HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Wow so much has.changed today a lot to think about.

What I dont get is that I tweeted murdy and asked him for.a hint to help us figure out what code name the mask related to and he said, um... No. but he will just flat out say it belongs to steven. I'm confused about a lot of things for hhn but I know I.said this earlier but I have a huge gut feeling that this year is going to be a big surprise. And that we aren't going to see it coming.

Im bracing myself for this because of last time lol. But does everyone remember when we talked.about how devils rejects isn't horror as some of you.said. ( not.saying I dont agree) and that its like a criminal horror type movie? Well murdy says we are getting different types of horror this year. Just had to say it. Lol.

Edited by Hhnh86987

Murdy did tweet today the word "crypt" in all caps. Just saying...

I saw that and that's what rejogged it in my memory. I got a little giggly as that was something I've been wanting to see for a long time. I remember he was around at Knotts for quite some time. The Knotts folk hated it - - I loved it. I think he has a perfect place at HHN and he has all the qualities of an Icon. He can talk, he's funny and he's menacing and he's a well known figure much like Freddy and Chucky were for the Terror Tram.

Trivia = Scream !!!! lol it has to be that's where the clues point most too! therefore my theory of soap opera would fall through and trivia would be saved for last considering it would be the best for last. B) also if the crypt kreeper appears at horror nights i would like to know why murdy told us we would have all movie based houses this year. LOL im sure we can give jymmymack the award of the day for providing us with the most info today out of murdy. Good job we discovered alot today

Crypt Keeper being used could still technically be a movie property since he had 3 movies. He also belongs to Universal and they've used him in the past so I think it'd be awesome if they brought him back. The great thing is, his story is ever changing while he remains the same and recognizable. So you could slap his name on a maze, throw him in the beginning and the end and have everything in between be completely original material.

DTH, I just wanted to point out that Steven was the maze with the Alice Cooper connection. Interestingly enough, I haven't heard anything about Trivia.

DAMMIT. I looked up Real Wild Child, which I guess is an Iggy Pop song. Another rocker reference : - /

Oh and I can't find the quote to include but I think it said "65 pages is a lot for just the House of Horrors." Last year, I remember specifically Murdy saying that Vampyre had quite a lengthy treatment before he announced it and I remember we were all scratching our heads over it. I'll go back and try to find it but I think a way we have to look at as this... the treatment is extra long because he has to describe everything in the room that we'll see and it has to fit some type of story so everything existing in the room is being written down INCLUDING the new stuff. Even if it were just all new stuff and adding stuff into rooms, I'm sure it's still QUITE a lot of space to cover. And maybe rewriting what's already in the room is a necessary to show to the heads at Universal to get approval for the maze. Just a thought!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HHN 2010 Update: Just completed the treatment for another maze. 30 pages this time! You'd think doing Twitter would make me write less!

4:09 PM Apr 30th via web

HHN 2010 Update - Just finished the treatment for the House of Horrors overlay. Working on scarezones and Terror Tram now.

5:27 PM May 18th via web

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is from last year. Now what I previously said is FALSE but in a way, my point still stands.

Murdy is shocked by how long his 30 page treatment is. Clearly not shocked by it being short as he expected less.

So is a 65 page treatment long? Apparently twice as long than any maze we went through last year! If that doesn't qualify for House of Horrors than I sure as hell don't know what venue does!

Okay, so this is way late and something just occurred to me that's basically leaving me feel like an idiot and like we've been overthinking something for a second...

"@HorrorNights Whats the next code name you guys will be releasing ?

@hhn09 One that ALMOST no one has guessed. Gonna surprise a lot of people but its time to expand our brand of HHN."

Okay, now granted, the second half of Murdy's post could definitely seem like it's in reference to the maze.

But then I thought about it again.

And since we're fans, we're a bit ahead of the tide on knowing there's a 6th maze coming, which is something Murdy has yet to announce.

I think at this moment in time, when he says "Gonna surprise a lot of people but it's time to expand our brand", I think he's just meaning he's going to announce the maze going in the JP queue, therefore revealing there will be 6 mazes this year. EXPANDING the event, not necessarily expanding to other genres or mediums for properties.

I could be wrong, it could be a TV show, video game or a paranormal type maze. TRIPLING the number of mazes the event used to have just 5 years ago is pretty surprising, even doubling what they had 4 years ago so I think that's what it's in reference to - - how fast the event is growing.

But I do think the next announcement will simply be "Scream is Trivia, located in the JP Queue which is a new location and all the other locations are coming back, meaning six mazes this year! Yaaaaay!"

I hope I'm wrong about this (not the Scream part, obviously) but I do hope that he's talking about the maze's content that'll be surprising (and HOPEFULLY good) and not just the fact that another one is being tacked on.

^What I'm hoping is that the "big surprise" maze won't be Steven because if it is, Scream won't be coming this year. Almost every fan out there is expecting/wanting Scream so it won't be much of a surprise. Not to mention it's not going to be Soap Opera through the hints that were given to us.

As for the "expanding the brand" bit, he probably won't announce the sixth maze until the other mazes are out of the way. I don't think he would announce the JP queue just yet.

Murdy just replied to me saying that he never said that every maze will be movie based. So he pretty much denied the idea of strictly movie based, also his wording of the answer implied that not every maze will be based on a property. I asked, "will every maze be movie based or are they "property" based?" His reply, "I don't remember ever saying that... see Twitter is like the game of telephone. Always misquoted."

Crypt Keeper being used could still technically be a movie property since he had 3 movies. He also belongs to Universal and they've used him in the past so I think it'd be awesome if they brought him back. The great thing is, his story is ever changing while he remains the same and recognizable. So you could slap his name on a maze, throw him in the beginning and the end and have everything in between be completely original material.

I see were your coming from on this im not to familiar on the character but i did see when he was at knotts and universal. Therefore it being a universal property i dont see why they dont put it to use. It would be really cool and "surprising".

^What I'm hoping is that the "big surprise" maze won't be Steven because if it is, Scream won't be coming this year. Almost every fan out there is expecting/wanting Scream so it won't be much of a surprise. Not to mention it's not going to be Soap Opera through the hints that were given to us.

As for the "expanding the brand" bit, he probably won't announce the sixth maze until the other mazes are out of the way. I don't think he would announce the JP queue just yet.

Idk freak DTH might have a point. "Expanding our brand " could mean he will reveal our 6th maze location (Trivia=Scream) which means dth will be right about trivia being next too lol :angry: But than again my logical thinking is telling me Murdy wont be releasing the 6th maze location until last and saving the best for last(Scream) Idk its a 50/50 chance here for me.

Murdy just replied to me saying that he never said that every maze will be movie based. So he pretty much denied the idea of strictly movie based, also his wording of the answer implied that not every maze will be based on a property. I asked, "will every maze be movie based or are they "property" based?" His reply, "I don't remember ever saying that... see Twitter is like the game of telephone. Always misquoted."

WHAT! lol murdy did say this i'll go see if i can find the tweet. If not though that works for our advantage...ORIGINAL CONTENT ;) Which gives The Crypt Keeper a bigger possibility

Ok im back and honestly looking for that one tweet would be like looking for a needle through a hay stack . Its crazy that like 100 tweets will only make up one day sigh* So im going to take a diffrent approach and try looking for when it was first mentioned here on the forums and even that might take a while. I shall return but just to rejogg everyones memories on the steven and soap opera codename........

Hint for "Steven" = "Basement Tape" There is also a scene inspired by the "Reign of Terror" in the French Revolution.

Hints for "Soap Opera" = "Run, Forest, Run" "O'Dowd" and an acronym that is found in the song "Anarchy in the UK"

Edited by HorrorNights93

There's tweets before that where he says NOBODY guessed Soap Opera.

*Arnold voice* You gotta listen to meeeeeh! lmao

@HorrorNights Any idea when the guessing window for soap opera will be open?

Will HAVE to open the window for that one...hints have thrown you all off track

In correlation with one that almost no one has guessed (almost meaning someone HAS but not many others have) and one where he HAS to open the window for again (because NOBODY got it right). You see where I'm going with this? I could be wrong but I'm just going by fundamentals of speech here lmao

And LeeRay, all the TrT and Evil Dead info are all in the last page or so. You don't have to scavenger through a dozen pages or anything, should be easy to find :)

@HorrorNights Was that mask you tweeted from a maze?

Yes

CRAP! We were wrooooong!!!!

Steven IS a maze. Aw fuck. I'm confused now. Gonna have to do some re-thinking.

I found it thank you. That is really depressing but I saw it coming, I am excited to see what the next PR is though, especially if it is something we really arent going to be expecting,

Back on April 28, somebody said that Murdy tweeted that one of the realised codenames was the HoH overlay. Steven hadn't been realised yet. Which means, Hostel behind Mummy. Thing in WWW. Hotc/bunny gibbons in t2. Steven NOT in HoH. Trivia or Soap Opera is in HoH.

Trivia is HoH then. Soap Opera has already been confirmed to be in Shrek.

Also, I though I never heard Murdy say that all of the mazes would be movie based. In that case, maybe Soap Opera is an original maze; oh I hope! :D

Whoa, Murdy just said that one of the mazes that just got listed (Either GV Black, Bunny Gibbons, 3DN, or Trivia) will be in House of Horrors. :blink:

Sorry for the double post, but I was wrong. If this is true, trivia is in HoH. Whoops. Freak beat me to it.

Edited by jymmymack

trivia in HoH ?!?!?!! Well Screams not looking to likely this year than. A Scream maze in the HoH would be lame it needs its own maze. And trivia is the last codename left that can relate to Scream unless steven possibly ? Also my mission has failed !! I couldnt find the tweet from murdy i looked all through june !! i recall him saying this though thats wierd

well at least we know the mask doesnt relate to the walking dead either.

@HorrorNights omg mask = walking dead!!

@MikeTweetz OMG..no it doesn't

Edited by HorrorNights93

Alright guys, Murdy is giving me the opportunity to dispelled HHN myths. what have you got for me?

i already asked him but you seem to be getting alot of info out of murdy lol but lets see :

Crypt Keeper, Jeepers Creepers TT (just ask it seems unlikely but hey still ask ), any original content mazes ??

ugh please disregard the double post but sadly the crypt keeper wont be at hhn 2011 either. I tweeted Murdy on it.

@HorrorNights Steven=HoH=Crypt Keeper ?? the hoh is the only maze that would require 65 pages of maze treatment !!

@hhn09 Wow that's a blast from the past (HHN in the 90s). No not right. Maybe I'm just really detailed in the description of this one.

and jymmymack got to the bottom of it. I never put much thought in the Jeepers Creepers rumors i just wanted to see murdys response.

@HorrorNights Jeep doesn't have the awareness, not that that's everything. Cool creature for sure.

Edited by HorrorNights93

In response to the TT new route/bigger budget question:"I guess the backlot is mine to do with it what I will. It's not like the make movies back there." 93, Steven is the JP queue, Trivia is HoH.

Edited by jymmymack

In response to the TT new route/bigger budget question:"I guess the backlot is mine to do with it what I will. It's not like the make movies back there." 93, Steven is the JP queue, Trivia is HoH.

Knowing this Screams not looking to good this year. Unless Steven happens to be Scream. But if its Trivia than i wouldnt be to excited for it unless there really going to change up ALOT in there.

The Thing WWW venue (GV BLACK)

Hostel Mummy Venue (3DN)

Soap Opera = Shrek Venue

Trivia = HoH

Steven= JP Venue

Bunny Gibons = T2 Venue (HOTC)

@HorrorNights well does this 65 page maze treatment belong to any of the code names already revealed ?:)

@hhn09 it belongs to a code name that hasn't had a PR release. Nothing to do with the length of the maze. Needed more info for my team

this leaves Soap Opera Trivia and Steven up for options. I'll have to go with Steven

Edited by HorrorNights93

Okay so if some of the mazes are original than what the hell is the point of trying to connect hints to codenames?! That's ridiculous. And I remember him saying something LIKE there would only be movie houses this year but it was something that could've been taken out of context.

So I'm glad that's settled. Trivia in the HoH.

Way I see it, we're not getting Scream this year which is complete and utter bullcrap. We were strung along last year that the pan needed to be hot, put through repeat mazes, just to get to this point and now it's pretty much settled that it ain't happening because the only way of it happening was if it was Trivia. But now Trivia's in the HoH... what flippin good is Ghostface in the House of Horrors? You can't make Casey Becker's patio in there... where is a prop department gonna fit? What about the bathroom of the movie theater? Or a barn for Stab a Thon?

And Soap Opera isn't Wolfman, Evil Dead, Trick R Treat or anything that we hoped for. I have a bad feeling it's gonna be Underworld or something ridiculous. I don't know guys... I'm kinda scared for this year. I was very hopeful, especially after I was proven wrong last year but I just don't know right now... this totally reminds me of last year where we questioned him on EVERYTHING worth seeing, EXCEPT for the stuff we thought we were gonna get a repeat on and then SHABAM! All repeats. I was reading the spec and discussion of last year and we were totally negative. Some of us were proven wrong (myself included) and some of us still hated last year with a passion. The Thing put us on the right track, I felt... but who knows what's coming next?!

Hey, okay, so I have a few questions...

1) Someone should straight up ask about Scream.

2) Ask which codename the clown dolls he bought are gonna be in.

3) Ask if there are any other "celebrity" tie ins like Eli Roth that'll be presenting any of the other mazes (if you can find a way to word it so that you mean anyone but Rob Zombie than go for it)

4) Ask if there are any scarezones tied to any to any of the mazes.

5) Straight up ask about a Shaun of the Dead or any zombie type maze.

6) Is one of the mazes' movies a bit obscure to the GP?

7) Is Freddy, Jason, Michael, or Jigsaw returning?

8) Are some of the mazes being done this year on the survey that was presented at the end of the year last year?

That's all I can think of for now...