also zombies we've had on the TT but i think this would be something new. A zombie outbreak on the backlot....now thats something to look forward to.

I'm gonna call it right now "walking dead" sz... I just have a hunch about this for some reason with season 2 releasing in October and there's a pretty big following behind it I'm placing my chips on that...(another gambling reference lol)

While this seems as a possibility i wouldn't be to excited for another zombie SZ. A house would be nice but murdy said all the mazes this year would be movie based...can we even consider this a movie ? DTH had a theory going on about a shaun of the dead maze heck maybe thats a possibiltiy. If we do get a zombie maze i think the possible movies to consider here are Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead,Shaun of the Dead, and i like to consider The Walking Dead. The rest dont seem likely. Zombieland seems more like SZ material, Murdy denied Resident Evil already, 28 days later sorta fell off the charts and the rest are just ehhhh to me. Well now we just have to find out which codename can connect most to them...soap opera ??

Edited by HorrorNights93

Hey all, Murdy just tweeted a sneak peek for a character mask..

http://yfrog.com/h4lgcgpj

Take it for what it's worth, but almost every deadite (except Bad Ash) has a milky white gloss over their eyes. I've got a feeling Murdy WANTS us to think this is Evil Dead, but I don't think it is. Also, notice how he said it relates to a code name but not specifically a maze. My hunch is that this is for a SZ.

my first thought is evil dead but jymmy got a point about the eyes being Milky white but then again its gonna be in a dark maze and the eyes may cut out, but this could be anything

Dawn of the Dead

Land of the Dead

Night of the Living Dead

Shaun of the Dead

The Walking Dead

Resident Evil

Zombieland

Dead Snow

Planet Terror

Dead Alive

Evil Dead

Dawn of the dead, Shaun of The Dead-takes place litteraly the day of the outbreak and the zombies look fresh and more or less still human-ish the mask is more Rotten and crypt keeper like

Zombieland, Reisdent Evil and 28 Days later-they are more of Genetic/Virus Zombies this litteraly looks like a living corpse

Planet Terror-Zombies are covered in Boils and Tumors and look like there bloated and gonna explode.

Deadsnow- way too unknown

DeadAlvie-it fits but someone ask murdy a while back and he said it not known enough but he would love to do a maze for it.

Interesting that nobody has pointed out he pointy eared fellow next to the zombie...

Wolfman has pointy ears.... :rolleyes: (Maybe I'm still wishful thinking).

I could easily see the mask fit into Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, or any basic zombie theme. I'm kinda hoping it's for a SZ.

Btw- Whenever I catch up on these boards, I always want to comment on something but it always ends up being too late. Apparently I need to be more on top of it :blink:

I can't help but point this out... but looking at the mask on the left, it sure as hell looks a whole lot like the creature from The Descent (which also takes place out of the country).

Anywho, as for this mask, this is a SZ mask. You can just tell. Nothing fits it maze-wise. He already flat out denied that it's for The Thing and HOTC. It's definitely not Hostel. And he said it relates to one of the codenames, which of there is three left to choose from. He also said early on that one of the codenames could be a scarezone or TT instead of a maze. I'm supposing this is the SZ kind. And my guess is that it's whichever one had the French Revolution theme since that doesn't fit to any movie.

But it's definitely something decaying. Also notice it's missing an eyeball. It very well could be a The Walking Dead scarezone, like djevilclown said, I'm putting my money on it as well. If not SZ then it's the TT. No doubt in my mind!

And as said before, it doesn't have the white gloss over the eyes for it to be Evil Dead.

I really doubt we're having a descent maze. However, I notice Creeper's post about the Wolfman having pointy ears and how the mask next to the "zombie" one has them. I did an image comparison and found out that the ears on Wolfman and the "unfinished" mask look very similar! Take a look:

picture-of-the-wolfman-2010.jpg

And the image next to the mask:

lgcgp.jpg

Possibility of a Wolfman maze is getting stronger and stronger! :D :D :D :D

Whoa! Even better! Here's a comparison of the Wolfman mold from the 2010 movie AND the mold next to the zombie photo!

wolfman09sculpt1.JPG

lgcgp.jpg

I think Universal just accidentally leaked one of their mazes. Wolfman: The Full Moon Terror maze for HHN 2011! :D :D :D

Would Universal REALLY do two of their movies for mazes? Unless it's HoH, I'm highly doubting it.

However, I do think it could be the London scarezone or for the woods on the Terror Tram.

The molds do look very similar though. Hopefully you're right in some form!

Ah crap, you're absolutely right. It was filmed in the UK though. Dammit, that's where I was confused.

I swear, a maze to that movie would be so fucking righteous. That was honestly the last scary movie to come out in the last decade.