HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

It's Alice Cooper welcome to my nightmare. Steven is the main character, Alice is notorious for getting decapitated on stage. Drew Struzan did the artwork. Also the announcement hinted at nightmares. Direbrian beat me to it, so even though I found that indy bttf connection, looks like I won't be dancing at the ball.

the clown dolls...cant sleep clowns will eat me... yep i guess it is alice cooper wow

Now could someone please explain to me how this is a horror movie? Or the maze quality in it? Or honestly why it deserves a spot at hhnh? How they could turn it into a scary maze?

think about remember someone was talking about the mind of rob zombie well simlar idea for alice cooper...

It's Alice Cooper welcome to my nightmare. Steven is the main character, Alice is notorious for getting decapitated on stage. Drew Struzan did the artwork. Also the announcement hinted at nightmares. Direbrian beat me to it, so even though I found that indy bttf connection, looks like I won't be dancing at the ball.

I remember back when Steven was announced as the code name, I immediately tweeted Murdy saying:

@HorrorNights knowing you I have to ask, does that refer to the "Welcome to My Nightmare" Steven?

22 May

Then, when he said that there was a main competitor I started freaking out, but once I found the WTMN artwork on Struzan's website I realized that if it is Alice Cooper, I'd have been my own big competition. haha.

Good luck to all who entered tonight !

Edited by DireBrian

the clown dolls...cant sleep clowns will eat me... yep i guess it is alice cooper wow

think about remember someone was talking about the mind of rob zombie well simlar idea for alice cooper...

Ok I understand the rob zombie thing but. That actually has some scense in it that could b cool in a maze. Isnt welcome to my nightmare about rock? That is a lot different than DR it really isnt a horror movie. What is welcome to my nightmare about exactly?

Now could someone please explain to me how this is a horror movie? Or the maze quality in it? Or honestly why it deserves a spot at hhnh? How they could turn it into a scary maze?

this is my exact question. it's not making sense to me :\ but i guess we will just have to wait and find out.

I remember back when Steven was announced as the code name, I immediately tweeted Murdy saying:

@HorrorNights knowing you I have to ask, does that refer to the "Welcome to My Nightmare" Steven?

22 May

Then, when he said that there was a main competitor I started freaking out, but once I found the WTMN artwork on Struzan's website I realized that if it is Alice Cooper, I'd have been my own big competition. haha.

Good luck to all who entered tonight !

hey wheres the artwork you found what lead you to this

Ok I understand the rob zombie thing but. That actually has some scense in it that could b cool in a maze. Isnt welcome to my nightmare about rock? That is a lot different than DR it really isnt a horror movie. What is welcome to my nightmare about exactly?

my guess right now would be an original maze from alice and johns mind

just mainly using the name but original concept

Edited by djevilclown

i have to say, i called it a LONNNNGGG time ago

but eh :P

ahaha oh just wait till you see whats in store

remember ladies and gentlemen

2 more mazes left ;D

BTW: we have 26 users on the HHNH page

holy effing crap :o

Alice Cooper has been in the maze business for as long as Zombie has. I remember he did mazes for Six Flags fright fest back in the day. I also remember that they were separately ticket because they cost significantly more to produce. Alice loves horror and incorporates a lot of horror theatricality into his shows. The Nightmare was a tv special about a boy who got trapped in his own nightmares and was hosted by Vincent price and has become a cult classic. Alice also co-wrote a horror graphic novel with Neil Gaiman called the last temptation.

Hmmm....maybe it is a maze based on The Coop.

He does have a new studio album coming out soon, though not coincidental with HHN dates. The new CD is called "Welcome 2 my Nightmare" and he considers it to be a followup to the classic. He is touring out of the country during the month of October.

It's not like A.C. has not been used for houses before. The "Brutal Planet" house ran for several years at Six Flags around the country.

And let's not forget, John Murdy LOVES Alice Cooper's music (one of the very few things we have in common), and has tweeted about it on several occasions.

If anyone knows their Alice, then they know that his songs contain a plethora of great material for a haunted house:

Just to name a few common themes:

"Cold Ethyl", "I Love the Dead" - Necrophilia

"Ballad of Dwyght Frye", "Wicked Young Man" - Madness

"Gimme" , "Nothing's Free" - Making a deal with the devil

"Dragontown", "Brutal Planet", "Pick up the Bones" - Post apocalyptic hell

Anything from the "Along Came a Spider" CD - The mind of a serial killer

The big argument against A.C. is that I thought Murdy made it clear there would be no original content and that every house would be based on a movie, didn't he? Doing an A.C. based house pretty much gaurantees original content...

And by the way, Alice plays locally about once a year (Greek theater, Gibson, and occasionally the Ventura Theater). His show is crazy good. Highly recommended.

Edited by zombieman

FYI guys, when Screamscape asked John if there would be an Alice Cooper haunt this year, Murdy said that he never got the chance to meet Alice in Cooper. School's out right now. So is Cooper. Scream is in! :)

holy shit i give up.... one thing i figured out is that anything can be related to a codename in some way or another... let me go kill myself now!!!!! lmfao

facepalm.jpg

Murdy has Denied Alice Cooper TWICE already.

ok now thats over also anything Steven King does is off limits Murdy has said and I know Orlando has this problem too Mr. King will not allow any of his work to be used in a theme park.

also Im guessing resident evil also

FYI guys, when Screamscape asked John if there would be an Alice Cooper haunt this year, Murdy said that he never got the chance to meet Alice in Cooper. School's out right now. So is Cooper. Scream is in! :)

holy shit i give up.... one thing i figured out is that anything can be related to a codename in some way or another... let me go kill myself now!!!!! lmfao

do we have to spell it out for you?

re read what Murdy Tweeted

And lastly, a little advise. I have The SOUL of a CARNY & am FULL of TRICKERY. Read between the lines. Things are not always as they appear

we learned VERY well from last year NOT TO BELIEVE WHAT MURDY SAYS -_______________-

There's too many things to connect it with Alice, and Murdy tweeted very carefully. He said he had never met him. This is just like the "only movie based" tweet. He never said it was only movie based. He just worded it in a way that led us to jump to conclusions. Murdy denied that he said that everything was movie based. Can anyone find the quote where he OFFICIALLY denied Alice Cooper?

And lastly, a little advise. I have The SOUL of a CARNY & am FULL of TRICKERY. Read between the lines. Things are not always as they appear

we learned VERY well from last year NOT TO BELIEVE WHAT MURDY SAYS -_______________-

so what are you saying then

yes but we also learned that when Murdy FLAT OUT DENYS something its the end of the story

Very true haha me and my brother call him the evil doer. Lmao

OMG!!! HE SAID THE WORD SOUL! THERE'S GOING TO BE A MY SOUL TO TAKE MAZE. THAT'S SOMETHING NO ONE WOULD EXPECT.

yes but we also learned that when Murdy FLAT OUT DENYS something its the end of the story

I like how there's that YouTube user named "MurdyLies"

John even mentioned it once on twitter, after he got back from his week long departure.

He codes not only the mazes, but what he says as well.

He jumps through hoops and while he doesn't Necessarily openly deny things he dances around them in a way that denies some part.

He's a trickster. He needs to make sure that this information doesn't get out before hand.

Question is... at what point do we go back to that crazy person on the HHN USH Facebook page to reference what else he appropriately tossed out prematurely...