HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Ok I'm going to propose something very radical and without a lot of proof, I haven't even thought it all the way through, but what the hell. If Murdy wanted to do something crazy, wild, never been done before, with zombies, .... could he be talking about Pride &Prejudice...& Zombies. After all, it takes place around the the French Revolution and involves zombies. Just a wild fun thought.

I REALLY dont understand why Murdy doesnt take it upon himself to be creative and CREATE some awesome enviroments for The Walking Dead or any zombie maze at that. Also nobody has guessed soap opera yet and Murdy said the next PR maze announcement will be a codename that ALMOST everyone hasnt gotten so it can be soap opera as well. The way i think about it if 5 codenames are for mazes and steven being for TT why would murdy bother making a codename for a repeat like HOTC ? There is a possibility we can be wrong about that codename. It make sense to release all the new stuff first and than "hey your 6th maze you'll get to re-experience HOTC :Zombievision" or w.e just a thought. Also Freak grindhouse is right nobody really put much thought into or believed the alice cooper rumor from the get go lol :P

He was also looking up french revolution clothing. Mainly the striped pants.

seems a little far fetched but im sure when everyone remembered when murdy said he wanted to do a freakz maze which would be cool. I recall some of the freakz having striped pants as costumes and doesnt this take place during the french revolution. But than here's the problem. Murdy said all mazes would be movie based this year so this would be contradicting that. This is much of a stretch but it just came to my mind

very interesting tidbit. Murdy just tweeted a reply asking if he saved the best for last. His response: "There's not really an order besides The thing, which is our film." This implication is that there is only ONE Uni film and that is the thing. Which would straight up eliminate Army of Darkness and Wolfman. Also would eliminate any old classic Uni monster. Things, I believe, are about to get interesting.

Edited by jymmymack

very interesting tidbit. Murdy just tweeted a reply asking if he saved the best for last. His response: "There's not really an order besides The thing, which is our film." This implication is that there is only ONE Uni film and that is the thing. Which would straight up eliminate Army of Darkness and Wolfman. Also would eliminate any old classic Uni monster. Things, I believe, are about to get interesting.

So we had Trick or Treat,Evil Dead, Wolfman and Army of darkness whiped out in one day :o Things are starting to get real good. Also for the next PR maze murdy said ALMOST nobody has gotten so im anxious to find out what it is. Now that we know The Thing is the only universal property we can start whiping out a lot of things.

Let me restate what I was saying about the Soap Opera codename contest stuff:

1) He knew specifically that nobody got Soap Opera right and that he would have to reopen the window.

2) He was unsure if anyone got the next codename and would have to check the book.

Therefore, it's not Soap Opera being announced next.

If it is, then he miss-spoke.

With that said, the next announcement is either Trivia (the HOH) or Bunny Gibbons (T2 Queue - most likely HOTC).

Steven, at this moment, we're pretty sure is the Terror Tram.

And it's a bit untrue about the Universal property stuff being announced first. Always, a Universal property is in the HoH (unless it's original, like last year). They were never PRd first. The Thing got the first PR because 1) it IS their property BUT 2) it's its own full fledged maze.

So still expect a Universal property or semi-original creation to take over the House of Horrors.

Edited by DTH316

Let me restate what I was saying about the Soap Opera codename contest stuff:

1) He knew specifically that nobody got Soap Opera right and that he would have to reopen the window.

2) He was unsure if anyone got the next codename and would have to check the book.

Therefore, it's not Soap Opera being announced next.

If it is, then he miss-spoke.

With that said, the next announcement is either Trivia (the HOH) or Bunny Gibbons (T2 Queue - most likely HOTC).

Steven, at this moment, we're pretty sure is the Terror Tram.

And it's a bit untrue about the Universal property stuff being announced first. Always, a Universal property is in the HoH (unless it's original, like last year). They were never PRd first. The Thing got the first PR because 1) it IS their property BUT 2) it's its own full fledged maze.

So still expect a Universal property or semi-original creation to take over the House of Horrors.

not saying your wrong but if the next code name being released is something no one got it can be soap opera. here's the tweets:

@HorrorNights Whats the next code name you guys will be releasing ?

@hhn09 One that ALMOST no one has guessed. Gonna surprise a lot of people but its time to expand our brand of HHN.

Therefore, , its definetly not Bunny Gibbons assuming its HOTC and trivia and soap opera have a 50/50 chance. My vote goes to soap opera bottom line. Also Murdy said "its time to expand our brand" i take these as mixed responses.1) were getting a brand out of horror 2) a brand outside of universal idk this part kind of confuses me but it excites me before the end of next week well finally know.

I've missed out on alotttttttt. I was at Disneyland all week. Would anybody like to update me as to how trick r' treat and evil dead are officially out? cause i think i missed the tweet lol, and anything else important that i missed out on if anybody could update me on it that woud be great, thanks in advance!

not saying your wrong but if the next code name being released is something no one got it can be soap opera. here's the tweets:

@HorrorNights Whats the next code name you guys will be releasing ?

@hhn09 One that ALMOST no one has guessed. Gonna surprise a lot of people but its time to expand our brand of HHN.

Therefore, , its definetly not Bunny Gibbons assuming its HOTC and trivia and soap opera have a 50/50 chance. My vote goes to soap opera bottom line. Also Murdy said "its time to expand our brand" i take these as mixed responses.1) were getting a brand out of horror 2) a brand outside of universal idk this part kind of confuses me but it excites me before the end of next week well finally know.

There's tweets before that where he says NOBODY guessed Soap Opera.

*Arnold voice* You gotta listen to meeeeeh! lmao

@HorrorNights Any idea when the guessing window for soap opera will be open?

Will HAVE to open the window for that one...hints have thrown you all off track

In correlation with one that almost no one has guessed (almost meaning someone HAS but not many others have) and one where he HAS to open the window for again (because NOBODY got it right). You see where I'm going with this? I could be wrong but I'm just going by fundamentals of speech here lmao

And LeeRay, all the TrT and Evil Dead info are all in the last page or so. You don't have to scavenger through a dozen pages or anything, should be easy to find :)

@HorrorNights Was that mask you tweeted from a maze?

Yes

CRAP! We were wrooooong!!!!

Steven IS a maze. Aw fuck. I'm confused now. Gonna have to do some re-thinking.

Edited by DTH316

Okay, well with that said, I did say Steven could also be the HoH... I think I'll stand by that for now.

However, that would mean that all 6 codenames are mazes as Steven was the only one where he gave it an option of being a SZ or TT. Or was that Trivia? Crap, I can't remember anymore!

Gonna go look through the archives...

I remember one of the hints for Steven being that there was a headmaster. This sounds like HoH quality to me. And I don't think they would show the mask of something that was movie property related that they had to buy). I would really love it... and I said this maybe a year ago... if they did something from Tales From the Crypt. And that zombie looking mask reminds me a lot of the Cryptkeeper.

As for expanding the brand... this seems to me like 1 of 4 things. 1) it's a video game (Resident Evil, maybe half breed of the movie) 2) it's a TV show (The Walking Dead, half original maze or as I just said, TftC) or 3) it's probably something really stupid that's not even really a horror movie (like we once speculated, Underworld) 4) or it's just a supernatural type maze (The Exorcist, Poltergeist, Paranormal Activity, Amityville Horror)

I fear with every being of my soul that's something stupid like Underworld... lmao

I'll be back later tonight to see what other things you guys speculated.

Edited by DTH316

Okay, well with that said, I did say Steven could also be the HoH... I think I'll stand by that for now.

However, that would mean that all 6 codenames are mazes as Steven was the only one where he gave it an option of being a SZ or TT. Or was that Trivia? Crap, I can't remember anymore!

Gonna go look through the archives...

LOL no one listens to me i been saying this the past few pages !!! -_- 6 code names = 6 mazes....that was just my plain logic of thinking. In that case though steven must be the HoH. Theres no other maze long enough to require 65 pages!!....well T2 venue has a pretty long maze but 65 pages for HOTC :blink: And i believe it was steven DTH :D

I remember one of the hints for Steven being that there was a headmaster. This sounds like HoH quality to me. And I don't think they would show the mask of something that was movie property related that they had to buy). I would really love it... and I said this maybe a year ago... if they did something from Tales From the Crypt. And that zombie looking mask reminds me a lot of the Cryptkeeper.

As for expanding the brand... this seems to me like 1 of 4 things. 1) it's a video game (Resident Evil, maybe half breed of the movie) 2) it's a TV show (The Walking Dead, half original maze or as I just said, TftC) or 3) it's probably something really stupid that's not even really a horror movie (like we once speculated, Underworld) 4) or it's just a supernatural type maze (The Exorcist, Poltergeist, Paranormal Activity, Amityville Horror)

thanks this really cleared things up for me that really confused me -_-

Yes, HorrorNights93, you were right about it being 6 codenames = 6 mazes. I just figured Murdy would be more sly than that and wouldn't slip up by revealing the one thing he said could be a TT or SZ was actually a maze. But jymmy got him to spill the beans and now we know for sure (good work jymmy lol).

So now that we OFFICIALLY know each codename corresponds to a maze, here it goes:

GV Black (The Thing)

3DN (Hostel)

Bunny Gibbons (HOTC)

Soap Opera (Shrek Queue)

Trivia (JP Queue)

Steven (HoH)

I'm hoping the 3 continents and 4 countries thing was a foul. Trivia is the only one that sounds like it could possibly be Scream. Isn't that the one with the Alice Cooper connection? "School's Out."

NOW I'll be back later tonight haha

I fear with every being of my soul that's something stupid like Underworld... lmao

Murdy did tweet today the word "crypt" in all caps. Just saying...

Okay, so we know Steven is a maze. It's possible it could be House of Horrors but what gets me is the 65 pages of treatment. That's quite a bit for an overlay for House of Horrors...unless they're finally stepping up its game for this year. Since Murdy has said that the mask is for Steven and it will be for a maze, I'm hoping that's what it's for. If it is confirmed to be in JP overflow, then Scream is out and me and DTH will be sad pandas.

Imagine...they announced that the House of Horrors would be home to the Crypt Keeper's Castle of Carnage....and then announced that he would be the main icon. That would be the shock of the decade right there! I don't see that happening though since Uni did have rights issues with the Crypt Keeper in regards to Orlando's event.

Soap Opera better not be Underworld. If it is, then the world has officially gone nuts.

If Scream doesn't show up this year, then why has Murdy been giving little teases about it on his Twitter? I remember he would say stuff like, "To my employees: If you hear screaming in my office, don't open the door!" and "This year is screaming along very fine.: It just wouldn't make sense to me unlesshe was teasing the fans about something that they're we're never going to get. :(

Trivia = Scream !!!! lol it has to be that's where the clues point most too! therefore my theory of soap opera would fall through and trivia would be saved for last considering it would be the best for last. B) also if the crypt kreeper appears at horror nights i would like to know why murdy told us we would have all movie based houses this year. LOL im sure we can give jymmymack the award of the day for providing us with the most info today out of murdy. Good job we discovered alot today

Edited by HorrorNights93